• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I dunno, I'm pretty sure it's a trial of ultimate pessimism. Try to get a roster that is as reasonable as possible with only 38 slots lol.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One thing I'd like to point out is that Brawl ATs were chosen as ATs for specifically that role, and were therefore never in consideration to be playable for Brawl.

While I wholeheartedly expect and hope for some ATs to become playable, to say an AT character has priority over a non-AT character to be added to the roster, is simply inaccurate.

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Easy.

Drop Lucario. Add a new Pokemon rep.

Add Little Mac, Saki Amamiya, and Isaac.

"Worst" best case scenario. (Or is it best worst case scenario?)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
everything we speculate is inaccurate. there is nothing that we can say that is truly set in stone. no matter how much logic we can conjure up, the human mind has a way of cancelling past judgements.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
everything we speculate is inaccurate. there is nothing that we can say that is truly set in stone. no matter how much logic we can conjure up, the human mind has a way of cancelling past judgements.
And then personal bias gets in the way of judgement.

Case in point, Megaman fanboys.:troll:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I have an easier one.

Sakurai puts in his game whatever he feels like. That >>>>>>> our logic and speculation. Ain't it always like that?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And then personal bias gets in the way of judgement.

Case in point, Megaman fanboys.:troll:
It's not fanboyism, it's reality

Megaman is the one, true omnipotent creation who deserves nothing but our complete enthrallment and adoration.

Edit: Every man wishes they were him and every woman wishes they had him

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
SSBF Challenge:

-Toon Link
-Falco
-Lucario
-Jigglypuff
-Snake
-Sonic

+Ridley
+King K. Rool
+Victini
+Megaman
+Little Mac
+Isaac
+Saki
+Ray(/Starfy?)
+Takamaru

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can we try realistic best case scenarios now. This thread is becoming depressing T_T

Realistic best case scenario:

All our dreams came true and we play a magical game of butterflies, rainbows and unicorns!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Realistic best case scenario?

... Well... Brawl roster + Melee roster + characters from my sig = Ultimate Smash Bros experience. :) (At least to me).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Also, I wouldn't say we're completely unable to predict what characters will be in the next Smash.
Of the Brawl newcomers, only 6 were unexpected, and that's being generous.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't like Banjo Tooie much, but I loved the original.

Never tried the racing game, though if I see it in a used game pile I'll try it some time.

I enjoyed DK64 multiplayer but I have to say I didn't like DK64 at all, when I compared it to the excellent DKC series that came before it.

Jet Force Gemini was a pretty fun game though. and of course Conker's Bad fur day

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, I wouldn't say we're completely unable to predict what characters will be in the next Smash.
Of the Brawl newcomers, only 6 were unexpected, and that's being generous.
That's being very generous, in my opinion. To me, Pokemon Trainer and ROB were the only characters that were completely unexpected. (Well, Snake too but he was revealed so early on that I hardly count him.)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ill crack at dat ssbf challenge...
-Toon Link
-Falco
-Ness
-Lucario
-Jigglypuff
-Snake
-Sonic
-Pokemon Trainer Red

+Little Mac
+Krystal
+Claus
+Genesect
+Issac
+X
+Black Mage
+Pokemon Trainer Black/White
+Saki Amamiya
+Takamaru
+Andy

i like showing diversity within Nintendo. removing a slot off of pokemon doesn't phase me when i need to make a slot arrangement of 38. besides, the pokemon trainer more than supports the multiple characters already in smash (including pokeball pokemon)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That's being very generous, in my opinion. To me, Pokemon Trainer and ROB were the only characters that were completely unexpected. (Well, Snake too but he was revealed so early on that I hardly count him.)
Yeah, I'd say those three plus Wolf (most assumed Krystal from what I remember), and Zero Suit Samus.

Did anyone see Zero Suit Samus coming...? I don't recall any requests. She was a character we already HAD, so she didn't seem very obvious.

EDIT: Nevermind, forget Toon Link. He was pretty obvious as a replacement for Young Link.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dedede, Meta Knight, and Lucas were the only new characters I expected. Though I expected Lucas to replace Ness

Though Ike should have been pretty obvious

Sonic was one I was really hoping for, and was super excited when they announced him

I had counted ROB out when they showed NPC ROB's in the SSE trailer

I didn't care for Zamus at all

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Zamus is such a waste, full character resources for something that happens only through a final smash (tricks too, but rly)... Noone wanted it anyway... :/

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Just hold R during the char select screen. I wouldn't really call that a trick...
Besides I was actually hyped for zamus.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Just hold R during the char select screen. I wouldn't really call that a trick...
Besides I was actually hyped for zamus.

Eh, I can't rationalize it in my mind. It still crosses me as instead of a whole character, they tacked on a skimpy wet-suit for Samus. I always preferred the "Samus is a girl, deal with it." Recently it just seems like, "We need to have Samus' armor to fall off every 30 minutes to ensure people know she's a girl." Seems indicative of what Other M did.

They could have done Metroid more justice even by making a luigified Dark Samus character. IMO

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I hope the random slot will be able to choose characters like Zamus and Sheik next time. You can't even fight AI Zamuses. :/

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Zamus is just Samus. She's a character slot that could have been taken up by someone who wasn't already in the game. However, she has proven to have a very unique moveset and as such, has only offered good to the game.

(Plus as a Metroid fanatic, I didn't mind that there were a million Samuses . . . Sami? Samēs?)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I wish they'd make make marth a bit better for lucas in SSB4. Seriously, I can barely touch a marth i come up against. For some reason i even do better against DKs, but marths.....

AI. What does AI mean again? Grrrr, i can't remember *facepalm (inb4some1facepalms meeeeeee)*

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
ahh, cool ^^. Hmm, didn't verse ZSS much, i tended to get king dedede, ness(sometimes lucas), and link. I don't know why they were always coming up...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Artificial Intelligence is the opposite of Actual Intelligence, which is abbreviated...AI...

Wow, that Toad moveset... It's so perfect, but it looks so overpowered too. I mean, it's REALLY good, and it makes me want Toad even more.

I would nerf some things here and there, but he pretty much nailed it. I especially liked the special moves.
Toad has stupid range. It's almost comparable to Jigglypuff's overall range. He relies on projectiles and grabs. He's also easy to kill. Other than that, I guess he's a BIT overpowered.
Toad has a lot more unique moveset potential than other candidates (such as Bowser Jr.) that would guarantee him to being a very unique character. Many have posted movesets for him that are completely natural to the character itself and the games that he was playable in. Peach barely had anything to work with during Melee, but we saw her getting a full fledged moveset that even required Toad to be a part of it (she had little movset potential before). If Peach, Zelda, and even ROB can fight in Smash, so can Toad (just look at SMB 2, and NSMB Wii if you want mainstream experiences).
Always at the right time ;)
^This. Like 100x.

I've always been with this statement. We can't judge a character's chance no matter how ridiculous (Unless it is TOO much lol)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea, seems like Iblis's full circle theory loop always takes place around here. <_<

Unless we get some official news regarding it we won't have much to go by but speculation.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Okay so regarding Snake, his camping game is awesome, more characters could also have better recovery as well like Ness for example.

I wonder what kind of mechanics Ultimate MvC3 will have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom