• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Uggh. I need to bring this up AGAIN?!?!

Each one was a step down in severeness. Melee to Brawl. Obviously the next one is Tussle.

But seriously, it can pretty much be anything at this point.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Super Smash Bros. Peace and Super Smash Bros. Love.

@y.toonlink: I wouldn't exactly call it "agreed upon" lol.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Arena for the Wii and Tours for the 3DS was agreed around here.
I thought Royale has a nice touch to it, like a battle royale, but I don't think it'd sound right without battle.
Hmm... that actually works. Nice. :)

@Oasis HA HAH... no

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Oasis
Well I remember the word "agree" being used and that you were the one to bring them up lol

@Psycho
If Arena was used for Wii then Tours on DS would mean like going on tour since it's portable.
But yea, so more than just aesthetics to you on the character customization?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Speaking of music, I swear I've fallen in love with the Game and Watch Gallery series! How did I miss out on this!?!?

Game & Watch Gallery 3 - Credits

I've been going through all of the suggested music. I'm like an addict, I can't get enough. T_T
Wow, that's unexpectedly good.

We suggest so many frickin' music - we need to archive all the music we suggest into one location for all to enjoy for choosing music for stages from. There's just too many good Nintendo and third-party music floating around the internet that is easily forgotten.

Oh I don't doubt it. Which is why I have "Pirate Ship" coming back as the returning Zelda stage and not Bridge of Eldin. Even think it is possible it could get a couple more tracks.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Ballad of the Windfish*
Sometimes I wish the remixes included in that Lost Music package of songs were the ones indeed intended for brawl, because that means we get THIS arrangement of Ballad of the Windfish. **** YES.

Alright, I'll start this music archive with Star's Dragon Quest music. Credits to him.

Dragon Quest
Endless World
Defeat The Enemy
Pegasus
Tower of Death
World of the Strong
Sanctuary
Marching Through The Fields
Psaro The Manslayer
Itadaki Street - Bowser (Super Mario World)
Itadaki Street - Athletic (SMW2:YI)
Itadaki Street - World 7 (SMB3)
Itadaki Street - Mushroom Kingdom (SMRPG)
Itadaki Street - Castle (NSMB)
Itadaki Street - Yoshi's Island (SMW2:YI)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
My idea was TOUR, you're on your own with this plurality. :awesome:

I could imagine a big "TOUR" button on the main menu, maybe online co-op would be called "World Tour"... Then you'd have online multi-player on the WiiU called "World Arena."

But yeah, pretty much no one agrees on what the name should be, lol.

@Swayne: Duuude, quit grilling on my groove maaan.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No, that S is yours now. I completely disown the letter S. Hello, I am Oai_.

I think the 3DS version kind of really NEEDS good online capability, even moreso than the WiiU version, but I guess if Sakurai REALLY wants it to be a "personal experience" then maybe that is a bit much to hope for.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Oai_ <-lol
Well, I don't know about online but maybe linking up would be fine. I would think bigger stages would be hard to keep an eye on your character and opponents, esp with 4 (or 6 if it happens). I just see too many limitations but that's just me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still betting it's going to be something like Mario Tennis, with the 64 version and gameboy version. It has it's own characters in it that grow as you continue the story mode

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, that's unexpectedly good.

We suggest so many frickin' music - we need to archive all the music we suggest into one location for all to enjoy for choosing music for stages from. There's just too many good Nintendo and third-party music floating around the internet that is easily forgotten.

Sometimes I wish the remixes included in that Lost Music package of songs were the ones indeed intended for brawl, because that means we get THIS arrangement of Ballad of the Windfish. **** YES.

Alright, I'll start this music archive with Star's Dragon Quest music. Credits to him.

Dragon Quest
Endless World
Defeat The Enemy
Pegasus
Tower of Death
World of the Strong
Sanctuary
Marching Through The Fields
Psaro The Manslayer
Itadaki Street - Bowser (Super Mario World)
Itadaki Street - Athletic (SMW2:YI)
Itadaki Street - World 7 (SMB3)
Itadaki Street - Mushroom Kingdom (SMRPG)
Itadaki Street - Castle (NSMB)
Itadaki Street - Yoshi's Island (SMW2:YI)
Wow, I love that music selection, nicely done, more tracks like this should definetly in Smash. :)

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
HOW MUCH I HATED WORLD 7.

The only world I used a warp pipe to just plain skip.

Not all of it is bad, just a couple of levels

OmegaXXII

I'm still betting it's going to be something like Mario Tennis, with the 64 version and gameboy version. It has it's own characters in it that grow as you continue the story mode
What do you mean, like an experience level up like in RPG's? Like their stats would grow? Hmm...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What do you mean, like an experience level up like in RPG's? Like their stats would grow? Hmm...

To be honest, I can't remember how they grew.

I don't remember if it had experience or if you could effect the stat growth. All I remember is it grew

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Speaking of Dragon Quest, in an hour and a half SquareEnix will be live streaming a dedicated Dragon Quest event where they will be making an announcement.

OmegaXXII

Well, if it meant for adventure mode I guess, I guess the AI would also be harder deeper into the story due to it of course!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, if it meant for adventure mode I guess, I guess the AI would also be harder deeper into the story due to it of course!

You could transfer the characters over to the N64 game where they would have different stats, such as speed or power depending on how you customized them in the gameboy version/

Sakurai mentioned about transferring the customized characters over to the wii version to compete with them.

This is really what I believe he means. Build up a character, transfer it over and see how it does

Speaking of Dragon Quest, in an hour and a half SquareEnix will be live streaming a dedicated Dragon Quest event where they will be making an announcement.
Well, we'll see what's so big that IGN are spreading rumors about Sony getting Dragon Quest X than

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, we'll see what's so big that IGN are spreading rumors about Sony getting Dragon Quest X than
That isn't happening. With all Nintendo has done they aren't going to go back on their deal. This Sony thing is starting to become very irritating. Besides, no one else is saying that and Horii has repeated over and over again that it is for the Wii.

Here Omega. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/se-event

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ooooh, I think you may have struck a sore spot Psycho.
How is it a sore spot when I have both Sony and Nintendo consoles? There is not some kind of Nintendo bias on my part when I can just as easily pick up Dragon Quest X on the PS3. It's simple, Horii said it is sticking with the Wii. Regardless of how the system may be performing at the moment it did and still does have the largest install base. Nintendo has had a partnership established with Square Enix in regards to the Dragon Quest franchise and one of the two games announced due to that partnership was Dragon Quest X.

If I have a sore spot it is for idiocy, not what Psyche said. And no Psyche, I'm not calling you and idiot, I'm talking about whomever keeps coming up with these rumors when it has been stated a thousand times over it is for the Wii.

OmegaXXII

That isn't happening. With all Nintendo has done they aren't going to go back on their deal. This Sony thing is starting to become very irritating. Besides, no one else is saying that and Horii has repeated over and over again that it is for the Wii.

Here Omega. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/se-event
Agreed x10000

Besides Fortune Street is coming out, I can't wait.

Oh and thanx for the link!

@Star: Whoa! You really take square seriously huh?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
That's what I mean, you went into a elaborate post over Dragon Quest.

Sore meaning it's very important to you.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I wonder what the minimum amount of words I could use to make that happen.

I think the last big one was "That is some Bull****"

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't be messing with me right now. It's been a crappy enough two days. lol

Now there is a rumored subtitle floating around. "Five Races" or tribes.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
No it was

What a load of Bull****
Face it, when people are under emotional stress, they process things a little differently.
Often taking the contextual standpoint to a level that goes beyond what's necessary.

OmegaXXII

Hehe, everybody has their up and downs, I haven't been in a good mood lately myself xD

But I'd rather discuss Dragon Quest pertaining to Smash so...

Five Races!??

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Whatever smarty pants, English major. Like throwing your fancy words like "contextual" around. :p

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
What's the problem with having Dragon Quest on the Wii console?

Don't tell me they're gonna pull a Legends and pull a new game out from my sphere of acquisition

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I love "To Catch a Predator" more.

BTW, the actual translation is "The Rise of the Five Tribes". SquareEnix trademarked this recently and people are speculating it might be Dragon Quest X's subtitle.

"Dragon Quest X: Rise of The Five Tribes"

Ehhhh...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Artificial Intelligence probing maybe?

Seriously guys, this is how I manage. I know for damn sure that you're at least 3 years older than Me Omega, you know what these words mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom