• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh sweet, I shall check this out, I just hope I can hold out on it, it's gonna be to tempting since The Wii version will be out before it, wait it will have connectivity with the Wii-U version as well?

:phone:
Yes. Iwata said there is a way for players to get the Wii version and continue on with the Wii U version onced released. Not sure what that means exactly. Perhaps the both games will share save files?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did they say anything about your NPC partners being controlled by the player or CPU controlled?

Edit: Like I said, just looking at the pretty pictures...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yes. Iwata said there is a way for players to get the Wii version and continue on with the Wii U version onced released. Not sure what that means exactly. Perhaps the both games will share save files?
Well, it seems convinient but i don't think I'm willing to buy the same game twice lol..but at the same time I want the superior looking one.

Edit: I saw the trailer, dang son were those graphics from the Wii or PC? They look amazing, now I really can't wait too see the Wii-U version of it.

The hero doesn't look so bad, I wonder if Square would consider him as well? But Slime would still be better IMO.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did Star make a Slime moveset? Slimes don't really do much in game except basic attacks, and occasionally fuse together to create bigger slimes.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Did Star make a Slime moveset? Slimes don't really do much in game except basic attacks, and occasionally fuse together to create bigger slimes.
[COLLAPSE="Slime"]Slime:

Slime is a character that may not pop into many minds when considering third party characters. If he does he come up into discussion it is usually to be compared to a generic enemy such as Goomba or to attack him for having no arms. The former being untrue and the latter being a non-issue.

Weight - 2
Size - 2
Speed - 6
Air Speed - 3
Fall Speed - 5

(Standard)
A - A simple lunge forward
AA - A second lunge
AAA - Slime does a small flip, small knockback
Running A - While running, begins to roll (somewhat like Jigglypuff's rollout)
Up A - Jumps as if pointy part of slime is a weapon and pokes target
Down A - Sweeps ground with pointy part
Side A - Puffs up and lunges forward to bash the opponent.

(Smash)
Side A - Elasto Blast: stretches in the direction pointed, can be adjusted during the charge; once the button is let go, Slime shoots in the direction.
Up A - Slime Medley: Two slimes come to help and form a slime stack, all slimes do damage in stack. Piston like effect slamming upwards.
Down A - Bubble: Becomes a puddle and sweeps the ground. Radial effect. http://youtu.be/xGlE_-FiVdA?t=1m56s

(Aerials)
Neutral - Spins around in place in the air, has multi hit properties.
Forward Air - Coils his body and flicks himself forward slighty.
Down Air - Turns metallic like a Metal Slime and suddenly drops down with increased momentum, he is able to move horizontally only slightly.
Back Air - Whips his body around to smack the opponent.
Up Air - Causes an explosion above him using a Rockbomb Shard.

(Grabs)
Grab - Wraps himself around the enemy.
A - Constricts them.
Forward Throw - Unravels the character like a top, spinning them forward.
Down Throw - Throws the character into the ground and crushes him/her under his body.
Back Throw - Wraps around their waist and slings them behind into the air.
Up Throw - Gets under them and stretches his body similar to Elasto Blast, instead he slingshots them above.

(Specials)
Neutral B - Frizz: He'll start charging the attack sort of like Fox's Up B. During this phase you can then use the control stick to aim the attack, sending an explosive fireball attack in any direction. Unlike Zelda you cannot change direction while using the attack. Sets players on fire for a few seconds and can also set areas of the stage on fire for a few seconds, dealing damage to anyone who wanders into the flames.

UpB - Chimaera Wing: Based upn the famous item in the Dragon Quest series. Slime will teleport skyward in a streak of yellow light. Straight up vertically. He won'y be able to move horizontally until after he appears again. The move is like Zelda's teleport except faster and Slime never disappears, just streaks up into the air. After the move he will be unable to attack. The offensive side of this special is anyone caught under the path of Slime will receive damage and knockback.

Side B - Slime Knight*: A knight doll appears on Slime's back and slashes like crazy, sort of like Metaknight. You can hold down B and he'll continue to slash but you can't move while he's slashing. It is a multi hitting attack, much like Metaknight again, and can cause a player some damage if not careful. Slime can also drop the kinght doll on the ground and on its own it will begin attacking while Slime is free to move. The catch is the doll will dissipate 4 seconds after being on its own.

DownB- Back Up!: Summons a random member of the Slime family (She-Slime, Heal Slime, Bubble Slime, King Slime, etc...) for different effects:

She Slime: Lunges itself at opponent, weak damage
Bubble Slime: Will run away on the battle field, in the process running under characters and causing them to trip.
Slime Knight: A Slime Knight will hop onto the stage and deliver one large slash in front of him, 7%
King Slime: He will puff up to a very large size and crush any character in his path, 10%
Slime Stack: Several slimes will appear and hop on top of one another and will fall forward attacking all within their line, 4% per slime.
Heal Slime: Rare, when one appears he will heal Slime about 10%.

(Final Smash)

Final Smash - Schleimann Tank: The camera will zoom to the left of the stage in the background. Suddenly the gigantic Schleimann Tank will roll onto the stage. Once it ceases moving other slimes will be calling for Slime. When a cannon will suddenly appear on stage, leading Slime to hop and dance around before jumping into the cannon. He will then be fired into the Schleimann Tank. Once inside the cannons will begin being loaded and they will fire projectiles onto the stage. Rocks, boxes, Rock Bombs, explosive eggs, and missles will be fired onto the stage at a time. Once the Final Smash is over the final cannon will be loaded with Slime and he will be fired at the stage, causing a large, final splat/impact. He will flatten onto the ground, but spring back up and continue from where he left off.

Idle - Slowly moves up and down in place, ocassionally wiggling.

Running - He hops forward as in Rocket Slime and throughout Dragon Quest.

Shielding - Puffs his body out.

Colors:
Standard - Blue hue
Color one - Red hue
Color two - Green hue
Color three - Grey hue, Metal Slime
Color four - White and Orange w/ splotches, Spotted Slime
Color five - Black hue, Dark Slime

Kirby Hat - Slime Hat: Kirby will have the top part/head and eyes of a slime, he will be able to use Frizz. He'll pull his hand to his body and start charging a fireball and release.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gBUHlwb5BJA/Tk3pQC8UcMI/AAAAAAAAACM/88wIEPqopvo/s1600/kh3.png

Taunt 1 - Begins scooting on the ground in a circle, then shivers.
Taunt 2 - Jumps in the air and gives one of his armless waves.
Taunt 3 - Hops around in the air, making a "wheeeeeee" noise.

Intro: Slime comes flying out of the air after a cannon noise is heard. Taken from Rocket Slime.

Home stage - Zenithia (Dragon Quest IV-VI) http://www.smashboards.com/showpost....6&postcount=18

Character Icon - Slanted sword
http://cdn1.gamepro.com/blogfaction/...est(2).jpg

Fanfare - http://youtu.be/zfudEy8pHN8

Just videos that display some of Slime's appearances:
All Dragon Quest titles - http://youtu.be/tELZIuqEaT4
All Dragon Quest Monsters titles- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Y4e0cUE6Y
Itadaki Street DS - http://youtu.be/tDcTaCAWcZg
Mario Sports Mix - http://youtu.be/7XojkXZj81M
Mori Mori Slime (GBA Japan Only) - http://youtu.be/9q_4aDT9iUQ
Rocket Slime - http://youtu.be/fQt552j5jKk
Rocket Slime 3DS - http://youtu.be/ddo9jXXR35M
Fortune Street w/ Mario - http://youtu.be/Ya004WxppyY

*A Slime Knight is basically a knight resting on top of the Slime. In the Dragon Quest Heroes games, any living creature could utilize a Slime Knight, and if put on a certain kind of item, it would act on its own against anyone. if put on a certain kind of item, it would act on its own against anyone. [/COLLAPSE]

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Most likely sword based

(My hero was Lance based in Dragon Quest IX because he was a paladin. Slow, heavily armored and drew in enemy attacks. I prefer polearms with characters in games)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
At any rate, megaman better be up in this *****.

all this talk about 'X' has got me in the mood.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Damn, I'm so hungry. Your text color makes me want some Kool Aid Omega.

Does it look like updates would be happening externally on the Wii U? Actually, has any major storage capacity unit been discussed for console thus far?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This isn't going to be a popular idea, but what about the warriors of light as an alternative square fighter?

It can switch between warrior, mage, white mage, monk or something - using the style used in the mario/ Square sports game crossovers

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I like that Slime moveset Star :)

@Psycho
That sounds pretty interesting to switch. Would it be like PT?
Itd be kinda cool to see just the Warrior with some attacks based off of Dissidia

OmegaXXII

This isn't going to be a popular idea, but what about the warriors of light as an alternative square fighter?

It can switch between warrior, mage, white mage, monk or something - using the style used in the mario/ Square sports game crossovers
How would these "warriors of light" work? Do you mean like a character that switches between character alot? Like a tag team of sorts? Hmm.. it's sort off like switching/transformation I'm assuming, hmm, I dunno lol..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How would these "warriors of light" work? Do you mean like a character that switches between character alot? Like a tag team of sorts? Hmm.. it's sort off like switching/transformation I'm assuming, hmm, I dunno lol..

None of the Light Warriors are more important than the other (Contrary to what Dissidia would have you believe).

I'm sure there is some kind of unique way of having a party of 4

OmegaXXII

Well, based on that it would work similar to Pokemon Trainer no? Like taking turns I'm assuming?

Speaking of which, like I've said many times the stamina feature should be removed completly, it's unnecessary and ruins the fun playing as your favorite character, it FORCES you to switch which is a big letdown, it shouldn't be based off the game lol..

OmegaXXII

Rayman for 3rd party plz :3

Haha, Rayman was one of my favorite characters back then y'know, at least from the original PSX that is, he'd be awesome to be honest, but realistically his chances are slim.

Megaman and Professor Layton however have more of a chance.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Pretty sure it's more like:

Mega Man >>>>>>>>>> No more third-parties added. >>>>>>> Slime >>>>> **** all.

Phoenix Wright >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Master Chief >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mega Man > Slime > Others

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
If Dragon Quest X is for the Wii U it'll probably raise Slime's chances

Did I miss anything in the last few pages?

OmegaXXII

With that Dragon Quest X announcement it definetly raises his chances to be playable.

Well, we've mostly been discussing Shulk, Dragon Quest, 3rd party and universal roster, not much.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm gonna break up this conversation a little, partially becaus I think this might be a good topic.

Let's say everyone successfully strays from spoilers for SSB4. 'Kay? Weeellll... what would be a good way to go about unlocking things?

I swear, if anyone says "play versus until you unlock all of the characters"... That is so mundane, and there's nothing saying whether we'll get Brawl's 450 or Melee's 2,000.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Toad cannot be in SSB4 because he's used as Peach's Nspecial. And Paper Mario would be a clone of Mario.
You do know that there's more than one Toad right? They could just recolor Peach's Toad to blue and keep the playable Toad red.

And lulz, saying Paper Mario would be a clone to Mario would be like saying Dixie Kong would be a clone of Diddy Kong. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I'm not really sure how an announcement of the Wii-U version of Dragon Quest X is going to raise Slime's chances, although that being said, in my books, he is very close to 50%.

@Metal Overlord: Personally, I'm going to just try everything since I don't want to just play matches to get a character in, especially if it's 100 matches per character.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not really sure how an announcement of the Wii-U version of Dragon Quest X is going to raise Slime's chances, although that being said, in my books, he is very close to 50%.
I don't think it raises Slime's chances as much as it raises the chance of having Dragon Quest content in the next Super Smash Bros. game. The very fact that Satoru Iwata made a guest appearance at the conference last night to congratulate the series on it's 25th anniversary continues to prove Nintendo's tie to this series. With all of the pushing Satoru Iwata and SquareEnix have done (Fortune Street) along with the general fan desire from fans (particularly in Japan) for a Dragon Quest character, it isn't so unlikely to believe Nintendo might actually persuade some deal to be done. Remember, Sakurai did a joint interview for the then-producer of Dragon Quest IX. So it isn't as though he doe not have any type of connections or unfamiliarity with the series. Whether that translates into anything being included I would not say. I would say after tonight it only solidifies Dragon Quest's continued exclusivity with Nintendo, which in turn could have an impact on Super Smash Bros depending upon Sakurai's willingness and interest.

What it also shows me is SquareEnix had every intention of moving this game over to the Wii U, but they did not want to drop all the work they did on the Wii so they are releasing both versions. I am interested to see what type of incentives they include with the Wii U version to get people to upgrade? Personally, I think they will include better graphics, orchestrated themes ala Dragon Quest VIII Western release, and more DLC quests and items.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm kinda of lost. Someone explain please.
There was a Dragon Quest event last night, SquareEnix was operating a live stream of the event and Dragon Quest X Online: Rise of the Five Tribes was revealed. There are going to be two versions, a Wii version and a Wii U version with "powered up" graphics. Satoru Iwata also made a guest appearance, which kind of reinforced Nintendo and Square's collaboration on promoting Dragon Quest. Hence the discussion.

My response at least.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
There was a Dragon Quest event last night, SquareEnix was operating a live stream of the event and Dragon Quest X Online: Rise of the Five Tribes was revealed. There are going to be two versions, a Wii version and a Wii U version with "powered up" graphics. Satoru Iwata also made a guest appearance, which kind of reinforced Nintendo and Square's collaboration on promoting Dragon Quest. Hence the discussion.

My response at least.
Interesting, I might buy that so I can know what Dragon Quest is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom