• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was wondering if a place like the Bell Tower could fix the problem with scrolling stages. I guess you'd start at the bottom, then you'd damage the "ceiling" enough for it to break, causing the screen to scroll up to the next floor. Would be a little bit more... controlled I suppose.

Would look pretty weird though. :I

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@Star: I like it. We don't have many actual Japanese references in Smash.

Okay then. I'm not going to elaborate it though. I'm using Star's stage layout. :3

Series: Paper Mario
Icon: Paper airplane
Stage Name: Battleground

So this is Paper Mario's home stage. The crowd in front of you, watching you fight and a dynamic backdrop that is animated with some static images (such as trees.) Each backdrop is animated and sometimes have enemies that aren't actually apart of the stage.

Stage hazards aren't a very huge deal here. Here's the list:
• The static images (such as paper rocks, paper trees, etc.) apart of the backdrop has a chance of falling. They fall slowly and don't cause a lot of knockback or damage.
• There are these things in front of the stage you fight on that shower you with flames or ice. These aren't too much of a deal unless you're at a high percent.
• The audience will throw stuff at you. Be it may rocks or something else. These items cause very low knockback. If items are set to ON they will throw some.

There are a wide variety of dynamic backdrops that change as the fight continues. Some backdrops have extra static platforms that are like a pop-out storybook.

If you pick this stage and Goombella is chosen as your partner, pressing Down for your taunt will make her tattle your opponent like Snake's codec. She'll say wacky things. Other partners will say something too but just something random and not about your opponent.

This stage is sort of like PictoChat but the hazards aren't incredibly annoying. This stage also has a fairly high ceiling (upper blastline) when there aren't any platforms.

The main transformation is long and flat like Final Destination. In design it takes after the A-rank for the ground. One backdrop transforms into the Glitz Pit Areana with Jolene in the backdrop! The camera even focuses on you.

And that is my stage. I must now leave you kind people.
Oh yea, a "stage" based stage for P.Mario seems more interesting, lots of stage hazards as well, not to mention iconic backgrounds from it's games would make it interesting, I definetly like this one.

Music selection should also be added from TTYD and SPM, awesome.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Like the stage idea MechaWave. It does Paper Mario justice. While I went the direction of having an actual locale (Toad Town) you opted for an all encompassing stage. Which is just as cool. I'd call it "The Stage", has a nice ring to it.

Taking from my PM stage concept, here would be a nice track listing, made a couple of adjustments:

Paper Mario - Koopa Bros.
Paper Mario - Tubba Blubba
Paper Mario - Tutankoopa
Paper Mario - Bowser, King of Koopas
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - X-naut Fortress
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - Shadow Queen
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - File Load
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door - Dooplis
Super Paper Mario - Mr. L and Big Bro
Super Paper Mario - The Ultimate Show
Super Paper Mario - Francis
Super Mario RPG - Armed Boss (per Square's allowance)

I'll be honest, "The Stage" was my original idea for a Paper Mario stage... So props to you man, I like it.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Sorry if it's bad. Paper Mario doesn't need a fancy stage tbh. I didn't want to put a lot of effort into something he doesn't have to have explained thoroughly (his moveset was enough.)

@Star: Very nice. I'm not too good with music choices.

I should also mention Battleground doesn't have walk-off blastlines because there's these two huge speakers that play the music, just like in the games.

Thank you though. ^__^

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's better than Star's IMO but it's just as good as Tin Tower though, both great concepts.

Oh I have no qualms admitting it, it is definitely a better stage concept. I was very unsatisfied with my PM stage concept. Should have gone with Plan A. lol :p

This makes me want to go back and revise my PM stage... I have some different ideas that Mecha didn't use.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Sarah Palin should be a character on SSB4.

Sarah Palin:

Sarah would be a medium weight character. Her grab, spot dodge, air dodge, shield rolls, jump speed and falling speed would be average. Her pro's would be her great ground game, great projectile, and great recovery. Her cons would be her terrible air game, weak grabs, and small hitboxes on her air attacks.
*This star means it's a good KO move
: This means that attack is laggy
$ This means the attack has small amount of knock back

Moveset:
Attack- fast punch, Kick, slow powerful punch (3%-3%-7%)
Up Tilt- Puts her hands up (16%) * $
Down Tilt- Sits on floor and kicks (12%) $
Foward Tilt- Swings her leg out in front of her (Chargable, the more it's charged, the more lag) (15-22%) *

Special- (Projectile) She would throw shoes in front of her (Just like G&W's pancakes) (7%) : (It comes out from behind her)
Side Special- (Projectile) Throws lipstick at people (little lag, far range) (12%) * (Comes out from behind her)
Up Special- Hangs on to a helicopter and it brings her in any direction for 2 seconds. (8%) It can get stuck under something solid, just like snakes recovery, but it's easier to control. Not effected by water, and she has some invincibility frames when she gets off.
Down Special- (Projectile) Throws a crumbled paper on the floor that says "Obama 2012" on it, and anyone except her that go's over it trips, no damage. (Pulls it out of her pocket)

Nair- Spins 360* while kicking in air (14%) : $
Dair- Meteor smash, that attack will end once she is KO'd or hits the ground, She would kick her legs down 3 times. (small hitbox) (4%) *
Fair- Punch then kick (high ending lag) (16%) *
Bair- Kicks backwards- (Fast, no lag, meteor smash, but very small hitboxes) (18%) *
Uair- She punches upward- (great killing move when on top of stage, decent hitbox,) *

Grab:
Down- Puts opponent under her and bits them (4%) $
Foward- Throws opponent in front of her (4%) $
Back- Throws opponent in back of her (4%) $
Up- Throws opponent over her (4%) (Can KO by 240%)
Hit- 1%

Ledge attack- Roll's onto stage with legs out in front of her (Hitboxes are where her legs are) (6%) $
Ledge attack over 100%- Roll's onto stage and punches (8%) $

Taunts:
Up- She yells "Obama needs to go"
Down- She cheers "Let's go Tea Party"
Side- Waves her hand and says "Yeah!"

Final Smash- Angry Tea partiers come on the stage and start kicking everyone for 7 seconds. Each kick is 5% damage. Does no KO usually. Sarah is invincible during these 7 seconds and cannot move.

Smashes:
Down- Kick hers legs in borth directions (10-16%) *
Up- Raises both hands in the air (12-18%) $
Side- 100* kick (12-16%) *

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Do you think we'll see a trailer this coming E3 2012? Do you think they'll be far enough in development?

Also, is there anyone else out there who might not go to the DOJO!!! or Smashboards once/if the DOJO!!! opens?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
This makes me want to go back and revise my PM stage... I have some different ideas that Mecha didn't use.
Well I went with the basics. Feel free to build on to it. I give you permission to do so.

To be honest, I sleep during the day and wake up at night. I can't believe I'm awake right now so it explains my lackluster presentation of it.

Do you think we'll see a trailer this coming E3 2012? Do you think they'll be far enough in development?

Also, is there anyone else out there who might not go to the DOJO!!! or Smashboards once/if the DOJO!!! opens?
The game is going to be in development for 2-3 years, meaning a 2014 release is highly likely. I don't think there will be a trailer but probably a roundtable discussion with Sakurai's plans. There will be one at E3 2013 for sure. In fact a GDC 2013 trailer seems likely too.

About the DOJO: I'll go to it. People will be so pissed because Sakurai is going to troll them. xD

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Also I envision paper mario be a reverse pokemon trainer, where you can switch between partners in the match, it will be no more complicated then pokemon trainer.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I went with the basics. Feel free to build on to it. I give you permission to do so.

To be honest, I sleep during the day and wake up at night. I can't believe I'm awake right now so it explains my lackluster presentation of it.
Yeah I just don't want for it to seem like I'm stealing your thunder. So I'm not going to post it here, if someone wants to see it fantastic, it'll be in my blog. But I want to be fair, you have a great concept and should receive the proper recognition.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Apparently it will have had more development time than Brawl did before its E3 trailer by about a month and a half IF I REMEMBER WHAT FATMANONICE SAID CORRECTLY.

And I'll be all over that DOJO when it opens, lol.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Apparently it will have had more development time than Brawl did before its E3 trailer by about a month and a half IF I REMEMBER WHAT FATMANONICE SAID CORRECTLY.
Project Sora employment page explicitly states development will begin October 2011 and last approximatley 2-3 years.

@Star: Okay I'll definitely check it out seeing Paper Mario is my favorite series ever. ^_^

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Project Sora employment page explicitly states development will begin October 2011 and last approximatley 2-3 years.

@Star: Okay I'll definitely check it out seeing Paper Mario is my favorite series ever. ^_^
And Brawl started development October 2005 and we got a trailer for E3 2006.

OmegaXXII

Sarah Palin should be a character on SSB4.

Sarah Palin:

Sarah would be a medium weight character. Her grab, spot dodge, air dodge, shield rolls, jump speed and falling speed would be average. Her pro's would be her great ground game, great projectile, and great recovery. Her cons would be her terrible air game, weak grabs, and small hitboxes on her air attacks.
*This star means it's a good KO move
: This means that attack is laggy
$ This means the attack has small amount of knock back

Moveset:
Attack- fast punch, Kick, slow powerful punch (3%-3%-7%)
Up Tilt- Puts her hands up (16%) * $
Down Tilt- Sits on floor and kicks (12%) $
Foward Tilt- Swings her leg out in front of her (Chargable, the more it's charged, the more lag) (15-22%) *

Special- (Projectile) She would throw shoes in front of her (Just like G&W's pancakes) (7%) : (It comes out from behind her)
Side Special- (Projectile) Throws lipstick at people (little lag, far range) (12%) * (Comes out from behind her)
Up Special- Hangs on to a helicopter and it brings her in any direction for 2 seconds. (8%) It can get stuck under something solid, just like snakes recovery, but it's easier to control. Not effected by water, and she has some invincibility frames when she gets off.
Down Special- (Projectile) Throws a crumbled paper on the floor that says "Obama 2012" on it, and anyone except her that go's over it trips, no damage. (Pulls it out of her pocket)

Nair- Spins 360* while kicking in air (14%) : $
Dair- Meteor smash, that attack will end once she is KO'd or hits the ground, She would kick her legs down 3 times. (small hitbox) (4%) *
Fair- Punch then kick (high ending lag) (16%) *
Bair- Kicks backwards- (Fast, no lag, meteor smash, but very small hitboxes) (18%) *
Uair- She punches upward- (great killing move when on top of stage, decent hitbox,) *

Grab:
Down- Puts opponent under her and bits them (4%) $
Foward- Throws opponent in front of her (4%) $
Back- Throws opponent in back of her (4%) $
Up- Throws opponent over her (4%) (Can KO by 240%)
Hit- 1%

Ledge attack- Roll's onto stage with legs out in front of her (Hitboxes are where her legs are) (6%) $
Ledge attack over 100%- Roll's onto stage and punches (8%) $

Taunts:
Up- She yells "Obama needs to go"
Down- She cheers "Let's go Tea Party"
Side- Waves her hand and says "Yeah!"

Final Smash- Angry Tea partiers come on the stage and start kicking everyone for 7 seconds. Each kick is 5% damage. Does no KO usually. Sarah is invincible during these 7 seconds and cannot move.

Smashes:
Down- Kick hers legs in borth directions (10-16%) *
Up- Raises both hands in the air (12-18%) $
Side- 100* kick (12-16%) *
OMG!! I love it!! But

OBAMA DISAGREES!!!!

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: That would be a simple but great stage to fight on. Would be a great home stage for Mewtwo/Victini.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh it did? Well then nevermind. An E3 2012 trailer is possible since Sakurai will have a larger team.
ALTHOUGH with Brawl Sakurai already had most of his plans written down. He's just diving right in to Sm4sh. I guess that may mean it's less likely for us to get a trailer.

HOPE NOT.

OmegaXXII

Chris, you are wrong, please give reasons why Pokemon Trainer would be axed?

Replaced by another gen trainer? Yes Axed? No!!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
ALTHOUGH with Brawl Sakurai already had most of his plans written down. He's just diving right in to Sm4sh. I guess that may mean it's less likely for us to get a trailer.

HOPE NOT.
Well he has to be making plans now. Project Sora employment page states sound workers will begin their production in August 2011.

The only thing preoccupying him is Uprising's launch.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:

Since we got it in Brawl, I expect a trailer for E3 2012, although I can see it being pushed until E3 2013.

I would definitely go to the DOJO!!!/Smashboards regardless of what happens. I personally don't care if I get spoiled on who's in and who isn't.
Chris said:
Call me crazy... but I don't think Pokemon trainer will be in the next game.
It hurts... I know.
And you are. We will get a variation of Pokemon Trainer, the question is, what the variation is?

OmegaXXII

Which is probably taking place now as we speak, I'm sure Sakurai already has plans and will be very busy in September as well.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Which is probably taking place now as we speak, I'm sure Sakurai already has plans and will be very busy in September as well.

When does Kid Icarus actually release? I'm sure the actual development will be done at least a month before that, giving time for localization...

New blog post. Link in sig. Essentially, it's a collection of stuff I've already touched on in my responses to stuff in this thread. Character inclusion philosophy and whatnot.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
When does Kid Icarus actually release? I'm sure the actual development will be done at least a month before that, giving time for localization..
November for the Americas. Localization however isn't really done by Sakurai though. He just wants the launch generally to be good. I assume October for Japan.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Really? I just thought Brawl was ruined (even further) by the fact that I knew everything before I played it. I also ATE THE LEAKS UP. The first few days after the game was released. Which is something I will not do this time around. I'm promising myself this.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
November for the Americas. Localization however isn't really done by Sakurai though. He just wants the launch generally to be good. I assume October for Japan.
Precisely. He should be able to begin initial work on SSB4 a good bit before release, even in Japan.

OmegaXXII

When does Kid Icarus actually release? I'm sure the actual development will be done at least a month before that, giving time for localization...

New blog post. Link in sig. Essentially, it's a collection of stuff I've already touched on in my responses to stuff in this thread. Character inclusion philosophy and whatnot.
Eh..I'm not exactly sure when but given that he is nearly complte with the project I'd say it will be ready by next year,to be released that is. What system will it be on? Wii-U?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Eh..I'm not exactly sure when but given that he is nearly complte with the project I'd say it will be ready by next year,to be released that is. What system will it be on? Wii-U?

What, Kid Icarus? It's on 3DS. I take it you're not really following. =P

MechaWave

Smash Champion
The Japanese version of Uprising is essentially complete. Sakurai wants it to be polished for final release and make sure the launch goes well.

For all we know he can be doing both right now: Uprising and planning SSB4. Sakurai said he would think about Smash during Uprising.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I look forward to seeing how Uprising effects our speculation for Sm4sh. Sakurai will surely draw from it a lot.

(Oh goodness, that probably means the Kid Icarus UI is what we'll get for Sm4sh, lol)

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I look forward to seeing how Uprising effects our speculation for Sm4sh. Sakurai will surely draw from it a lot.

(Oh goodness, that probably means the Kid Icarus UI is what we'll get for Sm4sh, lol)
Lol, so true. The UI will be totally unoriginal, as always.

WHyyyayyy??!??? *cries*

I'm not sure how much Uprising will effect how we speculate. In fact, I'm sure people who speculate on Kid Icarus have been looking at Smash Bros and Kirby, given how much of what I've seen is drawn from those games. SSB influences KI more than KI will influence SSB.

MechaWave

Smash Champion

He's going to draw a whole bunch of it for the 3DS version, I can tell you.

I doubt the UI for the Wii U version will be the same... I hope.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I think he should, y'know, hire a real graphic designer to design the UI. Good grief. It's only a few thousand dollars at the most....

...I'll do it! =D

OmegaXXII

Yea, appearantly I wasn't following on it's release nor release system for that matter, Magnus or Medusa would be nice though.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I think he should, y'know, hire a real graphic designer to design the UI. Good grief. It's only a few thousand dollars at the most....

...I'll do it! =D
According to the Project Sora employment page (yes I keep getting my source from there but it's a reliable one), Sakurai wants a "fresh, unique approach" towards the UI.

Oh Hex. You and your amazing art skillz. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom