• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
so do you think 3ds and the wii u version be released at the same time considering the 3ds version should get done first?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Please, let Megaman and Roll be in UMVSC 3. They're the missing Mario Bros!

About Dojo, I'm now trying to avoid the other pages expect the starter characters (so no unlockables).

I've also come into conclusion to support Starfy and Saki fully. Lip's again my wildcard character- 98% not appearing, but if she does, expect me to spaz and hug all you guys for 340 hours.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Why not Medusa? Just curious?
Just a hunch. Sakurai treated Palutena as a super-powerful goddess person, and medusa seems to be treated that way in KI. I feel like putting somebody like Medusa would be the equivalent of putting Nightmare from Kirby as a playable character.

I'm not against it. I just don't think it'll happen.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Speaking of Saki... I hope the assist trophies, should they come back, don't have crappy models like they did in Brawl. I think I've expressed that sentiment before....

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I just wish they release it before it can

1) get better sales
2) guarantee no universal roster
3) tied ppl over

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just a hunch. Sakurai treated Palutena as a super-powerful goddess person, and medusa seems to be treated that way in KI. I feel like putting somebody like Medusa would be the equivalent of putting Nightmare from Kirby as a playable character.

I'm not against it. I just don't think it'll happen.
Huh? Well if you think about it, Ridley was a hulking monstrosity. So if characters cannot change then I guess Ridley is already out of the equation too as that is Sakurai's interpretation of him. :p

@ Star: 8 more characters for UMvC3?!!! True?!!

:phone:
Looks like it, I'm calling it.

Capcom:
Megaman X
Gene
Asura
Brood Ryu :p

Marvel:
Black Widow
Loki
Gambit
Green Goblin

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Please, let Megaman and Roll be in MVSC 3. They're the missing Mario Bros!

About Dojo, I'm now trying to avoid the other pages expect the starter characters (so no unlockables).

I've also come into conclusion to support Starfy and Saki fully. Lip's again my wildcard character- 98% not appearing, but if she does, expect me to spaz and hug all you guys for 340 hours.
Good luck trying to avoid any spoilers here once they are revealed. :p

I honestly would love to see Lip, even though I've never played any of her games something just draws me to her, it's weird, like she has some attracting aura or something, Starfy? Hmm.. How would he work? Just curious.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here are the Melee polls for all who are interested.

[COLLAPSE="Melee Polls"]Super Mario series
(1) Koopa: 169 (Bowser)
(2) Princess Peach: 66
(3) Wario: 65
(4) Kinopio: 27 (Toad)
(5) Nokonoko: 9 (Koopa Troopa)
(6) Kamec: 8 (Magikoopa)
(7) Kuribou: 7 (Goomba)
(8) Mallow (Mario RPG): 5
(8) Geno (Mario RPG): 5
(10) Baby Mario: 3

Pocket Monsters series
(1) Mewtwo: 35
(2) Mew: 24
(3) Satoshi (main character): 18
(4) someone from Pokemon: 12
(5) Lugia: 11
(6) Nyarth: 8 (Meowth)
(7) Raichu: 7
(8) Maril: 5
(8) Fushigidane: 5 (Bulbasaur)
(8) Togepy: 5

Legend of Zelda series
(1) Ganon (including Ganondorf): 36
(2) Young Link: 8
(2) Princess Zelda: 8
(2) Sheik: 8
(5) Darunia: 2

Kirby of the Stars series
(1) Great King Dedede: 46
(2) Gooey: 17
(3) Meta Knight: 11
(4) someone of Kirby’s comrades: 10
(5) Waddle Dee: 3

Mother series
(1) Dosei-san: 18 (Mr. Saturn)
(2) Poo: 6
(3) main character of Mother 2, etc: 4 (Earthbound)
(3) Paula: 4
(5) Starman: 3
(5) Jeff: 3

Star Fox
(1) Falco: 7
(2) Slippy: 5
(3) Wolf: 4
(4) Peppy: 2

Fire Emblem series
(1) Marth: 21
(2) someone from Fire Emblem: 18
(3) Oguma: 8
(4) Celice: 4
(5) Siglud: 2
(5) Leaf: 2

related to the Rare company
(1) 007 James Bond: 35
(2) Banjo & Kazooie: 18
(3) Diddy Kong: 15
(4) Blast Dozer robot (nothing specific): 2 (Blast Corps)
(4) 006 Trevelyan: 2

various Famicom / Super Famicom forces (NES / SNES)
(1) Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight): 15
(2) Lip (Panel de Pon): 9
(3) Prince Richard (The Bell Tolls for the Frog): 8
(4) Metroid (Metroid series): 6
(4) Blacky (Wrecking Crew): 6 (Spike)
(6) Pit-kun (Parthena’s Mirror): 5 ((Kid Icarus))
(6) main character of Shin Onigashima: 5
(6) main characters of Marvelous: 5
(9) Samurai Goroh (F-ZERO): 4
(9) Popo & Nana (Ice Climber): 4
(9) main character of Balloon Fight: 4

these are non-Nintendo forces
(1) Chocobo: 9
(2) Doraemon: 7
(3) Bomberman: 5
(4) Crash Bandicoot: 4
(5) Sonic: 3
(5) Rockman: 3 (Mega Man)

[/COLLAPSE]

@Star, Give me Bass EX, and Cammy and I'll be happy. Black Widow is a major plus though.

Good luck trying to avoid any spoilers here once they are revealed.
Major reason why during the last few weeks before SSB4 is released I won't be on this site.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Same goes for Pokeballs. Pretty sure most of them used the same old Pokemon Stadium models.
Well that 3DS pokedex has some miiiiighty fine models if I do say so myself. And that's a 3DS app. Hopefully the Wii U really shows off.

I mean seriously. The Wii U is a powerhouse, so it has no right giving us mediocre game assets. No right. Come on, guys, let's go protest in front of Sakurai's office.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Also... given the nature of Assist trophies as really simplified computer players (essentially), don't you guys think Assist trophies should really outnumber playable characters?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Trophies better have also scratch-made models like in Melee. I was sickened to see how much models were recycled like there was no tomorrow.

Omega: Any Puzzle League-games work, but if you want to see how's Lip like, try Panel De Pon for SNES- ya can also have a look at videos in youtube.

I also wondered how would Starfy work first, aside from his special moves. But then thugh he'd have grear aerial play as to reflect his movement underwater.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@shortie: are those official? From where were these polls taken from??

Yeah, they're official.

Here's the link.

Trophies better have also scratch-made models like in Melee. I was sickened to see how much models were recycled like there was no tomorrow.
This. So much this. I loved Melee's trophies, but Brawl had the lamest set ever.

Also... given the nature of Assist trophies as really simplified computer players (essentially), don't you guys think Assist trophies should really outnumber playable characters?
Of course. I think I'll make a list of assist trophies sometime, that sounds fun.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, it's too bad there weren't many of them. More of the Brawl hopefuls should have shown up in Assist Trophy form. LIKE SUKAPOOON.

Also I just noticed we only had 2 more Pokeballs than in Melee. >:I

And I agree with the trophies-from-scratch sentiment, lol.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
See I think they Assist Characters should utilize more of the smaller enemies and such. Like Koopa Troopa, Goomba, Darknut, Starman (EB), etc... Although the one thing I hated is how bland all of the AT's looked. Only Saki and Gray Fox were the two who seemed to have the most polish.

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Do we have an official Roster Wishlist thread? Cause i haz some suggestions! :D

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I also wondered how would Starfy work first, aside from his special moves. But then thugh he'd have grear aerial play as to reflect his movement underwater.
I'm sure watching some Starfy gameplay would help your imagination, if you haven't already seen some gameplay.

I also imagine that some of Starly's unique abilities would be given to Starfy, given I highly doubt both characters would be put in. Zelda was given Link's spell abilities, so I think it would make sense.

Watching some starfy footage right now. The guy's adorable. Running around on land like a crazy person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFxY-UdsmMk

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
.Omega: Any Puzzle League-games work, but if you want to see how's Lip like, try Panel De Pon for SNES- ya can also have a look at videos in youtube.

Cool, guess I'm going to check those Lip games soon, any newer ones?

Starfy would be unique indeed, I wonder if Sakurai would put in any effort towards it's moveset, much less his inclusion, I wonder.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I have a question for you guys. Let's say that we get rid of the randomness that exists in certain moves? How would you remove them?

For me, here's what I do.

Peach
Down B's differing turnip strengths come out based on negative edge. Peach can hold down the B button and then hold down + release to pull out the turnip. The longer it's held, the stronger it is.

Mr. Game and Watch
See above for Judgment.

Dedede
Make up side B and down side B used where you can release the three different attacks from the toss, balance accordingly too.

Luigi
"Misfire" (this should really be replaced) is activate by pressing Side A+B and leaves Luigi in a helpless state and does 15% (or something) recoil upon landing.

Olimar
B is now considered a "stance" move. Doing either left, right, down, or A will pull out a particular Pikmin color. B in the stance is a feint.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
With Olimar that could be really harsh. It could JUMP him up on the tier placement
if he had nothing but Purple heavy Pikmin.

And D3's random toss is what makes it unique. Actually, the randomness of each of these moves
is what makes them good. I think Nintendo knew what they were doing.

This refers to KumaOso's post.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm sure watching some Starfy gameplay would help your imagination, if you haven't already seen some gameplay.

I also imagine that some of Starly's unique abilities would be given to Starfy, given I highly doubt both characters would be put in. Zelda was given Link's spell abilities, so I think it would make sense.

Watching some starfy footage right now. The guy's adorable. Running around on land like a crazy person.

I'm now clearing Stafy 2 myself. A-attacks might be problematic, though I already know his special moves...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Wow, I wasn't sure about Starfy until now. He actually has a good moveset potential (thinking he'd have poor range, lots of kill moves, and average recovery).

I'm going to have to chance my roster now. lol

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was just thinking about Peach and her turnips while playing her last night. I was thinking to myself "If the competitive community hates randomness, then why would they allow Peach? She can throw bombs! RANDOMLY!"

I also hate how Melee had two jump buttons, and two ways to jump, yet they didn't make a long and short jump button. Fail much?

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
I was just thinking about Peach and her turnips while playing her last night. I was thinking to myself "If the competitive community hates randomness, then why would they allow Peach? She can throw bombs! RANDOMLY!"

I also hate how Melee had two jump buttons, and two ways to jump, yet they didn't make a long and short jump button. Fail much?
Not with items turned off right?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Guess this means I can post my Starfy stage concept.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12904106&postcount=13
Hey Star, can I suggest some elements to that stage? Trying to corporate some Starfy elements, like pearls, that mermaid shell, etc.

For Starfy, here's what I think would fit him as special moves:

B: Spinning Star

Side B: Whirling Star (Can also become Shooting Star when you smash the Side B like Samus's Super Missile command)

Down B: Falling Star (which also could be a meteor attack by Down A)

Up B
: Kyorosuke/Moe Spin? (Stafy 4)

He could also whack guys with Moe as his forward Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom