• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Last I checked, the Fire Fox and Fire Bird moves are based on Goku's Kaioken technique.
lol Well like the Reflector is based off Barrel Roll, Illusion is Boost and Fire Fox may be it crashing or w/e. I don't play enough Star Fox to know.

@Majora
People say that Lucas isn't unique, but he's in the same situation as Wolf

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Why not just add Masked Man? He'd play the anti-hero (correct me if I'm wrong) for Earthbound/Mother and Porky as the villain as a boss/possible character.

@Mario&Sonic
I really like those form change stats.
btw when making stats, is it just a rating? Like 10 weight is Bowser and 1 is Jiggs?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Mario&Sonic
I really like those form change stats.
btw when making stats, is it just a rating? Like 10 weight is Bowser and 1 is Jiggs?
Yeah it's merely a rating system. I set up the example so that all of Deoxys's forms had the same stat total (60), while distributing the stats differently for each form.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Yo Omega, how would you feel if these fellas made in with a trainer?

Chikorita
Prinlup
Blaziken

If Mewtwo didn't get in, he could also represent an antagonist for the Pokemon world in Smash.
I would say Giovanni would fit that description better. Not that I expect him to be a trainer, moreso part of the plot pulling strings. Understand that Mewtwo's behavior is mostly out of spite, being a direct result of having been mistreated. He is not intrinsically villainous.

Y.T

I think in summary, it would be nice to see Wolf, T.Link, and Lucas follow Ike's lead. Sure they can share one move, but I mean what is this?

[COLLAPSE="Why do they feel the need to cover their tracks?"]
Let’s take PK Thunder, a move which both Lucas and Ness can perform. Sure, the move may look similar, but there are quite a few differences between these two versions of the move.

Lucas’s PK Thunder passes through enemies. Ness’s does not.

Lucas’s PK Thunder is easier to control and can turn in a tighter circle. Ness’s, by contrast, needs more space to turn around but moves at a greater speed.

When propelled into an opponent by his own PK Thunder, Lucas scores multiple small hits. Ness smashes the opponent with a single hit that sends the opponent flying!

Of course, the moves that look different also work differently as well

Ness’s side smash is a bat that requires a lot of start up time to get swinging but really hits hard.

Only Ness uses a yo-yo for his up and down smashes.

His PK Fire bursts into a column of flame that can score multiple hits!

Ness’s PK Starstorm causes blue stars to rain down and out in a wide fan-shaped pattern.
[/COLLAPSE]

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I would say Giovanni would fit that description better. Not that I expect him to be a trainer, moreso part of the plot pulling strings. Understand that Mewtwo's behavior is mostly out of spite, being a direct result of having been mistreated. He is not intrinsically villainous.
True, and I've seen the movie about 20 times, so I know what you mean, but regardless of whether he is inherently evil or not, he is still antagonistic. Antagonism doesn't always specifically mean villainy; antiheroism, like King Dedede and Wario in some respects, could fit under this category, as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally someone mentions that Mewtwo isn't evil, but we can all agree he is bad ***. :cool:

Anyway, I don't think this has been brought up, but Mewtwo was in HeartGold/SoulSilver, so would this help increase his chances?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well hey, you and me are in the club. *rubs elbows.

MetalOv, I'd say because you have that experience with the Anime adaptation, you have the perception that you do.

I joke with Tri-Hy over here because we have viewed different depictions of Mewtwo from other credible sources (more or less).

Antiheroism, like King Dedede and Wario in some respects, could fit under this category, as well.
Go ahead, lay it down there big fella ;)
_ _ _

Check this neat signature pic that I found.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Finally someone mentions that Mewtwo isn't evil, but we can all agree he is bad ***. :cool:

Anyway, I don't think this has been brought up, but Mewtwo was in HeartGold/SoulSilver, so would this help increase his chances?
Although I strongly believe that Mewtwo is coming back for SSB4, I'm not sure that would affect his chances either way it goes.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@nLim8d
But they still play differently is what I'm trying to get at. At least semi clones aren't "true clones". It may make them a bit less "unique", but they still differentiate in use.

@---
I've said that Mewtwo isn't evil before when I brought up which antagonists could show up :)
But considering that the Cerulean Cave was blocked off (why wouldn't Rock Smash work :troll:) in the original Gold/Silver, I think it brings up his chances a bit.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
You've inspired a fun train of thought for me MetalOv

Anarchists
Ganon, Wario, Mewtwo
Monarchs
DDD, Bowser, Medusa
Mercenaries
Ridley, Black Knight, Wolf
Patriarchs
Giovanni, KRool

T.Y

I doubt there was ever a 'True Clone' for true meaning of the term, in smash history.

Not that I don't see your points, I'm just putting a different spin on them based on how I view them.

But considering that the Cerulean Cave was blocked off (why wouldn't Rock Smash work :troll:) in the original Gold/Silver, I think it brings up his chances a bit.
Wuz all iss en? Do explain the details.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
**** 502 Bad Gateway strikes yet again. :facepalm:

Although I strongly believe that Mewtwo is coming back for SSB4, I'm not sure that would affect his chances either way it goes.
Yeah, good point, but it's better then nothing I guess.

@N

The Spoon Sword strikes yet again!

Awesome find. Makes me want to begin working my own sig. :cool:

Of course, I have work to do before hand. Tri-Hy out!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You've inspired a fun train of thought for me MetalOv

Anarchists
DDD, Wario, Mewtwo
Monarchs
Gannon, Bowser, Medusa
Mercenaries
Ridley, Black Knight, Wolf
Patriarchs
Giovanni, KRool
You sir have been Gannon-banned. Anyway, wouldn't K. Rool be classified as a monarch?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
You sir have been Gannon-banned.
Did I do it again?

Reason I put KRool where I did is to influence the Kremling appeal to things.

I also switched up Ganondorf's position, since he's always ****in with the natural order of things.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yo Omega, how would you feel if these fellas made in with a trainer?

Chikorita
Prinlup
Blaziken

]
Haha, I see what you did there, hmm.. so you're suggesting Pokemon from different generation huh? well at least it would stop all the bickering that "this ans this generation such" isn't getting represented, I guess it would work.

About Giovanni though, I would expect him to have 'villainous' Pokemon like Persian, Nidoking, and Mewtwo??? But to be honest only if Mewtwo doesn't get considered at all, otherwise I want to see him like he was in Melee, back to his glory!! :cool:

My starter choices would be:
Totodile
Blazakin
4th gen Grass starter Pokemon (2nd evolution)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
[COLLAPSE="Unova"]

Unova Trainer

Unova Trainer joins the fray! The female Unova Trainer joins the fray, with Snivy, Dewott and Emboar at hand!

Snivy: The most flexible and fastest of the three starters has great juggling abilities and she is able to chain grab heavy characters her attacks aren't as strong as her comrades.Around Squirtle's size
Snivy Moveset
A- Slap with tail
AAA- Two tail slaps followed with a full body tackle

Dash Attack - Full body tackle
U Tilt- Corkscrew(like peach's up smash with less damage and knockback)
D Tilt - Tail sweep on the ground
F Tilt - Sideways Kick

Aerial's
N-Air - Spins vines around body.
B-Air - Slams her back into the opponent.
D- Air - Slams her tail down on the opponent fast Meteor Smash.
U - Air - Does a somersault slap with her tail.
Up Smash - Strong swipe with vines extending them out, hurts anyone with minimal contact.
Foward Smash - Three small roots appear in front of Snivy damaging the opponent.
Down Smash - Slams tail on the ground creating a small shockwave.

Special Moves
Standard Special Move- Leaf Tornado, Snivy spins around on the ground forming a tornado of leaves around her does not draw in opponent but has larger knockback.
Side Special Move - Glare, Snivy's eyes glow red and she shoots a small red beam from her eyes if it contacts the opponent it paralyzes them leaving them vulnerable for attacks.
Down Special Move - Pokemon Change, Similar to Red's Pokemon change Snivy is simply switched to another Pokemon. Unova Trainer switches Pokemon faster so they aren't as vulnerable when they appear out of the Pokeball.
Up Special Move - Aerial Ace, Snivy becomes outlined in white and rockets up to the sky it damages opponents upon contact. You are able to choose the direction of the attack like Lucario's Extremespeed.

Grabs
Pummel - Headbutts the opponent whilst strangling them with vines.
Down Throw - Slams the opponent on the ground with vines, great for chain grabbing heavy characters.
Up Throw - Flings the opponent up with vines and fires an Energy Ball strongest grab.
Back Throw - Flings the opponent behind her and slams them with her tail or Leaf Blade.
Foward Throw - Flings the opponent in front of her and kicks them with both her feet.

Taunts
Up: Snivy does a few flips before landing gracefully.
Side: Snivy closes her eyes and turns her back towards the opponent while calling out her name.
Down: Snivy spins around on her back while on the ground.

Dewott: The most balanced of the three starters not as fast as Snivy but has more power not as much as Emboar however is around Mario or Fox size.
Moveset
A- Punch
AAA - two punches followed up with a swipe of both scalchop.
Dash Attack - Similar in appearance to Fox's dash attack. Leaps off of the ground, leg extended horizontally, traveling forward a bit. Can easily be followed with tilts at low to mid percents, and can lock if buffered properly
U-Tilt - Swipes above head with scalchop.
D-Tilt - Sweeps the opponents ankles with both feet.
F- Tilt - Swipes in front of himself with scalchop.

Aerials
N-Air - Spins around in the air with scalchop slicing at his opponent.
B- Air - Preforms a roundhouse kick behind him.
U- Air - Does a backflip kicking his opponent above him with both feet.
D - Air - Punches opponent down to the ground slow meteor smash like Mario's.

Smash Attack
Up Smash - Fires a geyser of water above himself.
Side Smash - Slashes both sides of him with his scalchop.
Down Smash - Punches the ground sending a small wave of water at his opponent.

Special Moves
Standard Special Move - Water Pulse, Dewott charges a blue orb of water in front of himself if charged up long enough it will confuse the opponent upon contact. Dewott can fire smaller orbs at a very fast pace they will not cause the opponent to flinch however.

Side Special Move - Razor Shell, Dewott's scalchop glow blue and he furiously slashes at the opponent with them it is very similar to Marth's Dancing Blade. If the opponent is far away from Dewott however he can throw his scalchop at them it can be reflected or thrown back at him.

Up Special Move -Aqua Jet, Dewott cloaks itself in water and launches himself into the air Dewott can't aim whenever he uses this move like Lucario or Snivy but it launches him very far up and it has very high knockback.

Down Special Move - Pokemon Change, see Snivy.

Grabs
Pummel - Slaps opponent with Scalchop
Foward Throw - Throws opponent in front of him and swipes them with scalchop.
Down Throw - Slams opponent on the opponent on the ground and sprays them with water.
Up Throw - Tosses the opponent up and slashes them with both his scalchop.
Back Throw - Throws opponent behind him and kicks them.

Taunts
Up - Points his Scalchop up into the air and clashes them together while calling out "Dew Dewott!"
Side - Points one of his Scalchop at his opponent an places it back on his hip.
Down - Crouches and growls at his opponent.

Emboar - The strongest and heaviest out of the three starter Pokemon he isn't very fast however what he doesn't make up in speed he makes it up with brute strength.

A- Thrust with palm.
AAA -Two thrust with his palm followed up by a powerful backhand.

Dash Attack - Charges at the opponent and slams into them with his shoulder.
F-Tilt - Standard Punch.
D- Tilt - Slams his firey fist on the ground.
U-Tilt - Headbutts above himself with his arms raised.

N-Air - Slams into the opponent.
D-Air - Stomps down on the opponent very powerful meteor smash extremely slow.
B-Air - Spins around slamming his fist into the opponent.
U- Air - Hits the opponent with Smog sending them upward.

Smash Attack
Foward Smash - Hits the opponent with a firey right hook.
Down Smash - Stomps down on the ground causing small flames to erupt out of the ground.
Up Smash - Uppercuts the opponent with his fist covered in flames.

Special Moves
Standard Special Move - Incinerate, Emboar fires fireballs at the opponent at a similar pace of Wolf's blaster if the opponent is holding an item Incinerate will burn it rendering it useless.
Side Special Move - Flame Charge, Emboar charges across the field covered in flames if used up to three times the attack becomes faster it can be used as a recovery move.
Up Special Move - Heavy Slam, Emboar launches himself up and slams down with all his weight the smaller the opponent is the more damage it does.Very high knockback(Olimar I'm looking at you.)
Down Special Move - Pokemon Change see Snivy/Dewott

Grabs
Pummel - Shoots small flames at the opponent.
Foward Throw - Grabs the opponent and throws them in front of him.
Down Throw - Slams the opponent down and elbow drops them.
Up Throw - Launches the opponent above himself with both hands and hits them with a fire ball.
Back Throw - Emboar throws the opponent behind himself.

Taunts
Up - Raises its arms and growls with the flames around his neck burning violently.
Side - Clenches his arms while saying "Emb Emboar!"
Down - Trips clumsily while stomping the ground"

Final Smash
Legendary Pokemon
Unova Trainer recalls whatever Pokemon she has at the moment while saying "That's enough take this!" And sends out Reshiram/Zekrom depending on the 3DS or WiiU version. Reshiram will fly to the background and blast the opponent with Blue Flare similar to Lugia's Aeroblast however you can control it and Zekrom will fly up and unleash Bolt Strike.[/COLLAPSE]

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I think ChronoBound said that if there was only one or two newcomers shown at E3 2012 that they would be guests. True that it is a great hype starter, especially if they turn out to be Mega Man and Slime, but a vocal minority (or a western majority in Slime's case) will always boo and hiss at the idea of third-party characters (aka purists who think a few third-party characters will destroy the series) and if that is all that they saw, it would leave a bad taste in their mouth. If we get a trailer next E3, I'd bet on us getting at least one popular newcomer from Nintendo.
Starphoenix said:
Now you are being too pessimistic. We are not going to have anything below 42 slots at the least. In every title they have manage to add a "row" of characters; I expect no less from Super Smash Bros 4. Things may be bad right now, but not reason to be bleak.
You're right in that it probably won't happen, but like you said, it's more or less me trying to avoid disappointment with the size. It is also why my prediction is much higher then my expectation, for it has a better chance of happening.
Starphoenix said:
You must remember, if the roster is universal there is the limitation of the 3DS systems's cartridge. Meaning the Wii U roster could be handicapped.
That depends on what you mean by handicapped. If you're expecting 55+ slots, then it does. But lower then that, it is up to Sakurai to decide if he considers it a limitation or not. If he doesn't, then I can easily see 45-49 slots.
Starphoenix said:
If you could pick six additional series with a corresponding character, and three represented solely by a stage. Which series would everyone select?
Good question:

Mega Man (Mega Man)
Custom Robo (Ray)
Sin & Punishment (Saki Amamiya)
The Legendary Starfy (Starfy)
Golden Sun (Isaac)
Panel De Pon (Lip) or Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Stage only:
Punch-Out!!
Nazo No Murasame Jo
Rhythm Heaven
KumaOso said:
Yes, but there is the insane amount of creativity behind that. I mean, look at Tekken for goodness sake. That game uses a system where every limb has a button and Tekken Tag 2 is looking to have 42+ characters. And in that game, every character has something different about them.
Great point there. SSB4 should introduce no clones if possible. Lucas being a semi-clone of Ness despite having unique move set potentials (along with Ganondorf and Toon Link remaining clnoes) is unacceptable. Hopefully, they'll declone the ones we have and I'd prefer no Zelda newcomer and Ganondorf and Toon Link being unique then a Zelda newcomer and both being clones again.
nLiM8d said:
Toad ~ Solid choice for a Mario newcomer.
Bowser Jr ~ Depends if he's unique or not.
Dixie ~ Only if Dixie is unique, but King K. Rool is much more deserving.
Medusa ~ Kid Icarus is in no need of a rep. Not interested in one (I've lost interest)
Ghirahim ~ Would be cool, but not particularly deserving.
Tingle ~ Zelda does not need a fifth rep, but if it does get one, Tingle isn't a bad choice.
Victini ~ Most wanted Nintendo newcomer. Not super-deserving like Ridley, but it is the best choice for a 5th gen rep.
Deoxys ~ Its a shame it'll likely never get a playable spot, but he's one of the most deserving Pokemons not playable yet.
Zoroark ~ I'm fine with him if Pokemon gets five slots. Otherwise, no.
Krystal ~ Decent choice if unique, but Star Fox doesn't need four reps.
Black Knight ~ Not that bad of a choice, but there are more deserving franchises.
(Insert FE Protagonist*) ~ Not rating until later.
Masked Man ~ Earthbound shouldn't get a third rep, so no.
Black Shadow ~ I'll accept him if he gets Ganondorf's move set or gets his own, but otherwise no.
Samurai Goroh ~ An okay choice, but not a deserving character.

There are legitimate reasons as to why these characters are desired and viable.

Do you want each one of these characters? Yes?
See above for response in red.

OmegaXXII

Medusa ~ Kid Icarus is in no need of a rep. Not interested in one (I've lost interest)
Why so? it's still likely to happen regardless if you are interested or not, I can see either Medusa, Magnus or Palutena happening.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
All the reasons that you listed in your reply FanMan are the exact reasons Omega and I would like to see special partitions of certain characters.

There's no reason to include this many extras upfront if it means spots are taken from newer franchises.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

OmegaXXII

Zelda does not need a fifth rep, but if it does get one, Tingle isn't a bad choice.
Why not? If anything it's just as likely as Mario to receive a 5th rep, i don't see why you would think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom