• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well powers out in San Diego, I wont be on for a while and my bro wants to use his iPod. Im gonna go swimming
Someone said that Takamaru looked to be like a mix of Marth and Shiek after looking at a moveset xD It should be fun to play him after seeing that (top tier :O )

Takamaru on the list of retro/classic characters in SSB4 :D
Okay its hot im gone now

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm not opposed to Megaman having a moveset with all his attacks from Robot Masters because it's probably most likely to happen, but when you guys say that a copy ability is too Kirby like, isn't having all his moves based on copied moves something Kirby already does as well?
Yes, but the difference between Megaman copy ability is that he copies moves based of his game which are totally original; Kirby's copy ability however isn't he depends on actual Smash characters to do so, whereas Megaman doesn't.

I would still prefer a weapon changer though since it's much more unique and would provide a unique style of play that we have yet to see.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Exactly they would have different copy abilities, but I was talking about the actual moveset as a whole. Kirbys attacks are mostly based off Fighter Kirby with Throw, Hammer and Ninja I believe. Megamans would be similar but with Robot Masters. I was saying that a lot of people didnt like having MM copy because thats what Kirby does, but then its okay to have the moveset as a whole with the same idea?
And Im trying to make the weapon swapper unique but no one seems to like it :/ (which is why I dont feel like posting mine up very soon)

Also sorry Omega, if youre up for it we could continue this later I gotta go

OmegaXXII

Well, I don't mind having a weapon changer at all, I think people have a problem with the menu thing you added to it, the move itself isn't.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortie
Any female characters you'd like to see in the next Smash games?
Krystal
FE Female (Micaiah, Caeda, Lyn)
Wario Female (Captain Syrup, Ashley, Mona)
Medusa
Gardevior
Kanan

That's about it. I think all of these females are deserving enough, it doubt most of their inclusion though. The only ones I think have a real shot are Krystal and a Fire Emblem female.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Krystal
FE Female (Micaiah, Caeda, Lyn)
Wario Female (Captain Syrup, Ashley, Mona)
Medusa
Gardevior
Kanan

That's about it. I think all of these females are deserving enough, it doubt most of their inclusion though. The only ones I think have a real shot are Krystal and a Fire Emblem female.
Gardevoir why? It's a cool Pokemon and all but I think a female Pokemon like this would be better even though it hasn't been revealed yet...

D

Deleted member

Opelucid, Meloetta is genderless.

Still, Meloetta would be a solid choice for a 5th gen rep; if of course she's revealed soon and gets a movie next summer. Sakurai seems to like transformation in Smash so if he wants to add one with transformation, Meloetta is something he'll likely consider.
[Collapse=useless stuff to get my signature showing]come on please show please show. fine, I'll do this.

ajfladjdkljfeaiovnanaeioavneaidfaknvaoenvpenaivoenvakdnvapoeoianveka[dnvaklalvnaioenavpenaoievneadivoanedvawa

I like music

sfnoeianveoiwihaioherlehnava;idngvaivehniutghtanvioanevciopeanveaiohtaionviandlakhjeivnaiopnvaiopaeinfavioanvadslehrnvdka;hdf;lajfdadfjkdas;fjdafjwapowefionvapdnweiophnfipnveoienp[/collapse]

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Opelucid, Meloetta is genderless.

Still, Meloetta would be a solid choice for a 5th gen rep; if of course she's revealed soon and gets a movie next summer. Sakurai seems to like transformation in Smash so if he wants to add one with transformation, Meloetta is something he'll likely consider.
[Collapse=useless stuff to get my signature showing]come on please show please show. fine, I'll do this.

ajfladjdkljfeaiovnanaeioavneaidfaknvaoenvpenaivoenvakdnvapoeoianveka[dnvaklalvnaioenavpenaoievneadivoanedvawa

I like music

sfnoeianveoiwihaioherlehnava;idngvaivehniutghtanvioanevciopeanveaiohtaionviandlakhjeivnaiopnvaiopaeinfavioanvadslehrnvdka;hdf;lajfdadfjkdas;fjdafjwapowefionvapdnweiophnfipnveoienp[/collapse]
Yeah I know it's genderless it just seems really feminine to me I think Keldeo might get the movie next summer and Meloetta the one after that I couldn't see Keldeo being playable though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather see a movie of that bug legendary. IT would be epic

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking that next summer that they'll start doing movies on Pokemons not revealed {Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect}. Whoever gets it first will be a competition for Zoroark and Victini to face.

I'm personally hoping that it's not Keldeo. I doubt it'll garner much serious support and it looks kind of embarrassing for a Legendary. Meloetta and Genesect would be nice choice for a 5th gen rep and one of them getting a movie would result in quite a few people supporting their inclusions and since the roster is not likely to be completed until late 2012, they may very well end up as the 5th gen rep since they don't have to worry about the "Mew-like" status that Victini faces and (at least in Japan), "expected but not really wanted" like Zoroark.

And yeah, Genesect should get a movie.

D

Deleted member

so..has the Victini movie been released in the states thus far??
It won't get released until early next year if patterns indicate anything.
pikmingrapeandrape said:
It would suck if zoroark got in
More or less depends if all that happens with the Pokemon roster is if Zoroark replaces Lucario. I don't necessarily see him as a bad addition if a fifth slot is made for him.

My thoughts on Pokemon newcomers if we get five slots (Including Mewtwo and Pichu despite not being newcomers):

Victini > Mewtwo > Deoxys >> Genesect > Meloetta >> Zoroark >>> Keldeo > Pichu

I consider Mewtwo, Deoxys, and to a lesser extend, Victini deserving. Genesect and Meloetta are also solid choices. Zoroark I'm neutral on. Keldeo and Pichu, on the other hand, are laughable.

pikmingrapeandrape

Smash Cadet
It won't get released until early next year if patterns indicate anything.More or less depends if all that happens with the Pokemon roster is if Zoroark replaces Lucario. I don't necessarily see him as a bad addition if a fifth slot is made for him.
personally, i think should not bring in zoroark, bring in a different pokemon, then add either mewtwo or lucario as dlc

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm almost 100% sure Genesect will be the last Unova event Pokemon revealed since it is the last event Pokemon in the Unova Dex some people say it'll appear in a movie with a Gen VI Pokemon. Anyway I'd say for a Unova Pokemon rep I'd say it's between Zoroark and Victini I like both Pokemon a lot but I'd really like to play as Zoroark.

Anyway I was thinking of retro characters today and I found this
Classic Nintendo characters
Arcade
Donkey Kong Jr. • Pauline • Sheriff • Stanley
Nintendo Entertainment System
Balloon Fighter • Bubbles • Devil • Duck Hunt Dog • Excitebiker • Ice Climbers • Mach Rider • Medusa • Mike Jones • Mr. Stevenson • Palutena • Pit • Professor Hector • R.O.B. • Tamagon
Famicom &
Famicom Disk System
Ayumi Tachibana • Chao • Donbe • Goku • Hikari • Protagonist (Famicom Tantei Club) • Sukapon • Takamaru
Game Boy
Alice • Muddy Mole • Prince Richard • Prince of Sablé
Other
Balloon Man • Mr. Game & Watch • Oiram Repus

On that list Mr. Game & Watch, Pit, R.O.B, Ice Climbers have all been playable Mach Rider almost seems like a shoe in with his series getting revived... but to be honest out of that list I'd like to see Sheriff, Devil, or Sukapon playable.y
Also another thing! Darkrai was the most recent movie star before Brawl I don't see why people didn't want Darkrai in Brawl instead of Lucario probably not enough popularity.

D

Deleted member

I personally wouldn't consider Medusa or Palutena "retro" since they have a new game coming up and Mach Rider wouldn't count either if the rumor of a new game comes true. However, I will say they are among the most likely candidates you've mention on the post (along with Takamaru, Mach Rider depends if the rumor comes true).
Opelucid said:
Also another thing! Darkrai was the most recent movie star before Brawl I don't see why people didn't want Darkrai in Brawl instead of Lucario probably not enough popularity.
It's not that it wasn't popular, it's that the movie came too close to Brawl's release to be seriously considered. Darkrai probably would have gotten more support of it if the movie was at the same time when Lucario's movie was.

Also, I think that movies are a double-edge swords. On the one hand, it helps narrows down the likely candidates significantly to make speculation much more easier (I only see realistic 5th gen choices going up to three if Meloetta/Genesect gets a movie next summer and if the game is released mid-2014 or later), but it does severely limit the possibilities.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, like always I'd take both Mewtwo and Lucario before any 5th Gen Pokemon.

Personally I'm just hoping Pokemon gets 6 slots like it was planned to in Brawl. That way everyone can be happy and no one gets cut.

At least Sakurai said in one of his interviews that picking Pokemon was tough, hopefully that's a sign.

D

Deleted member

Meh, like always I'd take both Mewtwo and Lucario before any 5th Gen Pokemon.

Personally I'm just hoping Pokemon gets 6 slots like it was planned to in Brawl. That way everyone can be happy and no one gets cut.

At least Sakurai said in one of his interviews that picking Pokemon was tough, hopefully that's a sign.
That would be nice. It's too bad it's not likely.

But in terms of "deserving", here is what I would have for a six slot Pokemon roster:
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Pokemon Trainer
- Mewtwo
- Lucario
- Deoxys

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Honestly, I'm worried we may not even get five slots, which would be a huge let-down.
Life sucks. I just wish that Pokemon didn't have to go through like this every game. :(

But there's always hope.

But in terms of "deserving", here is what I would have for a six slot Pokemon roster:
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Pokemon Trainer
- Mewtwo
- Lucario
- Deoxys
That would be awesome. Personally I'm now hoping for the R/S remakes to come soon.

That way we can reenact Mewtwo and Deoxys fight to the death from the manga. :cool:

D

Deleted member

--- said:
Life sucks. I just wish that Pokemon didn't have to go through like this every game
Pokemon has one shot right now to stop this with five slot by just adding a 5th gen Pokemon and keeping the ones we have. While it does mean no Mewtwo, it'll prevent us from having a pattern of "latest flavor-of-the-month replaces the old one".
--- said:
That would be awesome. Personally I'm now hoping for the R/S remakes to come soon.

That way we can reenact Mewtwo and Deoxys fight to the death from the manga.
Here's hoping for an announcement by late 2012.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Omega knows where it's at. ;)

Pokémon comes up often it seems. Whenever the cycle comes around, the discussion seems to fall on whether or not the franchise will continue to fluctuate and no two people have the same Pokémon section on their roster.

Pika
Jiggz
Mootoo mabee
Trainar
Loocary mabee

seems to be fairly standard, but then people are under the impression of a 6th rep. This gets us:

deeawxees
moar trainar
darkrye
gennesectz
victorytini
zoro's ark
keldeo
meloetta
meeouch
mooooar trainers
legendaries

And then there are people who want MORE from the above list, and start the replacement business and some even go as far as to suggest 7 slots!

Crazy.

OmegaXXII

Omega knows where it's at. ;)

Pokémon comes up often it seems. Whenever the cycle comes around, the discussion seems to fall on whether or not the franchise will continue to fluctuate and no two people have the same Pokémon section on their roster.

Pika
Jiggz
Mootoo mabee
Trainar
Loocary mabee

seems to be fairly standard, but then people are under the impression of a 6th rep. This gets us:

deeawxees
moar trainar
darkrye
gennesectz
victorytini
zoro's ark
keldeo
meloetta
meeouch
mooooar trainers
legendaries

And then there are people who want MORE from the above list, and start the replacement business and some even go as far as to suggest 7 slots!

Crazy.
Wow, what kinda of choices are those? :awesome:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Obviously the only good ones.

My choices are probably

1.Pikachu
2.Jigglypuff
3.Pokemon Trainer
4.Lucario
5.hypemon

OmegaXXII

My choices are

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Pokemon Trainer (Red or N)
-Victini

Meowth would be nice for DLC though, I've always wanted to play as him.

majora_787

Smash Hero
BANDWAGON JUMPIN'!!

- Pokemon Trainer (3rdgen)
- Zoroark
- Jiggs
- Pikachu
- Mewtwo

I'd rather not cut Lucario, but that would necessitate cutting Jiggs, and that probably won't happen. Sooo. :awesome:

Don't get me wrong though. I would heart Deoxys over Lucario and Zoroark. For sure. I just don't see it happening, sadly.

D

Deleted member

My choices for five slots:

What OmegaXVII said.

Also if Waluigi gets in, expect it to be a very controversial move.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
"Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something."
Enough is enough.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
BANDWAGON JUMPIN'!!

- Pokemon Trainer (3rdgen)
- Zoroark
- Jiggs
- Pikachu
- Mewtwo

I'd rather not cut Lucario, but that would necessitate cutting Jiggs, and that probably won't happen. Sooo. :awesome:
Don't get me wrong though. I would heart Deoxys over Lucario and Zoroark. For sure. I just don't see it happening, sadly.
This you know what's up!

OmegaXXII

Basically all the lists are the same, people just end to want either Victini or Zoroark which is fine since at the moment its kind of hard to tell who will actually get the roster spot as far as a newcomer goes, it's pretty bleak at the moment so we can't say why this Pokemon deserves to be in over the other, we cannot jump to conclusions just yet.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Id rather just bring back Mewtwo and add Zoroark making it

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (1st gen)
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Zoroark

That way you have three 1st gen reps, then an awesome weakness triangle (Mewtwo>Lucario>Zoroark>Mewtwo)

pikmingrapeandrape

Smash Cadet
I think every type of pokemon has been in one ssb or another (regular, legendary, baby,etc.) But the only one that has been left out is an event exclusive pokemon. Genesect, Zoroark, and Victini all fit this role obviously, but i'd prefer genesect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom