• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why give them tourney value? I never liked the idea that Final Smashes were more like items than a formal part of the moveset. That, and I never liked that smash balls took away the focus of the match from the players to the item.

Like Sonic's final smash. Lol.

I hope they make it less OP in the next game.

@Iblis:Isn't it....

"NOW I'LL SHOW YOU!"

"GGGRRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

@Kuma: Same here. I'm fine with the smash ball but I'm sure there are better options

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Yeah, please no super moves or hyper bars or the like in Smash. If you want more ****ing bells and whistles to memorize, go play a standard fighting game. The only people who want any of this horrible stuff are HUGE fans of traditional fighters. That's it. Seeing how Sakurai made Smash with his starting point being "what makes fighters so bad", I doubt he shares the sentiment, and thank god for that.

:phone:

I just like to mess around with Captain Falcon, which is why I made that statement. In a serious manner, Captain Falcon needs to be buffed to some extent, as he got stoned in Brawl.
Captain Falcon should be like how he was in melee. Same goes for Jigglypuff.

@Hoots: And that's why I'm neutral with the super meter idea.

Off for now

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think the Super Meter idea is horrible, because unlike Final Smashes, it isn't Smash-exclusive, and goes against all the creativity and originality the series has presented to date. Also, it has the potential to become an element of Smash that cannot be turned off, unlike Smash Balls, which would really hamper the gameplay in my opinion.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
The problem with Smash Balls is that they are more items than a gameplay mechanic. They appear randomly and can be only accessed by one player at a time, plus using them is not based at all on how a player has done up until that point in the match (unlike meters in SF or MvC).

The only way they'd be competitively viable is if:

-All the FS's were balanced
-The Smash Ball does not remain an item
-The appearance of Smash Balls was not random
-Smash Balls could not be used only one at a time in a certain period of time
-The usage of Smash Balls reflected prior gameplay in the match

If not, you won't see them in competition ever.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I can already see it.

Some random guy who has NO idea how to play as Sonic gets beaten up. Super Bar rises like there's no tomorrow. SUPER SONIC. Who is KO'd? The experienced player? Or the noob Sonic?

The experienced player would most likely be punished.

Here's a random idea, but I don't think it's the solution.

The Bar system could work on something like making successful combos or something. That way, it would encourage casual players to try to come up with good combos to unleash the Final Smash.

Or, a more casual approach.

Red Coins. 5 (number could change) red coins appear all over the stage, players must try to collect as many of them. By the time the "red coin music" ends, the player with most coins will go into Final Smash status. However, if ALL coins were not obtained by the players by the time the tune ends, no Final Smash for anyone.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I can already see it.
Some random guy who has NO idea how to play as Sonic gets beaten up. Super Bar rises like there's no tomorrow. SUPER SONIC. Who is KO'd? The experienced player? Or the noob Sonic?

The experienced player would most likely be punished.
Well that's assuming that Final Smashes are unbalanced and some retardedly over-powered in Smash 4.

Also, meter does not build as quick for people who are getting hit as it does for the one landing the hits, so this situation never happens unless the person winning is a complete idiot.

Here's a random idea, but I don't think it's the solution.

The Bar system could work on something like making successful combos or something. That way, it would encourage casual players to try to come up with good combos to unleash the Final Smash.

Red Coins. 5 (number could change) red coins appear all over the stage, players must try to collect as many of them. By the time the "red coin music" ends, the player with most coins will go into Final Smash status. However, if ALL coins were not obtained by the players by the time the tune ends, no Final Smash for anyone.
If we don't want the game to look more like a party platformer, this idea is not a good idea. And even then, we don't want the game to degenerate to not playing the game how its supposed to be played, at least competitively. We already have Pokemon Stadium 2 legal.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Rewarding the better player is clearly not a priority for Sakurai, considering he balances games by creating random elements that, in his mind, allow casuals and pros to win an even number of times, despite this clearly not happening.

At this point, I would rather see something more along the lines of a Special Smash, when you take into mind that for most characters, their Specials are far and away their more interesting attacks, while Super Bar attacks would more likely than not just be a replacement for Final Smashes, or if Smash Balls stay, an even more generic rushing attack or something.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Rewarding the better player is clearly not a priority for Sakurai, considering he balances games by creating random elements that, in his mind, allow casuals and pros to win an even number of times, despite this clearly not happening.

At this point, I would rather see something more along the lines of a Special Smash, when you take into mind that for most characters, their Specials are far and away their more interesting attacks, while Super Bar attacks would more likely than not just be a replacement for Final Smashes, or if Smash Balls stay, an even more generic rushing attack or something.
I was just speaking optimistically of course...and logically. Didn't really put Sakurai into play when speaking.

I wish Sakurai actually new what the hell he was talking about...or at least I wish someone at his studio would just stand up and be like, "seriously wtf is this". All this casual randomness is annoying. Casuals don't even like randomness. No one likes to lose or get killed be dumb stuff, no matter how you play the game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If we don't want the game to look more like a party platformer, this idea is not a good idea. And even then, we don't want the game to degenerate to not playing the game how its supposed to be played, at least competitively. We already have Pokemon Stadium 2 legal.
That makes sense.

I honestly don't see Final Smashes being used on pro-level tourneys ever, though. Even if they do balance them out.

But I'm not completely against bars if they rise faster for the attacker.

In SSFIV for example I've noticed that when I take the beating, my gauge rises a lot faster.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I'd be interested to see Final Smashes be replaced by something I call, "Legacy Smash." On the character screen, after you pick your character, you pick a partner, who IS your final smash for example. It's like Assist Trophies, but more powerful and prevents some characters from having terrible Final Smashes. You pick your final smash to suit what you want.

Character- Samus
Legacy- Chibi-Robo (Mega Scrubber)

BlackFox

Smash Rookie
Just saw a commercial for Zoo Plates, I think one of them could be in the next smash, thoughts?
Only if it's the pokemon edition of Zoo Plates (I doubt they have those)

Actually, scratch that. If anyone deserves to be in Brawl, it should be Billy Mays...just think of that moveset!

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'd be interested to see Final Smashes be replaced by something I call, "Legacy Smash." On the character screen, after you pick your character, you pick a partner, who IS your final smash for example. It's like Assist Trophies, but more powerful and prevents some characters from having terrible Final Smashes. You pick your final smash to suit what you want.

Character- Samus
I prefer Final Smashes represent the character using them. Nevertheless, I can see some potential behind that idea. It'd be sort of like how you choose weapons in Pocket Tanks, correct?

I like the idea of having home stages, but it really works better for so me characters better than others, and we would miss out on having some really creative stages... Anyway, here's a list with everything I could think of. :)

Mario- Spaceship Mario
Luigi- Haunted Mansion
Peach- Mushroom Kingdom
Bowser- Bowser's Castle
Bowser Jr.- Isle Delfino

Link- Temple of Time
Zelda/Shiek- Temple (Melee)
Ganondorf- Ganon's Tower (OOT)
Toon Link- Great Sea
Tingle- Rupeeland Spring

Samus- Zebes, Chozo Ruins
Ridley- Norfair
Dark Samus- Phaaze

Ike- Castle Siege
Marth- Akaneia
Black Knight- Tower of Guidance

Ray MKIII- Cyber Holoseum
Tom Nook- Smashville
Duck Hunt Dog- Hunting Ground

Mewtwo- Victory Road
Jigglypuff- Pokemon Center
Pikachu- Saffron City
Pkm Trainer- Pokemon Stadium
Some of these stages can easily use the past stages. In general, I hope every character in SSB4 has a home stage for the Classic and All-Star modes. I think I'll make an outline for an SSB4 stage roster soon with specific past stages and basic ideas for new stages (and it would probably include some of StarPhoenix's ideas, if he doesn't mind).

Edit: @Sonic Poke:

Well, I don't see why the Great Fox can't come back as a stage. Personally, I'd prefer just bringing back Corneria from Melee again as a Great Fox stage, but I wouldn't mind a new version of the stage - perhaps an update of Sector Z.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Corneria? Yes!!

More specifically, I hope Sakurai brings back Sector Z from Smash 64, it was easily the longest stage in Smash history, yes good times.

I would also love to see Princess Peach's Skyworld from N64 make it's return, I loved that stage so much. ^_^

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
They could have made Corneria so much better. You could landed on buildings, jump back on ship, then land on the ground, jump back on the ship, repeat.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Corneria? Yes!!

More specifically, I hope Sakurai brings back Sector Z from Smash 64, it was easily the longest stage in Smash history, yes good times.

I would also love to see Princess Peach's Skyworld from N64 make it's return, I loved that stage so much. ^_^

Agree with this. ^

That stage was so long and fun. The newer Corneria has a very short ceiling, and you get from one side of the ship to the other in HALF the time it takes you on the original Sector Z.

D

Deleted member

I don't care which Star Fox stage they use for the next game, but I prefer Corneria due to better music. I remember that being my first stage in Melee.
Nine said:
Well Guys apparently my thread was closed in the melee discussion so I guess I'm stuck with you guys talking about Brawl stuff you know. Yea hi kool guys.
(*sigh* I miss Melee)
This is why you follow the rules.
berserker01 said:
I might sound weird posting this but not even those 3 characters are shoe-ins. Sure they have a lot going for them but they're far from shoe-ins. Chances can't be judged by us. The only thing we do is demand for the character.
I never said that those three were shoe-ins, just saying that they were more likely then Mega Man at this point.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't care which Star Fox stage they use for the next game, but I prefer Corneria due to better music.

Speaking of which... What stage from Star Fox 64 does "Melee Corneria" music REALLY belong to? Because I've listened, and listened over and over again to the Corneria stage from Star Fox 64 and it sounds nothing like Corneria stage from Melee.

OmegaXXII

Speaking of which... What stage from Star Fox 64 does "Melee Corneria" music REALLY belong to? Because I've listened, and listened over and over again to the Corneria stage from Star Fox 64 and it sounds nothing like Corneria stage from Melee.
It's a remix.

Character- Samus
I like your idea in general, personally though I'd like to see Final Smashes as well as Super Smashes.

Super Smashes would consist of combo chains, it would be a quick way to rack up damage but wouldn't necessarily K.O. somebody while the FS potential KO's on the spot.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
@Omega and @JavaCroc: Sector Z was amazing, the stage was my favorite, must surely come back!

@xIblisx: It would be nice, but I think something like a new stage with these properties: first, the spaceship is in the vacuum of space, and the fighters have to deviate from satellites and comets, then she goes down to the Corneria, in the meantime, the friction begins to have an effect on the ship and it begins to catch fire, and the fighters have to protect yourself as soon as possible behind of the 'fin', then this effect begins to jump from building to building!

OmegaXXII

Hmm... With gravity force you say? It would be fun to have such a feature but wouldn't that dynamic interfere with the flow of battle?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Actually I really like that! Let's expand.

"first, the spaceship is in the vacuum of space, and the fighters have to deviate from satellites and comets, then she goes down to the Corneria, in the meantime, the friction begins to have an effect on the ship and it begins to catch fire, and the fighters have to protect yourself as soon as possible behind of the 'fin', then this effect begins to jump from building to building! " The arwings fly out the ship and you must jump onto one to stay alive, the Great Fox starts to go up and out of shot (causes star kos for those who stay on). The Arwings start to plane near the ground, the Arwings do a BARREL ROLL, and then you land on the ground and continue the fight. The arwings eventually come back around you can jump back on them, they lead you back to the great Fox and then you land on it. The Great Fox goes back into space. The cycle repeats.

No gravity effects should happen with all that is going on.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Keep note that the arwings have edges you can hang from and if you don't jump on the arwings you die like you would in Delfino.

@nLiM8D: Read my and Sonic's combined idea.

@Omega: It could actually maybe be a starter on a 7 or 9 stage starter list. I can't really say because we don't know the stage roster and how the other stages play out or what they even are.

After being in the Brawl community though I see it getting shafted into a CP because PS2 is a perfect starter like PS1 but it's considered a CP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom