• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Hasn't The Last Story been doing better than Xenoblade sales wise?
In Japan, I believe so. I think in the first week of sales for each game, Last Story sold about 110,000 copies and Xenoblade sold 83,000

However, Xenoblade has a bit of an upper hand considering it's also been released outside Japan so far and is doing just as well in Europe as it is in Japan thus far.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
HURM. So Shulk's (oh goodness that sounds awful. Shulx? TERRIBLE) made quite the first impression you could say? A lasting one at that, even?

That's what I needed to hear, I suppose. If he's going be the next NESS though, then maybe I should go ahead and start saying he should be cut in favor of adding the hero and villain of the sequel. >8O
Or better, the lesser main character of another Nintendo RPG. :awesome:

Shulk and Elza are the two likelys. I still hope for some sort of Kanan action. At least a trophy or cameo.

Of course, an American release ot TLS would do.

However, Xenoblade has a bit of an upper hand considering it's also been released outside Japan so far and is doing just as well in Europe as it is in Japan thus far.
I thought TLS was announced for Euro as well? I could be mixing it up with Panodra's Tower though. Me checky.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
HURM. So Shulk's (oh goodness that sounds awful. Shulx? TERRIBLE) made quite the first impression you could say? A lasting one at that, even?

That's what I needed to hear, I suppose. If he's going be the next NESS though, then maybe I should go ahead and start saying he should be cut in favor of adding the hero and villain of the sequel. >8O
The Last Story had a slight edge in sales in Japan, but obviously Xenoblade is in the lead having been released in Europe. Still, Xenoblade is the one with the most active fanbase.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The Last Story had a slight edge in sales in Japan, but obviously Xenoblade is in the lead having been released in Europe. Still, Xenoblade is the one with the most active fanbase.
EU has a release date for TLS in 2012, so yeah. Xenoblade just has a bigger fanbase/more media coverage.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Hey Star, would you happen to be one of the live posters that is frantically discussing this next to the video stream? I know it aint Iblis.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
In Japan, I believe so. I think in the first week of sales for each game, Last Story sold about 110,000 copies and Xenoblade sold 83,000

Yup, and actually those numbers have already risen in Europe to over 100,000 in total.

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Forgive me to the cross of Jesus for asking this, but how will be different than Final Fantasy Fourteen?

Insight Si vous plait.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I'd rather see the Wii RPG characters as AT's for now. I just don't think they've really earned playable status just yet.

Plus we do need some characters to fill in for the AT's who are more likely to gain playable status. That and we do need some characters for SSB5, and by then they should have some sequels/appearances.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: what happened!???

It's an MMO. The early rumors were saying Dragon Quest X was taking MMO aspects. I didn't want it to be true... I wanted a real storyline... :'(

Someone hold me... I feel... Cold... At least it's for the Wii...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Its okay Star, this is your Dark Dawn. You'll find that the wallowing shadows of a sub par release in the midst of Pre SSB4 development is rather character building, dare I say enjoyable?

Plus we do need some characters to fill in for the AT's who are more likely to gain playable status.
THIS...except I'm not the one who came out and said it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Still, Xenoblade is the one with the most active fanbase.
Yeah, that's what I've been PRESUMING. I can't remember who exactly it was, but they noted Shulk getting a lot of attention on Japanese Smash boards. I know it wasn't a general picture at all, but if it really was JUST Shulk...

HUUUARRGH I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU AT ALL, XENOBLADE. I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU'LL EFFECT MY SM4SH.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Or better, the lesser main character of another Nintendo RPG. :awesome:

Shulk and Elza are the two likelys. I still hope for some sort of Kanan action. At least a trophy or cameo.

Of course, an American release ot TLS would do.
I noticed that Monolith Soft is actually a third-party developer who only worked with Nintendo on Last Story so far. Sounds like Nintendo would have to ask for the rights to use Last Story elements much like any other third-party company, which puts a bit of a dent in chances of Last Story representation.

Considering it's only a third-party developer and not a full-blown publisher, though, I hope it happens that we get Elza or Kanan in.

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

IT'S A FREAKING MMO!!!
:facepalm:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Whoa!! So does this mean DQ X will be PC based???

Yes.

"Regarding the online, your allies will be real players."

Haha, looks like Fortune Street should be your "only" Dragon Quest anticipated game, huh?

Meh. :\

I'll still purchase it anyways... But it won't be as happy of a purchase.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I noticed that Monolith Soft is actually a third-party developer who only worked with Nintendo on Last Story so far. Sounds like Nintendo would have to ask for the rights to use Last Story elements much like any other third-party company, which puts a bit of a dent in chances of Last Story representation.

Considering it's only a third-party developer and not a full-blown publisher, though, I hope it happens that we get Elza or Kanan in.

TLS is Nintendo IP, it has about the same size dent in Elza's chances as it does for Isaac.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

You mean Mistwalker right?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Aww man, that sucks. :c

Oh wait... The Last Story is 3rd party material? I thought it was like XenoBlade though, y'know 1st party??

It's strange, places I have seen indicate it is in fact a Nintendo IP.

Well some of my fears over Dragon Quest X are calmed after hearing some more information. Apparently the game is going to have a huge story (larger than IX's I imagine). It is essentially taking Dragon Quest IX, VIII, and MMO lite and throwing it into an Alchemy Pot.

OmegaXXII

It's strange, places I have seen indicate it is in fact a Nintendo IP.
Hmm..I see, I just got puzzled by Java's statement is all, anyway evenbif it is 3rd party I believe Shulk would be more likely anyhow due to sales.

Edit: I also heard a 3DS version of Dragon Quest is coming out, is it true?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm..I see, I just got puzzled by Java's statement is all, anyway evenbif it is 3rd party I believe Shulk would be more likely anyhow due to sales.

Edit: I also heard a 3DS version of Dragon Quest is coming out, is it true?

Yes, Slime Mori Mori 3 or Rocket Slime 2.

What the heck did they do to the battle system?!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Super Smash Brothers 4 - Music Selections Archive

This archive will provide links to various possible, fan-chosen music selections for Super Smash Brothers 4 in one centralized location. If there is music you enjoy and would like to hear in a new Smash Brothers game, then post the name of the song and a link if possible and I will add it to the archive.

/Huge and Awesome Songlist/

Awesome idea Java! I'll put in my wishes for music in this post. I update this time to time.

Series Wise:

Legendary Starfy​

(Keep in mind that I haven't yet played the fourth and fifth, so I try to update this with more favorite songs when I clear the rest installments.)

1. Densetsu No Stafy - Theme Song
(Heard in the commercial of the first games, and has been remixed sometimes in the games themselves and also in newer commercials. This one's the first official version from Donkey Konga)

- 2. Densetsu No Stafy (1-4): Lobber's Cave

(An iconic and memorable BGM to Starfy-series in same veins as what Green Greens is for Kirby- this music has been used as the first world theme in the first four Japan-only titles so far. To appeal at Starfy-fans in the first place, this must be added as the default BGM for the Starfy's stage. )

( - Here's also the GBA-version - )

3. Densetsu No Stafy: Boss Battle Medley

(A Medley of the Boss Themes throughout Starfy's GBA-games, comprised of these tracks in the order. In order to get why I put em like this, watch this battle- sorry for the quality)

DDNS2: Boss Is Nearby! (Fast-tempoed beginning)
DNS2: Confrontation! (Starfy's Assist Trophy Jingle SFX, composed in style of GBA-games) -> Meeting Boss Eye To Eye. (Boss Introduction Theme)
DNS: Boss Battle (Loop this theme up) (They better keep the boxing bell jingle like in the games in the theme's beginning)

(In here, it will be cut to boss battle ending with the boss *poofing away* like in Starfy-games and then...)

Densetsu No Stafy: Starfy Dance

*Loop back to Boss Is Nearby!*

(Might try to improve on this medley if I can)

4. Densetsu No Stafy: Ogura's Theme

DNS: Ogura's Theme
DNS2: Ogura's Final Boss Theme

(After the final boss theme has been looped sometime, it will have a original composition which ends it like an explosion- you might even hear Ogura´s cry of defeat somewhere far)

DNS1&2: Credits
DNS 2: Credits 2 (A music box version of Densetsu No Stafy Theme Song)*Repeat back to Ogura's Theme*

5. DNS2: World 9: Resshi Lake/Loch Ness Lagoon

Make tempo much more faster and remix it to sound quite happy yet exciting for the chaotic mood of SSB4, but keep the playfulness intact.

6. DNS2: World 10: Torrent's Waterfall Wall

Remix this at least in similar fashion as how Flower Fields in Brawl was: turn it more playful and catchy! It's already quite catchy though, but if more catchier, the BETTER.

7. DNS3: World 2: Coral Coast

A very peaceful track, and really seems to cater to be remixed by composers. I really like this tune.

8. DNS3: World 4 - Kakigori Alps/Crushed Ice Alpine

When playing this game through again, I couldn't remember how this theme sounded like, but I still knew it was very catchy.At the end I was overjoyed by this nostalgic snow tune!

They just knew how to compose this right: Stafy 2 had very repetitive tune for an ice level, and that combined with a long levels was quite a labor.
This one though is very catchily composed and has quite good structure.

I tell you guys, this is A MUST REMIX in SSB4. If they won't rearrange this theme, I'm gonna throw them with an octopus vase

9. DNS3: Pufftop/Sea Of Sky

My ALL TIME FAVE in whole Starfy-series (so far). They MUST. Remix this.

My Personal Music Wishlist​
1. For The Frog The Bell Tolls: Overworld (Orchestrated)

2.Flare's Theme (Panel De Pon) (Remixed SSB-style- better have real guitars, but don't ruin the original one too much)

3. Buoy Base Galaxy (Original Track, doesn't need to be rearranged.)

4. PKMN Ruby & Sapphire: Gym Leader Battle (In same style as PKMN Colosseum)

5.Kirby Amazing Mirror: Candy Constellation

(Orchestrated with some electronical sounds to add outer space-like atmosphere)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't like the idea of a turned based game, which the combat looks like from the earlier pictures, where I can only have team mates that are human

Edit: after seeing it NOW, I see it's more like KoTOR

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This game is Dragon Quest IX on crack. But what happened to the battle system? Love the vibrant colors, as usual. Already in love with the music.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I added the For the Frog the Bell Tolls overworld theme and the Pufftop tune from Densetsu no Stafy 3 for now to the archive, Horsetail. I need to get to sleep, so that's it for now. I'll add the rest of your suggestions later.

Regarding Last Story, I too am puzzled by whether it's a Nintendo IP or not.

OmegaXXII

Well, if it looks like Dragon Quest VIII I shouldn't really have a problem with visuals, the music however I believe will be phenomenal, I pressume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom