• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
In the end, I'm not happy with a Wario Mario costume, I just want Wario.

I also think that its a bad idea to exclude certain characters from either version.

(*Fixed: Misread)

Get it? I'm N8guy, he's B1man :grin:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Has anybody played Nazo no Murasame-jō or have a good idea of how Takamaru moveset would be structured?
He'd probably be your typical anime swordsman. Quick, deliberate slices. I suppose that would translate to attacks with a bit of a slow start-up, but the actual attack animation itself would be very quick. An amount of precision would be necessary, which I think would be quite fitting. Sort of like a combination of Meta Knight and Marth I suppose?

His Special would probably be a simple ninja star projectile. Side Special could involve his weirdo sandals that let him walk on water. I'm not sure how though. I was thinking during the Side Special, he would be able to RUN QUICKLY but also be able to use his normal ground attacks. Not sure how PRACTICAL that would be though. Down Special could have him turn invisible? Could surely be done differently than Meta Knight's. Up Special would probably be something made up, lol. Oh, and for some normals he would probably make use of FIREBALLS.

Final Smash would likely have him use this LIGHTNING ability he had where he shot out bolts of lightning to destroy all enemies on the screen.

GibbytheCreator

Smash Cadet
I hope we get alot of third party characters this time. we need more stuff like megaman, shadow, and sly cooper. not master cheif, though cause he'll make the game weird.

id like to see all the charatcers returning even mewtwo and dr mario. we could have a 100% complete cast lol

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
That's good man, lets keep this going.

Now would his Ninja stars be more unseen like Shiek's or more deliberate as a sort of staple technique?

From what I can see with the flowing Samurai garb, he'd probably have a weight inbetween peach and lucario.

I suppose that would translate to attacks with a bit of a slow start-up, but the actual attack animation itself would be very quick.
This was the first thing to come to mind.

I predict mindgames, mindgames for miles. I figure that stature would be very intimidating to approach because, well, Katana's hurt.

this time it aint just the tip

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I hope we get alot of third party characters this time. we need more stuff like megaman, shadow, and sly cooper. not master cheif, though cause he'll make the game weird.

id like to see all the charatcers returning even mewtwo and dr mario. we could have a 100% complete cast lol
that true man i wish people like u talk more offten COME TO MY BLOG SMASHPROZ IS SO DEAD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since it seems the topic is a Takamaru moveset, since I doubt anyone has played his original game seeing as it is Famicom Disk only.

Has anyone played as him in Samurai Warriors 3?

Personally he sounds like a mix of Marth and Sheik. lol

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well I think I've got a pretty good idea of what his recovery technique might be...

Flow like water!

This guy definitely looks live a power drive fighter.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^

Hmm, I only saw an idea for a Final Smash in that video; but I do think I see what you mean by his recovery move, and if so it would be interesting to see it happen.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not really sure how to think of his Special. Should definitely be a ninja star, but I dunno what sort of SPIN to give it. Just seems like a basic, quick, mid-range projectile. Maybe you could change the angle slightly, and with good enough aim you could combo them together a few hits...?

I would CONDENSE that weight range from Mario (98) to Pit (94). :3 Should definitely be heavier than Marth (87), but putting him too close to Link (104) would be a bit weird for him I think. Especially since he would be relatively fast.

Oh wow, he has a terrible voice in that video.

ALSO. In the original game I think he could deflect projectiles with his sword? Sounds like an F-smash. NESS CLONE.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Should definitely be a ninja star, but I dunno what sort of SPIN to give it. Just seems like a basic, quick, mid-range projectile. Maybe you could change the angle slightly, and with good enough aim you could combo them together a few hits...?
Glad to see that you're getting creative with this, his technique should have more flare than a standard shuriken toss. Perhaps having the toss a bit different than a B-line projectile would have a more connective effect.

This reminds me, I've always wanted the return on Link's boomerang to introduce more follow ups.
Projectiles that don't have knockback properties are more appealing as follow up/feint techniques over damage inducers. I try my best to accomplish strings like that 3:59

Oh wow, he has a terrible voice in that video.
More reasons why protagonist voice overs should simply be left to the imagination. Lest you get CD-i Link or a more prime example (RED).

By the by, is everybody alright?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I've always wanted a better Sonoc with some better attacks, for example, his homing attack should be 'trackable' when using it, it should be accurate when using it just like in his games.

:phone:

pikmingrapeandrape

Smash Cadet
Alot of people are against this......but how about louie? Yes, his chances of getting in are as low as any of us making out with megan fox, but HE WOULD NOT BE A CLONE. If you have played pikmin 2, yoou know he is the king of bugs, so he would use pikmin enemies as his attacks. His final smash would be the titan dweevil, and hus love for cooking could be incorporated in by him using cookware. I'lll probably post a moveset verysoon.

OmegaXXII

Wow, random much Omega?

I see where this is going. You might appreciate this then.
Yeah, that would be nice yo, what I'm also looking forward to is a new Sonic stage based on Modern Sonic, I thing City Escape would fit him perfectly, especially since it's being remade for Sonic Genarations, classic Sonic has Green Zone, now it's time for it's iconic counterpart to get representation.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So uh, let me try to bring some folks back around.

Has anybody played Nazo no Murasame-jō or have a good idea of how Takamaru moveset would be structured?
I've played his game, so here's my view on what he could do:

-His katana would let him deliver quick and defensive style attacks, and can be even used to block projectiles.
- He'd use his projectile attacks like kunai's and fire balls or ninja stars.
- Then there comes the Invicibility Cloak,which could act similarly to Dimensional Cape MetaKnight has.
- The cloak and the projectiles could be put in as the B-moves, and projectile blocking could be his own unique mechanic. He has to though beware for some items, like explosives.
- Final Smash could be the Lightning-spell from his game again: he'd builds power on his katana, then unleashes it on the stage: it's like the Lightning-item, expect it deals lots of damage with high knockback. He can use this three times like in the game, and then it's gone.

There ya have it-

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Could you do me a small favor and make sure to add that marvelous compilation to the backroom?

I'd prefer it if it remained vintage. :cool:

OmegaXXII

Yup, we need these ideas to be preserved and never be buried.

I can't wait for some new gameplay mechanics, oh yeah, I am going to experiment online and the competative aspects of it the first few weeks. :cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
At least he's not another damned fist-user.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Takamaru's jesus sandals should ACTUALLY LET HIM WALK ON WATER. Like, he could move on top of it for a short distance I suppose? If he stopped or turned around, he'd fall in. He also couldn't LAND on it either. Could be a nice little quirk?

Oh man I hope Termina Bay comes back if he can do that...

I'm fine with sword users.

As long as they bring something different:

1.) Link - Camper with strong and slow attacks

2.) Ike - Slow but super super strong attacks

3.) Marth - Long ranged attacks. Great Shield poking. Also, tipped attacks = more damage

4.) Meta Knight - Wut

Bowser Jr. on the Wii-U and Toad on the 3DS for example.

It's an example I guess

I'm sort of against exclusives though and I'm sort of for a universal roster.

But the truth is, I'm neutral.

OmegaXXII

Haha at Meta-Knight.

My favorite sword user would be either The Black Knight or Ganondorf.

BK is heavy but powerful, knockback is rather difficult due to his armor, long ranger due to his sword/lance.

Ganon would be and should be rebalanced, hmm..powerful but yet not slow enough, he should be a little faster, not as slow as in Brawl.

Oh and I double posted.

Anyway, I was thinking about it... Sounds crazy but I've accepted 6 characters in the Mario series.

OmegaXXII

It's an example I guess

I'm sort of against exclusives though and I'm sort of for a universal roster.

But the truth is, I'm neutral.
Well, I'm guessing you're pretty neutral on the whole thing since you bSically want Toad huh? :awesome:

Oh yeah, who else do you actually support/want to see in Smash 4?

Nope. I'm neutral. I find it weird that people want exclusive rosters and to be honest. As long as the Wii U roster is good then I won't mind this whole Roster problem

Asides from Toad? I support the following: Saki, Ridley, Slime and Chocobo, Nathan Drake (Lol), and Waddle Dee.

OmegaXXII

Yes, I agree, as long as the Wii-U is superior than the 3DS version than all should be fine.

Yeah, I think alot of people support Ridley, I also look forward to K.Rool, P.Mario, Ray MK, and Shulk, and of course some of the veterans like Mewtwo as well, so hyped.

<3 Phoenix Wright!!

OmegaXXII

Haha, speaking of which UMvC3 is almost out!! I really will play with PW on day one, I wish he were considered in Smash instead of Megaman though, in my opinion of course.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

That's Shulk, guy from Xenoblade. No idea what he can do but I'm betting he's going to make it in Sm4sh.

OmegaXXII

Ehhh... Who's Shulk?
He's this guy:

He's from the upcoming game XenoBlade, he's the main character on there and is quite popular, he's 1st part material owned by Nintendo in case you didn't know.

At first I thought he was like...Hulk's wife lol...when I heard his name. :laugh:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Hooray for diversity. (good grief)

Yes, that comment equals WIN Oasis.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Roy and Young/Toon Link put a bad taste in people's mouths. DEPENDING ON HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT, 64 gave us 1 sword, Melee gave us 2 swords, and Brawl gave us 4. (Pit is some crazy anomaly where even though he carries two half swords, together they make a bow. I don't even know what to make of that. .5 + .5 = 0 apparently?)

They all play completely differently so it's no BIG DEAL to have more swords.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I see what you did there. :p

Actually, the only uninspired sword in the game would go to Issac.

Shulk has that beastly thing.
Katanas are cool so Takumaru's in.
Saki/Isai have long norsemans swordguns

Issac, well we don't really know what it looks like for sure, but we know he can do this!

We need to get some damn Sleep! precious?

OmegaXXII

What about Samurai Goroh though? Wouldn't he feel a bit similar if both him and Takamaru got in? Y'know since they use a Katana? Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom