• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I'm just asking. I know all of the sword users are different.

I even listed how all of them are different

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Should I even think of Isaac as a sword-user? When I try to think of him, using my lack of knowledge of all things both Golden and Sunny, I think of him doing earthy things. Like a ground-type Pokemon or something. Like an F-Smash could be creating a series of eruptions from the ground moving forward in a wave.

I assume he has various spells and what not. Whatever that Judgment hand thing came from. Summons? WHATEVER. Then you could even pull a Ness and give him attacks his partners can do. I'm left fairly certain there is no place Sakurai can't dig up some inspiration when it comes to Isaac.

Also: beard.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Is Issac a sword user?

Pit really isn't considered a sword user.

Anyway, I'd like to see how they will handle more sword users, NO MORE CLONES please!

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Saki seems interesting with that cool looking laser swordgun whatever it is, I'm guessing his game will be similar to Marth's, he's fast and kind light, not to powerful though I'm guessing.

Hey now. I don't want it to be like Marth's. I want it to be something new. I haven't seen yet a jack of all trades swordsman. No. Marth is not like that. I guess Saki can take that place. Seriously, I hope they emphasize on his laser shooting

OmegaXXII

Well, I hope so, I'm just assuming btw since I don't know squat about him, some flashy moves would definetly set him apart from other characters.

I'm finishing my Phoenix Wright moveset. It's gonna be reeeeaaaaaalllllyyyyy different from the current PW moveset you see now

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Phoenix Wright has to be one of the most unusual picks for a fighter out there. How he got into Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is beyond me.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol, I just had a thought: how would everyone feel about Pac-Man? He actually isn't near as implausible as one might think, not only has he appeared on Nintendo consoles several times (hell, he even appeared in Mario Kart), he's one of the most iconic video game characters ever. His problems stem from not being relevant amongst the new generation and not being a very requested character, but it could happen.

Phoenix Wright has to be one of the most unusual picks for a fighter out there. How he got into Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is beyond me.
I thought the same too but since he got in and I like the series then I don't care how he got in. HHYYYYYYYYPPEEEEEEE

You gotta play the game first before saying things like that. He's a human.....
that's capable of being hit by a car which sent him 30 ft. flying. Oh and his head hit some pole and he only got a sprain ankle.
Thoughts?
Because Capcom didn't want to believe Mega Man was still relevant to gamers
I'm half mad and half happy.

Happy because Phoenix Wright made it

Mad because I feel like capcom is really throwing Mega Man in the garbage can

More things to add

- He broke through a huge METAL door
- He ate a golden necklace with deadly poison that can kill you in an instant BUT HE LIVED
- He suffered a huge fall and went into a river known for its really strong current and below 0 snow temperature. You're suppose to freeze to death right away once you go in but he only got colds. Lol.
- He can withstand COFFEE. HOT COFFEE on his head. Not a big deal
- He LIGHTLY pushed some guy into some electric cable pole that caused a power outage in a building and the guy was 4-5 meters AWAY FROM THE POLE. WTF.

Enough? I'm putting on that spoiler tag because I'm warning you that you might spoil yourself

---------------------------------------

Off for---- I should change it.....

Maybe I should say "We. Out." Periods after we and out... Hmm...

Okay....

We. Out.

D

Deleted member

I don't look forward to any specific characters because there are no guarantees for Smash aside from many vets. No newcomer can be considered a shoe-in.

OmegaXXII

Well, the only shoe-ins I can think of are the original 12, heck maybe not even some of them like Jiggs for example are even safe since Brawl gave us that indication, personally the only real character I'd like to see again is Mewtwo.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
COME TO THINK OF IT: Regarding Shulk, do we know if Xenoblade is franchise material? I understand it's part of this "Xeno series" with Xenogears and Xenosaga. Is Shulk going to be a new FACE for a series or just a one-timer? Xenosaga (apparently?) had a face in KOS-MOS, but is that a role for Shulk if that role even exists? I know we have Fire Emblem and Pokemon that go with flavor-of-the-month characters, but they still have a FACE in Marth and Pikachu. For a whole series to be represented by a (bunch of?) potential flavor-of-the-month characters would be a bit weird.

WHOOPS. Suddenly slightly doubting Shulk.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I just had a thought: how would everyone feel about Pac-Man? He actually isn't near as implausible as one might think, not only has he appeared on Nintendo consoles several times (hell, he even appeared in Mario Kart), he's one of the most iconic video game characters ever. His problems stem from not being relevant amongst the new generation and not being a very requested character, but it could happen.
I brought him up before as a possible AT, but it was shot down. A very good pick, but unfortunately, it probably won't happen.

OmegaXXII

COME TO THINK OF IT: Regarding Shulk, do we know if Xenoblade is franchise material? I understand it's part of this "Xeno series" with Xenogears and Xenosaga. Is Shulk going to be a new FACE for a series or just a one-timer? Xenosaga (apparently?) had a face in KOS-MOS, but is that a role for Shulk if that role even exists? I know we have Fire Emblem and Pokemon that go with flavor-of-the-month characters, but they still have a FACE in Marth and Pikachu. For a whole series to be represented by a (bunch of?) potential flavor-of-the-month characters would be a bit weird.

WHOOPS. Suddenly slightly doubting Shulk.
The exception though is that XenoBlade started on Nintendo, while Xenosaga and Xenogears were Sony material, plus since sales seem relatively good in both Japan and Europe there's a good chance that Shulf could get considered, I think Shulk wouldn't represent all 3 games because they aren't connected, they are only developed by the same developer, thus he would clearly just represent XenoBlade itself, besides you have to take into account that Sakurai is looking for new characters since be clearly indicated that Nintendo is "lacking" franchises, therefore the chances of Sakurai looking into the series are pretty good actually, plus with the sales it also helps for him to notice and take note.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The question was IS Xenoblade going to be a series, and WOULD Shulk represent that series? Though, come to think of it a SECOND TIME... There's no reason he couldn't be the "Marth" of Xenoblade. Y'know, Marth's not exactly any more important or notable than any other main character of the series, but he has the distinction of being the first. SO THEN, I suppose Shulk could just be THAT, and if Xenoblade becomes a series and gets a new PROTAGONIST, then that fellow (fellette?) would get in alongside Shulk in 5mash. :awesome:

What an awful oversight, how dare I doubt you Shulk.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
I brought him up before as a possible AT, but it was shot down. A very good pick, but unfortunately, it probably won't happen.
BEST idea ever. I've skimmed on this thread long enough to see like a dozen different
charecter suggestions, but this one "LOL tops em all". Pacman would be sooooo
broken.:awesome:

OmegaXXII

The question was IS Xenoblade going to be a series, and WOULD Shulk represent that series? Though, come to think of it a SECOND TIME... There's no reason he couldn't be the "Marth" of Xenoblade. Y'know, Marth's not exactly any more important or notable than any other main character of the series, but he has the distinction of being the first. SO THEN, I suppose Shulk could just be THAT, and if Xenoblade becomes a series and gets a new PROTAGONIST, then that fellow (fellette?) would get in alongside Shulk in 5mash. :awesome:

What an awful oversight, how dare I doubt you Shulk.
Well, I suppose Shulk would definetly represent the XenoBlade series if we were to have a sequel to the series, it just depends how good the character is received, I believe Marth has represented the FE series was since he was the first lord, therefore making him iconic throughout the series even though he wasn't a reoccuring Lord.

I guess if a sequal wod come out with a different protagonist then Shulk wod probably have a place in the series to be iconic since he's the 1st, even better if the second sequal were to have him in some way or form.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Eh, it probably won't, but I won't rule Pac-Man out entirely.

I want Sakurai to surprise us all with the 2nd new third-party character (we all know Mega Man will be the first).

OmegaXXII

Meh..PAC-MAN would be alright I guess but in all honesty I really don't see him happening due to his lack of popularity and demand over Megaman, not to mention Slime nowadays has closer ties with Nintendo than Pac-Man does, especially with the upcoming Fortune Street title which will feature both Mario and Slime in the same game.

Namco could make it happen bit they obviously need to show interest themselves or have the fans heavily demand it both which I fail to see happening, it might but it isn't as probable as Square or Capcom doing a deal with Sakurai.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Instead of assuming we are only getting 1 third party and comparing it to other 3rd parties, we should judge them solely by their own worth.

I'd like Pac-Man, he's a gaming icon

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Instead of assuming we are only getting 1 third party and comparing it to other 3rd parties, we should judge them solely by their own worth.
THIS 10 times over.

The question was IS Xenoblade going to be a series, and WOULD Shulk represent that series?
....What an awful oversight, how dare I doubt you Shulk.
I would then have to ask what role has Shulk played in the "Xeno" series. Has the series produced enough titles to make that matter clear?

This concern is likely true with Sin & Punishment and Golden Sun, to which the icon of the series is based more on speculation, for that matter insignificant to the plots' progression.

OmegaXXII

Shulk is a "new" character, as of yet he isn't as iconoc as say Fox or Marth in terms of popularity.

PAC-Man isn't likely to happen regardless whether he's iconic or not, I'm sorry. /discussion

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shulk is a "new" character, as of yet he isn't as iconoc as say Fox or Marth in terms of popularity.

PAC-Man isn't likely to happen regardless whether he's iconic or not, I'm sorry. /discussion

Looked up "Shulk" online. All I got were pictures of She-Hulk. They picked a bad name for that guy.

Finally figured out it was the Xenoblade guy All least Google search found him, google image was no help

He may have no chance, but he's still worthy (Pac-Man)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I think we can all attest to some form of confusion regarding this character's name.

You are very right, they picked a pretty bad name.

pikmingrapeandrape

Smash Cadet
Nope. I'm neutral. I find it weird that people want exclusive rosters and to be honest. As long as the Wii U roster is good then I won't mind this whole Roster problem

Asides from Toad? I support the following: Saki, Ridley, Slime and Chocobo, Nathan Drake (Lol), and Waddle Dee.
I dont think waddle dee would ever get in :urg:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is Sonic worth anything nowadays.

Apparently the rest of the "Xeno series" is pretty unimportant. The only question WORTH CONCERN is whether or not Xenoblade itself will become a series. Right now there's only that one game which is apparently doing alright maybe. And considering Nintendo just bought that danged company, they'll probably want to milk that thing. I guess?

It may not even be worth concern. I know that now Shulk is one of the newest Nintendo characters, but in 2014 is he going to be "That guy from that one game?" I MEAN, I know he'd be a fresh face and all, but just adding some new one-shot would be really weird, wouldn't it? Isaac and Saki don't have this problem since their series are already established (EVEN IF IT IS JUST TWO GAMES, SAKI). Xenoblade is just one game with potential at this point, right? ISN'T THIS STARPHOENIX'S AREA.

Would probably help if I got my thoughts in order first.

OmegaXXII

Looked up "Shulk" online. All I got were pictures of She-Hulk. They picked a bad name for that guy.

Finally figured out it was the Xenoblade guy All least Google search found him, google image was no help

He may have no chance, but he's still worthy (Pac-Man)
Haha, that what I thought as well, I thought peope were suggesting Hulk's wife for Smash lol..:laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Haha, that what I thought as well, I thought peope were suggesting Hulk's wife for Smash lol..:laugh:

She-Hulk is his cousin, not his wife

Edit: Betty Ross is the Red She-Hulk, and she was married to him at one point

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Would probably help if I got my thoughts in order first.
Actually, that assessment made perfect sense up to

ISN'T THIS STAR'S AREA.
To which I believe you mean Starphoenix, right?

A character that hasn't been fully established, as well as one iteration of the series that is does hold certainty in widespread popularity, cannot be evaluated aside from one shot appeal.

You are correct, Golden Sun and S&P do not hold this concern because their series have been established to the extent that their stories are roughly 'complete'.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
shUHL sounds like heaving part of vomiting, with the hard K at the end letting you know said vomit hit your bathroom tile flooring. I don't even know how to make it better. Shalk? Shilk? It just gets worse. Let's hope if he gets in Sm4sh, the announcer is kind of enough to not shout out his name.

Can't even remember what I was going to say about the FACTORS INVOLVED IN HIS INCLUSION. Terrible name.

Oh yeah. He's such a shot in the dark. Don't know a thing about him. What could he even bring to the roster aside from a bit of June 10, 2010? I think I've gone and killed the idea of him making it for myself. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom