• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What the hell am I reading!?

Anyways, if I can talk Mega Man for just one second...
How do you think his copy ability would work in the game?
Do you think it would actually be in it?
Something to evoke responses such as these. XD

Actually I think the better option would be to have his entire moveset consist of various Robot Master abilities. Example, forward smash would be Slash Claw. Neutral aerial would be Top Spin. Something along those lines.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If I did bat for that team you'd be too high octane for me. If you are as snippy offline as you are on. Honey, I'd drop you like a fat man having a heart attack. And that is the stone cold truth.
Haha. I'm actually one of the nicest people in real life. Real life pisses me off because you can't freely speak. I mean you can, but see how far you get in the workplace/school when you tell your superior to suck a **** or how dead wrong they are. So I get to be snippy here, because the biggest consequence is someone rants at me(oh no!) or I get banned, which would actually suck considering I like some of the people around here. Besides, I know you think "I've changed" over the past year which is true. The only change is, I no longer care if others don't like me on the internet. The people I do like, I'm nice to.

I hope the rumor mill picks up soon. It's one of the most fun parts about this silly community.

Tensions are running high in here again, it seems.
Meh, not really.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Actually I think the better option would be to have his entire moveset consist of various Robot Master abilities. Example, forward smash would be Slash Claw. Neutral aerial would be Top Spin. Something along those lines.
Well, I think it won't harm showing my idea of how it would work:
[COLLAPSE="Megaman's Copy Feature"]

It would work like in the original games: You defeat a opponent, you get "his move". Simple as can be.

And I know there's a little flaw in the "color changing" idea... Two Mega Men with the same colors would be confusing... :glare:

PS: All those .gifs were lazily made by me.[/COLLAPSE]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I vote no on the copy ability. It's too sloppy for me. The colors thing is a problem, plus we already have a copy character. That's Kirby. Not to mention Zoroark could try and use the copy ability in some weird way. The only difference being his wouldn't be just an obvious Kirby copy.

On top of that, Megaman has sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much freaking content as a series. He doesn't need a copy ability. His moveset would be better executed if each move was taken from all the various weapons all the various incarnations and enemies Megaman faces.

Something like a Robot Master type blaster that you can switch between three to six abilities would be a perfect idea. Maybe throw in a Zero referened move, and a Protoman taunt. You got yourself a fangasm waiting to happen.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
After playing professor layton and the curious village he must be in this game, I will not take no for an answer.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
... So um..

New character: the farmer guy you play as in Rune Factory

He fights in the game..

And the game originated from Nintendo.. As a spin off from Harvest Moon (nintendo original)

And its popular among simulation games..

vicgur

Smash Ace
You sir just won the thread today.
Ha, thanks man!
I have more stuff like this in mind. I'll probably put here sometimes.

I vote no on the copy ability. It's too sloppy for me. The colors thing is a problem, plus we already have a copy character. That's Kirby. Not to mention Zoroark could try and use the copy ability in some weird way. The only difference being his wouldn't be just an obvious Kirby copy.
On top of that, Megaman has sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much freaking content as a series. He doesn't need a copy ability. His moveset would be better executed if each move was taken from all the various weapons all the various incarnations and enemies Megaman faces.
Something like a Robot Master type blaster that you can switch between three to six abilities would be a perfect idea. Maybe throw in a Zero referened move, and a Protoman taunt. You got yourself a fangasm waiting to happen.
I get and understand everything you said.
I think about copy ability because when I think of the possibility of Mega Man in Smash, I think of Classic Mega Man. When I think of Classic Mega Man, the first thing that comes to mind is him getting a new ability when he defeats a Robot Master.
But then, it's just an idea. :bee:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Don't mind him, he's the pessimistic one around here.

Personally, I thought it was very insightful. It being an idea that everyone understands, you capitalized on it properly. Since this is the classic version, it would make sense for him to be a little more dare I say childish? So you can add outlandish things to his playstyle as such.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
After playing professor layton and the curious village he must be in this game, I will not take no for an answer.
^ This. Everyone who has played any of them will come to the same conclusion. The way i see it, hes right behind Megaman in terms of 3rd party likelihood.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't played ANY of his games so I am going to make a completely ignorant statement that he is a horrible character that shouldn't be anywhere near my smash and is from a very bad game

Edit: Zozoark's Illusion ability should make him LOOK like another character for X but retain his own moves. I think that fits Zozoark better than outright copying someone

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Without the illusion ability, Zozoark is nothing but another dark-type pokemon

Illusion is just about the only thing unique about him.
But if we can't make effective use of the move, what's the point? If the move is going to end up like a pos, then I say pick Victini over him. They could always incorperate it in a similar way they did the "aura" with Lucario. Not an actual attack, but some sort of effect.

Still, I haven't heard a single person suggest a good way to perform this attack. I mean, Dixie got cut for a similar reason. They couldn't "make it work". I figure, if they can't get Zoroark's stuff together at the begining of development, he shouldn't move on from there. No point in him crapping out halfway through.

Tier wise, wouldn't him being able to become other characters really screw up his placement?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say, think of a good mechanic first.

Let the competitive community make or break it after.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

It would work like in the original games: You defeat a opponent, you get "his move". Simple as can be.

And I know there's a little flaw in the "color changing" idea... Two Mega Men with the same colors would be confusing... :glare:

Dude! Thats a much better way to put a copy ability to use than how I thought! I was more strict on copying, so I thought that MM could just copy a main "element" of a character (Mario: fire, Pika: electric) but your idea seems like something Sakurai would go for :)
How do you feel about him having a weapon swap ability? It still stays true to his game since he never directly copies any enemies until after the Boss is beat.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Wow, I like but I believe it should be based on boss characters from his game rather than copying the abilily from Smash characters, also why not have a weapon changer instead, y'know, using it swords or any other type of weapon to his moveset instead? I'm liking the color change haha, I'm surprised I didn't see Snake there.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Just that one and a mix of a pop up menu and a randomizer for weapons xD
Its pretty basic for now but I havent actually sat down and thought of anything new other than original standard attacks

OmegaXXII

Just that one and a mix of a pop up menu and a randomizer for weapons xD
Its pretty basic for now but I havent actually sat down and thought of anything new other than original standard attacks

Pop up menu? You mean like that moveset I showed you right?? Hmm..wouldn't it be a little distracting if it had to show it on screen everytime you want to use it? I dunno.

No menu for Mega Man please. Also, I'm sort of against copy abilities since there's kirby already.

Just make it like this:

Neutral B : Mega buster
Forward B : Weapon use
Downward B : Weapon swap
Upward B : Mega Uppercut or something

OmegaXXII

^Yeah, same here, I rather not have a copy ability at all, just leave it to Kirby, Megaman is too special to have such a thing, it's silly for a 3rd party icon to be doing and depending on other characters moves.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Berserker
Thats actually what I have for specials, but I want more than just that.

Who said he would be depending on other characters? That copy ability would be an addition to what he would already have (the way my set will be anyway). Copying an ability is iconic in Megaman so it it should at least have a place. No one said it would be exactly like Kirbys, in fact vicgur's take on it makes it "unique".

Im thinking the menu would work like this:
Down B and hold B until you choose the weapon of choice. It would look more like a wheel (kinda like Assassins Creed). An experienced player would have these 8 weapons memorized where it is (Rush Coill is Up, Volt Beam is DownRight etc). A random feature would of course be quicker, TAP Down B would enable that. The randomizer would also allow stronger weapons to be of use not found in the menu, like Xs Nova Strike (might be a little OP but its an idea).
Im thinking a good way for MM to copy the opponent's ability or w/e is to taunt after taking a stock and then maybe have it at the "center" of the menu (no joystick direction). The taunt wouldnt be directly taking the ability like Kirby, and its what MM does when he defeats a boss and takes theirs.

It depends less on the menu like the one you showed me, rather it being a feature

OmegaXXII

Meh, I like Vitcur's and berserker's take, simplistic yet iconic, a shoryuken style recovery would be better than roil coil IMO.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Youve said before that Rush Coil is better when I brought up Shoryuken -_-
And mine is a mix of both, whats so complicated about holding B and going in a circle or tapping down B?
You just like disagreeing with me dont you :p

OmegaXXII

Nope, just giving you my thoughts, I like both actually but I just realized Shoryuken would be a damaging one, of course Roil Coil is more iconic to his series so.... and you mentioned "a mix of both" hmm..???

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yea, I even said Berserker had the layout for specials of what I had. And vicgur's had a take on copying, and I like his version better than mine.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I say, you hold down basic B, megaman somehow indicates that he is switching Robot master power to the player (Like with a split second color swap, or something) and bam. You have five or six Robot master moves in a single button.

I almost drove four hours to take a freaking placement test this morning, thank god I founf out I can take one at my local CC that will transfer. -.- So happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom