• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Let me check. Because I'm positive that Melee sold less copies. I do know it was bought more when comparing the game-to-console ratio though.
Wait I looked again.

Melee sold 7 Million
Brawl sold 9 Million.

Therefore Brawl is the winner.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

THIS is a rapier. A moveset with a rapier would NOT be filled with slashing techniques
To clear things up: Marth and Roy both started with Rapiers. But as soon as both of them got their own Legendary Weapons, they started with slashing and stuff.

Ike however, just starts as any slasher... and also a silly pose. Until he promotes to Lord.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mewtwo might return, I'd love it if he would, and he's certainly the most likely of the forbidden seven to return. But the very fact that there's one new slot almost certainly reserved for a fifth gen pokemon makes this incredibly unlikely.
Absolutely disagree. There was a "reserved spot" for a 4th gen rep in Brawl yet Mewtwo was still going to get in.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Because he is a 1000x times better than Marth, IMO, and Roy and Liu Kang are the most kickass clones ever in fighting games.

Well, if you say he's better than Marth than I don't mind, I just don't see why a clone Roy should get in, hell might as well keep Ike since people are already calling him a Chrome "clone" based on appearance alone which is absurd and to think Chrome will be like that is pretty premature to assume.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, if you say he's better than Marth than I don't mind, I just don't see why a clone Roy should get in, hell might as well keep Ike since people are already calling him a Chrome "clone" based on appearance alone which is absurd and to think Chrome will be like that is pretty premature to assume.

So Ike gets replaced with a clone?

:laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait I looked again.

Melee sold 7 Million
Brawl sold 9 Million.

But there were only eleven million gamecubes sold. There was like eighty seven million wii's sold.

63% of Gamecube owners bought Melee.
10% Wii owners bought Brawl

Just a fun fact.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I heard that Victini was unplayable in ranked online. Is this true?

In Pokemon?

I'm pretty sure he's in the Underused tier.

Either way, Pokemon tiers are based on usage. People don't use him that much due to his weaknesses as a Fire Pokemon and Stealth Rock.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Chrome, Ike, and Roy are to Fire Emblem as Victini/Zoroark/Genesect, Lucario and Mewtwo are to Pokemon in Smash...

Speaking of Genesect, he might have more of a chance now due to Smash potentially being delayed along with Kid Icarus.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wow, is all this real? Source?

Actually it isn't 63% It's 31%. ( IDK where I pulled eleven from?)

31% of Gamecube owners bought Melee

10% of Wii owners bought Brawl

Just shows how many Wii owners were casual players...

Source? Simple Math and Wikipedia for the sales numbers.

Chrome, Ike, and Roy are to Fire Emblem as Victini/Zoroark/Genesect, Lucario and Mewtwo are to Pokemon in Smash...
The Pokemon debates are much more interesting than this IMO. And I don't enjoy arguing about Lucario.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

On a side note, I know Roy is wanted in Japan but are they asking for him over Ike like some people here are?

Also we need to see what the Japanese think of Chrome. Where's Toise when you need him? lol

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Wait I looked again.

Melee sold 7 Million
Brawl sold 9 Million.

Unfortunately raw numbers are the only statistic that counts in Nintendo's eyes...just like the only number that matters in the box office is net gross. Nevermind ticket inflation, increase in middle-class population, increase in number of theatres released, etc. What ultimately matters is how much money the company is making RIGHT NOW, not how much it did ten years ago in an entirely different market.

That said, let it be known that I bought a Wii solely for the purpose of playing Brawl.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ike is the only Fire Emblem Main lord with a signature move (Aether).
Exactly, why would Chrome have a move based on Ike? I don't see why he has to be referred to as that, it's nonsense.

Marth
Chrome
Ike

These are my probable choices, if anything just Marth and Chrome, still I doubt we'll get just 2 FE rep, it will expand to 3 slots since FE is in high demand of a new FE slot and the fact that Sakurai is a fanboy of the series, why wouldn't he go ahead and do so?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

On a side note, I know Roy is wanted in Japan but are they asking for him over Ike like some people here are?

Also we need to see what the Japanese think of Chrome. Where's Toise when you need him. lol
The new art style of the fire emblem is quite Otaku-ish wich will boost chrome chance because girls will like him although Fire Emblem Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn had the best art style compared to all the Fire Emblems.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Also we need to see what the Japanese think of Chrome. Where's Toise when you need him. lol
The Japanese Smash forums are much less active than their Western counterparts. It will probably be several weeks before we see any meaningful discussion from them regarding FE13.

I know that the Japanese Smash fans are VERY pessimistic in regards to cuts from Brawl's roster (the characters they see as possibly being cut are Lucario, Ike, Lucas, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, ROB, and Wolf).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I know that the Japanese Smash fans are VERY pessimistic in regards to cuts from Brawl's roster (the characters they see as possibly being cut are Lucario, Ike, Lucas, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, ROB, and Wolf).
I think they're probably on to something.
If we get a smaller roster, cuts are a big way of adding newcomers without raising character count. Too many characters make it hard to balance a game, which is something Sakurai really wants SSB4 to be. Balanced for competitive play.

That said, let it be known that I bought a Wii solely for the purpose of playing Brawl.
ditto. I've bought other games, but most I only play NSMBWii, and Brawl. The rest of the games I play on my Wii are gamecube era games. (SC2/Melee)

Popularity is overruled if the character does not have any mainstream appearances. Waluigi is a perfect example of this.
Which Roy has. You guys and your goldfish relevance.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Japanese Smash forums are much less active than their Western counterparts. It will probably be several weeks before we see any meaningful discussion from them regarding FE13.

Hmm so the Japanese are just like us. Except for the fact that we spend more time online. :laugh:

Anyway I guess no one wants cuts. So here's hoping for Marth, Ike, and Roy to make it in over Chrome. :)

D

Deleted member

In Pokemon?

I'm pretty sure he's in the Underused tier.

Either way, Pokemon tiers are based on usage. People don't use him that much due to his weaknesses as a Fire Pokemon and Stealth Rock.
I brought it up because BloodyJoker a month ago from GameFAQs said that Victini's popularity would decline due to being un-usable in Random Match-Up and Ranked Online Play. I wanted to refute it, but having not been able to play Black & White (due to me saving up for this game and not having a DS anymore since it got washed), I decided not to.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
ROB won't go, much as I wish he would.

Everyone else probably won't survive, though I think Wolf/Falco and Ness/Lucas aren't as clear-cut as we think.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
ROB won't go, much as I wish he would.

Everyone else probably won't survive, though I think Wolf/Falco and Ness/Lucas aren't as clear-cut as we think.
IMO, the case with Falco and Wolf is like this: Falco has been in Melee, and is also a popular character of the Star Fox series, second to Fox most likely. And Wolf is Fox's rival, and say, who wouldn't like to see (X character)'s rival in the same spinoff game? Specially if it's a fighting game.

Edit: Heck now I remember the whole "Black Knight in Brawl" thing when Ike was announced.

Ness and Lucas is as following: Ness is from the original Smash, and seems he's not going anywhere. Lucas is the latest (and seems the last one) MOTHER protagonist. Yeah unless a new MOTHER game is announced (again, seems highly unlikely), I doubt Lucas is going anywhere.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mewtwo will come back, this I can assure since he does not relate to Zoroark the way Ike does to Chrome.

I can agree with this except for Ike and Chrome.

We haven't really seen Chrome in action, comparing him to other FE characters is rediculous at this point seeing as his game only was announced yesterday.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Doesn't matter, if Intelligent System wants Chrome in, he will be in, why are people already shooting Chrome down??

People are not shooting down Chrome so much as they are shooting down the meme that he is guaranteed to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom