• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Why so? it's still likely to happen regardless if you are interested or not, I can see either Medusa, Magnus or Palutena happening.
It's because we haven't seen enough from Medusa, Palutena, or Magnus to determine whenever or not they would be great choices. Since a Kid Icarus rep is likely, I won't throw a fit if it gets a second character and I may even enjoy playing as him or her, but I'd like to wait and see before deciding whenever or not to want them again like I did back a few months ago.
OmegaXVII said:
Why not? If anything it's just as likely as Mario to receive a 5th rep, i don't see why you would think that.
Because Zelda really has only two somewhat realistic choices left for what I consider to be good reps; Tingle and Ghirahim. I'd love to see Majora's Mask Link, but even if Operation Moonfall is successful, that's unlikely at best, and all of the other choices doesn't really excite me. Plus Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon and Toon Link is a clone as well. I'd prefer them to be decloned first before a fifth rep happens. One can wait until SSB5.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Holy crap, nostalgia really is a b*tch... listening to the Fourside music right now, I so want this stage back for Smash 4... :urg:

I agree with you there, the Fourside theme is the best theme from Melee asidem from Menu Music 2, I would love to see Fourside again as well as Saffron City and maybe Princess Peach's Sky Castle as well, ALL IN HD GLORY!! :cool:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I hope Ghirahim gets in he seems like an interesting character I'll make a set for him when I get Skyward Sword.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why not? If anything it's just as likely as Mario to receive a 5th rep, i don't see why you would think that.
Link - Main character
Zelda - Damsel in distress/Main female character
Sheik - Dunno why, but she's in. It's cool so whatever
Ganondorf - Main antagonist
Toon/Young Link - Basically different incarnations of the Main character.

Vaati - A bad guy twice. . . on two Loz titles not many people have played/less played than TP/OoT/MM ect.
Tingle - Only viable choice IMO, but definitely not "needed". Has a major role in his own games, not the LoZ universe
Zant - Ganondorf Puppet
Midna with or without wolf Link - A one timer who's probably not going to show up as a main character ever again
Majora/Skull kid - Shows up as skull kid often, but never as major as a role as Majora had. Now, if MM3DS comes out, his chances may go up. But still, not a main character.
Ghirahim - As far as I can see (Which isn't too far mind you) he's going to be a Midna, Zant, Majora. Nothing special
Toon Zelda/Tetra - Meh, less important than Toon Link, more important than Tingle, but the lamest character ever.

Just like Toad, and Jr. none of these characters are needed. While they are cool, we have a few smaller franchises that should take priority IMO.

I may even enjoy playing as him or her,
IF it happens, it will be a her. I'm betting on that. Not adding Pal/Med before Magnus would be like adding Bowser Jr. Before Bowser.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Wow, its really gone buck wild the moment I stopped posting.

T.Y

Sure, I gotcha. I was curious as to whether or not Mewtwo made a Cameo in HG/SS; I haven't had a chance to try my hand at the remake.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
You are talking about the Pokemon trainer? My opinion is clear:

Red no change!

He is the best! and the team is perfect!

However, I have nothing against a new trainer, and I'm all for a second team to Red!

About the trainer second, I prefer a mix of three generations:

4 th Generation: Piplup
2nd Generation: Bayleef
3rd Generation: Bazkien

Alternatively, an antagonist:

To denounce the evils of truth and love, Jessie and James, Team Rocket blasting off at the speed of light!

Arbok
Victreebel
Lickitung

With Meowth (well, in the anime he joined Ash, but .. oh, he's in the games with the team rocket!)

Oh, and I'm all for a second team the red;

Maybe:

Gangar / Starmie / Tauros or Snorlax / Absol ... - Another type who is not present
Poliwhrath or Hitmon - Fighting type
Lapras or Mamoswine - Ice Type

Well this is my opinion!

Good Evening!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Meowth joining Ash in the anime was just a trick you know he told Jessie and James "To leave it to me"

Anyway I wouldn't mind TR being playable

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
What is up with this 505?
Anyway @Lim8
I havent played it either but I just knew that you could catch it in the remake. If I got a DS it'd be the first game Id get

I like augusto's PT choices. It'd be perfect for me if PT had Totodile, Grovyle and Charizard :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Really? Now I'm happy!
The only rocket members that have a chance at playability is a Grunt, or Giovanni. Jesse and James will never be in SSB because they originated from the anime. Just like Ash will never be playable.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Anyway @Lim8
I havent played it either but I just knew that you could catch it in the remake. If I got a DS it'd be the first game Id get

I like augusto's PT choices. It'd be perfect for me if PT had Totodile, Grovyle and Charizard :awesome:
505 is also happening to me ...:awesome:

But because removing Ivysaur and Squirtle? They are perfect!:mad:

Ah, if for some reason the team change, it will change completely! but this will not happen, after all, Red is a trainer of first gen!

An alternative team would be more consistent!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The problem with generation III having grovyle and Blaziken is that they are both speedy types

Mudkip's second or third form needs to be in, not him

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Actually, that's what I really wanted all along wow.

4th and 5th, you guys are on your own. Good luck with the Lucario, Victini, Zoroark debates.

Mudkip's second or third form needs to be in, not him
The problem with that is in your statement. The only form people recognize is Mudkip.
_ _ _

****! It happened again. I make a post geared towards Omega, now everybody wants a piece.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
The only rocket members that have a chance at playability is a Grunt, or Giovanni. Jesse and James will never be in SSB because they originated from the anime. Just like Ash will never be playable.
Really? The team rocket is extremely valid, after all, they have their appearances in Pokemon yellow, one of the most important games of the series! And besides, they are the most popular option!

Oh, and your argument is invalid! after all, Rob was originally from a hardware and it is playable!

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
505 is also happening to me ...:awesome:

But because removing Ivysaur and Squirtle? They are perfect!:mad:

Ah, if for some reason the team change, it will change completely! but this will not happen, after all, Red is a trainer of first gen!

An alternative team would be more consistent!
NO! Totodile and Grovyle are perfect! :mad: lol
They are my favorites tho and they were my primary picks from the games I did finish :)

His name is Pokemon Trainer, not Red so I'm not opposed to having Blue and Green as costumes. I thought that it would happen but it didn't, so hopefully in the next installment...

Actually, that's what I really wanted all along wow.

4th and 5th, you guys are on your own. Good luck with the Lucario, Victini, Zoroark debates.

The problem with that is in your statement. The only form people recognize is Mudkip.
_ _ _

****! It happened again. I make a post geared towards Omega, now everybody wants a piece.
That's what everybody should want lol
I think at least the primary Pokemon should have pokeball appearances. Maybe not all different, but the water types use the same attack and so on.

@vicgur
So I herd you liek Mudkips

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
@y.toonlink: No! Ivysaur is perfect! And the family's first pokemon cataloged! The wonderful Bulbasaur should be in! :mad: lol. I really want see Green and Blue! :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Really? The team rocket is extremely valid, after all, they have their appearances in Pokemon yellow, one of the most important games of the series! And besides, they are the most popular option!

Oh, and your argument is invalid! after all, Rob was originally from a hardware and it is playable!
Not really, they 1st appeared in the anime, no anime characters.

Throw in the fact that they aren't really that popular anymore, few requests, and not really being video game characters other then 2 cameos that nod to the cartoon.

Team Rocket is still an option, just not Jessie and James.

As for R.O.B. he's appeared in various video games such as F-Zero, Kirby, Mario Kart, and Wario Ware. He may be an accessory to a gaming console, but he's still become his a video game character in his own right.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@MetalOverlord
But Gary is soooo awesome! He has b*tches following him around!
I think originally (in Japan at least) Gary was Green and Blue was the girl.

@SonicPoke
Ivysaur had his chance! Charizard gets another chance because he Charizard!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Not really, they 1st appeared in the anime, no anime characters.

Throw in the fact that they aren't really that popular anymore, few requests, and not really being video game characters other then 2 cameos that nod to the cartoon.

Team Rocket is still an option, just not Jessie and James.

As for R.O.B. he's appeared in various video games such as F-Zero, Kirby, Mario Kart, and Wario Ware. He may be an accessory to a gaming console, but he's still become his a video game character in his own right.
This is true! but what I meant about Rob is that he appeared first in hardware and after on games ... :awesome:And Team Rocket is the most likely option antagonistic pokemon!

@y.toonlink: So you refuse the genesis of pokemon? :mad:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
But Gary's not about the *****es and hoes, he's a master trainer....

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@MetalOverlord
But Gary is soooo awesome! He has b*tches following him around!
I think originally (in Japan at least) Gary was Green and Blue was the girl.

@SonicPoke
Ivysaur had his chance! Charizard gets another chance because he Charizard!
Yeah, he's an absolute badass and my favorite character in the anime, that's why I said he shouldn't be in as a mere alt, totally disrespects his character lol IMO.

Full character or trophy.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I think Blue and Green should just be costume swaps.

Also I just realized something. Ganondorf is the only playable Smash characters who isn't playable in another game. Zelda would be too if you don't count the two CD-i games.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion

You think this fella's worrying about females with HIS swag?

We out.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Here is an interesting question. Brawl added nine new series to the game (by series that is anything having its own icon). Three of which were solely represented by a stage.

If you could pick six additional series with a corresponding character, and three represented solely by a stage. Which series would everyone select? Third party is allowed.
Good question. Here are my choices:

Character Franchises
  • Golden Sun
  • Sin & Punishment
  • The Legendary Starfy
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Custom Robo

Stage Franchises:
  • Punch-Out! (only because I couldn't have more than six character franchises)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Tetris

I'm pretty neutral on third-party characters - both their exclusion or inclusion -, so the lack of third-party representation in these choices is intended.

Agreed. The fact of the matter is that Sakurai actually shafted smaller series which he admits in the Olimar page on the Dojo(even though he blames it on developers).
I checked Olimar's profile, but I see no comment on the lack of smaller franchise representation on there. =/

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It’s an incredible number of characters and a group of really well-known series. And to think that they all had their beginnings in Japan...wow!

When they’re all lined up like this, it becomes obvious that there is roughly 6-year blank before and after Pikmin. While there have been big series since then like "Animal Crossing," "Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day," and "Wii Sports" it does seem that coming up with a completely new character-driven series has gotten more difficult recently.
I bolded the key words in that sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom