• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Metal Overlord said:
Speaking of Genesect, he might have more of a chance now due to Smash potentially being delayed along with Kid Icarus.
When it comes to Pokemons not revealed yet, Genesect is the best choice (Meloetta is a solid one as well, Keldeo, ewww.). However, if it is going to even have a shot, it will need to be revealed first.
ChronoBound said:
(the characters they see as possibly being cut are Lucario, Ike, Lucas, Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, ROB, and Wolf).
The only one I'm really worried about is Lucario. I think Ike, Lucas, Sonic, and R.O.B. will probably return. Snake and Wolf have good chances of returning as well. Toon Link's situation is as bad as Lucario's, but I don't really care for it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I can agree with this except for Ike and Chrome.

We haven't really seen Chrome in action, comparing him to other FE characters is rediculous at this point seeing as his game only was announced yesterday.
Yes, but my point is that Mewtwo simply being a "decendant" of what could be Zoroark isn't likely to be a factor for consideration, I don't see it interfering with Mewtwo chances at all, Mewtwo and Roy are in a completly different situation, they aren't the same as far as consideration factors go and character inclusions go.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Doesn't matter, if Intelligent System wants Chrome in, he will be in, why are people already shooting Chrome down??

What are you even talking about? I said nothing about Chrome?

Roy got scrapped from Brawl though, and Chrome's relevance pretty much ensured that Roy will not be back.
I don't even care about Roy, it bothers me that most of the posters here live in this ten second time frame where anything that wasn't released in the last year "Isn't happening". It's really stupid to even think like that. Relevance has it's place, but everyone here acts as though it's the single most deciding factor. Roy has, and has always had a dedicated fanbase. Just because he isn't the new guy doesn't change the fact that people want him.

I mean look at Toad.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to Pokemons not revealed yet, Genesect is the best choice (Meloetta is a solid one as well, Keldeo, ewww.). However, if it is going to even have a shot, it will need to be revealed first.The only one I'm really worried about is Lucario. I think Ike, Lucas, Sonic, and R.O.B. will probably return. Snake and Wolf have good chances of returning as well. Toon Link's situation is as bad as Lucario's, but I don't really care for it.
Snake and Sonic are third parties. Third party characters cost extra money, which is why I don't expect more than two. They need to add new third parties because that's a guaranteed means of increasing sales. Ergo, Someone's gonna get cut.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Watch Chrome go down the route of Ephraim. We will have wasted our fighting and tears for nothing.

Class was cancelled, so I'm back.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Watch Chrome go down the route of Ephraim. We will have wasted our fighting and tears for nothing.
In the meanwhile, I'll just keep on praying for Matthew from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn to appear in Smash 4.

I honestly don't mind much about Fire Emblem reps in Smash 4 save for the possibility to get 3 reps. Really.

Edit: OOPS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What were you referring to then?

See my post above. You know, the one you just quoted? Where I talk about goldfish relevancy and how older characters are still good choices, despite everyones ten second memory.

Regardless, Toon Link is much better than Young Link.
In SSB, they both suck. I would rather have Tingle, or Debbie.

D

Deleted member

Snake and Sonic are third parties. Third party characters cost extra money, which is why I don't expect more than two. They need to add new third parties because that's a guaranteed means of increasing sales. Ergo, Someone's gonna get cut.
That's why I did not say they are a shoe-in to return. What I do fail to see as to why they are guarantee to be cut.
OmegaXVII said:
This caught my attention, why is Toon Link in a bad situation?
I don't dislike Toon Link, but I think that Young Link has an equally as good chance of coming back as Toon Link does . If Majora's Mask gets remade and no new Toon game gets made, I'm not expecting the toon variation to return.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
See my post above. You know, the one you just quoted? Where I talk about goldfish relevancy and how older characters are still good choices, despite everyones ten second memory.
I don't deny that they are still good characters, but certain franchises have clearly been more affected by marketing pressures than popularity. Pokemon and Fire Emblem, specifically. There could be a dozen more interesting first-gen pokemon or FE Lords, but those will always take a backseat to the current poster children.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
n SSB, they both suck. I would rather have Tingle, or Debbie.
This. I don't want half of the Zelda series to be clones of other characters.

I'd love for Toon/Young Link to return unique, but knowing Sakurai, that probably isn't going to happen.

OmegaXXII

That's why I did not say they are a shoe-in to return. What I do fail to see as to why they are guarantee to be cut.I don't dislike Toon Link, but I think that Young Link has an equally as good chance of coming back as Toon Link does . If Majora's Mask gets remade and no new Toon game gets made, I'm not expecting the toon variation to return.
I'm guessing Y.Link has a good chance due to OOT3DS coming out, it helps in determining his chances, I personally do prefer Y. Link over Toon Link.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This. I don't want half of the Zelda series to be clones of other characters.

I'd love for Toon/Young Link to return unique, but knowing Sakurai, that probably isn't going to happen.
It's not even "probably" it's pretty much not. Sakurai really doesn't tweak clones all that much. He doesn't tweak movesets in general, all that much.

I don't deny that they are still good characters, but certain franchises have clearly been more affected by marketing pressures than popularity. Pokemon and Fire Emblem, specifically. There could be a dozen more interesting first-gen pokemon or FE Lords, but those will always take a backseat to the current poster children.
Well, Pokemon has some room to spare, I mean "poster children" only take a single slot. Where fire emblem really is tight on slots. Five Pokemon slots leaves room for a lot of leeway in terms of other gens, and Mewtwo. Three slots leaves no room for anyone other than Marth, Ike, Roy, and Chrome. Unless they want to cut Ike, and add Chrome and that pretty girly friend of his. . . :D

Y'all know Midna+Wolf Link is the best replacement for younger/toon Link
Fish bowl. I tell you. But they have a lot more than relevance going against them.

If anything Ghirahim should appear instead!!
I already said Debbie. Besides, if any "Gay" character from LoZ is getting in, it's Tingle.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Shoot so KI got delayed? Hmm do you guys still think we might get a trailer at E3?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Ah, I see. So basically there is a chance we may be fighting over nothing? :laugh:
I can quite understand why some people are concerned. I mean, FE13/3DS looks pretty much like FE2 and FE8 did, going around a world map, and being able to level up freely. In FE8, even in Hard Mode, the game was easy. Oh, and both games were pretty short compared to the other games.

It seems FE fans didn't take that nicely. But like I said before, it's too early to start bashing FE13 for that. I could go on and on about this, but this is not a Fire Emblem board.

Welp, back to my support on other characters.

Matthew from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is my main concern now.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The next FE rep will be from FE13. It will be both the new FE main lord (Chrome) and another character (The main female I guess) at the same time, sort of like Ice Climbers! Why? Because of dem new mechanics man. It can give them something interesting that sets them apart. You heard it here first, yo.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Tingle should just keep running and let Ghirahim do all the hard lifting.

Sorry, I couldn't hear you past Tingle's two games. What was that?

because tingle sucks(opinion) ghirahim needs a unfab costume change too, to make him (besides his tongue) more menacing
No and No.

The next FE rep will be from FE13. It will be both the new FE main lord (Chrome) and another character (The main female I guess) at the same time, sort of like Ice Climbers! Why? Because of dem new mechanics man. It can give them something interesting that sets them apart. You heard it here first, yo.
I dig it. Nice to see you around.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

deep inside
Keep dreaming then, since you're wishing for the impossible.

If anything Ghirahim should appear instead!!

No way do I want a pale, cross-dressing freak to be fighting. Ghirahim is just bad.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Shoot so KI got delayed? Hmm do you guys still think we might get a trailer at E3?

I think so, if only for two potential reasons: Nintendo, especially Sakurai, seemed reluctant to announce two games several years away knowing how highly anticipated they are. They could and should release a small teaser to compensate for that. Also, IMO, it is very strange to announce two projects and not show anything of it for 2 years.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman

deep inside
Never. Fierce Diety or nothing.

Well, Pokemon has some room to spare, I mean "poster children" only take a single slot. Where fire emblem really is tight on slots. Five Pokemon slots leaves room for a lot of leeway in terms of other gens, and Mewtwo. Three slots leaves no room for anyone other than Marth, Ike, Roy, and Chrome. Unless they want to cut Ike, and add Chrome and that pretty girly friend of his. . . :D
On this we agree, which is why I feel that Mewtwo stands a small chance of returning, and Roy does not. Marth and Chrome are practically givens, and I have to agree with eveyrone here that 1) Roy is a clone, Ike is not, and 2) barring Chrome just inheriting Ike's moveset, the backlash at Ike being cut would be even worse than when Roy was cut, even if we got Roy back.

D

Deleted member

Let's say that Genesect/Meloetta was revealed early-mid next year and the game released late 2014 or latter. The one revealed first becomes a popular choice, being around Vicitini's and Zoroark's level for requests if not slightly more. It also get a movie in the summer of 2012.

How will you feel about its chances?

I think they would have a reasonable shot, although not as big as Zoroark or Victini.
Opelucid said:
At least a cinematic trailer.
Pieman0920 said:
Agree with this, but I don't think it'll be a tag team.

OmegaXXII

I agree with this!!

But why tag team?? Ike and Macaiih weren't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom