• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Interesting, I might buy that so I can know what Dragon Quest is like.
It will be a little bit different than the standard Dragoon Quest fare. It is going to have more MMO elements (meaning the characters might suffer being more impersonal-ized in contrast to other titles) , though online is not required to 100% the game. If you want to have a great game to introduce you to the Dragon Quest series pick up Dragon Quest V for the Nintendo DS, it has one of the best stories in the series.

dragon quest remine me dragonball gt the cover of the game:(
That is because Akira Toriyama (artist of the Dragon Ball series) is the same one doing the artwork.

Thino

Smash Master
Let's say everyone successfully strays from spoilers for SSB4.
HAHAHAHAHAHA , good one XD

anyway I'd go for the classic unlock characters through single mode/SSE #2/adventure mode/Break the target/Board the Platform/HRC/Multiman <insert SSB4 subtitle here>

OR ... a secret stylus motion on your 3DS screen and Wii U tablet at the same time

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm gonna break up this conversation a little, partially becaus I think this might be a good topic.

Let's say everyone successfully strays from spoilers for SSB4. 'Kay? Weeellll... what would be a good way to go about unlocking things?

I swear, if anyone says "play versus until you unlock all of the characters"... That is so mundane, and there's nothing saying whether we'll get Brawl's 450 or Melee's 2,000.
I doubt anyone would stay in the Vs. Mode the entire time when there's other modes in the game, so I think a good way to unlock characters is to try all the modes and stuff.

And lulz, saying Paper Mario would be a clone to Mario would be like saying Dixie Kong would be a clone of Diddy Kong. :laugh:
LOL, don't tempt them...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You know there is this thing called "Smashfests' that competitive players do. Everyone in the community come over and practice, I'm pretty sure me and my homies have hit 500 at least in one day.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
five hundred players? I thought you lived in GA not NYC!

I doubt smash is nearly as popular on the east coast

Also, no love for my questions since DX became a concern?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Metal Overlord: Personally, I'm going to just try everything since I don't want to just play matches to get a character in, especially if it's 100 matches per character.
Lol, you mean majora_787? :laugh:

But, anyways, one thing I'd definitely try is beating Classic with at least 10 characters. That's how you unlocked Young Link in Melee (as long as you beat it with an LoZ character) and Sonic in Brawl, I think they'll recycle that for Smash 4...

There really should be small cutscenes before fighting each hidden character, too. That'd be just epic.

It needs really fun, unique ways to unlock characters. Unlocking characters should feel fun and rewarding, not second nature like in Brawl. Maybe it could take a page from Mortal Kombat and have the hidden character appear very briefly give clues on how to unlock it before the round startes. I dunno, what are your thoughts?

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Aight fellas, give me some insight on this.

I was having a conversation about different aspects of the console market and the discussion rolled around to gamers that invest in hard drive capacity.

Sure, networking and DLC for Smash U is purely speculation at this point, but as the Wii U is becoming more modern in its competition, its an interesting point that Hard Disk space is a common necessity for most consumers.

What does this mean for the Wii U? Even so, could this be important to Smash U?

From what I've picked up

-custom/uploaded music
-custom maps
-customized color schemes (including level editing, character skins, and menus)
-character packs
-updates and bug fixes
-replay videos
-live chats

What else?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

I was having a conversation about different aspects of the console market and the discussion rolled around to gamers that invest in hard drive capacity.

Sure, networking and DLC for Smash U is purely speculation at this point, but as the Wii U is becoming more modern in its competition, its an interesting point that Hard Disk space is a common necessity for most consumers.

From what I've picked up

-custom/uploaded music
-custom maps
-character packs
-updates and bug fixes
-replay videos
-live chats

What else?

I have no idea at the moment. I'm not sure how far Nintendo itself will go when it comes to these features.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how far Nintendo itself will go when it comes to these features.
Exactly, Its more a matter of whether or not the result of these discussions can become reality.

The capacity do all that at all has to come from somewhere.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It will be a little bit different than the standard Dragoon Quest fare. It is going to have more MMO elements (meaning the characters might suffer being more impersonal-ized in contrast to other titles) , though online is not required to 100% the game. If you want to have a great game to introduce you to the Dragon Quest series pick up Dragon Quest V for the Nintendo DS, it has one of the best stories in the series.
I am definetly looking forward to it, even though it MMO kinda style, I'm still willing to try it out since I like..NEVER played MMO style of games which should be interesting.

Okay Star, so, now that this has been confirmed for the Wii and Wii-U as exclusives, do you believe Slime chances are marginal or considerable?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My first title in the series was Dragon Quest III. I'm more into party customization than story for old JRPG's.

Maybe not Slime specifically, but a Square-Enix character could be likely. We'll just have to see

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Nintendo does want to establish its online and digital presence as another pillar for the company, and they are getting help from external parties in order to realize that. Why wouldn't they showcase it for their biggest franchise ever (not just in terms of sales, but of appeal and commercial reception). I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of the stuff nLim8d suggested comes true.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
five hundred players? I thought you lived in GA not NYC!

I doubt smash is nearly as popular on the east coast
Smash is popular on the east coast and when I sad 500, I meant as in 500 games played in a day LOL. :awesome:

From what I've picked up

-custom/uploaded music
-custom maps
-character packs
-updates and bug fixes
-replay videos
-live chats

What else?
I would pretty cool if it gave a quick background run of someone you were about to play like how a pokedex does for pokemon.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I meant west coast

west is the best man.
Why could I tell you were a Westside when I saw your profile pic. Haha

Forreal though, California is arguably the best state at playing smash.

It's between, Texas, Florida, NY Tri-state area, and California (Socal-Norcal).

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Maybe its just cuz I'm up at college: home of COD.

But yeah, that'd be nice man.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe showing certain stats about the name being used, kinda like in the Brawl Records section?

D

Deleted member

Lol, you mean majora_787? :laugh:

But, anyways, one thing I'd definitely try is beating Classic with at least 10 characters. That's how you unlocked Young Link in Melee (as long as you beat it with an LoZ character) and Sonic in Brawl, I think they'll recycle that for Smash 4...

There really should be small cutscenes before fighting each hidden character, too. That'd be just epic.

It needs really fun, unique ways to unlock characters. Unlocking characters should feel fun and rewarding, not second nature like in Brawl. Maybe it could take a page from Mortal Kombat and have the hidden character appear very briefly give clues on how to unlock it before the round startes. I dunno, what are your thoughts?

One thing that has always bothered me is how I managed to unlock all characters in less than a week in Brawl whereas it took me a month in Melee. The difficulty needs to be ramp up for sure. And yeah I meant majora_787.

Anyway, people might want to look at this Pokemon Center Store logo. Interesting find.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One thing that has always bothered me is how I managed to unlock all characters in less than a week in Brawl whereas it took me a month in Melee. The difficulty needs to be ramp up for sure.

Anyway, people might want to look at this Pokemon Center Store logo. Victini is clearly being advertised.
It didn't exactly take me very long to unlock all the Melee characters on my end.

Regarding the Pokemon Center Store logo, Snivy is on there too. However, I'd take Servine.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
One thing that has always bothered me is how I managed to unlock all characters in less than a week in Brawl whereas it took me a month in Melee. The difficulty needs to be ramp up for sure. And yeah I meant majora_787.

Anyway, people might want to look at this Pokemon Center Store logo. Victini is clearly being advertised.
Agreed, although I think I'd like it to be a mix. Brawl was too easy, Melee was too hard, both were somewhat annoying.

As for Victini, I guess that does raise his chances, at the moment it would seem he's slowly becoming the mascot for the 5th Gen; only time will tell...

D

Deleted member

@---: A mix sounds fine. I'd like for unlocking characters to take at least two weeks to do so.

@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: Meh, I prefer Snivy or Serprerior.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Many people have, actually. Any guesses yourself?
Well, if I had to guess I'd say some of the Brawl Assist Trophies have a nice chance.
I mean, some forgotten games left the shadows after they appeared in Brawl, having new post-Brawl games.
Some examples are Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment and Punch Out!!
I might be trippin', but I'd say these characters[Isaac, Saki and Little Mac] have a chance, specially because I'd say Sakurai likes to add "new" franchises to the Smashes...

As a personal wish, I think Ridley's size shouldn't be a matter anymore, and he should be a newcomer...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I think all they wanted to do was get players straight to their picks. Ironic because having easy unlocks would have been pretty convenient for Melee seeing as how many competent players were actually willing to go at it.

We sure do go through some strange topic jumps.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone guessed a roster yet? I like reading those...

[don't mind me, just a passerby]
For guesses on the Roster, I think King K. Rool, Little Mac, and Ridley will make the cut. Everyone else I'm not so sure about although there are other likely choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom