• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm definitely excited for when the real hype begins to happen. 'm also majorly excited for this poll that, IF he does it correctly, should be coming out at least in Japan, by late September. Hopefully Sakurai doesn't make a poll months after the roster has already been decided. >.>

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I'm sure if I applied, I wouldn't get the job. Oh... and I can't read Japanese, so I can't navigate the site. =P

MechaWave

Smash Champion
1. Understand Japanese.
2. Fit the qualifications.
3. SIGNUP.

The site is very vague. It has a page showing its company information. A page of its location. Employment page. And Iwata Asks.

Also Hex. The graphic designer application says you must work in PhotoShop. I don't know if you do but yeah... that is what they use. ._.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I WONDER if we'll be able to tell what characters, if any, in Uprising are "made for Smash." ...I really hope it's not Magnus.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: Okay I'll definitely check it out seeing Paper Mario is my favorite series ever. ^_^
Well it's up if you'd like to see it. :)

I look forward to seeing how Uprising effects our speculation for Sm4sh. Sakurai will surely draw from it a lot.

(Oh goodness, that probably means the Kid Icarus UI is what we'll get for Sm4sh, lol)
Well it will give me ideas on future stage concepts and KI music! :D

I think he should, y'know, hire a real graphic designer to design the UI. Good grief. It's only a few thousand dollars at the most....

...I'll do it! =D
Only if you bring me in as a stage designer, I'd love love LOVE to work on stages. I mean I"ll possibly be taking a video game design course in my IT classes.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I WONDER if we'll be able to tell what characters, if any, in Uprising are "made for Smash." ...I really hope it's not Magnus.
I'm hoping it's Medusa, or the Black Knight knock off. Not Magnus. . .

Well Retro was hiring recently . . . :o

Probably for the lineup of new Wii U games.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
It's Magnus. Sakurai is in love with himself. It's the whole reason he took on Kid Icarus in the first place. XP

Mostly Joking. Mostly.....

MechaWave

Smash Champion
IHopefully Sakurai doesn't make a poll months after the roster has already been decided. >.>
Can someone give me information on that poll? What happened when it happened?

I wasn't really looking up that information because all I did was look at the Dojo, not SmashBoards (I didn't even know about it at the time.)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
SUPPOSEDLY HE WAS PRETTY HUMBLE WHEN IT CAME TO SHOWING OFF HIS OWN KIRBY STUFF IN SMASH... The first two at least.

I mean, MAYBE Magnus will turn out to be cool, but surely he'd understand that MEDUSA is the more iconic (AND INTERESTING IN EVERY WAY) character than his new creations... HOPEFULLY...

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hey, Hex! i just watched you on DeviantART. saw the pikachu on the front page and it was an instant watch & fave

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Really? I just thought Brawl was ruined (even further) by the fact that I knew everything before I played it. I also ATE THE LEAKS UP. The first few days after the game was released. Which is something I will not do this time around. I'm promising myself this.
Same here, DOJO was totally a mixed blessing. I think everyone went in assuming we wouldn't be faced with so many spoilers as we were faced with previews.

I don't blame Sakurai though, revealing those characters was amazing for hype... but I may need to go dark when those updates come around. Melee was so fun I recall mainly due to the amazement I felt when I was faced with "A New Challenger Has Approached!" and I went slack jawed to see Mewtwo. It was awesome.

But now... eh. DOJO updates were a lot of fun, they were... but actually getting the game was bittersweet.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
hey, Hex! i just watched you on DeviantART. saw the pikachu on the front page and it was an instant watch & fave
Haha, yeah, there's a reason I keep that on the front page. XP It's by far my most well-known piece. Thanks for the watch! It's much appreciated. =D

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Magnus totally looks like a final fantasy character, reminds me of Squall or Jecht.

:phone:
One of my comments in regards to Magnus was:

"J-Jecht? Is that you?"

This about sums it up.

[COLLAPSE="Truth"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
It's Magnus. Sakurai is in love with himself. It's the whole reason he took on Kid Icarus in the first place. XP

Mostly Joking. Mostly.....
why is it, anyone loves Magnus so much. He had a total of one line and two shots in the trailer.
I see Magnus as an expansion of the Kid Icarus universe (being the first human ever shown). But he can't be a permanent addition to the cast. We learned, that Uprising plays 23 years after Kid Icarus NES. Palutena, Medusa (kinda) and Pit didn't change, as they are immortal beings. A further 23 years into the future, Magnus will be dead (probably)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@Hex: what piece of art are you talking about, I am very curious, if it's in your sig, I can't see it since I use a phone lol..

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Can someone give me information on that poll? What happened when it happened?

I wasn't really looking up that information because all I did was look at the Dojo, not SmashBoards (I didn't even know about it at the time.)
The Brawl Polls were never relased to the public, unlike the Melee polls. Skaurai did have a blog where he read fan mail and discussed character ideas with them. This was released to the public.

All I know for Fact about the Brawl polls is:

Sonic was one of the highest voted characters

Krystal had enough votes for Sakurai to notice her.

Rumors are:

Wolf, and Geno were highly requested as well. But these are just rumors.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
The Brawl Polls were never relased to the public, unlike the Melee polls. Skaurai did have a blog where he read fan mail and discussed character ideas with them. This was released to the public.

All I know for Fact about the Brawl polls is:

Sonic was one of the highest voted characters

Krystal had enough votes for Sakurai to notice her.
WHAT?! MELEE POLLS?! MORE INFO PLEASE.

And good about Krystal. Can't wait to see her in SSB4. :3

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wonder if the e3 trailer will be any hype? Geno or Megaman much??
Hmm, that reminds me.

In the upcoming months we should keep an eye out on Capcom, as they're notorious for "accidentally" leaking game info.

Ex. A hour after the announcement of UMvC3, all the remaining characters were leaked.

So if a Capcom character is in Smash, there is a good chance we may find out before we even know Mario is in. :awesome:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Omega: The only character I know that was a popular request was Saki.

A little off topic, but is relevant.

It looks like Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will be getting ANOTHER 8 characters. Since Megaman and Gene were admitted to being on the final list, I have a feeling they will be a part of that.

Which means all of this Megaman pessimism will diminish slightly.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
why is it, anyone loves Magnus so much. He had a total of one line and two shots in the trailer.
I see Magnus as an expansion of the Kid Icarus universe (being the first human ever shown). But he can't be a permanent addition to the cast. We learned, that Uprising plays 23 years after Kid Icarus NES. Palutena, Medusa (kinda) and Pit didn't change, as they are immortal beings. A further 23 years into the future, Magnus will be dead (probably)
I don't love magnus. I'm just saying that Sakurai loves his own creations, and will probably put them in SSB4, even if nobody wants them but him.

@Hex: what piece of art are you talking about, I am very curious, if it's in your sig, I can't see it since I use a phone lol..

Oh. It's my "Real Pikachu." Click it if you want to see.

D

Deleted member

I think next time, we need to copy paste and save the results on the poll (if we can look at the results) so that even if he never officially reveals it, we will know. And if the poll is in Japanese, we can get xIblisx and shinhed-echi to translate it for us.

I'm hoping it lets you choose any characters you want for SSB4.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Magnus is dumb. But Medusa's alright.

I hope Sakurai will have another poll.

Palutena = apart of Pit's Final Smash.

OmegaXXII

I don't love magnus. I'm just saying that Sakurai loves his own creations, and will probably put them in SSB4, even if nobody wants them but him.

Oh. It's my "Real Pikachu." Click it if you want to see.

Oh gosh, that some work of art you have there, very ammusing for an artist such as yourself, nice work! :)

@Star: Saki was actually popular during Brawl's hype? This got me wondering if he has a good chance for Smash 4, do you think he does?

D

Deleted member

--- said:
In the upcoming months we should keep an eye out on Capcom, as they're notorious for "accidentally" leaking game info.

Ex. A hour after the announcement of UMvC3, all the remaining characters were leaked.

So if a Capcom character is in Smash, there is a good chance we may find out before we even know Mario is in.
This is a good point, however, since this is a Nintendo game, I'm not going to expect a Capcom character leak anytime soon if we get one.
Starphoenix said:
It looks like Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will be getting ANOTHER 8 characters. Since Megaman and Gene were admitted to being on the final list, I have a feeling they will be a part of that.
Very interested to see where you heard about it. Will it be like an Arcade Edition? I want to wait until I get the best and final edition of the game before I consider it.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Medusa will prolly get in somehow too. Not playable, but prolly as a boss or something.
YOU!
Y U NO MAKE ME ART??!!

Btw,You guys should worry about the characters that are already getting in.Newcomers and hidden characters will be revealed in due time.

OmegaXXII

Magnus is dumb. But Medusa's alright.

I hope Sakurai will have another poll.

Palutena = apart of Pit's Final Smash.

How is she dumb? If anything she would offer an interesting moveset, plus she's an antagonist, though I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up as an SSE boss if Sakurai wanted to, which I guess would be fine.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: Saki was actually popular during Brawl's hype? This got me wondering if he has a good chance for Smash 4, do you think he does?

Apparently he did:

Saki Amamiya appears from Sin & Punishment: Successor to the Earth! This title is currently available via the Virtual Console. He uses his weapon, the Cannon Sword, which combines a sword and a gun into one to slice and shoot!

As with the original title, he speaks in English.

He rivals just about any main character. There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!

H-he has absolutely no problem fitting in!
As for will he? I'll repost my discussion of him from over in the SSB4 Discussion Group:

Saki Amamiya - This one is a little bit tougher, because he does have some things holding him back. Right out of the gate I'll begin with his biggest obstacle, that is his series. His series, out of most all of the series in the game, is among the smallest and least selling. His being an Assist Trophy probably had much too do with the fact that the original 64 title was available only to Japan. So during the time of development they could have been implementing him without knowledge of it's release on the Virtual Console (though I doubt this). Which, the Virtual Console title did sell well overseas. It was because of the sales of the VC title that Treasure even decided to go to Iwata and ask about developing a sequel (Sin and Punishment: Star Successor). To which Iwata allowed them to develop.

Being in Brawl has probably helped him the most out of any character. Even for people who have never played Sin and Punishment, they will be able to loook and Saki and say "wasn't that that guy from Brawl? That trophy thing?". In fact they put so much detail into his AT that Sakurai was practically teasing how playable he looked against the other characters. Also admitting he had been a popular request in Japan. Now with Saki having fans beyond the border of Japan, coupled with those same fans that made him a popular request to begin with. Sakurai may decide to go ahead and flesh him out. Possibly even integrating some elements of the sequel into him.

Very interested to see where you heard about it. Will it be like an Arcade Edition? I want to wait until I get the best and final edition of the game before I consider it.
It just came from an intervie from Nitsuma. Apparently he has stated that he wanted to include an additional 8 characters into the game to bring the roster to 58, but the higher executives wanted to release the game by Christmas. So he has had to release it with the characters it has. This all but confirms we will either see another version or DLC characters.

CAW from Gamefaqs had a buddy who translated it, and he says the translation is accurate.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
How is she dumb? If anything she would offer an interesting moveset, plus she's an antagonist, though I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up as an SSE boss if Sakurai wanted to, which I guess would be fine.

I said MAGNUS. Not Medusa. o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom