• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll make a Pokemon stage when I get back. Why? Because I know way too much about that series.

@Star, okay. I'll save them both and decide later. Thanks again.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@ Omega/---: Here is a challenge to you both. Whomever produces the better Fire Emblem stage concept will have their stage featured in my blog. Sound fun?
Well, thats a lot of pressure and I'm not one for challenges, :embarrass:

but I'll try my best. ;)

Also I must say that making any stage for the FE series is tough. The locations are all flat!
It's even tougher when you're doing it based on a Japanese only game. :awesome:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No character should be relegated to appearing as an alternate costume, no matter if they aren't deserving to be a full-on character. Daisy-like recolor? OK. Complete Daisy makeover for Peach? Wrong and disrespectful to that costume character.
Then by your standards, Wario should only have one outfit. Again, alternate outfits won't affect movesets, and can be utilized for characters who couldn't make the cut as a playable. Regarding some alternate outfit options...

Mario: Dr. Mario
Samus / Zero Suit Samus: Dark Samus / Dark ZSS
Fox: James McCloud
Captain Falcon: Blood Falcon
Peach: Daisy, Rosalina
Bowser: Dry Bowser, Dark Bowser
Wario: Classic Wario
Olimar: Louie, The President
Sonic: Shadow the Hedgehog
King K. Rool: Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolenstein
Ridley: Meta Ridley
Starfy: Starly

The alternate outfits would also get recolors, so that they can be used in team battle matches. Some of them would have to be unlocked though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Didn't you post The Burned Tower idea? That was an awesome stage concept, I would like to see it once more.

:phone:
I'll post that one along with my new one.

I think I'm going to go more Hoenn this time around. Either that, or take a "General Pokemon" feel. With something like Pokemon Stadium.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Then by your standards, Wario should only have one outfit. Again, alternate outfits won't affect movesets, and can be utilized for characters who couldn't make the cut as a playable. Regarding some alternate outfit options...

The alternate outfits would also get recolors, so that they can be used in team battle matches. Some of them would have to be unlocked though.
James McCloud? He's Fox's father right?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here Omega, I know you'll enjoy this. My last signature for the day.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

Maybe I should clarify what I said. If the alternate costume involved is technically the same character as the original un-costumed character, it's fine. Wario with his Overalls and WarioWare outfit is logical. Same with Mario and Dr. Mario, since it's said in Mario's trophy description that being a doctor is one of his side-careers, so Dr. Mario is just Mario in doctor's garb.

However, making an alternate costume out of a character who is entirely separate from the original character - such as Shadow and Sonic or Olimar and Louie - is wrong, because that character can have a moveset all on their own and stand on their own on the battlefield.

And I'm against that. It's basically saying "Oh, this character isn't good enough to be a real playable character, so why don't we treat him/her as a skin and slap it onto another character?"

Is Louie, for example, deserving to be a separate character? IMO, no. But should he be treated as a costume you throw onto Olimar to make Olimar magically look like Louie, when Louie is his own separate character? No.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
It's been awhile since my last post here. Apparently, I've been busy lately.

Back on the subject, I read somewhere that Nintendo is indeed gonna do DLC with the Wii U. So that could mean we'll get downloadable characters and whatnot. Believe me, this ain't a rumor, its a fact.:)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea, it's true I posted an article over that earlier, though I don't think we would get characters as DLC, I wouldn't put my hopes up, but I do see music, costumes, stages and such being available, who knows, we might get something worthwhile.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Yea, it's true I posted an article over that earlier, though I don't think we would get characters as DLC, I wouldn't put my hopes up, but I do see music, costumes, stages and such being available, who knows, we might get something worthwhile.

My sincerest apologies for posting that. I had no idea you posted that, mainly cause I haven't been here in awhile.

Secondly, we can hope that DLC characters will happen. I think Nintendo will do it, mostly due to the backlash that there was none in Brawl.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Solid? Solid Snake? Nah dawg Liquid Snake is a beast.
Yes, but Old Snake is GOD. :awesome:

I'll be posting my FE stage in a sec, so please don't flame me if it's bad. :(

OmegaXXII

Yes, but Old Snake is GOD. :awesome:

I'll be posting my FE stage in a sec, so please don't flame me if it's bad. :(
Nope, old Snake is just old. :p

Lol.. I think nobody here hates Fire Emblem so don't worry about flaming, I have your covered and ready to spray anybody lol...

OmegaXXII

Not sure if I'd all that comfortable with any liquids you guys could do for me,

However, with my latest video finishing up its processing, I'd like your perceptions/what you note about the video quality.

If its blurry, bloomy, jagged, be as sincere as you'd like in your critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKGHH1HGZh0

You always seem to talk in riddles sometimes, it's ammusing though to hear such intellect from a 2011 joiner, I saw a little bit, you definetly have some work cut out lol..

I'll post my critique over this later, I gotta go ATM.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hey, since Star didn't want to do a FE stage, here's a basic idea for one.

Based on the final stage from Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem and New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow it's the Dragon's Altar!

This was once where the Divine Dragon, Naga, sealed the evil Earth Dragons; but it now serves as the place for the resurrection of the leader of Earth Dragons, Medeus, who was defeated by Marth in Shadow Dragon. This time, however, he has come back as a even stronger Dark Dragon!

Fighting takes place on the large stairs and stair railings, creating a simple stage about the size of Battlefield. I'd think of it as Shadow Moses with the Towers (railings) being only 1/6 as tall. With a WAY less hazardous Spear Pillar mixed in.

Most of the stage's uniqueness is taken from its dark atmosphere and ancient ruins. It also has Flying Dragons flying around the top of the stage.
The lighting from this stage comes from the glowing torches on the pillars, the evil looking skulls, and eyes of the Dark Dragon himself!

Do to being not at full strength yet, he occasionally summons his army of Earth Dragons (the brown ones) to attack Players.

When an Earth Dragon is to appear, Medeus's eyes flash, the stage will rumble and dragon skulls in the background will glow and come back to life. Once they have appeared, they will use the dragon breath to attack for high knockback and damage. They disappear when the stage lights up and are forced back.

In the background you also see the 3 Princesses (Nyna, Maria, and Marth's sister Elice) and the Priestess (Lena) standing next to Medeus becuase his minions have captured them. But they are in a deep hypnosis, so they don't do anything besides being eye candy. :awesome:

Stage example:

_.........._
________

Stage Name: Dragon's Altar
Stage Icon: Falchion

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Dark Earth Dragon (Medeus's Theme)
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Mystery of the Emblem Medley:
  1. Player Phase Theme
  2. Enemy Phase Theme
  3. Attack Theme
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Dark Emperor (Hardin's Theme)
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - War of Heroes
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Divine Child, White Sage (Tiki & Gotoh's Theme Medley)
Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - Final Chapter - The Final Holy War
Fire Emblem Gaiden - A Desperate Assault - Final Chapter Theme
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - The Chosen Ones - Final Chapter Theme (Brawl Lost Tracks)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - Shadow Dragon Medley (Brawl)
Fire Emblem: Gaiden - With Mila's Divine Protection - Celica Map 1 (Brawl)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones - Preparing to Advance (Brawl)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - Fire Emblem (Melee)

Notes:
  • To add to the intensity of the stage, for those who don't know, an Earth Dragon was the Final Boss of FE1; but are now only minor enemies in FE3. :crazy:
  • The 1st two pics, were hard to find since they were Japanese only. The only good pics I could find were embeded to prevent copying. So I printed the pages and re-scaned the pics, so they may look a little funny. Here's a link to the original pics: http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe12/guia/capitulo-final.htm
  • In FE3/12, the Earth Dragons leave at the beginning of the Player Phase as Marth's completed Fire Emblem pushes them away in a big flash that lights up the map.

Thoughts?

Also the songs, Divine Child, White Sage and the FE4 Final Chapter theme, are all from the Orchestral Game Concert series. The original themes are great, but I put down this version of them for fun and to advertize my Youtube channel. One of the lost songs for Brawl was from OGC, so there's a chance they may have them for SSB4. So feel free to use them from my channel for your ideas. ;)

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
So far I skimmed it, but it sounds like a neat concept, but I personally wouldn't use the stage all that much.

Also I mentioned this a while back, but what if for Toon Link and Link in the new Smash Bros. game you can select the item for their Side B, Down b, and Neutral B And for Toon Link you can select either the Hookshot or Graple Hook for the grab. The grapple hook will have a farther reach but you will be wide open for longer than the Hookshot. I would like this concept but I fear the right combination could make both Link and TL OP.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration

Based on the final stage from Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem and New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow it's the Dragon's Altar!

This was once where the Divine Dragon, Naga, sealed the evil Earth Dragons; but it now serves as the place for the resurrection of the leader of Earth Dragons, Medeus, who was defeated by Marth in Shadow Dragon. This time, however, he has come back as a even stronger Dark Dragon!

Fighting takes place on the large stairs and stair railings, creating a simple stage about the size of Battlefield. I'd think of it as Shadow Moses with the Towers (railings) being only 1/6 as tall. With a WAY less hazardous Spear Pillar mixed in.

Most of the stage's uniqueness is taken from its dark atmosphere and ancient ruins. It also has Flying Dragons flying around the top of the stage.
The lighting from this stage comes from the glowing torches on the pillars, the evil looking skulls, and eyes of the Dark Dragon himself!

Do to being not at full strength yet, he occasionally summons his army of Earth Dragons (the brown ones) to attack Players.

When an Earth Dragon is to appear, Medeus's eyes flash, the stage will rumble and dragon skulls in the background will glow and come back to life. Once they have appeared, they will use the dragon breath to attack for high knockback and damage. They disappear when the stage lights up and are forced back.

In the background you also see the 3 Princesses (Nyna, Maria, and Marth's sister Elice) and the Priestess (Lena) standing next to Medeus becuase his minions have captured them. But they are in a deep hypnosis, so they don't do anything besides being eye candy. :awesome:

Stage example:

_.........._
________

1. Player Phase Theme
  2. Enemy Phase Theme
  3. Attack Theme
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem - Divine Child, White Sage (Tiki & Gotoh's Theme Medley)
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light - The Chosen Ones - Final Chapter Theme (Brawl Lost Tracks)

Notes:
  • To add to the intensity of the stage, for those who don't know, an Earth Dragon was the Final Boss of FE1; but are now only minor enemies in FE3. :crazy:
  • The 1st two pics, were hard to find since they were Japanese only. The only good pics I could find were embeded to prevent copying. So I printed the pages and re-scaned the pics, so they may look a little funny. Here's a link to the original pics: http://www.fireemblemwod.net/fe12/guia/capitulo-final.htm
  • In FE3/12, the Earth Dragons leave at the beginning of the Player Phase as Marth's completed Fire Emblem pushes them away in a big flash that lights up the map.

Thoughts?

Also the songs, Divine Child, White Sage and the FE4 Final Chapter theme, are all from the Orchestral Game Concert series. The original themes are great, but I put down this version of them for fun and to advertize my Youtube channel. One of the lost songs for Brawl was from OGC, so there's a chance they may have them for SSB4. So feel free to use them from my channel for your ideas. ;)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Stage example:

_.........._
________

1. Player Phase Theme
  2. Enemy Phase Theme
  3. Attack Theme

Notes:

Thoughts?

Wow, you put a lot of detail into this. Even some of my concepts aren't as detailed. But hey I still started this whole process! lol

Also, who said I had no interest in doing a Fire Emblem stage? You all just assumed that and went on planning yourselves what you were going to do. So instead of saying anything I let you guys have this freebie. :p

I like the concept a lot, it seems as though it would make for a great second Fire Emblem stage that would be more for Marth. Although at first I thought you were suggesting we would be fighting on the dragon himself? Not a big fan of background characters attacking, being one of the reasons I despise Spear PIllar so much. But hey, it's my own thing.

The music choices are fine, but why didn't you link the last ones? Personally, I would have traded a couple of those Brawl tracks for tracks from other lesser series that won't have a stage. Couple of suggestions that would fit the stage while delivering different atmospheres.

Fossil Fighters - King Dynal
Hotel Dusk - Secrets
The Last Story - The One Ruling Everything
Pandora's Tower - Boss Theme

Otherwise fabulous job. Omega has a lot of work to do.

So does anyone know how to put up a second blog on Bloggers with the same account? I am planning on making the site called Smashboards's Character Alliance Movement (SCAM) which is the main site for all the alliances already planned and branch out to said alliances. This will be done tomorrow if someone knows how.

Going to sleep, hopefully I'll get an answer when I wake up.
Yeah I do. Let me check to see if I remember.

D

Deleted member

So does anyone know how to put up a second blog on Bloggers with the same account? I am planning on making the site called Smashboards's Character Alliance Movement (SCAM) which is the main site for all the alliances already planned and branch out to said alliances. This will be done tomorrow if someone knows how.

Barbasol

Smash Ace

Uh, not sure how, but I know that you can... I think it's on your blogger homepage. I had two at one point.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
SSBF:

What you want to do is log into your Google account and go to your blog dashboard. Once you do, up in the upper right hand corner should be a "creat blog" link. Click it and you'll be able to create a second blog.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow, you put a lot of detail into this. Even some of my concepts aren't as detailed. But hey I still started this whole process! lol

I like the concept a lot, it seems as though it would make for a great second Fire Emblem stage that would be more for Marth. Although at first I thought you were suggesting we would be fighting on the dragon himself? Not a big fan of background characters attacking, being one of the reasons I despise Spear PIllar so much. But hey, it's my own thing.

The music choices are fine, but why didn't you link the last ones? Personally, I would have traded a couple of those Brawl tracks for tracks from other lesser series that don't have a stage. Couple of suggestions that would fit the stage while delivering different atmospheres.

Fossil Fighters - King Dynal
Hotel Dusk - Secrets
The Last Story - The One Ruling Everything
Pandora's Tower - Boss Theme

Otherwise fabulous job. Omega has a lot of work to do.
Thanks for your thoughts. I thought I didn't have enough detail. :awesome:

Fighting on top of Medeus, I can't help but laugh at that. lol

The stage hazards, I know no one really likes them, but the stage would be pretty boring without them. But I did tone them down, so maybe counter-pick?

As for the songs, it's all opinion I guess. I didn't know any good songs from different games that would fit. Although I did think of the Wii RPGs at one point. As for the Brawl links, I didn't add them, too much work, and I though people would know them anyway.

Either way, night yal!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That sounds out of character for Wolf though.
Really? I mean, you can't imagine him using his wolf nature to fight dirty? Basically, imagine if Wolf fought a little like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG2_N418-lw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El4oWjm_mzI&feature=related

Random note, let's say we did get an international poll from Sakurai. Who are the five characters you would vote for?
Ridley
Krystal
Tom Nook
Toad
Kumatora

They are going to need patches if they really want to make sure of that. The community always finds different ways to use the character than the devs expected
True, but the devs should let the game flourish for a while unless it's to remove some gamebreaking glitches.

Still, the fact that they are going for a competitive edge on something, IS BIG NEWS. It means the screw ups from brawl are much, much, much less likely now that they are looking at it from this point of view.
Pretty much. Also, there was a picture on this Sakurai fansite that showed a room with arcade sticks. Makes you wonder....

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Anyways, it's not that I'm against third-party characters; I just didn't add them because I wanted to see if I could get my roster below 50 characters. And... well, there were these four faces at the bottom of the list in their own little category...

But if I had third-party characters, they would be:
  • Snake
  • Sonic
  • Megaman
  • Slime & Chocobo (Perfect WTF character and Square Enix rep)
*high five*

Random note, let's say we did get an international poll from Sakurai. Who are the five characters you would vote for?
I know this is delayed, but better late than never eh?

Saki Amamiya
Mewtwo
Starfy or Paper Mario
Megaman
Slime and Chocobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom