• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Is there any way i can keep the markup? I don't want to have to go searching for 30 songs again.
Are you copy/pasting a forum post? Or some text from a website? If it's from a website, there's nothing you can do.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That still does not negate Toad's history with the series. He is ALWAYS associated with Mario, as a species and character. It goes beyond just the mainline games, but the RPG series and Sports series too. As for New Super Mario Bros. Wii reasoning doesn't change the result, the Toads were playable.
Well, you got me on Roy. I know nothing about Fire Emblem.

Your point still doesn't negate the fact that he isn't an important character, he doesn't ever do much anything major for the series, and he's just popular. Toad may have some sort of important role in NSMBWii, but Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, and even Fawful have had continuous role of equal or more importance thanbeing the third and forth playable character. The fact that they were added because:

They selected two different color toads because they are roughly the same size as Mario and Luigi, whereas Wario and Waluigi are much larger, and don't fit into the grid-based level design, which relies on your character being 1 gridsquare tall when small and 2 when large.
Just furthers the already screaming point that they aren't that important. Anything he has done, Junior, PM, and even Faw has done better in a sense. Yes, they got in, but only because of a technicality.

As for the pacifism, I myself think it's a bogus answer for any character, even Tom Nook. It was just a thought I've had.

@Kuma Did you ever see my Jill Valentine stuff? You're one of the only few who actually might enjoy it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Grrrr, that didn't work either, i'm not good at this :p

Omega try them when i get them of course. I shouldn't give you any more SPM music or it'll ruin it for ya :p You'll get it when you play the game of course. SPM does make me cry, in a good way though. I like games that make me do that.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Is it because Sakurai has already shown how he sees Ridley in Smash? As a boss?
Yup. I can definitely see him working, and he would most likely be the largest character in the game, aroound as large as Charizard if not every so slightly larger, but I don't think Sakurai is up for it.

I would love to be wrong.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
y'know what i hate? the word phrase "WTF character". i'm okay with having the characters, but i despise the use of the term to describe.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm back from eating corn. :awesome:

Anyway, I like the character list, and have no complaints except about Roy.

While I would like his return I don't think it's very realistic:

1. His popularity is less then that of most other FE lords, even lower than his Dad or possible mother Lyn. He's also known in the FE community as one of the worst lords in the series, do to poor stats, skills, and only being semi-useful late game. In fact the only real place his popularity shines is in Smash, but even that has gone done since Brawl and being a clone.

2. I know I will get flammed for this but, to tell the truth, Caeda is the most likely FE character to make it in.

3. She has appeared in just as many games as Marth, including the most recent games in both the U.S. and Japan. She is seen as the 2nd main character, and in the FE community is used all the time due to high popularity and the fact she kicks*** in-game (she's stronger than Marth). Just like Marth, she has also appeared in most FE media, such as the cartoon, TCG, and manga books, meaning she is quite well known in Japan.

I understand your point, and will more then likely be flammed for this small rant, but oh well. But before it begins, for the record I'm for any FE character including Roy.
Actually that is false. Eliwood and Lyn are not as popular as Roy is and was. I know that bullet point likes to get thrown around a lot but it isn't the truth. Regardless of where he derives his popularity from it is still just that.

She is likely, but not as likely as Roy. Roy has a precedent in the series and is still popular because of it. Lets be honest, she doesn't have the support that even some of the lesser characters do. This is coming from a guy who DOES support her. Because I'd love to have a lance user. But I'm just being real here. Which is why I'm not discussing third party characters, because I'm now of the opinion we won't see any in Smash Bros 4.

No flaming, just having a discourse. Iron shaprening iron.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
y'know what i hate? the word phrase "WTF character". i'm okay with having the characters, but i despise the use of the term to describe.
Same. I don't understand why people even use the term. What about those characters warrants the use of that term?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yup. I can definitely see him working, and he would most likely be the largest character in the game, aroound as large as Charizard if not every so slightly larger, but I don't think Sakurai is up for it.

I would love to be wrong.
Yeah, that's one thing I'm afraid of. But Ridley is one of the biggest (and popular) names left to add, for a (big) series that needs more character representation, that would surely bring something new to the roster.

...SURELY he would notice that? ...Surely?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually that is false. Eliwood and Lyn are not as popular as Roy is and was. I know that bullet point likes to get thrown around a lot but it isn't the truth. Regardless of where he derives his popularity from it is still just that.

She is likely, but not as likely as Roy. Roy has a precedent in the series and is still popular because of it. Lets be honest, she doesn't have the support that even some of the lesser characters do.

No flaming, just having a discourse. Iron shaprening iron.
It's fun to have a non-flamming debate. :)

Anyway, I'm for any FE character, and would love to have Roy back, but from what I've seen I believe Caeda or BK is more likely, as from what I can tell most of Roy's popularity comes from Smash. Right or wrong I'll still love whatever happens.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Here's that post. I collapsed the text, however.

[COLLAPSE="Lots of text"]Ok, I’ve decided to finally do that music post this computer messed up on last time. I used word so I could save it every so often XD. Anyway, I just wanted to show you a bit of the music I really loved and grew up with andsome of it that I want to be in SSB4(some of it is already in brawl ^^ )

Koopa Road 64
Ok as much as I liked the SMG2 one I’m a sucker for originals :p

There are a lot of others from 64 i love, but i won't go in to them. I would've posted Bomb-omb battlefield but a close enough version is on Brawl. There's also rainbow road but it's also on brawl so i don't mind too much ^^.

Map Music
Yoshi’s island is simply an awesome game, and this is a great piece of music. A revolutionary thing at the time, yoshi’s island made it so as you went through the game the map music changed, and built up with multiple layers until the final world.

Story Music Box
I love how the story music box is just slightly out of tune, but it still sounds as beautiful. :D

Final Battle
Ok, for those of you who haven’t played yoshi’s island, firstly I frown on you(j/ks). Secondly, here’s how the jig works. You first storm in to Bowser’s castle, and after choosing the way to get to baby bowser and having multiple encounters with his henchmen, you finally come to a sleeping bowser, who wakes up and decides he doesn’t like you(also he wants Mario), so you two have a lovely little fight where you have to dodge his ground pounding(yes this is where that move comes from for bowser) which causes a small shockwave. After making your own shockwaves you beat baby bowser. Kamek then comes back and exclaims at his wounded master. He gets quite angry, and then uses his magic colourful dust to turn bowser in to the monster you see in the pic in the link. In doing so bowser ruins his own castle, leaving only a few bits of ruin for you to stand on. Then comes the final fight. Bowser himself has very few moves, pretty much throwing rocks at you to wipe away the last bits of castle you stand on, but for the most part he’s slowly coming towards you, getting bigger and bigger, and the only way to keep him back is to shoot eggs at his open mouth. This is why I’ve been scared of him from childhood. Towards the end of the battle, bowser loses it completely, and comes at you full pace, never stopping, and it takes all you can to survive. Yea, I’m still scared of the thought of that monster taking up everything, leaving nothing, void, darkness…. Black… ugh….

But yea he’s awesome and the music’s awesome. ;)

Castle & Fortress
This music has an interesting mood to it, and it’s fun to play to this music when you’re trying to reach a boss ;)

Athletic
Ok this is definitely one of my favourite bits of music of all time. It’s upbeat, it’s ready to go, it’s just generally happy, and really, really, catchy. Original all the way!(although brawl version was good too!)

Flower Garden
Another one of my favourites, and again, upbeat, happy, and really rhythmic and beaty(is that a word?)

Story title
I love how they added the sounds of the sea to this one, and the first part kind of reminds me of call and response (until it’s as if the second person learnt it all and plays it in the second part)

Ok, moving away from Yoshi’s island before I get carried away, I have a few from SMW:

Castle
Tense music for tense situations. Perfecto!

Athletic(SMW)
My most memories of this piece come from star-world. Seriously, I think I’m pretty safe in saying Super Mario world had the most secret things of any game(possibly excluding the DKC series but maybe not). You could pretty much count on any given level having a key to some secret path that led to a secret ghost house that potentially led to star world(which led you to special world). Seriously, that game was intensely huge.

Ok, DKC a bit:

Jungle Hijinx
Ok this song may be the third most well known game song of all time (after Mario world 1-1 and Sonic green hill zone), and is well deserved. Another very beaty(again:word?) and rhythmic song, and it suits the mood in the games as well.

Fear Factory
Fear Factory was pretty intense, and it’s coupled level(also a factory lvl) gave me chills whenever the lights went off. I love it when the music suits the level!

Mine Cart Madness
Mine Cart madness was redone in DKCR, but that version was nowhere near as good.

Snow Mountain
I have memories of going through the thickening snow here. The team did an amazing job on the level, and I think some of you will remember a cheat that just about bypasses half of the level if you deliberately mis-shoot in one of the battles.

Haunted Hall
Haunted Hall was an epic lvl, and so was the music. I was always creeped out by the ghosts that would kill you if you didn’t make it to the checkpoint on time…

Ok there were only a few from DKCR that made it in to my like list, but the ones that did are the ones I love:

Rocket Barrel 1
Here’s number 1 of rocket barrel music. It was really fun to be, say, chased by a Giant bat to this music:”Yes, I love you to but I really need to concent- Aww!” Cue fall music!

Rocket Barrel 2
This is number 2. This, I remember, plays for getting to the final boss, and it’s quite hard, with thigs clamping down on you, and airships that drop things trying to kill you. Fun! Fun!

Fear Factory(DKCR)
Yea I have to admit I liked this version of F.F. too.

Savoury Stu
Yea I got real freaked when stu started dropping big bombs on me. Ooooohhhh….

The Mole Train
Another boss- The Mole train. Really cool effects for this one, and the level was awesome.

I’ll just do one SoE:

Fire Eyes
This song is played when you first meet fire eyes, the little girl who gets pushed in to the prehistoric period of Evermore. She’s very nice…. But her doppelganger isn’t. Her dop ends up blowing up the volcano… tut tut tut…. But yea the prehistoric area is a really fun place.

Ok Starfox:

Corneria
The 90’s were the golden age of videogames and star fox was another legendary game of the era. Everyone in it spoke strange language, translated only by the com, and one had to brave the dangers to defeat andross. Corneria was your starting point in all 3 ways, but who could resist going through it with red sky?

Space Armada
Slippy actually wants to turn back in this one…. But anyway, this was epic, and I don’t know why people actually WANTED to miss the parts where you went through ships.

Fortuna
I found this level really funky and the music was groovy too!

Ok you should listen to some of the other songs for these. The last 2 songs I’ll leave you with are these:

The day the world revived
The day the world revived. Really slow and beautiful.

Crysta
Crysta is the first town in Terranigma, a game which I recommend to all of you, especially if you like chrono trigger. I dunno, these two games just seem a bit like brother and sister to me. ^^

Oh ok, one more!

Sadness(remastered)
This is a remastered version, but it’s one of the best remastered versions of a song I’ve ever heard, so I’ve put it up here for you to hear. Terrangima did some wonderful tunes…

A continent is born
I whistle this tune over and over whenever it’s in my head, and often I’ll add bits here and there, but the essence of the song stays the same. It’s a beautiful tune, even if it only lasts like 20 seconds.

Ok, those are the songs I grew up with, and I think you should hear them too just to see which ones you like. I’ll post a Secret of Evermore one somewhere in there as well just for you star :p

Enjoy!
:)[/COLLAPSE]

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's fun to have a non-flamming debate. :)

Anyway, I'm for any FE character, and would love to have Roy back, but from what I've seen I believe Caeda or BK is more likely, as from what I can tell most of Roy's popularity comes from Smash. Right or wrong I'll still love whatever happens.

I agree here.

Also didn't anybody read my post a page back? I addressed this issue. :/

:phone:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thanks man. That post originally took me like an hour and a half to write, and even then, halfway through it, my computer crashed(the one that is now broken: we used to have 2 computers)

Omega, try listening to those, although you'll know most of them of course.

I've also got a few from FF and some other series if you want, my videogame music knowledge is pretty expansive.(don't quiz me on that though)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Thanks man. That post originally took me like an hour and a half to write, and even then, halfway through it, my computer crashed(the one that is now broken: we used to have 2 computers)

Omega, try listening to those, although you'll know most of them of course.
No problem. All I did was hit the "quote" button and copy all the text between the two [QUOTE] [/QUOTE] tags.

Or you can just delete the quote tags and it'll show up like you originally posted it.

OmegaXXII

Hey Luco, you got any RPG's as well? I'm a big afficionado when it comes to those, I enjoy them the most as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, that Final Battle music from Yoshi's Island is great and has given me an idea for a different Yoshi's Island stage.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Your point still doesn't negate the fact that he isn't an important character, he doesn't ever do much anything major for the series, and he's just popular.
Wait, usually popularity is a positive thing?

Toad may have some sort of important role in NSMBWii, but Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, and even Fawful have had continuous role of equal or more importance thanbeing the third and forth playable character. The fact that they were added because Just furthers the already screaming point that they aren't that important. Anything he has done, Junior, PM, and even Faw has done better in a sense. Yes, they got in, but only because of a technicality.
So you concede he has had an important role but knock him down at the same time for not having any...

Define important to me? Because we apparently seem to be on different pages about what this means? I can write you a list of every single game where Toad has had his own title or been playable, not even counting the times he has made appearances.

Fawful is not a good example, I'll say that right now. I'd drop it before I tear that argument to pieces. Since you wantd to point out Paper Mario, guess who is in the series too?

As for Bowser Jr. I could make the case that he has never truly contributed to the series apart from Sunshine. Be that as it may I won't unnecessarily knock him just to bolster my argument, I don't try to win arguments, just be logical. No matter which way you slice it Bowser Jr is nothing compared to Toad. Toad has been one of those characters with Mario since Day 1 (or 2 more specifically).

Just because it is harder to distinguish between the single entity of "Toad" and the species does not mean he is not a valid and worthy candidate. Otherwise every species character such as Yoshi and the Pokémon (apart from singular Pokémon such as the legendaries) should be removed. That is where that logic takes us. Yes, I agree that is absurd. Which is why trying to say that Toad isn't "important" is silly.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hmmm, when it comes to RPG's, lets see... My main RPGs come from things like Chrono Trigger, Secret of Evermore etc etc. However, Final Fantasy is RPG, so if you want music from it, i'm happy to dig up some of my old favs from there. If you want others i can probably look aroud my home to see what i remember hehe.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
i hope u can put ur mii ssb4
Speaking of which... what if they did what MKWii did? Depending on your design, you get a different weight class?

In Smash, it could translate to 3 different variants on the "Mii" moveset.

You could assign a Mii to a name, and when you select Mii on the select screen, it would force you to select a name from the list if you haven't already.

OmegaXXII

i hope u can put ur mii ssb4
Vegeta Mii vs. Goku Mii = EPIC matches.

I'm all for Mii's I'm not sure if customization will be possible, he might just include generic ones in game with customizable moves, hopefully it will let you import your Mii's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom