• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am disappoint

Dragon Quest as the last traditional RPG JRPG Series Square-Enix kept pure

I liked the old school series' and customizing my teams for combat.

This is more like FF 12 or KoTOR

Edit: Wii-U would make more sense

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Toad cannot be in SSB4 because he's used as Peach's Nspecial. And Paper Mario would be a clone of Mario.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The funny thing is this is the first Dragon Quest game developed in house at SquareEnix. Every other time it was primarily Enix...

The combat looks soooooooo awful. At least the overworld and music are nice...

Uh oh, I just heard Wii U!!!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wow, they just confirmed there is a Wii U version of Dragon Quest X in development, with "powered up" graphics and will connect with the Wii version. Gameplay will take place in the same world. And apparently there will be 3DS connectivity.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The funny thing is this is the first Dragon Quest game developed in house at SquareEnix. Every other time it was primarily Enix...

The combat looks soooooooo awful. At least the overworld and music are nice...

Uh oh, I just heard Wii U!!!!
The Wii-U? Please let it be something good, please!!!!

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Ignore it, it's useless, I've dealt with him and even showed him logical proof and still doesn't get it. :/
I think he's the guy that wants Daisy more than anything in the world, so he undermines the other potential Mario characters. So GETTING IT isn't part of the agenda. :awesome:

Iwata's there?!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
OMG!! Could it be, a collab between both worlds?? Or is it just about the games themselves?

Actually he was just congratulating Dragon Quest on it's 25th anniversary and also mentioning how it is Zelda's 25th anniversary as well.

I'm sorry guys. This is the derpiest you will ever see me. After the past couple of days it feels kind of good to be silly and not upset.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it, I think that we should get back to how to relates to Smash U

Has the video podcast discussed any specificity regarding the possibility of SE reps?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One important detail about Dragon Quest X - you can complete the game offline. When playing solo, your party will be filled out by NPCs.
I am rejoicing

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually he was just congratulating Dragon Quest on it's 25th anniversary and also mentioning how it is Zelda's 25th anniversary as well.
Bummer, but oh well, 25 years is quite an accomplishment.

Too bad Nintendo completely forgot about Metroid and to some extent Kid Icarus. :(

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now that I think about it, I think that we should get back to how to relates to Smash U

Has the video podcast discussed any specificity regarding the possibility of SE reps?
Well, we know Square Enix will be providing Nintendo with Dragon Quest X: Wii U now. So that means Nintendo's partnership with the Dragon Quest series is still strong. Not to mention Rocket Slime 3 will be released in November and Fortune Street this December. It really only reinforces my thoughts on how it isn't unlikely to think that if third party characters return to see Dragon Quest somewhere in the next game.

I'll hold out for the Wii U version. The game is beautiful graphically; so I can only imagine what a Wii U graphical steroid shot will do too it... So our "announced platform" was the Wii U after all? Called it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It will be a Dragon Quest character if Squeenix gets one in smash. FF Seems to be their Sony series now.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
My advanced activity here has been to try and humor Star, I am in no way serious, salty, or annoyed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh, there were rumors of DQ coming out for an "announced platform" and Sony fanboys assumed it was Vita? Is that where that came from?

ANYWAY. Just trying to imagine Slime in amazing graphics... is he a SOLID BLUE or translucent? I wonder if he would leave trails as he rolls across a stage... :3
Turning into a puddle of goo would be such an awesome crouch/crawl... Or a Liquid Slime that google is telling me about, even.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Or they could have the main hero/avatar from Dragon Quest X and have his colors be designs based around other heroes in the series.

Example:
Blue=Dragon Quest VI Hero

Oh, there were rumors of DQ coming out for an "announced platform" and Sony fanboys assumed it was Vita? Is that where that came from?
Pretty much. If they can fix the battle system I will be much happier about the game. Iwata seems very confident in this game on both the Wii and Wii U. It's funny, other people are saying it is official that Dragon Quest is a Nintendo exclusive series now.

OmegaXXII

Oh, I forgot about the Hero, isn't he requested and wanted in Japan?

I honestly would want DQVIII hero lol..

How does the DQ X hero look like anyway?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Slime in HD will be fabolous, no doubt, if he's in Smash, whoa!!

While I may be against Slime in Smash, I must say that would be awesome to see him in HD. :cool:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or they could have the main hero/avatar from Dragon Quest X and have his colors be designs based around other heroes in the series.

Example:
Blue=Dragon Quest VI Hero

Pretty much. If they can fix the battle system I will be much happier about the game. Iwata seems very confident in this game on both the Wii and Wii U.
Since you can choose your race, how would they have a main hero?

Unless you mean the warrior-classed guy in the trailer

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know, having a DQ character (Slime please, damn it!) in Smash would definitely fit into Iwata's agenda of bringing up DQ's popularity in the West...

Actually, have you been saying that all along Star? lol.

OmegaXXII

Pretty much. If they can fix the battle system I will be much happier about the game. Iwata seems very confident in this game on both the Wii and Wii U. It's funny, other people are saying it is official that Dragon Quest is a Nintendo exclusive series now.
Pretty much, it's weird that they had more exclusive titles on Nintendo rather than Sony, same goes with Sonic, I wonder if Sony is making it difficult for them behind the scenes?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Since you can choose your race, how would they have a main hero?

Unless you mean the warrior-classes guy in the trailer
Dang I should have taken a screen cap. Okay, the main hero is one character, not a race. The allies are "races" that you can play as. It isn't entirely an MMO, it just takes aspect of it. But the hero has the customizable armor that literally affects your appearance like in Dragon Quest IX. So, if they wanted to, you could have that hero have different costumes that allow him to look like other protagonists from the series.

This pretty much sums up GAF right now:

OmegaXXII

I just hope he look cool, I'm guessing his look will be improved dramatically since the Wii-U will get a graphical overhaul anyway.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I just hope he look cool, I'm guessing his look will be improved dramatically since the Wii-U will get a graphical overhaul anyway.

Think of it this way. Since the Wii U is going to be more powerful than the PS3 whatever graphical improvements made to an already slick looking Wii games will obviously be astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom