• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
you totally want these two as final bosses , I can't name them though

Oh god, that Lucazeropikayonic looks hilarious! :laugh:

that MetaPeachSamusLink looks like a really good fusion of characters, it actually looks decent enough.

Oasis_love_Ness said:
I call it...

Oasis the great!!!
There!! You see now it makes soooooo much sense, it sounds better than way. :awesome:

:phone:

OmegaXXII

James McCloud should be in Smash, I always wanted him before you suggested the idea, he would be buffer than Fox I imagine, but heavier, so awesome.

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
SSBF:

What you want to do is log into your Google account and go to your blog dashboard. Once you do, up in the upper right hand corner should be a "creat blog" link. Click it and you'll be able to create a second blog.
Thank you so much. It helped a lot.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Seriously, though, which Capcom series has the most games out on the 3DS? Resident Evil has one out, and one coming out. What about Megs? Street Fighter only has one.
Currently Resident Evil.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
@Star, I really like the Kanan sig you did, but it messes up my signatures and cuts them off at the bottom. I would just use that one alone, but I gotta get the word out there somehow about Operation Hoenn Rising. I even took off my SSB4 poll D: Does anyone know how to make a sig a link?
Wrap the URL around the image. Something like this:

[url = "www whatever com"]
[/url]

Make sure to add in the periods in between the spaces and put in what you want. Remove the space between the "=".
soviet prince said:
-universal roster
Can anyone say bad idea, why should the wii u a very powerful device be on par with the 3ds? Nintendo will be absolute crazy in order to pull such a thing.
*High-five*
[COLLAPSE="soviet prince roster"]Mario
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Bowser jr/Toad Drop Paper Mario or Bowser Jr./Toad

Mario RPG
Paper Mario See above

Yosi
Yosi

Donkey kong
Donkey kong/ new final smash
Diddy kong
King k rool

Metroid
Samus
Ridley

the legend of zelda
Link
Zelda/shiek
Gandiorph/new moveset
Ghirahm If Ghirahim gets in, it will probably be as a fifth Zelda rep, which is kind of unlikely. Drop him and add one of Toon/Young Link.

FE
Marth
Ike

Mother
Ness/claus I don't think Ness is going anywhere.
Lucas

Ice climbers
Ice climbers

Pikimen
Olimar and pikimen

Star fox
Fox
Falco( new final smash)
Wolf( new final smash)

Wario ware
wario

Kirby
Kirby
Meta knight
King dedede

F zero
Captain falcon

Pokemon
Pikiachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario/mewtwo
Pokemon trainer original/ hoen I don't think Pokemon Trainer is getting a remake, but OK.
Zorark/vicinity/ genosect I don't think we're going to get Genesect, but okay.

Kid icarus
Pit
medusa

Other I would add one of the following:
- Isaac
- Starfy
- Saki
- Ray (Custom Robo)

Rob
Game and watch
Duck hunt dog/ tsukmaru(spelling)
Little mac

3rd party This is bad. If we get a second Sonic rep, it will probably be Tails, but even then, his chances are very poor. Drop Eggman as Sonic will likely be by himself again. Also, drop either Mega Man or Professor Layton, preferably the latter as we will likely only get three unless we end up with 49 slots.
Sonic
Dr. eggman
Snake
Megaman
Proffessor layton[/COLLAPSE]
Sonic Poke said:
Speaking of Pokemon, who do you think would be a new best rep?
My vote goes towards Victini, though these would also be good choices:

- Genesect
- Scrafty
- Mewtwo
- Deoxys
- Meowth
berserker01 said:
I'd rather go for both even if it sounds impossible or not.
That would be nice for us to have. Would end the Zoroark/Victini debate and give us five slots (I am confident that if Victini is playable that we will get five slots)
Oasis_S said:
Didn't you get that backwards? :p
Yes I did. Turns out I wasn't thinking right.

Thino

Smash Master
James McCloud should be in Smash, I always wanted him before you suggested the idea, he would be buffer than Fox I imagine, but heavier, so awesome.

his Final Smash should be removing his shades and doing multiple phantasms all over the place and say

YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME !

Raidex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raaidex
Heard about this some time ago, but never found this thread. inb4latehype.

They better include Blood Falcon in Smash 4.

OmegaXXII

Blood Falcon? He would probably end up being a clone or semi-clone if he got his own slot, IMO, it's not worth it, he should just stay as an alt. for Captain Falcon.

Personally I'd like to see Black Shadow as seeing he's the antagonist if the series, he would probably be a heavyweight character as well, though the series seems to be semi-dead ATM we might actually get something new, so yea.

Also, you are so late, we pretty much covered everyhing plus more. :awesome:

Thino

Smash Master
and the best part about this thread is that next time we get some info about this game...

IT WILL BE TO CONFIRM THAT MARIO, YOSHI , KIRBY AND PIKACHU ARE CONFIRMED

OmegaXXII

and the best part about this thread is that next time we get some info about this game...

IT WILL BE TO CONFIRM THAT MARIO, YOSHI , KIRBY AND PIKACHU ARE CONFIRMED
NAH REALLY!!!!!

More like Megaman, Black Knight, Paper Mario and Mewtwo!!! Now that's hype!!!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Come to think of it, Brawl's first trailer is going to be a tough one to beat.

Probably CAN'T be beaten.

Freaking Snake, man. No one expected that.

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. Anybody say Master Chief?? He would be perfect!!

Bungie was going to make a game on the DS after all so who knows.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Agreed, it's one of the most memorable trailers in gaming history. Soild Snake in Smash Bros. WFT?! :cool:

I think they should keep a similar format just replace,

Meta Knight - Little Mac
Pit - Ridley
Z.S. Samus - Issac
Wario - Mii
Snake - Mega Man?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's not that the 3DS can hold as much room for characters as the wii-u, it's just don't expect and insane amount of characters that the 3DS version wouldn't be able to handle it. Transferable characters are ok, but that's pretty much still a universal roster, just requiring a different method for unlocking the characters.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Agreed, it's one of the most memorable trailers in gaming history. Soild Snake in Smash Bros. WFT?! :cool:

Meta Knight - Little Mac
Pit - Ridley
Z.S. Samus - Issac
Wario - Mii
Snake - Mega Man?
Unfortunately, Ridley is total unlockable material. UNLESS SAKURAI CHANGES HIS METHODS OF REVEALING CHARACTERS, we won't know about him for quite some time. u3u

Also, I read that as "Soiled Snake." Best typo ever.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Oh please. At the end of the Smash 4 trailer, the camera will pan to the mail slot of a quaint wooden door. A sealed envelope with a Smash Ball on it will slide through and land on the floor. After a moment, a hand reaches down to pick it up. The camera swivels around to Professor Layton reading his invitation. He looks at the camerand says "This reminds me of a puzzle!" Cut to epic music and the Smash 4 logo. Snake ain't got **** on Hershel.

OmegaXXII

It's not that the 3DS can hold as much room for characters as the wii-u, it's just don't expect and insane amount of characters that the 3DS version wouldn't be able to handle it. Transferable characters are ok, but that's pretty much still a universal roster, just requiring a different method for unlocking the characters.
So are you for universal rosters?

I'm not, the reasons that soviet prince gave out clearly say that, it's not that the 3DS can't handle it, it's just that the Wii-U will be able to do just more than what the 3DS is capable of, really are you expecting me to believe that the 3DS will be as powerful as the Wii-U in terms of smoothness? Rendering? Performance with all that content that the Wii-U will be able to probably handle efficiently?

Well...I don't, I'm totally against the idea of universal rosters period.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In the 3DS thread, they proved that the 3DS games have more than enough memory for brawl's entire roster. With quit a bit more room.

I don't want system exclusives if both systems can handle it

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So are you for universal rosters?

I'm not, the reasons that soviet prince gave out clearly say that, it's not that the 3DS can't handle it, it's just that the Wii-U will be able to do just more than what the 3DS is capable of, really are you expecting me to believe that the 3DS will be as powerful as the Wii-U in terms of smoothness? Rendering? Performance with all that content that the Wii-U will be able to probably handle efficiently?

Well...I don't, I'm totally against the idea of universal rosters period.

And what the hell does smoothness, rendering, and performance have to do with roster size on the 3DS? Lol. They're not going to share the same graphics or anything. Smash 3DS probably won't match Brawl in terms of graphics.

Smash WiiU will not be limited by the Smash 3DS.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

I know what would beat that, Mickey Mouse.

For me, it would be this guy.

VVVV

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In a way though, no matter what third-party character (IF ANY) we get in the first trailer, Snake already did that. When he did it, it was truly a surprise. Now, it's pretty much only expected.

CAN'T BE BEATEN.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In a way though, no matter what third-party character (IF ANY) we get in the first trailer, Snake already did that. When he did it, it was truly a surprise. Now, it's pretty much only expected.

CAN'T BE BEATEN.
Very true, although I bet Master Chief could do it. :awesome:

Thino

Smash Master
In the 3DS thread, they proved that the 3DS games have more than enough memory for brawl's entire roster. With quit a bit more room.

I don't want system exclusives if both systems can handle it
dont worry they can always downgrade the characters in quality and polygons so that they look ugly on 3DS but still fit WiiU's roster

see how Mario Kart 7 is looking like? yea thats prolly how SSB4 characters are gonna look like too , they're prolly gonna be able to do 60 of them in there

theres no way 3DS characters can take as much space as Brawl's

OmegaXXII

And what the hell does smoothness, rendering, and performance have to do with roster size on the 3DS? Lol. They're not going to share the same graphics or anything. Smash 3DS probably won't match Brawl in terms of graphics.

Smash WiiU will not be limited by the Smash 3DS.
Can you prove it otherwise? Because I'm not buying the idea that you are stating.

To answer your question, YES it has to do everything with the character roster, why? Because if the team figures out a way to make everything run smoothly then I highly doubt that every single character from the Wii-U version would be on there, let's say 50 characters as an example, let's say Sakurai wanted the Wii-U version to have that many characters, well ok, now comes the 3DS he may stumble upon complications concerning such issues because again, the 3DS isn't as powerful as the Wii-U, if anything Sakurai might have to cut replace content on the 3DS version, that includes any characters that he might otherwise want to include in the Wii-U version of the game, it only limits what the Wii-U can offer by relying on the 3DS, there's a limiting factor to it, really why are you supporting the idea so heavily?

Besides, it works for Nintendo as well, it's a good marketing strategy if you want people to buy or at least try both versions of the game, I'm not claiming to be a guru on numbers here but I can guarantee you that if both rosters were to be universal, guess which one would sell the most? I'll say it's the Wii-U because of how it appeals, not to mention how traditional it is, plus will probably garner most of the competative scene, in all it's a good stragegy if Nintendo wants to sell enough copies of both games, not saying that the 3DS won't sell, but just not as much, having universal rosters just limits the potential sales, but IMO it's dumb, it would only show how greedy Nintendo is.

As far as graphics goes, even if it is able to able to handle everything that the Wii-U does, do you actually think it will be handle it and stay on par with the Wii-U if it came to everything plus CG's music, and everything in between? I sure don't. as far as the character roster itself is concerned, I'd rather have transferable exclusive characters that would otherwise never appear, if anything it only gives Sakurai more expansion of the roster, how would he do that, through both games, it wouldn't limit any choices whatsover, if anything
it would provide more options for him to potentially include character that he feels wouldn't or should be on both versions, again if it's tranferable, why would you have a problem with it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You aren't basing that on technical specifications. We already looked at the memory of the 3DS and it's games. It CAN hold them. Anyway, it's not going to be a 3DS port of the Wii-U version, they aren't going to include EVERY option on the Wii-U version in it's quality.

I only see problems with rendering and all that if you have massive amounts of characters on the screen at the same time OR if they use graphics the 3DS can't handle.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Load of junk.
So hey, one character in Brawl takes up about, and I'm being very generous here, 20 MB. The 3DS cart is 8 GB in size. It's a given the graphics are going to be different between the two. I don't even know what you're going on about. "Smoothly?" That's kind of vague isn't it? Talking about framerates or what?

The only legitimate point you're making is that Nintendo would make more money if they forced you to buy the both versions to get the complete experience. Is that what you support? Any idea how slimey that is? Would you rather want two incomplete rosters or one complete one on both versions? Besides you're assuming the characters are the selling points. What exclusive could they put on there to make sales? Isaac? Starfy? Are names as small as those going to make sales? True, a third-party character may be able to do it, but that's a bit of a waste for a license, not to mention Snake and Sonic were placed on the back of the box. SMASH doesn't need a third-party character to make sales.

Besides, the main selling point is going to be having a portable Smash. Cheaper too.

Life

Smash Hero
^Pokemon Red and Blue.

For the rest of you:

A roster too big for the 3DS to handle is likely going to be too big in general for game balance purposes.

Refute plz.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
While you guys debate, I'm busy throwing out signatures for whomever. I'm bored and feeling creative. :|

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I love your lightning effects in your signatures. That's amazing.

Meta Knight - Little Mac
Pit - Ridley
Z.S. Samus - Issac
Wario - Mii
Snake - Mega Man?
Personally, I'm hoping they don't follow the same pattern. A better thing they should do is focus on previous Assist Trophy character with a retro and third-party reveal at the end. Something like this:

- Little Mac
- Saki Amamiya
- Starfy
- Takamaru
- Mega Man

D

Deleted member

Question, what characters are you expecting to make the cut as a playable character? This is my answer:

- Victini
- King K. Rool
- Ridley
- Little Mac
- Medusa
- Isaac (I only expect Saki if we don't get universal roster)
- Bowser Jr.
- Takamaru

@Oasis_S: I believe that it can be done without it looking too dysfunctional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom