• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Stop posting every minute! I can't possibly respond to all these posts when I have to sleep and have band camp 8:30 to 1:00 every day this week! :p

Very ambitious post. I'll add some stuff.

-Generally, it was smarter for Sakurai to do the SSE the way he did. The problem with making more Nintendo focused is it will likely be "lame." It will feel MORE like Kingdom Hearts and will be laughable at best, appalling at worst. Or is really hard to try and combine all those universes for the sake of one game.
-The story route for every character reminds me of Sonic Adventures. It is novel, but in a game of 40+ characters, it wont work to well.
-I mentioned this before, but I might make it again for all the new folks: The big problems with the SSE are gameplay. The two big things are little players choice and bad replay-ability: both things that Smash is about.
-I like your idea for All Star mode. The idea I had was have it start in the morning and then end at night (with fireworks maybe).
  1. Check out Hex's blog post on bringing the Smash Bros. story to basics. It proves that the concept is possible if approached and implemented differently.
  2. I can see the individual character story idea being difficult to create, but it would help add to replayability and player's choice - both of which you mention as needing work in Adventure Mode. I think it's something worth putting time into.
  3. Thanks. Although I didn't expand upon this element in my original post, it did involve times of day as well as seasons. The summer-based stage would take place at about noon, and fall-based stage in the orange light of the afternoon sun, the winter-based stage in the cold grip of winter night, and the spring-based stage showing a magnificent sunrise before lighting up to midday. Thanks for reminding me.

Well hopefully my Layton stage did the series justice, I'm not exactly the expert but hopefully it was done in gentlemanly taste? Anyhow, that was not actually the stage concept I had originally intended to do today. Somehow as I was working I was just in the mood for a British cityscape. But this was actually what I spent most of the day mulling over. Now it's time to return to Earth and give you a blast from the past.

**Sector Z**
Nice stage, StarPhoenix, as all of your stages are. I liked the concept of Sonic Poke's Great Fox stage more, but it's actual implementation sounds wonky, so I'd also support this stage.

I noticed a topic a bit back to grab some music from each franchise. soooo SHAZAM!

The Legend of Zelda: Song Of Healing, such an emotional piece. Even though its for a vg, it's so heartfelt.
Metroid: Rundas Battle
Kirby: Metal (Kirby Air Ride)
F-Zero: TIE. Night of Big Blue, Dr. Stewart
Fire Emblem: Stalwarts Unite
Custom Robo: Panic Cube
Mario Party: Waluigi's Island
Paper Mario: Rawk Hawk
The only person who noticed - orcaredabout - my post!

Rundas Battle is a must for SSB4, IMO.

Hey guys, I put together a complete SSB4 stage list using my stage concepts and future stage concepts. Along with the Brawl stages I believe will be returning, tell me what you think?

*An existing stage concept
**Future stage concept
***Tentative stage for game unreleased
****Guest stage concept

[COLLAPSE=StarPhoenix's Stage Concepts]Super Smash Bros:
Battlefield
Final Destination

Mario:

Mushroomy Kingdom
Starship Mario*
Toad Town*
Bowser's Castle*
Luigi's Greater Mansion***

Yoshi:
Yoshi's Island

Wario:
Warioware Inc.
Diamond City**

Donkey Kong:
75m
Sunset Shore*

The Legend of Zelda:
Pirate Ship
Siren World***
Hyrule Temple (Interior)*

Pokémon:
Pokémon Stadium 2
N's Castle*
Burned Tower**

Metroid:
Norfair
Skytwon Elysia*
Geothermal Power Plant*

Star Fox:
Space Armada
Sector Z*

Fire Emblem:
Castle Siege
Dragon's Altar****

Kid Icarus:
Skyworld
The Underworld***

Kirby:
The Halberd
Dream Space***
Kirby's Yarn**

F-Zero:
Port Town: Aero Dive
Red Canyon*

Pikmin:
Distant Planet
New Planet***

Single Stage - Returning:

Saturn Valley* (Earthbound)
The Summit (Ice Climbers)
Flat Zone 2 (Game and Watch)

Single Stage - New Series:
Gluglug Lagoon* (Legendary Starfy)
Ruinous City* (Sin and Punishment)
WuHu Island* (Wii series/Pilotwings Resort)
Gaur Plains* (Xenoblade)
Cyber Holloseum* (Custom Robo)
Smashville (Animal Crossing)
The Ring** (Punch Out!!)
Elemental Lighthouse** (Golden Sun)

Other:
Nintendo*

Total=46 (About the right amount for a roster of 42-45)

Optional 3rd party stages:
Robot Museum* (Megaman)
Zenithia* (Dragon Quest)
London* (Professor Layton)
World's End* (Final Fantasy)
Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)
Tetris** (Tetris)[/COLLAPSE]
No Wario Land stage? Instead, we get two WarioWare stages?

I'm disappointed. :(

Otherwise, I really do like this roster. I understand this roster is based on your predictions for what stages we'll get in SSB4.

1: Because Wario Land: Shake It was not something that really took. It was a game that deserved much more then it received, but I don't expect more out of it then music. Now, as for why another Warioware stage. By the time Smash Bros 4 is released we will have had one to two more Warioware entries, because it is confirmed that we will be getting a Warioware 3DS title. Plus, this is my opinion, but I think it is very possible we could even see a Warioware character. 9 Volt, Jimmy T, Orbulon, Young Cricket and Ashley come too mind. Warioware is a big enough series now to justify both another stage and character. With another character in the mix, another stage is sure to follow.
I agree that we're more likely to have two WarioWare stages than a WarioWare and Wario Land stage... sadly. :(

I'm really tempted into making a Wario Land stage, trophies, and stickers alliance. I absolutely expect little representation for Wario Land, yet I think the franchise of deserving of more than a sticker. I'd love to help gain proper Wario Land representation in SSB4, but I doubt I have the time nor the resources to make an alliance now.

(Sigh)... :urg:

The 3D graphics SSB4 is going to use is with the Maya programming language. The images for the UI is made with PhotoShop. Sequences are made using Adobe Flash, that includes some 3D. The sound workers use a DAW (digital audio workstation.)

Sakurai also wants a unique approach towards the new UI and effects the game uses.
Interesting. Hopefully this means a better UI and look for SSB4. I want the menus to prepare me for a Smash Bros. fight, not dress up the entrance before you get pummeled in the face with pretty colors or generic designs.

Like I said, this is a revision. Added MUCH more.

So let me ask a question, Earthbound stages. What is next? Now that Melee will be two generations behind I doubt we will see either Onett or Fourside return, New Pork City is so loathed I doubt they will be bringing that back. Meaning we will be due for a new stage. So let me ask, what should it be? Here is my proposal ladies and gentleman, Saturn Valley.

**Saturn Valley**
Much improved over the original, StarPhoenix.

Shadow Mario? His own entity? Or Bowser Jr,? Y'know he could work with a tranformation right?

:phone:
Don't forget Captain Syrup from Wario games. I'm thinking in Adventure Mode cut seen they are on a ship together and they argue on who becomes captain.
Win for an Adventure Mode cutscene.

See for yourself:

[COLLAPSE="E3 Trailer concept"]
It's E3, Reggie is up on the stage showcasing the Wii U and 3DS's lineup. They approach the end of the conference:

"Today, we have given you a taste of what is to come with the Wii U and 3DS. But that's not all. Masahiro Sakurai and his team Project Sora have begun working on new title in the Super Smash Bros. series. Each for the Wii U and the 3DS. Masahiro Sakurai hopes to bring a brand new experience to the Smash Bros. world. By bringing both the Wii U and 3DS, together..."

*rooms lighting dims*

*Screen lights up...*

*A cinematic begins much as it did in Melee and Brawl, with Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby meeting each other to face off*

*The characters begin fighting in grand cinematic display until Kirby is star KO'd. He hits the screen, prompting a laugh from the audience. But when he does the screen begins to crack... He falls forward, outside of a 3DS... Kirby looks around in amazement. The others stop fighting and decide to look out in the open too. Soon every character is outside of the console in a bare white room, looking around. Lying behind them as they walk away will be a 3DS and Wii U tablet on the ground*

*Then the logo will display, Super Smash Bros. Royale. Personally would have preferred Strife, but I guess it has that whimsical, action oriented sound about it?*

*We finally get to a mixture of gameplay mechanics and animation as shown with Brawl. The gameplay will take place in Hyrule Castle, Geothermal Power Plant, Starship Mario and Battlefield. You will come to a point where there will be an animated segment that takes place in the Geothermal Power Plant. Mario and the other three will be fighting until something emerges from the lava below. The characters turn to face the emerging foe... Ridley is then seen! A bar with the word "Newcomer" is seen, the audience reaction is exstaticism. He flies down to the field and the animation transitions to aa small gameplay clip. Showing him sweep at his foes and grab Mario, dragging him across the ground and launching him forward.*

*It switches back to animation and the character are struggling to fight Ridley as he pushes them towards the lava. Until a large blast is shot at Ridley, causing him to reel. Out of the air emerges and landing on the stage is familiar face to some, Saki Amamiya. He pulls his head up and the word "Newcomer" is displayed once again, transitioning to gameplay of Saki beating the crap out of Ridley.*

*Once over Ridley grabs all of the five characters and starts flying towards the ceiling, crashing through and emerging from the ground into the air (it's not canon, remember?) Knocking over a certain familiar face... Once the characters break free and are upon the crowd, cowering behind them is Toad. Confused and scared he shivers a bit, "Newcomer" is displayed. In a scared panic he screams and actually runs TOWARDS Ridley, prompting a gameplay clip where he isn't so scared.*

*Ridley is seen gasping, exhausted from battle until reinforcement arrives... As the characters move forward the skies begin to grow dark and a figure materializes itself. With the image of snakes snapping in the air and a staff in hand, Medusa presents herself with our much expected "Newcomer" label and gameplay clip.*

*Afterwards the two villains and six heroes will be set on opposing sides, Medusa will then dissapear with Ridley in hand. The heroes will look around, confused as much of the audience. Then the camera zooms out from the characters to the logo displayed once again with jingle in tune... The screen goes dark... For about a few seconds the screen is dark and nothing is heard... Until this song begins to play:*

http://youtu.be/u_Ft2niUeCU

*Megaman X has arrived! He warps onto stage, throwing his arms out. The audience goes wild! A short trailer for Megaman X is shown displaying his gameplay, spanning across a couple of the stages already seen. Then at a point in the video Mario and Megaman X come together and begin an almost fighting, symbolic of two of the platform greats going head to head!*

*People are in both shock and confusion, it is Megaman alright. Just not Classic. Many questions are mumbled from the audience. "YES!!!!!!!" "I thought we'd get Classic for sure?" "Who cares, at least Megaman X is finally in a fighting game!" "Will we see anything from Classic Megaman?"*

*But most people will be buzzed from what they just saw*[/COLLAPSE]
I like it. I don't think the roster of characters for this trailer would be a smart choice on Nintendo's part, but I'd love this myself as an SSB4 trailer.

@Star: I like it. We don't have many actual Japanese references in Smash.

Okay then. I'm not going to elaborate it though. I'm using Star's stage layout. :3

Series: Paper Mario
Icon: Paper airplane
Stage Name: Battleground

So this is Paper Mario's home stage. The crowd in front of you, watching you fight and a dynamic backdrop that is animated with some static images (such as trees.) Each backdrop is animated and sometimes have enemies that aren't actually apart of the stage.

Stage hazards aren't a very huge deal here. Here's the list:
• The static images (such as paper rocks, paper trees, etc.) apart of the backdrop has a chance of falling. They fall slowly and don't cause a lot of knockback or damage.
• There are these things in front of the stage you fight on that shower you with flames or ice. These aren't too much of a deal unless you're at a high percent.
• The audience will throw stuff at you. Be it may rocks or something else. These items cause very low knockback. If items are set to ON they will throw some.

There are a wide variety of dynamic backdrops that change as the fight continues. Some backdrops have extra static platforms that are like a pop-out storybook.

If you pick this stage and Goombella is chosen as your partner, pressing Down for your taunt will make her tattle your opponent like Snake's codec. She'll say wacky things. Other partners will say something too but just something random and not about your opponent.

This stage is sort of like PictoChat but the hazards aren't incredibly annoying. This stage also has a fairly high ceiling (upper blastline) when there aren't any platforms.

The main transformation is long and flat like Final Destination. In design it takes after the A-rank for the ground. One backdrop transforms into the Glitz Pit Areana with Jolene in the backdrop! The camera even focuses on you.

—— Tracklisting —— (I'm not good with this. SPM doesn't have many, if not none, battle songs.)
Paper Mario - Battle Fanfare
Paper Mario - Bowser: King of the Koopas
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Battle Theme
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Shadow Queen
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - Smorg Battle

insert other boss songs here

And that is my stage. I must now leave you kind people.
I really like it. It's better than StarPhoenix's stage, IMO, as it better represents the Paper Mario series.

Do you think we'll see a trailer this coming E3 2012? Do you think they'll be far enough in development?

Also, is there anyone else out there who might not go to the DOJO!!! or Smashboards once/if the DOJO!!! opens?
I'm not sure if we'll get a trailer in E3 2012 or not, but I hope not. It creates pressure on the SSB4 team and Sakurai from all the hype; I'd rather they work quietly for a year or two to prevent the stress and hopefully make a better game.

As for Dojo, I'll read up on Dojo until probably a month before the game's release; that way, I know some features, but do not spoil myself at the expense of my enjoyment of the game.

Trophies better have also scratch-made models like in Melee. I was sickened to see how much models were recycled like there was no tomorrow.
100% agreed. I liked looking at the classic models and looks of each character; it helped us understand their history. Brawl just used the same models for everything: Classic mode, character select screen, trophies, even the little character icons and frickin' stickers in the case of some characters.

Any further rosters I make will include an image of what each character's Classic trophy would look like.

Sammer's Kingdom

I'm back, and as for this one, it comes from Sammer's Kingdom. The thing that makes it epic is that the kingdom is the closest to being engulfed by the void, and it only gets bigger as you go through the 100 man challenge, and looks so scary, getting bigger every few men until...

Remember(concerning the current argument): An idea is easier to make than it is to destroy.
Memory

Sorry if you want this can be my last one from SPM but the reason i posted it is because it's one of the few songs that has ever made me cry.

Memory 2

I think this one plays at the end, also made me cry, but it's pretty much the same, just slight differences.
Thanks for the memories from these SPM songs, Luco. :)

Alright guys, get ready for a wall of text. Apologize for my poor grammar, did not have the chance to proof read everything:

**StarPhoenix's character write-up
Excellent essay, StarPhoenix. I agree with the chances of nearly every character you put on there. I'm a little wary of Roy and Miis, but their chances have upped in my book since I've seen some of the logic behind them...

... sadly, in the case of Miis. :p

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Do you have any idea how complicated that would be? Not only accurately getting the appearance of real characters (which is essentially impossible unless he give you some sort of model importer), but then creating a moveset that is balanced?
Not really. If you could tie all the moves to a specific speed or power/recovery time you could make them balanced by default. Such as fast and weak, slow and powerful ect. ect. nintendo has all the money in the world! who says they why CAN'T they make a Model importer? Espescially with the technology of the WII U? Soul Calibur 3 Had character customization in 2003! It was clunky yes, but it was a start. Just imagine what so many years of innovation could do!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ok, here's a col tune from FF (IV, like cry in sorrow):

Edward's Lute

You see, most people don't think edward a big addition to the party, and don't even think much of him when he gets hurt and leaves the party and heals in the palace of water area, until...

At one point you go in to a cave that doesn't allow Cecil to use his weapons: "I wish i could use my sword." You get to the end boss, the elf who really doesn't like you and destroys you(prety much, with cecil being like on 1 hp). Edward(with his previously unknown telepathic powers :p) feels this and struggles out of bed, against the advice of the nurses, barely able to walk, to his lute, and begins to play. Cecil finds he can hear it... And so can the dark elf, who doesn't like it one bit. He becomes much weaker, and finally, edward's voice can be heard: "Cecil, you can use your sword now!"

Suddenly, the dark elf turns in to a dark version of say a sea serpent, and then tries to go insane on you, but by this time you've healed, and the real battle begins.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Do Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Soul Caliber III ring a bell? Do you know how hated those two games are? Do you know they both have a really complex character creator in them? Do you think it's just coincidence?

I was somewhat dissapointed when I learned of this, I was actually looking forward to it, but in the end it just turned out to be BAD, horrible mechanics MKA had, Soul Calibur was alright but not nearly as good as the 2nd game, it was the best by far IMO. Hopefully 5 does the the series some justice once again.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here's the page it's on.

Gimme what you got. I want to hear it. :3
I like some of the ideas you got in there. Normals could probably use some more inspiration, like make her DTilt less like Marth's and more like Chris' 2M in MvC3.

I'll focus on the specials. The startup on the projectiles for B is very bad and can be easily reacted. I would switch this with her side B. The knife attack acts like a rekka so the side B input is unncessary. Assign Up-side and down-side B to be the two other guns and you've got better options.

Down B is one I'm trying to figure out how that's gonna work, like how the game will know what to do. One of Smash's glaring weaknesses is that having only one special buttons doesn't allow you to have different versions of the same special when they could help. Maybe this will help. Give Jill the crawl ability and doing down B (in any direction) while crawling will do the incendiary grenade and make the aerial version of down B the flash grenade.

Meh on the Up B. Is there anything else she can use for an Up B.

Overall, I think you gave a little too much emphasis on her weapons and not enough martial arts moves, but AAA is a good start. How would you define Jill's playstyle.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why do you ask? All the custom post colors? in a row? XP
The person I was debating earlier is coming to my defense, and the person on my side is noy my opponent. What is this madness?

Responding to Starphoenix's wall-of-text:

- I have to agree with Toad having a shot of being playable. However, a major barrier to his inclusion is that he has been Peach's B move. This could mean that Sakurai intends for Toad to be just that, Peach's B move. However, moves have changed before, so you never know.

- I agree with you in here in regards to Starfy. However, the question is if Sakurai recognize Starfy's potential since he was given a horrible AT treatment. If he doesn't, he will remain an AT, but if he does, I envision Starfy being one of the most likely newcomers to the series. Overall, I think he has a good chance, but we'll have to see if Sakurai truly holds a bias against him. Let's hope he actually played his games ever since Brawl.

- Right now, I consider Roy very unlikely to be playable due to not being relevant since 2002, haven't really seen much demand for his inclusion outside of Knights of Elibe, and being treated in Melee as advertisement. However, if we truly do get a remake of Roy's game, he becomes the most likely cut Melee vet to return since the relevancy issue would be solved. That said, I support his inclusion for the possibility he'll return unique.

- Agree with what you said in regards to Saki Amamiya, but there's a small chance he could get edged out by Isa Jo, though like in Isaac's case, I can see the team going the way of Pokemon Trainer. Selecting the most well-known character in the series over the newest one.

- We'll have to see in regards to Shulk. If the game is a success in Europe AND North America, Shulk has a realistic shot of being playable and I will consider supporting him. Otherwise, I don't think he's getting in.

- Mewtwo deserved to be playable in Melee and I could go out to say he deserves to be playable in SSB4 as well., with of course a buffed move set. Since six slots is very unlikely, the only way Mewtwo is getting in is if we get five slots. If Pokemon for some stupid reason sticks with four, Mewtwo has no chance. However, if we get a fifth slot like I hope we do, then he'll battle out with Lucario for the fifth and last spot. I wouldn't mind if the team replaced Lucario with Mewtwo since I prefer him to Lucario.

Sadly, his chances aren't good due to being cut in the first place. :(
Toad - I don't think it really is an issue. If nothing else can use another item. Or heck, keep her Toad special and have a playable Toad still. The game isn't supposed to be logical. Plus I could think of some funny snapshots if that were the case...

Starfy - I don't think his AT treatment really affects his chances. Being a playable character is a much different situation then being an AT. To compare the two is like apples and oranges.

Roy - Oh boy, I knew this would be controversial. Regardless of how people feel he is the most likely candidate, the fact he was in Smash Bros sets him apart from every other character. Because of that he will always be a popular character and familiar face. Like I said, popularity is popularity, it doesn't matter where you get it from. The only real scenario apart from Roy is we don't get another Fire Emblem character. Those are the two likely options.

Saki Amamiya - Nah, he isn't going to be edged out. He has the reverse Roy syndrome, he is more popular than his son. Isa Jo may be relevant, but I bet you a cyber cookie 99% of people will be asking for Saki, not Isa.

Shulk - He isn't such a sure shot, but somehow he seems like a character Sakurai is going to gravitate towards.

Mewtwo - Again, I'll pose the question. Who determines that it is unlikely we won't have six Pokémon slots? It certainly isn't because Pokémon isn't large enough.

I dislike Lucario in both the Pokémon series and Smash Bros, but honestly there is no reason he should have to leave. He is still popular and has his fans. Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer sure aren't going anywhere, nor is Jigglypuff likely to go anywhere. If anything is truly unwanted it is a 5th Generation character!

But honestly there is nothing inherently wrong if Pokémon has six slots. Just like if Star Fox hase 4, or Earthbound has 3, or Metroid has 3, or any series has more then they are deemed too. It is not about series, it is about characters.

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Do Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Soul Caliber III ring a bell? Do you know how hated those two games are? Do you know they both have a really complex character creator in them? Do you think it's just coincidence?
Of course not. They did character customization poorly. It Allowed for creation of cheap movesets without a system of checks and balances.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Not really. If you could tie all the moves to a specific speed or power/recovery time you could make them balanced by default. Such as fast and weak, slow and powerful ect. ect. nintendo has all the money in the world! who says they why CAN'T they make a Model importer? Espescially with the technology of the WII U? Soul Calibur 3 Had character customization in 2003! It was clunky yes, but it was a start. Just imagine what so many years of innovation could do!
You read my mind. :awesome:

Old games should never be brought up for reference,...............BECAUSE THEY'RE OLD!

Scar86

Smash Cadet
You read my mind. :awesome:

Old games should never be brought up for reference,...............BECAUSE THEY'RE OLD!
DING DING DING! Old game is old.

If we ever want to have a successful character creator we need a system that has checks and balances for each move. That way no one will ever make a character Like Sonic, NEVER AGAIN! (RAGE)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It's doable but it's not practical. No matter what you do, moveset possibilities would have a limit that wouldn'y justify the presence of a character creator in the first place.

Not to mention it goes against the very nature of Smash Bros itself.... Miis are as "custom" as you should get in Smash Bros.

I'm gonna go get some exercise, so the debate over character creators will prolly be over by then. Meh. Oh well. I stand firmly against a character creator unless it's Miis, which is plainly visual customization with perhaps 3 preset variants on moveset based on size.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
DING DING DING! Old game is old.

If we ever want to have a successful character creator we need a system that has checks and balances for each move. That way no one will ever make a character Like Sonic, NEVER AGAIN! (RAGE)
If Character Creation is included,and IF it is,you'll probably have to get all characters to unlock it.

FYI,I'll be the first person with a Goku character if thats included. :awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Star, I`m too lazy to go back, who is on your side and who is not?
I don't know anymore. lol

Ayyy, this is probably the most debate oriented I've been inside this thread. Almost feel bad about it. Not trying to be annoying, just try and say things like they are. Ohh bien...

OmegaXXII

Omega, have you played FF IV, btw?

Also i put up edward's lute further back.

Final Fantasy 4? Not yet, I will soon, just started playing Saga Frontier, have you ever played that? I'm going to start it tonight possibly Super P.Mario as well.

Scar86

Smash Cadet
It's doable but it's not practical. No matter what you do, moveset possibilities would have a limit that wouldn'y justify the presence of a character creator in the first place.

Not to mention it goes against the very nature of Smash Bros itself.... Miis are as "custom" as you should get in Smash Bros.

I'm gonna go get some exercise, so the debate over character creators will prolly be over by then. Meh. Oh well. I stand firmly against a character creator unless it's Miis, which is plainly visual customization with perhaps 3 preset variants on moveset based on size.
that makes a lot of sense. if Nintendo can't make a comprehensive system, they could make a preset one that is already balanced based on the size and build of the character you create.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Down B is one I'm trying to figure out how that's gonna work, like how the game will know what to do. One of Smash's glaring weaknesses is that having only one special buttons doesn't allow you to have different versions of the same special when they could help. Maybe this will help. Give Jill the crawl ability and doing down B (in any direction) while crawling will do the incendiary grenade and make the aerial version of down B the flash grenade.
Do you at least see what I was trying to get at though? I was trying to go for a mix up attack, but it's not easy when Smash is beyond simple.

Meh on the Up B. Is there anything else she can use for an Up B.
I'm 100% sure there is, but I'm a complete n00b to the Resident Evil series.

Overall, I think you gave a little too much emphasis on her weapons and not enough martial arts moves, but AAA is a good start. How would you define Jill's playstyle.
I think it would work as a sort of "Mame and jump" type of playstyle. Her weapons tend to do things like stun her enemies, so she would work the concept of stun, and then go in for the kill. She could keep opponents at bay by using her projectiles. If she was able to somehow quickly go from holding her gun, to switching to Knife, or grenades I feel she would fair better. The opponents would have a harder time readin what she's going to do next. Also, all her B moves could look similar to confuse your opponents. All her B moves could look like her reaching off to the side to grab for something, and you just wouldn't know what she was about to do. Overall I agree with all of your comments.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I haven't played Sega Frontier :/

I finally found that boss theme! I mostly like it's first part, but it's pretty ok all the way through. It's really insane when you're versing Ruben with Fang because in the previous battle you see Ruben turn Fang's(a ninja prince from a faraway land btw) parents in to monsters and AGAINST fang. You verse the parents who have occasional moments of lucidity and apologise to Fang and tell him to be good, while fang cries. In those moments of lucidity you hear cry in sorrow. So that makes the battle with Ruben that much more intense, A burning hate for an fire elemental character.

Battles with the Elementals/big boss theme

OmegaXXII

I haven't played Sega Frontier :/

I finally found that boss theme! I mostly like it's first part, but it's pretty ok all the way through. It's really insane when you're versing Ruben with Fang because in the previous battle you see Ruben turn Fang's(a ninja prince from a faraway land btw) parents in to monsters and AGAINST fang. You verse the parents who have occasional moments of lucidity and apologise to Fang and tell him to be good, while fang cries. In those moments of lucidity you hear cry in sorrow. So that makes the battle with Ruben that much more intense, A burning hate for an fire elemental character.

Battles with the Elementals/big boss theme
What game is it from??! Also do you like FFIII or seven? Those had great themes as well.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
[...] recent comments by members of Intelligent Systems have pointed towards the next new title being a joining of forces between various existing characters throughout the series.
Source please, I'd like to see that.

But if that IS true, that doesn't neccesarily benefit Roy... that would mean all the characters are getting more attention. If they're doing something like Dissidia, then attention would be given to all sorts of characters. Roy would just be one of them.

It COULD also be a crossover, as hinted by the ending of FE10, Radiant Dawn where Ike left Tellius to explore other Lands... Akaneia, etc. perhaps.

Roy was and still is considered one of the more popular lords.
Err... that's not true at all. I've been on Serenes Forest, and consensus is Roy isn't ANYTHING special. He only has recognition because of his Melee appearance. Marth, Ike are the biggest, but Sigurd and Leaf are pretty well liked to. I've seen more Hector support than the others from FE7 as well.

[Other characters have been lords so far] So other characters such as Caeda, Sothe, Black Knight, and Micaiah are hurt by this. Only Caeda stands as the most viable option for a non-lord character.
That's making some strong assumptions, as of SSB64, for example the only Mario characters were plumbers, and as of Melee, the only Star Fox characters were members of Star Fox.

Only Caeda stands as the most viable option? Based on what? She isn't a Lord, so why is she chosen out from other characters? BTW, Micaiah is generally considered a Lord, even though her class is different. Ike only briefly held the Lord class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom