• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Exactly my point, Ike was brand new when Brawl development started, besides Intelligent Systems plays a role as well.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mainstream titles have higher priority than spin-offs.
What? I don't think so. Why? That doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm pretty sure we should consider how popular characters got because they were in smash just as seriously as how popular they were because of their original series.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, a new FE shoe-in has emerged...

How can anyone think for a second Roy will usurp the third slot? Consider the backlash that came with Roy's cut, then imagine that times ten for Ike, who actually has a unique moveset.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Exactly my point, Ike was brand new when Brawl development started, besides Intelligent Systems plays a role as well.

This

What's the talk about KI getting two new reps? It doesn't seem that out of question because Sakurai gave Kirby two reps in Brawl... if KI gets two reps it should be Medusa and Magnus

OmegaXXII

This

What's the talk about KI getting two new reps? It doesn't seem that out of question because Sakurai gave Kirby two reps in Brawl... if KI gets two reps it should be Medusa and Magnus

Kid Icarus does seem like it's probable of getting two reps, if so I don't think it will be Magnus since Palutena seems to be more prominent in the series, I may be wrong though.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

How can anyone think for a second Roy will usurp the third slot? Consider the backlash that came with Roy's cut, then imagine that times ten for Ike, who actually has a unique moveset.

I know man , they want a clone to replace a unique character -.- it's just laughable and a not so smart.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much this. If FE gets three slots, I think Ike will get it. The only cut vet I see returning now is Mewtwo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Like Star I'm sick of FE debating.

So can we for now all agree that chances are FE will be getting at least 3 slots?

As for the KI topic, I don't think 3 reps may happen, but it really all depends on Sakurai yet again thinks the series can warrent 3 slots. And seeing as he gave SF 3 slots, anything could happen.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mainstream games are made with heartfilled desire while spin-off are cash cows....
What are you even talking about? We're talking about popularity. Which can be gained through any form of media.

I dunno, At this point the third slot should just be left to who is more popular, or more demanded. Which could be either of them.

Although I would prefer we just get a new girl and be done with both Ike and Roy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This

Magnus? Hell no. He's not as important as Palutena and Medusa. It's like putting Bowser Jr. in before Peach. The anime even revolves around Pit, Palutena, and Medusa. They are like the Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf of the Kid Icarus series.

D

Deleted member

Kid Icarus rep should be one of Palutena and/or Medusa. I fail to see why Magnus is a good choice.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Pretty much this. If FE gets three slots, I think Ike will get it. The only cut vet I see returning now is Mewtwo.

^^^ This,for me (a huge Ike fan since 2005) cutting Ike will be sad but I wouldn't mind having Chrome instead of Ike after all they have quite the similar characteristics. but having a clone over Ike will enrage the SSB community not just for removing Ike but putting a clone back instead of a totally unique character like Ike.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I guarantee you Ike backlash will occur if Ike is scrapped/replaced.
I garantee you the game will still sell like hotcakes so Nintendo can cut who they want. Look at Mewtwo. Probably 100x's more popular than Ike, and Brawl has been the best selling installment yet.

It's like putting Bowser Jr. in before Peach
I'm pretty sure I've seriously used this exact same example to describe Magnus.

This place is moving far too fast for my taste.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I know man , they want a clone to replace a unique character -.- it's just laughable and a not so smart.
So true. I'd love Roy to come back but not at the expense of a unique character...

The new announcement has absolutely crushed my hopes of Roy returning for Smash 4. Oh well, at least we're getting Mewtwo most likely...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
People aren't understanding Marth and Roy does have the same status they are both Rapier users
that's why they were clone and the flame properties come from the sword Roy holding and Ike sword does shot projectiles.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So true. I'd love Roy to come back but not at the expense of a unique character...

The new announcement has absolutely crushed my hopes of Roy returning for Smash 4. Oh well, at least we're getting Mewtwo most likely...

Do not despair yet. There is plenty of reason why Roy could return in Smash 4. I think there are many people that are inflating Ike' and Chrome's chances. To date, the Gaiden/Sacred Stones type Fire Emblems have been poorly received by the fanbase, and it appears that FE13 will be going in the same direction as those two titles. There is also the matter of how Roy is very highly requested by the Japanese Smash fanbase, and how Sakurai himself seems to have a soft spot for him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People aren't understanding Marth and Roy does have the same status they are both Rapier users
that's why they were clone and the flame properties come from the sword Roy holding and Ike sword does shot projectiles.
If Marth is a rapier user, why isn't he holding a rapier?

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
I seem to agree with everyone here:

If two slots, we get Marth and Chrome. If three, they add Ike. Ike won't take precedence over a new FE Lord for the same reason that Roy was replaced by Ike. FE is a series that is continually churning out installments, and sticking in the Lord du jour has become expected as a means of attracting buyers to the same extent of Pokemusical chairs.

Mewtwo might return, I'd love it if he would, and he's certainly the most likely of the forbidden seven to return. But the very fact that there's one new slot almost certainly reserved for a fifth gen pokemon makes this incredibly unlikely.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Roy is a clone, I don't know why people want him so bad?

Personally since I mained him in Melee but moving on...

I'd take Ike over Roy anyway. Ike is more in touch with the world wide FE fanbase, Brawl sold more then Melee (I'll have to check this is off the top of my head) and therefore means more Ike mains and fanboys.

I'd only take Roy back if he got a new moveset, but we all know that won't happen. Based on the evolution of fighting game characters Roy would only end up becoming a Semi-Clone and I don't think anyone wants that to happen.

If Roy were to be in over Chrome then sure, I can live with that. But for now I only see Mewtwo come back.

EDIT: I looked Melee sold more then Brawl nevermind.

EDIT2: Nevermind my 1st edit my mistake. :facepalm:

Either way we having really seen Chrome in-game so bashing on him a day after his game was annnounced is quite childish. I for one am just happy that FE is getting a new game at all.

OmegaXXII

I guess Roy seems to have a fanbase but that doesn't matter if Sakurai likes Ike as his new character, opinions change overtime.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I'm stepping in a mine-field by posting now, but I really liked this statement.

I for one am just happy that FE is getting a new game at all.
It's been years since a new Fire Emblem game has been announced, and so far FE12 hasn't been released, which is sad.

The new guy, Krom/Chrome? I'm willing to wait and see how he turns out to be. Of course, I still like Roy, but let's give this new guy a chance.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

THIS is a rapier. A moveset with a rapier would NOT be filled with slashing techniques

OmegaXXII

Chrome is going to likely make it in due to Intelligent Systems, I don't think popularity has to play any sort of role for him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I know and I changed my post. Sorry for the mix up. :(
Let me check. Because I'm positive that Melee sold less copies. I do know it was bought more when comparing the game-to-console ratio though. The only reason I like that statistic is because of all those silly casual gamers who bought Wii's and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom