• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlimited alternate costumes! I wish that could happen

Oh and in online, you can share costumes and custom stages (Finally).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Haha, color palette swaps of any color would dominate, also tbe ability to upload you own would be another nice feature.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Of course, also a stage background for stage builder should be done, of course provided through DLC otherwise explict stuff might show up. :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Yeah, I'm assuming since it has a built in screen obviously.

I wonder if it's touch screen or not, hope many features make it on there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IN other news, I hope they never add "Zig Zag" attacks from Street fighter

I can't figure out how to Yoga Teleport. I've done it a couple of times only

Musical Rum

Smash Cadet
Pressing two buttons at once ruins some of the flow, though. A fifth special could be simply holding the button or tapping it, to not make it awkward button combos. Would have to be decided on an individual basis for all the characters

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
nLiM8D's roster gave me an idea for another question to ask.

If you were desiging SSB4's character roster, in what order would you prioritize the addition of characters?

D

Deleted member

nLiM8D's roster gave me an idea for another question to ask.

If you were desiging SSB4's character roster, in what order would you prioritize the addition of characters?
Based off my roster here, this is how I would prioritize my roster from most to least:

Existing series: {Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Ridley, Medusa, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, Victini}
New series: {Little Mac, Saki Amamiya, Ray, Starfy, Isaac}
Retro: {Takamaru}
3rd Party: {Mega Man, Slime}

EDIT: There was enough data from Brawl leftover to put Mewtwo in as a playable character. Click here.

OmegaXXII

Good question: I would prioritize my roster like this:

Existing Franchise>Most Deserving Nintendo All Stars>Retro>New franchise>3rd party

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Based off my roster here, this is how I would prioritize my roster from most to least:

Existing series: {Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, Ridley, Medusa, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, Victini}

EDIT: There was enough data from Brawl leftover to put Mewtwo in as a playable character. Click here.
How good does he play?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
that mewtwo looked a little buggy... he needed to be more refined.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

Good question: I would prioritize my roster like this:

Existing Franchise>Most Deserving Nintendo All Stars>Retro>New franchise>3rd party.
That wasn't quite what I was asking. :p

I was asking not in terms of how you organize each character addition, but in what order you add the characters, from the more important characters to be added to the least important characters to be added.

So, for example, I'd add and finish Mario for SSB4 before I complete Luigi. I'd get Ridley finished before any other newcomers.

But in terms of how you guys answered the question, I would logically add characters categorized in this order:

Existing Franchises > Third-Party Franchises > New Modern Franchises > Retro Franchises

Or, if I added characters to the categories as I'd personally prefer to:

New Modern Franchises > Existing Franchises > Retro Franchises > Third-Party Franchises

That's seriously Mewtwo textures, animations, and sounds from Brawl's files being used? Wow, that's impressive work for that hacker. He even has a victory announcement voice: "The winner is... Mewtwo."

OmegaXXII

Well, I would obviously add any of the prominent characters from tbeir respected franchise, the original 12 like Mario, Link, Fox , Pikachu being done first before any of tbe secondary like Jigglypuff and Luigi are added, then I'd add some of the the newcomers that came in Melee, then Brawl, then I would prioritize any newcomers based on how important they are as a character, for example if K.Rool and Waluigi were going to be on my roster then I'd obviously want to add the more important character which in this case would be K.Rool, it would be a nice way of doing so just in case any time restraints or something unexpected came that would interfere with the project, I would priorize the most important character first.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Mewtwos animations, attacks, and model were made almost completely from scratch by a team of hackers that wanted mewtwo in this game. They basically mix and match a ton of things that exist in brawl too make mewtwo. But I like the idea of mewtwo...ya know, not getting his *** kicked by jigglypuff. *coughmeleecough*

Brawl hackers can practically recreate the game man!

OmegaXXII

What, is that Claus aka Masked Man I See? I'm sure those texture hacks look good and all but does he actually use some signature looking move as well?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Sadly no. ;~;
The group of people that made that hack specialize in texture and model hack. Not changing moveset. =/

There has been some really solid moveset hacks though. People have made sephiroth, Zero, and ganon with his sword. Masked man might be too hard to make though because of the wings. The beamsword could be possible to animate but not the wings. :<

OmegaXXII

Well, if it's based on Meta-Knight I'm guessing he would be too hard? I don't know since I know nothing when it comes to texture hacking, I do indeed hope that we get some of these demanded characters like Claus and Ridley; that way they won't have to be textured hacked, of course I'll still do it to replicated a good looking Chris Redfield or Master Chief. :awesome:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
WELLLL..
It is possible to swap over metaknights bones to lucas to make him fly~!
But, when you want to borrow bones from other characters like metaknight, you have to take the whole skeleton. So I couldn't just take the wings. ;~;

Masked man could fly...but he'd be rolledup into some indescribable lump that even giygas couldn't comprehend. xD

And yea, texture hacks will always be around. No matter how much character we'd get, we'd still want moooooore~! =w=

holyv

Smash Journeyman
you know what pisses me off?
They already made the console (as we can see, we have pictures), and the console will be available in 2012 - 2013 IF NOT 2013 - 2014.
-------------
i hope old airdodge comes back, metaknight get nerfed like jigglypuff got, and tripping get replaced by sakurai's eyes bleeding on the ground of final destination

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I discovered it isn't the zig zag of the attacks I can't do, Shuryuken is pretty easy to do. It's the pressing of the 3 attacks buttons at the same time

<^v>

Smash Rookie
you know what pisses me off?
They already made the console (as we can see, we have pictures), and the console will be available in 2012 - 2013 IF NOT 2013 - 2014.
-------------
i hope old airdodge comes back, metaknight get nerfed like jigglypuff got, and tripping get replaced by sakurai's eyes bleeding on the ground of final destination
That would probably be their idea on what it would look like. I highly doubt they have completed it, in fact it probably only went under production recently.

As for the air dodging, its hard to tell, since they wish to remake just about the whole engine, its tough to say what the mechanics of the game will be.

I am just waiting for someone to mod a GCN controller for WiiMote support. >.<

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
[collapse=Good afternoon :)]
[collapse=""]Based off my roster here, this is how I would prioritize my roster from most to least:

[/collapse]That Mewtwo looks sexy, it must have taken forever to make (it's kinda funny how Mew is the genetic code of all Pokemon and Mewtwo's the clone which is made up of the Brawl characters :p) But no Shadow Claw (Fair) :(

Can someone link me to Star's essay on Slime again? I never got to reading it, and I still think that if a Square rep would appear it'd be Chocobo alone.

[collapse=""]Good question: I would prioritize my roster like this:

Existing Franchise>Most Deserving Nintendo All Stars>Retro>New franchise>3rd party

[/collapse]"Most deserving" sounds too biased, but elaborate on that.
If there was a way to organize the select screen (without hacking) then everyone could put what they think is "most deserving" and that would be pretty cool.

[collapse=""]WELLLL..
It is possible to swap over metaknights bones to lucas to make him fly~!
But, when you want to borrow bones from other characters like metaknight, you have to take the whole skeleton. So I couldn't just take the wings. ;~;

Masked man could fly...but he'd be rolledup into some indescribable lump that even giygas couldn't comprehend. xD

And yea, texture hacks will always be around. No matter how much character we'd get, we'd still want moooooore~! =w=
[/collapse]I lol'd at Masked Man rolling up to fly like Metaknight. Does it still matter how old the Wii is for the Homebrew channel to be hacked into it? My friend did that for my Wii (now broken :() because he said it was old enough. If I decide to get a new one (before the Wii U comes out, then I'll probably just let my bro have it) could it still be hacked?

[collapse=""]I discovered it isn't the zig zag of the attacks I can't do, Shuryuken is pretty easy to do. It's the pressing of the 3 attacks buttons at the same time
[/collapse]MvC3? You could setup a custom button map so that it's easier for you. I have R Analog for R1+L1 for the team special and Light Attack on R2 for holding Zero's buster :)[/collapse]

So what else has been going on?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather learn to do it properly before assigning things like that. I feel like I'm cheating when I do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom