• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Let's say that Genesect/Meloetta was revealed early-mid next year and the game released late 2014 or latter. The one revealed first becomes a popular choice, being around Vicitini's and Zoroark's level for requests if not slightly more. It also get a movie in the summer of 2012.

How will you feel about its chances?

I think they would have a reasonable shot, although not as big as Zoroark or Victini.
I would think that both would have good chances, but I agree, not as big as Victini's and Zoroark's chances, with them both being poster boys for the 5th gen, at arguably the most crucial time pertaining to Smash (when Sora and company start deciding the roster).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You think it'd be like a transformation? Or maybe what Diddy/Dixie probably would have been? (They are both on the screen, but its only one of them fighting at a time essentially acting physically like Zelda/Shiek but aesthetically like the ICs?
I can't tell if you're trolling, or legitimately throwing out an idea? Either way, I would love to see: Marth, Chrome, Caeda/New Girl.

D

Deleted member

You think it'd be like a transformation? Or maybe what Diddy/Dixie probably would have been? (They are both on the screen, but its only one of them fighting at a time essentially acting physically like Zelda/Shiek but aesthetically like the ICs?
No, I'm expecting Chrome (the FE13 Lord) to fight alone.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why would Chrome be a tag team with the new girl? I don't see it to be honest.

:phone:
Liz (the blonde loli) is a staff user. Staff users are not really offensive aside from the occasional beserk staff or sleep staff, however, both of those staffs only do damage indirectly. The rest of the staffs in the Fire Emblem series are used either for healing or teleportation.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I can't tell if you're trolling, or legitimately throwing out an idea? Either way, I would love to see: Marth, Chrome, Caeda/New Girl.
Trolling? How is that trolling?

The idea comes from the fact that we were told that Diddy and Dixie would have been a team, but had technical difficulties. Given how we have transformation characters, technical difficulties seems strange unless something was different about it. The most logical thing then is that they would have played like they would have in DKC2. You only control one kong, and the other follows, but you can switch between them when you want to use the other kong's ability. Thus in Smash it'd probably end up like how Zelda/Shiek works, yet look like the ICs.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Did....did you not see the trailer for the new game? One of the mechanics for the new game is that you can basically have two characters fight at the same time.
That's interesting. I like that.

Liz (the blonde loli) is a staff user.
Even better. (The staff using). . . but I guess loli's are cute too. . . ?

I think that using this Mechanic with the two characters would be a good way to represent the game as a whole, not just Chrome. If this is a new type of gameplay that has only shown up in the latest FE game then that's an even better reason to show it off in a moveset/character team up. (I noticed they were on the screen together, but I don't play FE so I didn't think anything of it)

Trolling? How is that trolling?
I didn't know the mechanics worked that way, so I assumed you were trolling. But then you sounded slightly serious about it, so I was confused.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Did....did you not see the trailer for the new game? One of the mechanics for the new game is that you can basically have two characters fight at the same time.
Nope, I missed out on it, a link would be nice, but I could truly say that I would see it happenning only if most of the game is based on tag strategy.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Assumptions assumptions everywhere, and not evidence or link...

Anyways. A tag team would be interesting, just not sure if it would be likely.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Yeah, I heard this suggested quite a bit in the past.

But before throwing in a tag-team idea, i'd rather see Diddy and Dixie Kong as a tag team-character, before throwing other tag teams (Ice Climbers don't count, since they do basically the same).

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
The best reason is: You can't play all the time with him in Majora's Mask. He's only playable against bosses. And if your magic bar runs out, you're poor Young Link again.
It's one of the most Final Smashy characters ever, sorry. :c
I have a right to completely ignore the rest of Majora's Mask. Fierce Diety should be the default, and Zora/Goron/Deku link should be the Final Smash. It's better that way, because that Link would pwn.

OmegaXXII

Liz (the blonde loli) is a staff user. Staff users are not really offensive aside from the occasional beserk staff or sleep staff, however, both of those staffs only do damage indirectly. The rest of the staffs in the Fire Emblem series are used either for healing or teleportation.
Liz you say with a staff, I guess she could serve as Nana? Or would she be more independent? Meaning if Chrome got ko'd Liz would remain as playable??

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The next FE rep will be from FE13. It will be both the new FE main lord (Chrome) and another character (The main female I guess) at the same time, sort of like Ice Climbers! Why? Because of dem new mechanics man. It can give them something interesting that sets them apart. You heard it here first, yo.
I pointed that out before you :) check my older comments xD

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I have a right to completely ignore the rest of Majora's Mask. Fierce Diety should be the default, and Zora/Goron/Deku link should be the Final Smash. It's better that way, because that Link would pwn.
Or Vice-versa. Like Pokemon Trainer, you could switch between the three masks. And in the Final Smash, Link wears the Fierce Deity Mask.

That'd sound more fair, considering that gameplay-wise, the Fierce Deity Mask was only used in Boss Fights.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...ChronoBound?

...Chrome-oBound. :troll:

The stress of thinking about Fire Emblem characters in Sm4sh is getting to me.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Yeah, you do have the right. But you'd be ignoring a true masterpiece, man.

And I don't see how, for a Final Smash, he would get weaker...

OmegaXXII

But before throwing in a tag-team idea, i'd rather see Diddy and Dixie Kong as a tag team-character, before throwing other tag teams (Ice Climbers don't count, since they do basically the same).
Funny you mention this, people here actually hate the idea of pairing both Dixie and Diddy and want to see Diddy as his own like he was in Brawl, also I believe a tag would help with K.Rool since Dixie wouldn't interfere whatsoever, even though K.Rool seems demanded more.

D

Deleted member

@Pieman0920: One of your main criteria is relevance. Since Mewtwo is getting an event in Black & White, that helps its relevancy. How do you feel about Mewtwo's chances now?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Funny you mention this, people here actually hate the idea of pairing both Dixie and Diddy and want to see Diddy as his own like he was in Brawl, also I believe a tag would help with K.Rool since Dixie wouldn't interfere whatsoever, even though K.Rool seems demanded more.

Well, I haven't been around this place for quite a while. And I remember something during the Brawl hype that Diddy and Dixie were intended to be a tag-team, but the idea was later scrapped. IMO, that would be interesting to see it working.

OmegaXXII

...So you guys just decided to discuss the new FE character without researching at all? Par for the course here I guess. :V

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/titlelist/fire_emblem/index.html

I can't say how much the tag teams will be used, but it does seem like one of the things they are highlighting.
Interesting indeed, I say it will most likely happen only if the mechanic is mostly used thoughout the game, also whether or not Sakurai see's and acknowledges the idea, I don't think he would come with a complcation with it??

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I don't think he would come with a complcation with it??

Sakurai had problems getting Diddy and Dixie to work. He likely encountered the same problem with Plusle & Minun too.

Also, what part of Liz being a non-offensive character and non-lord don't you guys understand?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Pieman0920: One of your main criteria is relevance. Since Mewtwo is getting an event in Black & White, that helps its relevancy. How do you feel about Mewtwo's chances now?
Mewtwo honestly doesn't need relevancy. It's like saying "Well former President Bill Clinton recently started a foundation for homeless sick children, he's back in the papers!" Mewtwo is just going to be ever important.

The stress of thinking about Fire Emblem characters in Sm4sh is getting to me
I know. I'm having an anxiety attack just being in here. But I'm glad you're around...

I was going to make a joke about possibly needing CPR, but then stopped. :)

Also, what part of Liz being a non-offensive character and non-lord don't you guys understand?
Have you met Zelda, Peach, and ROB? Seriously though. It doesn't matter.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Very low. The event is relevancy to an extent, but its rather irrelevant relevancy. Loads of Pokemon get events. Its just Mewtwo's turn since, unless I'm mistaken, there hasn't been a legit way to get him since 3rd gen.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Well I thought of it first! :mad:

Seriously though, I actually did think of it a while ago, but couldn't post here until I got back from work. :c
but the teaming isn't with the girl only it seems it's going to be with everyone but I think it's going to be more universal where Chrome Moveset will have his teamate attacking with him e.g: when you use special a mage appears and shots a fire ball and when you use Down-special a knight comes and deflect the attack and when you use Up-special a pegasus knight comes and graps you and Side specail will have you going with a Cavalier charging to enemy.

well whatever anyway seems alot of the posters ignore my posts but the new Fire Emblem crushed alot of our dreams:

Black Knight....
Caeda....
Roy(although I don't want him back)...
Micaiah/Sothe....
A new girl....

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you do have the right. But you'd be ignoring a true masterpiece, man.

And I don't see how, for a Final Smash, he would get weaker...
I've been sarcastic the entire time, haha. Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, of course if it were implemented FD would only be a final smash.

Mind you, the most depressing Final Smash, because the moment you realize it's ending you'll begin to cry. WHY CAN'T IT LAST?

OmegaXXII

Well, I haven't been around this place for quite a while. And I remember something during the Brawl hype that Diddy and Dixie were intended to be a tag-team, but the idea was later scrapped. IMO, that would be interesting to see it working.
Of course it would, it all depends whether or not Sakurai manages to fix the complcations he stumbled upon during Brawl's development, I definetly would like it since it would mean that we would get 4 DK reps instead of 3, Diddy/Dixie technically counting as one even though they are made up of 2.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Very low. The event is relevancy to an extent, but its rather irrelevant relevancy. Loads of Pokemon get events. Its just Mewtwo's turn since, unless I'm mistaken, there hasn't been a legit way to get him since 3rd gen.
You can get Mewtwo in HGSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom