• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not really convinced on how interesting Starfy could be. I think he has enough going for him to be playable, but I'll just have to trust that he has enough to draw from his games to make him interesting...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
With Olimar that could be really harsh. It could JUMP him up on the tier placement
if he had nothing but Purple heavy Pikmin.

And D3's random toss is what makes it unique. Actually, the randomness of each of these moves
is what makes them good. I think Nintendo knew what they were doing.

This refers to KumaOso's post.
It doesn't work that way necessarily. Each of the Pikmin have a type of weakness.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Olimar_(SSBB)#Pikmin_types_and_effects
Therefore, you gotta be strategic when playing Olimar. You can't have a team entirely of this or that. Not only that, but you would have to change the way the Pikmin behave AND how you can order the Pikmin so you can maintain unpredictability and adaptability.

Randomness coming from moves is merely a gimmick. It's pretty much hoping you get the best version of that move coming out, and I don't find that fun. You can have a reason why you would want one thing for Dedede to toss in one situation over the others.

I was just thinking about Peach and her turnips while playing her last night. I was thinking to myself "If the competitive community hates randomness, then why would they allow Peach? She can throw bombs! RANDOMLY!"

I also hate how Melee had two jump buttons, and two ways to jump, yet they didn't make a long and short jump button. Fail much?
The only reason they allow it is because, like random tripping, there's no way that the game allows you to turn the randomness off.

And yes, it was fail for them not to break the jump into two buttons.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
One thing Starphoenix, please, let this music be one of the selectables in Starfy's stage. This holds so much dear memories to me- I loved listening to it in 2007 (when clearing Stafy 3.)

Sea Of Sky/Puff Top

It could be called as Puff Top when localised. (-lwl-)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
heres my guess for UMvC3AE:

X (as he should be referred to in-game)
Gene
Asura
Sōki

Dr. Octagonapus (I took out Venom for Doc Oc... had to)
Loki
Blade
Mandarin

Scar86

Smash Cadet
I think Turok would be an excellent third party addition. He has a vast arsenal of weapons at his disposal, as well as many energy weapons if violence becomes a reason for concern. His final smash could be the Nuke from the First game.

I also think Saria would make a great addition! she could throw Deku nuts at her enemies, as well as use the fairy slingshot! when she needs to get up close and personal she could use a deku stick and shield. Her final smash could be making all the characters on the stage dance wildly with her famous song. Leaving them open to attack.

The skull kid also has limitless potential, he could use the mask to transform and shoot energy beams and stuff!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
lol star said that there will be 8 more characters! blame him!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
One thing Starphoenix, please, let this music be one of the selectables in Starfy's stage. This holds so much dear memories to me- I loved listening to it in 2007 (when clearing Stafy 3.)

Sea Of Sky/Puff Top

It could be called as Puff Top when localised. (-lwl-)
O.O

I like... So going to Gluglug Lagoon.

Arcade Edition!!? Already?!

I though UMvC3 barely got announced though, am I missing something??

:phone:
It's from Nitsuma's latest interview. Didn't I go over this with you already?

Dude I totally forgot about that, cool.

Yeah, but then nobody discusses how I added an entire second stage to Saturn Valley when I posted that... :\

Yes I'm bitter...

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
I think Turok would be an excellent third party addition. He has a vast arsenal of weapons at his disposal, as well as many energy weapons if violence becomes a reason for concern. His final smash could be the Nuke from the First game.

I also think Saria would make a great addition! she could throw Deku nuts at her enemies, as well as use the fairy slingshot! when she needs to get up close and personal she could use a deku stick and shield. Her final smash could be making all the characters on the stage dance wildly with her famous song. Leaving them open to attack.

The skull kid also has limitless potential, he could use the mask to transform and shoot energy beams and stuff!
That would be cool, but I think he is a tad too violent period.
Then again, I would have said that for the Solid Snake series.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Some Starly footage

As I said before, perhaps Starfy would borrow some of starly's abilities, just to give him more moveset based on his game, despite the fact that they aren't actually his abilities.

Walljump for one. That's a given. Crouching spin maybe? I dunno. Potential there. As I've mentioned before, I choose not to create specific movesets. Seeing the potential is enough for me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The only reason they allow it is because, like random tripping, there's no way that the game allows you to turn the randomness off.

And yes, it was fail for them not to break the jump into two buttons.
I get it, but still, the random is pretty lame. I mean, wouldn't it be better to have attacks that you can control how powerful they are?

Like, what if Peach could charge up turnips, the longer you charge them up, the heavier. That way you can trip up your opponents by throwing small ones that fly further through the air at a faster rate, and then charging up and throwing a slow moving, short distance projectile?

It's from Nitsuma's latest interview. Didn't I go over this with you already?
Not that I recall. I'm not buying the game until all the updates come to a hault.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hextupley: Nice to hear that. Maybe Starly/Stapy would also fit as an alternate color.

Hey guys, what you think I try to work on compherensive Starfy-moveset like the on I did for Lip?
It would again cover the B-moveset (though very detailed), the entrance, etc. I might try to think of A-attacks partially, but until then...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Some Starly footage

As I said before, perhaps Starfy would borrow some of starly's abilities, just to give him more moveset based on his game, despite the fact that they aren't actually his abilities.

Walljump for one. That's a given. Crouching spin maybe? I dunno. Potential there. As I've mentioned before, I choose not to create specific movesets. Seeing the potential is enough for me.
My support for Starfy keeps going up. lol

Either way, something like that will more than likely happen, they already did it to Ness, Lucas, and some of the Pokemon characters.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
An interesting way to "Charge" turnips is to hold down B longer before letting go, where they would grow in size before being plucked, but also hinder throwing distance.

Imagine growing one so big that it becomes like a crate? XD

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i'm just gonna play it from my roommate or my friends seeing as they have no backbone and are feeding off of the teet of capcom.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
An interesting way to "Charge" turnips is to hold down B longer before letting go, where they would grow in size before being plucked, but also hinder throwing distance.
That's the Negative Edge I was referring to.

Scar86

Smash Cadet
That would be cool, but I think he is a tad too violent period.
Then again, I would have said that for the Solid Snake series.
see? haha. I wonder if nintendo even listens to the community?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Instead of crate turnips, I suggest getting a dud bomb.

Dare to ask it again, but you guys want me to make Starfy-moveset for ya, just to see how would he work like? If ya want to see how I do movesets, press my Lip-signature.

I'm now clearing Starfy 2, and try to think of some potential moves for him

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How hard would it be for us to vote on the Japanese poll?

If/When it comes out.

In regaurds to Starfy, to me he's just one of the Smaller Franchise/title characters like Saki, Little Mac, and Isaac that I wouldn't even bat an eyelash at if they became playable.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
WOOOO!!

Just got Saga Frontier!! Happy day indeed!!! :awesome:

gonna play this *****!!!!

*high five*

On the subject of Starfy, here was my write up for him:

Starfy - This is where I begin to differentiate from the pack. While being an AT can either be a pro or con depending upon whom you ask. I'm not really getting into that discussion here as that is not the purpose..

Starfy has had a relatively extensive history, with 5 titles in total for his series as of now. Audiences overseas are now able to play a Starfy game as his series has begun to expand overseas, which still shows a future. The director of his series has expressed interest in developing a console title as well as more games. He tends to get thrown into the "lack of moves" camp, but just viewing some of his games on Youtube alone will portray his flexibilty versus how he may have appeared in Brawl.

Another common misconception is that Sakurai somehow hold's a juvenile grudge against this series? The truth is, he doesn't. He is a grown man that isn't extraordinarily obsessed or proud so as to hold a grudge over a game that is only similar in difficulty and "cuteness". "What about that Brawl update"? The way I see it, he probably has some vague knowledge of the rumours also. Chances are he was just playing along with it. The biggest thing hurting him at the time was the series not having a presence beyond Japan, now that this no longer appears an issue I see no reason why our cute little yellow fellow cannot join the rough tough pink puff?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Question is, how would we understand it, and when would it take place, before development?

We can only hope before development, but it wouldn't be insanely hard to understand with google translate. I mean, that thing is a mess, but you get the general feel of what is being said most of the time. Not to mention we probably have some people in the community who would translate. I'm just wondering will we be able to even get to the site?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Question is, how would we understand it, and when would it take place, before development?

Depending on how it is done we may or may not be able to use google translate.

But if worst comes to worst, I'd be more then happy to translate for everyone. ;)

D

Deleted member

HextupleyooDOT said:
Also... given the nature of Assist trophies as really simplified computer players (essentially), don't you guys think Assist trophies should really outnumber playable characters?
If it's filled with characters that few people want/unimportant characters, I would support this.
Young Horsetail said:
I'm curious if you want this alliance as part of PCAM as well like Panel De Pwnage. If so, just make a site for Starfy and we're set.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Not that I recall. I'm not buying the game until all the updates come to a hault.
I have to agree with you. It made me very glad that I didn't get vanilla MvC3. I'm going to hold out until all 58 characters are playable.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
How hard would it be for us to vote on the Japanese poll?
Should not be hard if we can translate it.
--- said:
But if worst comes to worst, I'd be more then happy to translate for everyone.
That would be awesome. Meaning that everyone can still participate. We also have xIblisx and shinhed-echi helping us.

@Starphoenix: I'd like to see your write-up of all the characters you made in the SSB4 discussion. I'd be willing to debate with you on some characters even if you're up for it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

But if worst comes to worst, I'd be more then happy to translate for everyone. ;)
You'd be so dear for us when doing that. How touching and nice.

SSBFan: I'll try to get the site done when I can. Doing these blogs are hard. Of course, let Starfy's alliance be part of the PCAM. (-^^-)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
We can only hope before development, but it wouldn't be insanely hard to understand with google translate. I mean, that thing is a mess, but you get the general feel of what is being said most of the time. Not to mention we probably have some people in the community who would translate. I'm just wondering will we be able to even get to the site?
I'd say if that were to happen the site would crash if alot of people knew about a translated poll by Sakurai, better to keep it hush, hush to ourselfs. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, pretty much the only way we can keep it a secret to ourselves is to PM discussions in regards to the translation of the site.

But I don't want ---/shinhed-echi/xIblisx to have to deal with the trouble in the first place.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

That would be wonderful, xIblisx could also help as well, now if Sakurai or someone leaked that poll then......

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We would have to find out what the Japanese names were for all of our characters. Although Wikipedia can supply us with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom