• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Comedy. It reminds me of Malk.

The only concern I have about one shot additions is whether or not characters, that have built up recognizable appeal, will have to face some competition from one shots.

There are several other variables to a particular characters inclusion, however it concerns me that being a newer Nintendo success story might work its way into roster picking.

I have pondered this scenario since the interview.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If it happens regardless of his current reputation, this will be a first in Smash history with respect to One Shot additions.
Ice Climbers get no love...

But seriously, I'd like to see Shulk, even if I know nothing about him. He seems Smash-worthy.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think Ice Climbers are a very good comparison... They at least had some history KIND OF. Xenoblade is barely a year old.

It IS a difference. Does it matter...? Suppose that's the question.

Takamaru also had only one game, but he's had his fair share of cameos and re-releases since then...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, they had remakes, but really only one true game.

The Ice Climbers thing was mainly a joke xD

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
INDEED, but it is something to note, isn't it?

Also they didn't have re-releases until after Melee. :awesome:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yo what's been going on? Last I saw was talk about Little Mac and JohnKnight made a good point about some newcomers from Brawl: they were trophies in Melee so they aren't forgotten.
Omega said that Bubbles and Mach Rider were also considered.
I've seen talk about Takamaru too.
Any other thoughts on characters from (S)NES/N64 that might be considered classic/retro?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I liked how Brawl's turned out where the multiplayer was before the single player. I doubt it but maybe the order could be customizable?
What do you think the color scheme might be? Melee's menu used dark colors and gold/yellow to highlight the buttons and Brawl's was brighter colors.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I find it interesting that when evaluating Brawl's roster for the first time, I only recall myself thinking

"Da ****?!"

For two characters.

I'm pretty sure its gonna be different this time around.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dark Red, Black

Faded colors. Just like my soul

Blood, why do you mock me with your brilliance?

In all seriously, I think bright fits more

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Its a children's game. The setup will be designed to match.
You can't have a brutal backround setup for ANY game something
like Kirby or Slime will be in. Thats just not Nintendo's style.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Melee consisted of dark colors...I don't see any of you guy's points. 64, wasn't so great in the bright department either.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Melee consisted of dark colors...I don't see any of you guy's points. 64, wasn't so great in the bright department either.
The Melee background was bland, it really had no design ofher than it being 3Dimensional, Brawl's menu looked too bright, if had had been a moving one I feel alot of seizure would have happen. as for 64, I liked it but just needed a twist IMO, it was simplistic yet good.

I wonder how the whole menu will look like, especially the character select screen, hmm....

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I don't mind dark colors or bright colors, I like dark colors but I think Brawl had a nice touch with the bright colors. The menu could have different themes you could choose from, like SWF haha

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That'd be cool. Maybe unlockable themes based on different Nintendo series?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Custom coloring for characters?

Your theme idea made me think of this/

You choose what part of the character is colored in what way

OmegaXXII

Hey, I like that. :)

@y.toonlink: I like that idea alot, you should be able to either have the ability to change skin themes (like a PC) or hVe the ability to do so through an SD card function, little things like that make it much more appealing, customizable, and not to mention cool looking.

The same could be done with stage builder backgrounds, but limited to the content provided by Nintendo from either in-game or through DLC, it would make stage look 10x better if you were able to add one of your liking, but I think hackers would find a way to add any lol..

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Hey I like all those suggestions :)

@Psycho
I always thought that customizable characters would be through the 3DS since I found that through an article, and then you could transfer that character data to the Wii.

@Omega and Opossum
I like that idea about Nintendo based themes. I'd have a LoZ style menu or Pokemon :D
And true, anyone who doesn't feel that the default is good enough, because there will be default for sure, you could customize it. And then hackers would add ridiculous things haha

@Chris
Its a rated T game, so it's technically not a children's game, but I think that the game is more targeted towards Nintendo fans and fighting game fans...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey I like all those suggestions :)

@Psycho
I always thought that customizable characters would be through the 3DS since I found that through an article, and then you could transfer that character data to the Wii.

@Omega and Opossum
I like that idea about Nintendo based themes. I'd have a LoZ style menu or Pokemon :D
And true, anyone who doesn't feel that the default is good enough, because there will be default for sure, you could customize it. And then hackers would add ridiculous things haha

@Chris
Its a rated T game, so it's technically not a children's game, but I think that the game is more targeted towards Nintendo fans and fighting game fans...
Custom character COLORS are what I'm talking about.

Games have had them before, I think it would do good in smash

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I''m 100% certain when they are talking about customization on the 3DS they aren't talking about custom colors

OmegaXXII

You know, that's another thing... will the Wii U, let alone Smash, feature DLC?
Oh yeah, according to THIS it's been confirmed that Iwata is definetly interested in supporting DLC to it's 1st party titles as well as 3rd games, I can bet you that Sakurai or Iwata will most likely think of the idea since Smash is like...one of Nintendo's titles ever, it would be crazy not to have it for one of their best selling games of all time.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well how else could characters be customized? Changing stats? Because then you'd have some ridiculous balancing, but I don't think that'd be legal to use those characters anyway...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seriously?

When they were talking about Customization of the 3DS the first thought you had was color customization on the 3DS?

I'm pretty sure it is going to be similar to stat or move changing. Maybe a C-a-C

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well actually I thought stat changes, but like I said it would bring up balancing issues so I thought they'd stick with colors/armor/clothes just aesthetics. But now that I think of it, just like DBZ Budokai, it could be just for fun matches.

OmegaXXII

Customizable color swap for ANY character should happen as well, like using any pigment that the game provides and apply it to any playable character whether that be Mii's or the characters themselves like Mario for example, it would act as their default since you're basically just palette swapping the costume, and alts would and should actually be an actual costume like Dr.Mario outfit for Mario for example

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
What do you think they'll call it this time? We've had Melee, then Brawl. What else could there be? I'm thinking:

- Riot (maybe too extreme)
- Rumble
- Ruckus
- Fray
- Feud

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Arena for the Wii and Tours for the 3DS was agreed around here.
I thought Royale has a nice touch to it, like a battle royale, but I don't think it'd sound right without battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom