• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So, I've read over a lot of stuff pertaining to SSB4, but I can't believe I missed this quote!

The balance of the character's power was previously only measured by Sakurai, but he will involve his staff more in this game to make sure the characters are competitively balanced

majora_787

Smash Hero
That's a rather amusing signature, considering the Zoroark/Victini wars that have been going around.

It's mostly a recolor though. While I do want that recolor to come back, a Daisy alternate outfit should also be considered.
Yea. It used to be pretty understood that it would be the poster child and mascot of Gen5 that would be added if they added someone, but then Victini just sort of popped up.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I just thought of something.

You know how Sakurai is going to be getting help from others with the balancing and executive decisions this time? Like he'll take input and listen to everyone? Well, what if he listens to fellow developers who say the title of the game should represent the game itself? This is very likely because judging a book by its cover happens alot. This means that Sakuria will consider they're input when they tell him stuff, and he will make sure the title fits the game perfectly.

So than we get: Super Smash Mario Brothers.

Characters:
Mario
*Luigi

* - unlockable.

Stages:
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1
*Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2

* - unlockeble

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@Opelucid: Drop Matthew for Isaac, drop Plusle and Minun, and drop Black Mage. You may also want to consider dropping Krystal, Caeda, and Tingle. A good roster, if a tad much.
Pretty much this.

Well, here's another idea for SSB4: in Brawl, music choices were restricted to specific stages, so obviously I couldn't play Bramble Blast on Corneria if I wanted (unless I hacked the game, of course).

To be blunt, this was a stupid decision that restricted everyone's musical tastes to music only from that particular franchise or of a similar sound.

Even if we get custom music options or not, let us choose any music in the game to play on any stage we should. You enter My Music, go to a stage; the generic music selections are there. But there is a button that says "All Music"; press it and you can select from the game's entire selection of music for each stage.

If I want to hear this on Norfair or Shadow Moses Island without hacking, by all means I should be able to.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I've read over a lot of stuff pertaining to SSB4, but I can't believe I missed this quote!
They are going to need patches if they really want to make sure of that. The community always finds different ways to use the character than the devs expected

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'd love nothing more than to go to my music library and play Red Soul on a random stage without hacking. But I dunno if they'd do that. =P

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@Opelucid: Drop Matthew for Isaac, drop Plusle and Minun, and drop Black Mage. You may also want to consider dropping Krystal, Caeda, and Tingle. A good roster, if a tad much.
I changed it I got rid of Plusle and Minun, Black Mage, Krystal, and Tingle I kept Caeda though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
They are going to need patches if they really want to make sure of that. The community always finds different ways to use the character than the devs expected
That doesn't sound like a very "Nintendo" thing to do. But we can hope! Would it help if they grabbed some competitive beta testers to check things out?

Still, the fact that they are going for a competitive edge on something, IS BIG NEWS. It means the screw ups from brawl are much, much, much less likely now that they are looking at it from this point of view.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
It's mostly a recolor though. While I do want that recolor to come back, a Daisy alternate outfit should also be considered.
No character should be relegated to appearing as an alternate costume, no matter if they aren't deserving to be a full-on character. Daisy-like recolor? OK. Complete Daisy makeover for Peach? Wrong and disrespectful to that costume character.

Interesting. But alas...

...this too.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Forgive my ignorance... but who is Starfy? I've seen a lot of people suggest him for Smash 4, and I'm just really curious.

And can we really consider Sonic a guest character since he's pretty much guaranteed to stay? With that in mind, I really hope we get a Sonic Adventure 2 level as a Smash stage; I'd kill to have that amazing game tributed in this game (Sonic, Mario, Pikachu and Link fighting on City Escape? Awesomeness.)

:phone:
This is Starfy:

and I agree having a second Sonic rep would be awesome, especially in a Citu Escape stage which happens to suit Modern Sonic very well.

My pick would most definetly be Knuckles the Echidna, I would love it in Smash 4 but unfortunetly he's a 3rd party rep, Sega and Sakurai would have to work out a deal if this were to happen, otherwise I can only see Sonic being the only 3rd party rep from that series.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Knuckles would make for a good Sonic rep, I think that Tails or even Shadow would get in before him...personally I'd like Espio for a new Sonic rep though.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Knuckles would make for a good Sonic rep, I think that Tails or even Shadow would get in before him...personally I'd like Espio for a new Sonic rep though.
... If Metal Gear and Sonic both got one more rep, I would be okay. Because generally, I think every series would be good with two unique characters and one stage.

But I swear, if it opens a floodgate of crossovers. . .

OmegaXXII

Espio or Vector are my favorite Sonic characters of all time, I would love to see them but the truth is, they wouldn't be deserving enough which is sad.

If Sega were to show interest in a 2nd rep I would definetly see Tails as a rep, Shadow would play to similar to Sonic plus would probably end up being a semi clone which wouldn't be good, so my pick would be Tails since he would probably have a unique moveset such as machinery gadgets and such.

D

Deleted member

Like I said, in regards to a second Sonic rep, it should only be done if we get four slots for third-party characters. If this happens, Tails would be a very good choice for a second Sonic rep. Not interested in a Metal Gear rep, though.
JavaCroc said:
Well, here's another idea for SSB4: in Brawl, music choices were restricted to specific stages, so obviously I couldn't play Bramble Blast on Corneria if I wanted (unless I hacked the game, of course).

To be blunt, this was a stupid decision that restricted everyone's musical tastes to music only from that particular franchise or of a similar sound.

Even if we get custom music options or not, let us choose any music in the game to play on any stage we should. You enter My Music, go to a stage; the generic music selections are there. But there is a button that says "All Music"; press it and you can select from the game's entire selection of music for each stage.

If I want to hear this on Norfair or Shadow Moses Island without hacking, by all means I should be able to.
This has been suggested before, but I still love it.

Also, the Yoshi's singing is just god-awful.
majora_787 said:
... If Metal Gear and Sonic both got one more rep, I would be okay. Because generally, I think every series would be good with two unique characters and one stage.

But I swear, if it opens a floodgate of crossovers. . .
If the majority of the newcomers are not from Nintendo, there will be hell. Anything over four slots is pushing it and over six is too excessive. For it to defeat the purpose of Nintendo All-Star would be a sad day. Thank god Sakurai recognize this, so we have nothing to worry about.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Shortie, you do realize I just posted one of the signatures you requested right?

OmegaXXII

Post it on his/her? VM page, it's guaranteed to be seen, just saying.

Btw, I ordered Saga Frontier on eBay, yep gonna listen to them tracks. :cool:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Espio or Vector are my favorite Sonic characters of all time, I would love to see them but the truth is, they wouldn't be deserving enough which is sad.

If Sega were to show interest in a 2nd rep I would definetly see Tails as a rep, Shadow would play to similar to Sonic plus would probably end up being a semi clone which wouldn't be good, so my pick would be Tails since he would probably have a unique moveset such as machinery gadgets and such.

Espio and Vector are great characters you know what would be cool even though it's probably never going to happen?

Charmy would be a lightweight character
Espio would be medium around Fox or Falco's weight
Vector would be heavyweight obviously

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SEGA should make their own smash bros. Everyone from Cartoon Network to Ninja Turtles are doing it anyway

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
This is Starfy:

and I agree having a second Sonic rep would be awesome, especially in a Citu Escape stage which happens to suit Modern Sonic very well.

My pick would most definetly be Knuckles the Echidna, I would love it in Smash 4 but unfortunetly he's a 3rd party rep, Sega and Sakurai would have to work out a deal if this were to happen, otherwise I can only see Sonic being the only 3rd party rep from that series.

Haha, wasn't he an Assist Trophy in Brawl?

As for Tails' chances for getting into SSB4, I really don't he's as unlikely as people think. He's not only well-known and relevant, being Sonic's sidekick and being in pretty much every game since he debuted (even in Sonic 4 Episode 1 when that was supposed to be all about Sonic and his return to form, he was hinted at being in Episode 2), he's well-liked, being the 2nd most popular Sonic character (post-SA2 Shadow doesn't count lol). In Tails' case, he's a "Why not?"-type of character, so it really depends on Sakurai and whether he feels he deserves a spot in the roster or not. Nothing else is really stopping him, IMO.

Knuckles would be awesome, I agree, but with Shadow taking over Knuckles' former spot of Sonic's rival, and being degraded to just a dumb sidekick to Sonic and Tails in the newer games, sadly, it'll probably never happen...

OmegaXXII

Espio and Vector are great characters you know what would be cool even though it's probably never going to happen?

Charmy would be a lightweight character
Espio would be medium around Fox or Falco's weight
Vector would be heavyweight obviously
That would be the best thing ever, Vextor would definetly be my main, I could definetly see them with a moveset as well, too bad they'll probably end up as an AT charactercat most.

A guy can dream tho. :cool:

@Star: Thanks, I shall enjoy and play it in your honor, I'm looking forward to it.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'd actually prefer Tails over Shadow it seems like he has more moveset potential he can fly with his tails and he can use all those gadgets.

@Omega: I'd probably end up using Espio as my main :p

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd actually prefer Tails over Shadow it seems like he has more moveset potential he can fly with his tails and he can use all those gadgets.
Same for me as well.

I just finished my FE stage, so be prepared for a large post soon. ;)

@Star I stole the format you used for posting your stage ideas, I hope thats o.k.?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Star I stole the format you used for posting your stage ideas, I hope thats o.k.?
I've stole it too.

@Star yeah I was offline. I just got on. Thanks though!

OmegaXXII

Same for me as well.

I just finished my FE stage, so be prepared for a large post soon. ;)

Cool, I can't wait, I also "borrowed" his format as well, I can't wait to see what you came up with. :)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I hope Team Chaotix (Vector, Charmy, Espio) become Assist Trophies in Smash 4. They may not be deserving enough of their own spots on the Smash roster, but they at least deserve some decent recognition (and, no, them being trophies isn't enough, I want to see them IN ACTION).

They could use their Team Blast from Sonic Heroes as an attack. It'd be perfect for these guys, who for me saved Sonic Heroes from being a total cheesefest, to see these guys alongside the likes of Mario, Pikachu, Link, Fox, etc.

Would certainly be more exciting than Shadow's boring Chaos Control in Brawl lol.

TL OWNS U

Smash Apprentice
I think the 1st order of buisiness they need to do is nerf MK. Give him different moves and make his attacks do less damage.

OmegaXXII

I hope Team Chaotix (Vector, Charmy, Espio) become Assist Trophies in Smash 4. They're not deserving for their own spots on the Smash rosters, but they at least deserve the recognition.

They could use their Team Blast from Sonic Heroes. they're perfect candidates Assist Trophies, and IMO, these guys, who for me saved Sonic Heroes from being a total cheesefest, at least deserve the recognition.

Would certainly be more exciting than Shadow's boring Chaos Control in Brawl lol.

Totally agree with you, their AT special should definetly be the one from Sonic Heroes which happens to be a good game, Im also hoping they at least add there track as well. It's exciting to finally see someone support the underatted character such as Vector. :cool:

OmegaXXII

These themes should definetly be added, I love them!

Team Chaotix - Sonic Heroes Theme

Team Rose - Follow Me Now!

I agree, Meta-Knight should be nerfed and Ganondorf should definetly be rebalanced, be was so horrible in Smash, be needs better recovery and a new moveset such as his sword or possibly his dark magic as well, he doesn't deserve to be treated the way he was treated in Brawl.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Eh, what did smashchu say about all this?
His whole point in recent debates has been proving that Smash Bros is the more successful fighting model and that it is something to be followed, not rejected.

When you mentioned those two games I just thought of that.

As long as you pay me my royalties we're cool.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Totally agree with you, their AT special should definetly be the one from Sonic Heroes which happens to be a good game, Im also hoping they at least add there track as well. It's exciting to finally see someone support the underatted character such as Vector. :cool:

Likewise, it's good to see someone else who doesn't unfairly lump in Vector, Espio and Charmy with the other crappy characters from the new Sonic games that need to be axed from the series.

Sonic Heroes had some awesome gameplay, it was just some of the dialogue that was so hilariously bad ("We'll show the REAL super powers of teamwork!!!") that was a bit of a turnoff for me. Team Chaotix's cutscenes were genuinely funny and charming, and they single-handedly made the game's overall dialogue/cutscenes tolerable for me. I'd love for those 3 to get their own spinoff game in the future.

Anyways, back to Smash, I hope that Robotnik gets added as a sub-boss for the game. Tails will probably have his Walker from SA2 or Tornado from SA1/Heroes as Final Smash if he ever makes it in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His whole point in recent debates has been proving that Smash Bros is the more successful fighting model and that it is something to be followed, not rejected.

When you mentioned those two games I just thought of that.

As long as you pay me my royalties we're cool.
The unfortunate thing though, is the people that are copying it are producing horrible games. Both I mentioned were completely bad.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^Agreed, but there not going on my stage, unfortunetly.

OmegaXXII

Ha, don't worry about it, I have that fully covered, I'm planning a stage of this game anyway, so you should expect to see these tracks as well, anyway I posted my BK moveset in the discussion, it's up for voting at the moment.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The unfortunate thing though, is the people that are copying it are producing horrible games. Both I mentioned were completely bad.
Yeah... Just because a model is good doesn't mean the people executing it do it well...

@Shortie: If you're interested I was using the sig I made you to further experiment with coloring/lighting. This is what I came up with.

You can decide which you prefer.

@ Omega/---: Here is a challenge to you both. Whomever produces the better Fire Emblem stage concept will have their stage featured in my blog. Sound fun?

OmegaXXII

.@ Omega/---: Here is a challenge to you both. Whomever produces the better Fire Emblem stage concept will have their stage featured in my blog. Sound fun?
You won't be dissapointed my fellow friend, you'll also learn a bit about Fire Emblem scenery as well, with that said....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom