• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Shortie
Basically how my menu system works, except there's 8 weapons and you have a better way of choosing instead cycling through. The random feature also adds more weapons

Just realized I put cycle not wheel. Hopes that makes more sense.
:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortie
Basically how my menu system works, except there's 8 weapons and you have a better way of choosing instead cycling through. The random feature also adds more weapons

Just realized I put cycle not wheel. Hopes that makes more sense.
I'm not seeing how this won't be a major inconvenience and hassle. Unlike my way. Mine may take a second or two to get to where you need to go, but there isn't a menu in everyone's face.

I feel like a menu would disrupt the flow of the game/battle.

How about just rapidly using the down B to quickly switch weapon. He becomes red when he uses the flame sword or something like that.

Off for now

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
How about just rapidly using the down B to quickly switch weapon. He becomes red when he uses the flame sword or something like that.

Off for now
Totally This!!!

It should happen this way, it's unique and interesting as well, so....with that said, I hope to see Star when I get back.

<3 Starphoenix

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I doubt Mega Man's copy ability is very necessary to implement as a special. I know it's his THING, but his moveset, which should be composed of the various abilities he has copied over his long history, should be a clear enough indicator of the ability as well as the best way to make use of it. His moveset will be pretty crazy already like that, so you don't need to tack on the copy ability in an attempt to make him unique. (Which it wouldn't be, due to KIRBY. It's like people saying Shadow Mario would make Bowser Jr. unique. COMPLETELY FORGETTING ABOUT ZELDA AND SHEIK.)

Special: Mega Buster.
PRETTY MUCH ALL HIS NORMALS: Copied abilities.

Done.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want to make fun of that post. . so bad.

But instead, I will go to sleep.

@Oasis,

At this point, I think we've moved from copy ability to some sort of Robot Master ability thing. The copy ability is a horrible idea. It's Kirby's thing. You have it right on the money.

The one where Omega confessed his boy on boy love for Star. It's soooo cute! ^.^ lol.

It should happen this way, it's unique and interesting as well, so....with that said, I hope to see Star when I get back.

<3 Starphoenix

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ah, right. Robot Master abilities. That's what I meant. Those should make up his normals.

I'M SORRY THAT I HAD TO POST BEFORE YOU AND FORCE YOU TO MAKE EDITS. GET SOME SLEEP.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Hey, as we all know Kirby has the obvious copy ability too, I'd like to make something clear.
Yes, Kirby and Mega Man copy their opponents. I was aware of that when I started the discussion about it.
That's why I showed you those .gifs!
The idea is: He wouldn't simply copy the enemy's ability, like Kirby. He would have a new shoot[move] BASED on the character he is copying. Just pay attention to the .gif, and you can see DK's would be a freakin' coconut[see what I did there?]...
Once again, it's just an idea not to make him too obvious...

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Gifs are painfully annoying to make.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I'm not seeing how this won't be a major inconvenience and hassle. Unlike my way. Mine may take a second or two to get to where you need to go, but there isn't a menu in everyone's face.

I feel like a menu would disrupt the flow of the game/battle.
Who said the menu was gonna be in everyones face? Im thinking a little wheel over his head, maybe color coded or w/e to pick the weapon. It doesnt have to take long to pop up either. If you have it memorized, and 8 isnt too much to remember, it could take as long Link taking out a bomb. And the random feature is there to help change quick, which wouldnt mess up your flow of battle.

@Omega
Unique? Isnt pressing down B to "transform" Zeldas thing? Or cycling through PTs thing?

OmegaXXII

@y.toonlink: Well sort off, but I was referring more to the way it's presented, y'know a color indicator along with a weapon type would be better IMO than an on screen grid, for the reasons Shorts posted.

Whelp, back to work!! -_-

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Again, its not a full screen grid yo.
And the color showing Megamans weapon is how it is in the game.

You know wut, maybe not even over his head. Its where the stocks are at the status display

Yo vicgur
Any thoughts on my ideas?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
A menu of any sort wouldn't be necessary. The input to start the switch, once pressed, would leave you in that animation until you choose your weapon undoubtedly. Press whatever input necessary to switch to the desired weapon, accompanied by some sort of indicator, and you're done.

You would just have to memorize what input is what. The eight directions of the stick I suppose. The indicator could be certain particle effects coming from his arm cannon.

I mean, that's still a bit convoluted but it'd work. Though I think still think it's all unnecessary. :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ugg, another MM moveset debate.

My thought is to have him use nothing but Robot Master weapons for his most/all of this moveset, heck I even made a moveset that does just that. I find it would fit him, be unique, and of course not having to worry with/deal with the mechanics of him copying moves from non-Robot characters something of which is not very accurate to his game series.

Either way, what ever happens his moveset should be quite unique to him.

But we can all agree that we don't want his MvC moveset. It sucked! We hate you Hyper MM! XP

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Thats what ive been saying ths whole time. Hence wheel menu, but i didnt explain that you have to use the joystick so whoops.
If you were to memorize all 8, the menu shouldnt be a problem being there. Itd be very Megaman like and would be unique (which is what everyone wants right?)
And if you dont wanna choose what weapon you want, then you could tap down B (like tap side B for Samus super missile) to get a random weapon. The advantage to that is that you can get a weapon not on the menu thats stronger like Xs Nova Strike. It also obviously quicker, but the overall time it would take to switch would be like Links bombs

OmegaXXII

Cuz of me obviously haha, and yeah Master Chief Shulk or Takamaru moveset would be nice yo.

Time to dissappear once more. -_-

vicgur

Smash Ace
Yo vicgur
Any thoughts on my ideas?
Yeah, I didn't really thing how he was gonna change his moves, so I liked to see some ideas.
I liked the idea of him having some Robot Master moves when the game starts. If my idea of copying joined this one, it would be awesome. I like it. I want it all, and I want it now.

EDIT: Anyways, I was just trying to think outside the box, so Mega Man could have his copy ability WITHOUT being just another Kirby. I wanted to think about a way to make him awesome and original without having to lose his "awesomest" feature.
[yeah, I like the word "awesome"]

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Megaman talk now, hmm.

I'd just prefer him using all Robot Master weapons, not using copy ability like Kirby. (-l-l-)

BTW, I wonder if I showed it for ya before but here's one AWESOME moveset for Megaman if he was in MVSC3. I'd wish they'd make him something like this when in SSB4, using all the Robot Master weapons wittily and tactically, don't ya think?

EDIT: Also I'm little sickened about Capcom's situation... I'm still believing Blue Bomber hasn't been killed (I mean, look what happened to Sonic and Kirby, Sega was treating Sonic like crap and Kirby again had his father leaving the company, much like Megaman- sure they had issues last times but now they're back much better than before) and I'm sure he'll be back on top of gaming industry. Capcom though seemingly gives out an impression of accusing it to be fans' fault for Megaman having hard times now. (-l-i-);

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@vicgur
Did you see my post earlier? I mixed in your copy ability in :D
Except it's not a special itself. MM doesn't directly copy the boss's ability, he defeats them first. So how about MM take 1 stock and then gain the ability?
btw Do you think a menu is too complicated?

vicgur

Smash Ace
@vicgur
Did you see my post earlier? I mixed in your copy ability in :D
Except it's not a special itself. MM doesn't directly copy the boss's ability, he defeats them first. So how about MM take 1 stock and then gain the ability?
btw Do you think a menu is too complicated?

Yeah, I saw it. That's why I talked about it. ;D
As for the menu, if it's placed somewhere nice and not in the middle of all the action[like next to MM's percentage] it would be interesting.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yea, I changed it from on top of his head to around his portrait (maybe overlapping it).
I think a moveset with all different weapons is what probably would shotw up (you know like how Kirby's moveset is based off of his existing copy abilities) but I think this weapon swap one would be fun. It's pretty much based off MvC where he has physical attacks and switches his weapons, but I think it'd do nice in SSB.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Megaman talk now, hmm.

I'd just prefer him using all Robot Master weapons, not using copy ability like Kirby. (-l-l-)

BTW, I wonder if I showed it for ya before but here's one AWESOME moveset for Megaman if he was in MVSC3. I'd wish they'd make him something like this when in SSB4, using all the Robot Master weapons wittily and tactically, don't ya think?
I remember that moveset, not my most favorite but awesome anyway.

As for a RM weapon only moveset here you go. ;)

Anyway I have yet to edit it, so it is only a 1st draft so limit your flamming please. I am still taking suggestions. So feel free to post them.

Mega Man

Notes:
Light/Medium Weight
Both his Walking and Running speeds are average
Is a Fast Faller and has average Air Speed (just like in his games)

Pros:
Able to rack up damage easily
Great special and Smashes
Thunder Wool makes for a great edge guarding
Great Recovery
Great ground game

Cons:
Lack of killing moves
Light weight
Poor aerial game
Fast faller means he can be chain grabbed and easily edge guarded by opponents

Specials:

Neutral - Mega Buster - Chargeable and can launch 3 uncharged shots at a time (think Super Scope item),

Side - Thunder Wool (MM10) - launches at an angle a Thunder Cloud that after 3-5 seconds produces a lightning bolt (Thunder!), great for edge guarding and setups,

Up - Rush Jet (MM3) - Rush appears underneath MM in Jet form, allows MM to fly for about 3-4, can attack but only with uncharged buster shots, when done puts MM into a helpless state, can jump/shield out of, balances poor aerial game,

Down - Copy Vision (MM&B) - creates a stationary hologram turret for 2-3 seconds, shoots non-flinching buster shots in 1 direction, hologram itself doesn't harm opponent, only 1 hologram at a time,

Final - Support Robots (MM5-6,MM7,MMV)- Summons Beat, Tango, and Rush all at once for 12-15 seconds, Beat and Tango hunt down opponents, while MM gains the Super Adaptor, 2nd Jump becomes a jet pack, Charged Buster shots become homing fists,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - Quick Boomerang (MM2)

Forward - Slash Claw (MM7)

Up - Pharaoh Shot (MM4)

Down - Slide - moves MM forward,

Dash - Charge Kick (MM5) - moves MM forward

Aerials:

Neutral - Thunder Claw (MM8) - pulls MM slightly forward

Forward - Electric Shock (MMV) - has less range then MMV version

Up - Top Spin (MM3) - think Mario Tornado

Down - Sakugarne (MMII GB) - works like Link's D-Aerial but has less knockback,

Back - Flame Sword (MM8)

Smashes:

Forward - Hard Knuckle (MM3) - launches a fist forward, very laggy, can be slightly angled, high knockback, less range then MM3 version

Up - Mega Punch (MM:the Power Fighters/MvC) (Shoryuken!)

Down - Wild Coil (MM7) - launches 2 bouncing springs forward/back, when charged they also bounce higher, less range then MM7 version

Throws:

Pummel - shoots uncharged buster shots

Forward - Super Arm (MM1)

Up - Gravity Hold (MM5) - does no damage, great launcher,

Down - Water Shield (MM10) - produces WS, opponent is hit by all 8 water droplets,

Back - Super Arm (MM1)

Other Moves:

Wall Jumping (MvC, MMX and beyond series)

Taunts:

1. Removes Helmet
2. MvC Taunt
3. Powers down into Rock for a second

Costumes:

Green - Quint MM2 GB
Red/Gray - Rush/Proto Man
Black/Orange - Bass
Blue/Yellow - Bad Box Art Style
Blue/Orange/White - Model A (There was a 8bit style minigame in MMZXA)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm for upB being rush spring
I actually like that.

It would help balance him out by nerfing his recovery, it would be similar to Sonic's of course but his MM would be a fast faller it wouldn't be as good.

I am thinking of maybe changing a special into a weapon swtich button? Any idea's for weapons? Personally I'm thinking the Crash Bombs, Plug Ball, and Mirror Buster.

OmegaXXII

Victini is American? I thought he was Japanese though. :/

I still would like to see a Takamaru moveset though since alot mention him to be a probable character.

D

Deleted member

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I thought of a character that I will definatly make if custom Mii's are available. He is a man who has been in some of the most nightmarish worlds every concieved. He has battled some of the most sadistic bosses imaginable. He is feuled only by rage and alcohol.

[collapse=He is....]

[/collapse]

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Victini is American? I thought he was Japanese though. :/
More or less. It's all ready speculated that the Unova region is based on the U.S.A. Similar to other regions that are based on Japanese Provences.

And seeing as Unova is said to be a far away region away from the rest, it would make sense.

Plus Black and White's director even confirmed he based much of the region on U.S. Citys.

Ex. Castelia City - New York City
Ex. Liberty Garden/Island - Liberty Island

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I'm not opposed to Megaman having a moveset with all his attacks from Robot Masters because it's probably most likely to happen, but when you guys say that a copy ability is too Kirby like, isn't having all his moves based on copied moves something Kirby already does as well?

majora_787

Smash Hero
This is Takamaru:

I dunno where I heard this, but isn't Takamaru basically in a similar relationship to Link as Pit to Samus? (Same engine, similar/identical release date) But then, Takamaru was also sort of released only in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom