• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
For your Adventure Mode script, Omega, here's a specific story idea.

Olimar
  1. Story starts in Distant Planet level; Olimar and all his Pikmin are running away from a Titan Dweevil. This level consists of Olimar outrunning the Dweevil until a tree branch falls from above and crushes the Dweevil. Olimar then returns to his spaceship and flies back into space, leaving the Pikmin behind.
  2. Cutscene shows Olimar in his spaceship, launching towards his home planet Hocotate in the near distance. Suddenly, the cutscene changes to show a table. A trophy of Olimar and his spaceship are on the table. Master Hand appears from behind the screen and quickly pushes trophies off to the right edge of the table with the back of his hand. Master Hand turns around and starts scrambling through trophies in his trophy case. Finally, he finds a collection of Star Fox trophies. He begins grabbing them all and throwing them on the left edge of the table. Lastly, he grabs a trophy of the planet Elysia and puts it in between the Pikmin trophies and the pile of Star Fox trophies.
  3. Cutscene changes back to Olimar in his spaceship with Hocotate in the near distance. However, Hocotate suddenly starts to move farther back into the distance until it disappears in a star. A flash of light blinds the area in front of the spaceship. The light fades out and now we see a Star Fox space battle occuring outside Olimar's spaceship. Below the entire battleground is the planet of Elysia.
  4. Olimar attempts to traverse this battleground of ships and aircraft when Leon, in his Rainbow Delta, fires a dealing blow on Olimar's spaceship. Olimar's spaceship hopelessly falls down into the hazy, cloudy atmosphere of Elysia.
  5. Olimar's ship crash lands onto the port where you begin exploring Skytown in Metroid Prime 3. He pops out of the ruins of his spaceship - and several Pikmin, apparently hidden onboard, pop out as well.
  6. Story continues in unknown level (yes, I gave it to you, but in the game, it wouldn't explain where Olimar was). Olimar traverses through some corridors in one the buildings of Skytown. There are no enemies in this section of the level.
  7. Cutscene begins. Olimar exits the building to find the rest of Skytown in the horizon and one of the Skytown rail systems in front of him. The cutscene playing would be styled like this one from MP3 itself (Starts at 1:26). Olimar and his Pikmin are about to approach the rail system when suddenly a blurry figure swoops through Olimar's Pikmin and kills half of them. Olimar looks to his left and is stunned to see Ridley flying through the air. Ridley screeches and swoops back at Olimar. Olimar attempts to run, but Ridley grasps onto him and flies off with him above the abyss below Skytown. Ridley flies to another part of Skytown and lands, throwing Olimar onto the ground. Ridley breathes fire and is about to kill Olimar when a beam pierces Ridley from behind and causes him to fall forward. Olimar rolls back to avoid being crushed and sees Samus behind where Ridley was. Ridley gets back up, quickly turns around (his tail swishing around and slapping Olimar away onto the wall of the Skytown facility), and faces his opponent Samus. Samus readies her arm cannon while Olimar gets up and fists his hands. Two Pikmin pop up behind him.
  8. Samus and Olimar defeat Ridley. Ridley stumbles backwards and falls off the edge of the platform. Samus and Olimar calm themselves when Ridley flies up from below and flies off into the distance, screeching back at Samus for revenge. Olimar then joins Samus on whatever goal Samus has to meet in this floating city. The level Skytown, Elysia begins.

That's just a loose story outline for the beginning of Olimar's story. I have some ideas for other characters as well, but they're not as thought out yet.

I do think Claus, A.K.A. the Masked Man should be a boss in Adventure Mode, and specifically a recurring boss against Lucas. Claus is Lucas's brother, so you could tap into some emotions showing a struggle between brothers, as had happened in Mother 3.

@Hex:
I've seen your Stage Builder post. I don't need to post any ideas on Stage Builder after seeing it. :p

BTW, have you seen my idea for Crazy Hand as a sub-plot in your Adventure Mode storyline yet in your blog?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Have I ever mentioned how proud I am of this thread that everyone absolutely hates the SSE?

<3 u guys
Yup, we all have great minds alike!! ;D

EDIT: @Java: Nice Olimar idea, I like the setting and the theme, I had no ideas pertaining to him anyhow, nice, Masked Man? Hmm... Brother of Lucas eh? Interesting what about Giygas though?
:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Thankfully, that's the only thing we agree on. We aren't too similar when it comes to character wants/expectations/speculation.

OmegaXXII

I wish we were always on the same page, sadly we aren't when it comes to character discussions.

*coughkrystalcoughcough*

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
We all have different opinions on character significance based on our varying exposure to the various franchises.

OmegaXXII

Of course we do, that what make these discussions and speculation exciting and fun, we can argue to our hearts content. =D

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wish we were always on the same page, sadly we aren't when it comes to character discussions.
Keep it quiet cheerleader.

If you want to get into it about Krystal, just you and me. I'm game any day.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I would like to think there are some characters that just about anybody with half a brain could agree on.

Like K. Rool. Or Starfy. I was under the impression that lots of people find them desireable.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Like K. Rool. Or Starfy. I was under the impression that lots of people find them desireable.
There is a major difference between "desireable" and something that's a smart/good choice. Now, I agree that K. Rool and Starfy are very good/smart/safe choices. I think we would all agree. Generally speaking. I can see an argument against Starfy. But it won't be me to create it.

Starfy is probably a smart choice, I however am not a big fan and don't really desire to see him playable. I wouldn't mind, but he definitely isn't on the top of my list.

I'm actually not so sure about Starfy. I have nothing against him or anything, but I'd prefer other characters getting in first. However, if the roster is big enough, then by all means...
See what I mean?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm actually not so sure about Starfy. I have nothing against him or anything, but I'd prefer other characters getting in first. However, if the roster is big enough, then by all means...

@Hex: Ridley. :troll:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well I'd PREFER that Goemon from Mystical Ninja get in over Starfy, but I think he's far more likely. =P

That's not really true... I want starfy more.

Admittedly, "desire" was the wrong word.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well I'd PREFER that Goemon from Mystical Ninja get in over Starfy, but I think he's far more likely. =P
Everyone would. EVERY. ONE. WOULD.

Such a great franchise. Too bad he left Nintendo's systems after the N64 I believe. As well as becoming a Japan-Only franchise after a while.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Ridley would fit desirable and smart choice.

Well I already get the feeling that some of you don't like me for some reason, but anyway SSE wasn't that bad was it? I spent most of my time on multiplayer but I had fun beating SSE

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni

Well I already get the feeling that some of you don't like me for some reason, but anyway SSE wasn't that bad was it? I spent most of my time on multiplayer but I had fun beating SSE
I only had fun with it because I'd play it with friends, which was a good time.

But the quality of level design was horrible, and the story took itself too seriously, and completely abandoned the premise that made the original Smash Bros so compelling.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

The story was poopy. The choice of OC for enemies was a poor one. The lack of actual Nintendo locations in SSE was silly. Unlocking all the characters for you was a terrible mistake. It was just not that good. IMO.

All around when I finished it, I never wanted to play it again. I mean, I still play Melee's adventure mode from time to time. I never play SSE.

Seriously, when I play through world one on SSBM's adventure mode, and seeing the Mario Golf course in the background was pretty much a fangasm for me. Little things like that are majorly important to me. details.

Bring it on Krystal's #1 fan, though this will have to be another day,
If you can come up with an argument completely on your own like the rest of the big boys, I'll play with you.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
EDIT: @Java: Nice Olimar idea, I like the setting and the theme, I had no ideas pertaining to him anyhow, nice, Masked Man? Hmm... Brother of Lucas eh? Interesting what about Giygas though?
Well, I've thought of Giygas serving as a sort of power source for the operations of the villains in the game. He was stuck in the Devil's Machine for most of Earthbound to contain his tremendous power. Perhaps the villains take advantage of this and hook up his machine as a power source.

At some point in the story - preferably one featuring Ness -, Giygas breaks out of his machine somehow and appears in his normal "form".

As I've said before, this battle should be anything but normal. You can't directly attack Giygas - his form morphs and distorts in the background. But Giygas can attack you. He can take the form of your allies - albeit with a unique effect where anyone he mimics consists only of a dark red outline and a sort of mist forming within where there is normally solid body. He also attacks you with his trademark "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!", complete with text box and a flash of light that inflicts heavy damage and knockback on the opponent.

You can't even try to attack him. If you attack just once, a countdown starts and your characters begins glowing a dark red hue. The more you attack, the quicker this countdown passes. At the end of the countdown, the characters transforms into his/her trophy form and subsequently shatters, pieces falling every which way.

And the only way to defeat him is to refuse to fight. No matter how many times Giygas pummels you, you must remain still. If you do so, your character begins praying to whomever they befriended or love. For example, if Mario is praying, the cutscene shows all of the Toads in the Mushroom Kingdom suddenly start praying. Each individual prayer deals heavy damage onto Giygas.

Eventually, Giygas dies in a very horrific way, as seen here at 7:16.

This boss fight completely goes against any lightheartedness I want in SSB4's story. But it's just so awesome. :p

Plus, he would have the most disturbing boss music to ever touch Smash Bros. Seriously, don't listen to this if you want to sleep tonight.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
The story was poopy. The choice of OC for enemies was a poor one. The lack of actual Nintendo locations in SSE was silly. Unlocking all the characters for you was a terrible mistake. It was just not that good. IMO.

All around when I finished it, I never wanted to play it again. I mean, I still play Melee's adventure mode from time to time. I never play SSE.

Seriously, when I play through world one on SSBM's adventure mode, and seeing the Mario Golf course in the background was pretty much a fangasm for me. Little things like that are majorly important to me. details.
Agreed. SSE was severely lacking in video game references. SSB OUGHT to be a breeding ground for video game references like that...

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I only had fun with it because I'd play it with friends, which was a good time.

But the quality of level design was horrible, and the story took itself too seriously, and completely abandoned the premise that made the original Smash Bros so compelling.
I guess it's just me, but I have fun finishing games/stories so I wasn't very judging when going through the levels. I don't know about too serious, but do you mean that because the whole story was completely new that is was so bad compared to the original? Because to me, Smash64 was just an arcade mode type of game, and Melee Adv Mode wasn't really a story but just a mash up (which is what SSB is).
I'm not so judging about the single-player modes than multiplayer, so I don't think much of them anyway.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Don't worry Shortie I got your back on Krystal.

I'm not sure if Sakurai likes Starfy enough to be a playable character. I mean he did make him into the weakest AT in the game. I mean he was one step up from Goldeen.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I guess it's just me, but I have fun finishing games/stories so I wasn't very judging when going through the levels. I don't know about too serious, but do you mean that because the whole story was completely new that is was so bad compared to the original? Because to me, Smash64 was just an arcade mode type of game, and Melee Adv Mode wasn't really a story but just a mash up (which is what SSB is).
I'm not so judging about the single-player modes than multiplayer, so I don't think much of them anyway.
The premise is what was stupid. SSB64 had no story, but it's premise was superior to that of Brawl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...I hope Pokemon Trainer catches some character like Bowser or Ridley in a Pokeball, mistaking them for a Pokemon. Then Ganondorf would wonder where the heck they went. At some point Pokemon Trainer uses them in battle while characters whom have already had to deal with the villain in question are on his side, and they are surprised to see him. Of course, the villain would side with whatever character was being battled against in the first place...

Did that make sense? Lol.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Speaking of which... how does a pokeball discern between a Pokemon on a human? XP Like, you can't catch a human in a pokeball. So I imagine you can't catch a Bowser. =P However that works....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You don't have time to ponder such questions, as Ridley has just used Dragonbreath.

It's super effective.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace

If you can come up with an argument completely on your own like the rest of the big boys, I'll play with you.
Ah, so it is because everything was completely new. Ignoring the fact that it lacked Nintendo references other than the characters, it was pretty fun. But I do agree that the reason Melee's adventure mode was better in terms of actual Nintendo references (spamming Pokeballs was fun).

Either way, I don't think SSE was a complete fail because Sakurai at least tried to make something new and it was pretty fun. He was trying to make SSB a whole new game, but if he had an Adv Mode like Melee added it would've been awesome to see.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
SSE wasn't a bad direction to take the series, but the execution wasn't the greatest. That just means it needs to be improved and expanded upon this time.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shortiecanbrawl's If I was Sakurai, this is what I would do:

Rant One: Character selection

Mr. Alexander Sakurai would start out by having my team work on the "for sures" just to keep things moving. Characters like Mario, Link, Peach, Pika, Pit, Kirby, Marth, ect.

I would then spend the next few weeks discussing with my staff, and other Nintendo big wigs on some "Quick Newcomers". Newcomers that I can start on ASAP for the reveal at 2012.

Those characters would be picked soley of My ideas, my staff's opinions, and other Nintendo employees' ideas. "Staples" (K. Rool and Ridley) would be considered, along with some upcoming smaller titles/franchises (Punch Out!! and Xeno/TLS ect.). I would also be looking for a "shock character" similar to the WTF Pit/ZSS/Sheik type stuff.

After getting these characters down pat, I would start talking with other big wigs from Nintendo if they're is any interest in a new third party, and whether or not I would keep Sonic and Snake.

Next, I would release a poll worldwide, and let that sit for a while.

While the poll is ripening, I would sit down, look at all my Brawl/Melee characters, and figure out who goes, who stays, and who returns. Of course, getting input from my staff.

After a month of having the poll out, I would yank it back, and look at the results. Taking it into consideration for newomer picks.

Then I would go into filling in the rest of the newcomers. I would go with Smaller franchises, interesting characters from existing franchises, one or two retro's.

That would be my gameplan anyways. My personal interests would become less significant if they are teamed up with my staff's, other Nintendo employee's, and fan suggestions. I think, using all three of these sources would lead to the best picks possible.

Speaking of which... how does a pokeball discern between a Pokemon on a human? XP Like, you can't catch a human in a pokeball. So I imagine you can't catch a Bowser. =P However that works....
At one point, the Pokeballs in the anime (So take it with a grain of salt) caught a riceball. So, it sounds like it will catch anything non-human.

"GO FALCO!"

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It's not a bad direction, per se. Though I'd say a good or bad direction is relative to the person, s everybody has a different idea of what SSB SHOULD be.

I personally don't like the idea of trying to create an entirely new universe of "Smash bros." and then thrusting existing characters into it. I liked it better when it was all about a kid playing with his dolls and using his imagination.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
So... question...

A few of people are suggesting that Jiro from The Rolling Western should be playable... I find it a bit odd, seeing that it's just an eShop game.. Who's actually developing the game? Is it Nintendo themselves? Or some third party? Either way, I find it odd that so many people are convinced that he's relevant enough to be put in SSB...

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
It's not a bad direction, per se. Though I'd say a good or bad direction is relative to the person, s everybody has a different idea of what SSB SHOULD be.

I personally don't like the idea of trying to create an entirely new universe of "Smash bros." and then thrusting existing characters into it. I liked it better when it was all about a kid playing with his dolls and using his imagination.
I didn't mind that it was new, so that's why I don't think SSE was horrible. But I do like that Melee's Adv was completely Nintendo oriented. Now if Brawl had both, then it'd be an amazing single-player.
If SSB4 had both an original story (I know I hated him, but Tabuu was actually fun to try and beat), AND a Nintendo Adv mode, AND great online and multiplayer, then it would be the greatest game in the history of history!

I liked it better when it was all about a kid playing with his dolls and using his imagination.
In a way, SSE was the imagination, but I think the multiplayer is more relevant to that.

At one point, the Pokeballs in the anime (So take it with a grain of salt) caught a riceball. So, it sounds like it will catch anything non-human.

"GO FALCO!"
Use Drill Peck, Wing Attack! Lazor Lock was super effective (-ly annoying)!

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Shortiecanbrawl's If I was Sakurai, this is what I would do:

Rant One: Character selection
Looks fine to me, although Hex has a point that everyone would have a different way of handling SSB4.

My quick newcomers would probably be:
  • King K. Rool
  • Little Mac
  • Medusa
  • Megaman
  • *surprise* Professor Layton

In addition, the trailer would basically confirm the majority of veteran characters, much like Melee's E3 trailer (which is pretty much it's opening cinematic).

So... question...

A few of people are suggesting that Jiro from The Rolling Western should be playable... I find it a bit odd, seeing that it's just an eShop game.. Who's actually developing the game? Is it Nintendo themselves? Or some third party? Either way, I find it odd that so many people are convinced that he's relevant enough to be put in SSB...
Based on what I can find so far, Rolling Western is being developed by one Nintendo's second-party companies, although it needs more research.

The main reason I support Jiro is because he represents a brand new field of gaming for Nintendo that Nintendo is only stepping in now - DLC games -, is a new franchise when Sakurai complains of a lack of new characters, and has interesting moveset potential regarding his towers and his cowboy status.

Do I think he's likely? No. But do I think he has a small chance? Yes.

This reminds me of an argument someone had with me about Jiro being a better/more likely/smarter choice than Pichu. Which of course is wrong.
Hehe. :awesome:

Also, I chose the quick newcomers as personal choices - not as "likely" choices. Sorry for not clarifying.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So... question...

I'm glad someone here agrees with me.

This reminds me of an argument someone had with me about Jiro being a better/more likely/smarter choice than Pichu. Which of course is wrong.

My quick newcomers would probably could be:
King K. Rool Dandy.
Little Mac *sighs* suuuure. Decent choice.
Medusa Meh. I woudn't bet on it. Especially since you're using the word "probably"
Megaman Again, wouldn't bet on it.
*surprise* Professor Layton Not the suprise I was talking about, but regaurdless this most likely never going to happen.
I have my doubts about a new third party, let alone someone who lacks enough star power. Sorry Layton. Although I would be happy if he proved me wrong.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Even on a 55 slot roster, I couldn't find a place for Jiro. u3u

Also, the "direction" I was referring to earlier was Smash having a comprehensive story mode. Didn't mean the story itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom