• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I think the conclusion to be reached here is that nine new series JUST ISN'T ENOUGH.
Agreed. The fact of the matter is that Sakurai actually shafted smaller series which he admits in the Olimar page on the Dojo(even though he blames it on developers). I think mandatory new franchises are:
Golden Sun
PunchOut!
Sin and Punishment
Legendary Starfy
Professor Layton

And not to mention all the deserving franchises like Megaman, Dragon Quest, that Takamaru franchise, Custom Robo, Animal Crossing(Tom Nook!), and everything else! Sakurai has to acknowledge these smaller franchises now unless he wants to add no characters or just dig deeper in the existing franchise barrel.

:phone:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm back with thoughts...

With the new Rumor that sounds alot like a Fan-fiction story (Fire Emblem : Sacred Sword and the Red Demon Lance), we might get a chance to see the DECENDENT of Roy not Roy so yea forget aboyut the Idea that Roy is coming back, and we might see Ike there to.

There is a new rumor about the new Mach Rider.... we might see the main protagonist of the series.

So I think we will see alot of cool stuff going on.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I got a way to prevent planking and camping for SSB4.

The in-game audience will throw tomatoes at plankers and campers, while booing. The tomatoes will be unavoidable, even if you dodge. They might also throw pitfalls, banana peels, shells, crumpled up paper, shoes, water bottles, bowls of cereal, and clocks.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The in-game audience will throw tomatoes at plankers and campers, while booing. The tomatoes will be unavoidable, even if you dodge. They might also throw pitfalls, banana peels, shells, crumpled up paper, shoes, water bottles, bowls of cereal, and clocks.
Tomatoes heal 50%

Obviously people should plank and camp more

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Sakurai has to acknowledge these smaller franchises now unless he wants to add no characters or just dig deeper in the existing franchise barrel.
AMEN

I hope he was simply answering on the spot when he mentioned there weren't many new franchises to choose from.

I thought this was the same guy that gave us G&W and Pit, what's going on with this perception of 'New'?

I got a way to prevent planking and camping for SSB4.
Just have the ledges accumulate wear and tear.

Don't tell me they don't know how to make it happen.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I dunno, I can see Sakurai pulling something similar to Brawl when it comes to smaller franchises. I can see him only adding two or three of them. Hopefully we get four or five smaller franchise characters.

Ideally, if we got 14 newcomers, I would want to see 5 from smaller franchises, 3 left to retro/wtf characters, and 6 left to existing franchises. If we get a third party character, I don't think it will effect the rest of the cast. I'm sure we'll get two tops, and I'm not even counting on getting one at all.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Haha, seems Star gets it, indeed the Wii-U version would be handicapped by the 3DS as far as the roster is concerned.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Its cool, I saw that tingle comment and I sort of played on that.
If you haven't noticed, I joke around quite a bit. I doubt you'll ever see me getting real serious.

Everything's a gauge with me, if ever you want to go deep, we can go there.
Just try not to look so immensely into what I have to say if that's not where you're at.

So Hi, I'm (n)ever, nice to meet you ;)
Hey hows it goin :)
I joke around a lot too but I don't think some people catch that I am haha
But yea, I was supporting why I don't think I have to be serious all the time because ^^^

I'd rather have characters that look AND play unique
I'm sure at some point during Melee when we unlocked clones we said something like, "Wat, what's the difference?" but then those clones ended up having their own spot on the tier list. I'm not saying we should have clones again, because I wanna see some originality too, but as Luigi-fied, semi clones etc they shouldn't be that big of an issue. There's only so much you could do with punches and kicks.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Haha, seems Star gets it, indeed the Wii-U version would be handicapped by the 3DS as far as the roster is concerned.

Sure, if you want a retardedly large amount of characters or something.

OmegaXXII

I'm back with thoughts...

With the new Rumor that sounds alot like a Fan-fiction story (Fire Emblem : Sacred Sword and the Red Demon Lance), we might get a chance to see the DECENDENT of Roy not Roy so yea forget aboyut the Idea that Roy is coming back, and we might see Ike there to.

There is a new rumor about the new Mach Rider.... we might see the main protagonist of the series.

So I think we will see alot of cool stuff going on.
Yup, I am quite aware of this, I already knew about it, it's suppose to be coming out on the 3DS, and is based on FE6 but a sequel that'd 100 years after Roy's game so yeah....a new lord or Thw Black Knight would be nice.

I'm hoping it will get announced on the 13th of this month since Nintendo is scheduled to have a conference over a Nintendo 3DS announcement.

Well, as far as Mach Rider is concerned, it's still just a rumor but it might come to pass therefore giving him a chance at it.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
There's only so much you could do with punches and kicks.
Tell that to the Starfox fans that unlocked Wolf for the first time. :glare:

Teirs are subjective as well. If you have a clone that is based off a character that is legitimately high teir and give him a few tweaks and options, odds are they are likely to follow suit.

If anything, luigi-fied clones should be looking at those specifics that enhance the meta game. No one's saying that the core essence of their roots need to dramatically change.

Is there any reason why Falco can't have a recovery special that is different than Fox's?

<3 Starphoenix
:pimp:

OmegaXXII

Sure, if you want a retardedly large amount of characters or something.
Well think of it this way, if rosters were to be non-universal it would enable Sakurai to have and include a broader selection of characters meaning more overall characters would be in Smash.

For example, Bowser Jr. and Toad, if we were to get Universal rosters it would limit the amount since he may not be intending to have that many choices, but If non-universal rosters were to happen than Sakurai would have more variety since he could include both characters like Bowser Jr. on the Wii-U version and Toad on the 3DS.

Overall it would somehow break that limit and get more representation from characters that would otherwise be fighting for a franchise slot.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well think of it this way, if rosters were to be non-universal it would enable Sakurai to have and include a broader selection of characters meaning more overall characters would be in Smash.

For example, Bowser Jr. and Toad, if we were to get Universal rosters it would limit the amount since he may not be intending to have that many choices, but If non-universal rosters were to happen than Sakurai would have more variety since he could include both characters like Bowser Jr. on the Wii-U version and Toad on the 3DS.

Overall it would somehow break that limit and get more representation from characters that would otherwise be fighting for a franchise slot.

No handheld version limited Brawls roster

Game space didn't limit it as well

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's only so much you could do with punches and kicks.
Yes, but there is the insane amount of creativity behind that. I mean, look at Tekken for goodness sake. That game uses a system where every limb has a button and Tekken Tag 2 is looking to have 42+ characters. And in that game, every character has something different about them.

And in terms of 2D fighters, there's also Guilty Gear which might actually be an example closer to home as its designs can be just as weird as some of Smash's. That being said, Guilty Gear has some mechanics that every character is bound by, but each playstyle is viable. You can't quite say the same about Brawl.

And on Falco, give him a Flash Kick as a recovery, but make it both legs. It also serves as a shoutout to the somersault. If we wanted to give Fox something new, there's giving him a move that lets him go around an opponent and counter attack.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
If non-universal rosters were to happen than Sakurai would have more variety since he could include both characters like Bowser Jr. on the Wii-U version and Toad on the 3DS.
You know, I'm an avid Junior fan and I wouldn't mind if he sat out this time around.

Its not something of a critical factor towards exclusivity.

As long as he has some part in the story mode, I'd be happy for just that cameo.

You can't quite say the same about Brawl.
So Don't.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Which is all fine and dandy, but don't act like there is any sort of "limitations" involved. You just want a split roster.

That game uses a system where every limb has a button and Tekken Tag 2 is looking to have 42+ characters. And in that game, every character has something different about them.
Even with a high count roster, this is Smash brothers. It's built on adding completely different characters from different universes. Within each universe, you can make each character unique. If Tekken can do it, or get close to making everyone unique, there is absolutely no reason why a crossover game can't.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

What limit? :awesome:

There's nothing saying he can't have six Mario characters or whatever. If he feels a character has much to bring to the roster then BY GUM he's going to add them.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Now that you mentioned stages, I can ask:
Am I the only one who misses a Bowser Castle stage?
I think it's one of the most iconic places in the Mario franchise.

I want a stage of it, and I mean a stage with Bowser's face everywhere, lava, moving platforms, giant hammers and spikes, thwomps, saws and everything[Yes, the pro-tier players would hate it].

A Bowser stage would be cool. It may be asking too much, but each villain/anti hero/antagonist could have their own stage :D
If not an official stage, then maybe they could in the new Adv mode.

Tell that to the Starfox fans that unlocked Wolf for the first time. :glare:

Teirs are subjective as well. If you have a clone that is based off a character that is legitimately high teir and give him a few tweaks and options, odds are they are likely to follow suit.

If anything, luigi-fied clones should be looking at those specifics that enhance the meta game. No one's saying that the core essence of their roots need to dramatically change. That's where people are basing this unique factor off of.

Is there any reason why Falco can't have a recovery special that is different than Fox's?
I brought up tiers to show that they're still different in play (semi-clones especially).
Now Wolf is a good example showing that when you change the appearance of attacks, then he's more "unique".

Fire Fox and Fire Bird were both based off of Arwing techniques right?

OmegaXXII

You know, I'm an avid Junior fan and I wouldn't mind if he sat out this time around.

Its not something of a critical factor towards exclusivity.

As long as he has some part in the story mode, I'd be happy for just that cameo.
Haha, well this technique should only apply to franchises that have multiple reps who are fighting to a slot, if it's a franchise like Starfox or Metroid where we are most likely to get 1 rep then I feel they should be represented in both versions, the idea is only for franchises that have multiple rep fighting for a slot like Zoroark and Victini for example.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
502 Bad Gateway: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

Look at this list.

• Toad
  • Bowser Jr
  • Dixie
  • Medusa
  • Ghirahim
  • Tingle
  • Victini
  • Deoxys
  • Zoroark
  • Krystal
  • Black Knight
  • (Insert FE Protagonist*)
  • Masked Man
  • Black Shadow
  • Samurai Goroh

There are legitimate reasons as to why these characters are desired and viable.

Do you want each one of these characters? Yes?

Then Pay for them.

T.Y- Let me get back at you in a sec.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
^ Nice list but Deoxys why? Unless we get R/S 3DS why should he get in?

OmegaXXII

What limit? :awesome:

There's nothing saying he can't have six Mario characters or whatever. If he feels a character has much to bring to the roster then BY GUM he's going to add them.
What? You didn't get it.

The part about "the limit" that I'm referring to is that Sakurai may not be intending to overrepresent a franchise in a single game, like Victini and Zoroark for example; who are literally fighting for a slot, with a said roster Sakurai could let them both be in Smash rather than choosing on over the other, it please fans as well, the limitation part has nothing to do with hardware limitations.

majora_787

Smash Hero
502 Bad Gateway: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!

Look at this list.

• Toad
  • Bowser Jr
  • Dixie
  • Medusa
  • Ghirahim
  • Tingle
  • Victini
  • Deoxys
  • Zoroark
  • Krystal
  • Black Knight
  • (Insert FE Protagonist*)
  • Masked Man
  • Black Shadow
  • Samurai Goroh

There are legitimate reasons as to why these characters are desired and viable.

Do you want each one of these characters? Yes?

Then Pay for them.

T.Y- Let me get back at you in a sec.
I would ask why Ridley isn't desired or viable in your eyes, but I know I won't get a productive answer. So.

In all seriousness, I don't think it would be the characters everyone wants that would be DLC. They would put THOSE characters in FIRST, and then other characters that have popularity would be DLC.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Swap Deoxys for N. Fair enough?

Wow Majora. Way to go to have me ignore you outright.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yes, but there is the insane amount of creativity behind that. I mean, look at Tekken for goodness sake. That game uses a system where every limb has a button and Tekken Tag 2 is looking to have 42+ characters. And in that game, every character has something different about them.

And in terms of 2D fighters, there's also Guilty Gear which might actually be an example closer to home as its designs can be just as weird as some of Smash's. That being said, Guilty Gear has some mechanics that every character is bound by, but each playstyle is viable. You can't quite say the same about Brawl.

And on Falco, give him a Flash Kick as a recovery, but make it both legs. It also serves as a shoutout to the somersault. If we wanted to give Fox something new, there's giving him a move that lets him go around an opponent and counter attack.
Hey 505'd too
First of all, THERES A TEKKEN TAG 2!! :awesome::awesome::awesome: I gotta look that up
Of course there is creativity, but that still shouldn't be the sole reason characters get cut. It plays a big factor, but I don't think it should be the MAIN one.
And if were talking other fighting games, SF4 has like 5 Ryu's haha

majora_787

Smash Hero
Swap Deoxys for N. Fair enough?

Wow Majora. Way to go to have me ignore you outright.
Is there a particular reason you feel the need to act that way? =\

But anyway. One more thing, I will never say this again because it just is obnoxious that people keep saying this. Similar specials does not make a clone. Leave Wolf the **** alone. Sheesh, people.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
^ Nice list but Deoxys why? Unless we get R/S 3DS why should he get in?

Deoxys is a unique individual in that it can change its form to adapt to its surroundings. For an idea of what I'm saying...

The normal form would be the balanced form; the attack form is the heavy hitter, but has a very poor shield; the defense form utilizes a strong shield, and has its weight enhanced, but it is lacking in power; the speed form is super fast, and has top notch recovery, but its weight is heavily reduced.

Edit: An example of Deoxys's stat distribution...

--------------
Normal Deoxys

Offensive Strength: 6/10
Defensive Strength: 6/10
Ground Speed: 6/10
Running Speed: 6/10
Jump Height: 6/10
Mid-air Jump Height: 6/10
Air Speed: 6/10
Falling Speed: 6/10
Recovery: 6/10
Weight: 6/10
--------------
Attack Deoxys

Offensive Strength: 10/10
Defensive Strength: 2/10
Ground Speed: 6/10
Running Speed: 6/10
Weight: 6/10
--------------
Defense Deoxys

Offensive Strength: 4/10
Defensive Strength: 10/10
Ground Speed: 4/10
Running Speed: 4/10
Weight: 8/10
--------------
Speed Deoxys

Offensive Strength: 6/10
Defensive Strength: 6/10
Ground Speed: 8/10
Running Speed: 10/10
Falling Speed: 2/10
Recovery: 8/10
Weight: 2/10
--------------

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
The normal form would be the balanced form; the attack form is the heavy hitter, but has a very poor shield; the defense form utilizes a strong shield, but is lacking in power; the speed form is super fast, and has top notch recovery, but its weight is heavily reduced.
I really like this.

I think above anything, I don't think pokemon has the best repoire only looking towards golden oldies and flavor of the month. There are several pokemon that could be considered for their unique abilities but won't because of surface appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom