• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Right now... I don't even want Ryu as a consolation prize for Sm4sh. Not him, not Chun Li, not even Radd Spencer, my 2nd favorite Capcom character after Megaman. And ESPECIALLY, not Frank West.

Agh.. this feeling... it's the same feeling as when the 35 character roster was revealed...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
OBJECTION!!

Why does everybdy hate on Wright? He's awesome, but again not for Smash, just fighting in general.

Who's that guy with the red vest??

:phone:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
[collapse="Great Fox"]

Its format is basically the same as the N64 Great Fox, a big stage, tilted and silver, will not have platforms, but will show the typical ships that shoot at you, these ships will behave as platforms. The main characteristic of this stage is the changing position of the ship, engaging in three steps: 1 - vacuum of space, 2 - Friction with the atmosphere, 3 - Corneria. First, the spaceship is in the vacuum of space, and the fighters have to deviate from satellites and comets, The higher the comet or satellite the greater the explosion, rarely, a giant comet will collide with the spaceship, the explosion will be as big as the explosion that occurs in "The Bridge of Eldin," and all characters who are not behind the 'fin', will receive an 80% damage. The spaceship will come out intact because of their strong magnetic shields! , then she goes down to the Corneria, in the meantime, the friction begins to have an effect on the ship and it begins to catch fire, Anyone in the direction of the fire will lose 3% damage per second, and the fighters have to protect yourself as soon as possible behind of the 'fin', then this effect begins to jump from building to building! The arwings fly out the ship and you must jump onto one to stay alive, the Great Fox starts to go up and out of shot (causes star kos for those who stay on). The Arwings start to plane near the ground, the Arwings do a Barrel Roll, and then you land on the ground and continue the fight. The arwings eventually come back around you can jump back on them, they lead you back to the great Fox and then you land on it. The Great Fox goes back into space. The cycle repeats. This stage have the famous property of communication between members of Star Fox, they will warn Members: Fox, Falco and Wolf (Krystal or Leon if they come) are comets or satellites are coming towards, if the spacecraft is about to enter into the friction atmosphere, and other things.[/collapse]

OmegaXXII

[collapse="Great Fox"]

Its format is basically the same as the N64 Great Fox, a big stage, tilted and silver, will not have platforms, but will show the typical ships that shoot at you, these ships will behave as platforms. The main characteristic of this stage is the changing position of the ship, engaging in three steps: 1 - vacuum of space, 2 - Friction with the atmosphere, 3 - Corneria. First, the spaceship is in the vacuum of space, and the fighters have to deviate from satellites and comets, The higher the comet or satellite the greater the explosion, rarely, a giant comet will collide with the spaceship, the explosion will be as big as the explosion that occurs in "The Bridge of Eldin," and all characters who are not behind the 'fin', will receive an 80% damage. The spaceship will come out intact because of their strong magnetic shields! , then she goes down to the Corneria, in the meantime, the friction begins to have an effect on the ship and it begins to catch fire, Anyone in the direction of the fire will lose 3% damage per second, and the fighters have to protect yourself as soon as possible behind of the 'fin', then this effect begins to jump from building to building! The arwings fly out the ship and you must jump onto one to stay alive, the Great Fox starts to go up and out of shot (causes star kos for those who stay on). The Arwings start to plane near the ground, the Arwings do a Barrel Roll, and then you land on the ground and continue the fight. The arwings eventually come back around you can jump back on them, they lead you back to the great Fox and then you land on it. The Great Fox goes back into space. The cycle repeats. This stage have the famous property of communication between members of Star Fox, they will warn Members: Fox, Falco and Wolf (Krystal or Leon if they come) are comets or satellites are coming towards, if the spacecraft is about to enter into the friction atmosphere, and other things.[/collapse]
Cool concept, how about some music ideas as well!!

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Why do people want Phoenix Wright in fighting games so badly? He is a lawyer who sits in the courtroom. The only thing I can see him doing is shouting "OBJECTION!" over and over again. I absolutely hate the idea of him in SSB4, moreso then Zoroark getting in SSB4 and I already heavily despise that.
He also headbangs.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
OBJECTION!!

Why does everybdy hate on Wright? He's awesome, but again not for Smash, just fighting in general.

Who's that guy with the red vest??

I don't hate Wright. I'm neutral on him, swaying a bit to kinda like him.

I despise Frank West with a passion. Ever since that hillariously bad comment from Capcom Japan saying that western countries prefer characters like Frank West over Megaman who's mostly japanese.

That's like Capcom USA removing Spider Man and giving the japanese ... Samurai Jack Silver Samurai because he's so sterotypically japanese that Japan MUST love him over Spider Man.

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
It's not that I dislike Phoenix Wright, but that I find him utterly undeserving to be playable in any fighting game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well.. BACK TO SM4SH.

I'm hoping to see a stage based on Nazo no Murasame Jo.

With Ninjas poppoing in, casting random techniques (or throwing shuriken). You could take them out before they hit you though. Most of them wouldn't have the strength to KO you, but you'd constatly flinch from flying projectiles.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom will have 48 characters

Watch as the Super Smash Bros. fan base expect 50+ characters, then to be let down when we get 35-45 slots.
From what was leaked of the wii specs, it is assumed the wii is 1.5-2x more powerful than the game cube. (when I did the math, assuming I did it right, I got slightly more than 1.5 so I accept the data as true) In brawl there was in increase in characters by 14. Using the same method I used to check the above stats, and the report that the wiiu will be 50% more powerful than the ps3, I found the wiiu will be 2.8125x more powerful than the wii. If this is truly the case, why can't people expect 50+ character rosters.

Of course I might have done it wrong but I doubt it since my math fit the GCN->WII was equal to what people who do know what they are doing got.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Nazi no Murasame

What game Is that??

BTW...LOOK

"NAZO" not NAZI.

It's Takamaru's game. Plays a lot like Zelda, except it's divided in chapters. It's a lot harder than Zelda. Less puzzles, more action. (Wow, sounds a lot like my favorite game).

Also... what about the video? Seen it. And I don't care about it. Ghost Rider is cool, but let me remind you that they didn't include him on the first version because they couldn't come up with a way to make him fight without his BIKE...

Wow. In the words of Will Smith...

"HACHOOO!!!! *sniff* Sorry, alergic to BS".

OmegaXXII

From what was leaked of the wii specs, it is assumed the wii is 1.5-2x more powerful than the game cube. (when I did the math, assuming I did it right, I got slightly more than 1.5 so I accept the data as true) In brawl there was in increase in characters by 14. Using the same method I used to check the above stats, and the report that the wiiu will be 50% more powerful than the ps3, I found the wiiu will be 2.8125x more powerful than the wii. If this is truly the case, why can't people expect 50+ character rosters.

Of course I might have done it wrong but I doubt it since my math fit the GCN->WII was equal to what people who do know what they are doing got.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Can't tell if greave is trolling me or not. Manage space better, brawl had a fair amount of negative space.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
[collapse="Great Fox"]

Its format is basically the same as the N64 Great Fox, a big stage, tilted and silver, will not have platforms, but will show the typical ships that shoot at you, these ships will behave as platforms. The main characteristic of this stage is the changing position of the ship, engaging in three steps: 1 - vacuum of space, 2 - Friction with the atmosphere, 3 - Corneria. First, the spaceship is in the vacuum of space, and the fighters have to deviate from satellites and comets, The higher the comet or satellite the greater the explosion, rarely, a giant comet will collide with the spaceship, the explosion will be as big as the explosion that occurs in "The Bridge of Eldin," and all characters who are not behind the 'fin', will receive an 80% damage. The spaceship will come out intact because of their strong magnetic shields! , then she goes down to the Corneria, in the meantime, the friction begins to have an effect on the ship and it begins to catch fire, Anyone in the direction of the fire will lose 3% damage per second, and the fighters have to protect yourself as soon as possible behind of the 'fin', then this effect begins to jump from building to building! The arwings fly out the ship and you must jump onto one to stay alive, the Great Fox starts to go up and out of shot (causes star kos for those who stay on). The Arwings start to plane near the ground, the Arwings do a Barrel Roll, and then you land on the ground and continue the fight. The arwings eventually come back around you can jump back on them, they lead you back to the great Fox and then you land on it. The Great Fox goes back into space. The cycle repeats. This stage have the famous property of communication between members of Star Fox, they will warn Members: Fox, Falco and Wolf (Krystal or Leon if they come) are comets or satellites are coming towards, if the spacecraft is about to enter into the friction atmosphere, and other things.

Musics:
Corneria Theme
Star Fox Orchestral Game Concert #3
Star Fox Assault Theme
Starwolf theme
Command Leon Powalski
Panther's Theme: The Ladies' Man
Red Eye King[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

Because there aren't enough characters that people generally agree on that are deserving to be playable in SSB4 (I can name only three; King K. Rool, Little Mac, and Ridley, the latter of which has a swarm of trolls on other sites). We can say that our favorite character is deserving all we want, which may or may not be true, but most people with realistic expectations will agree that there are not 15 deserving characters not yet playable and I'm sure Sakurai agrees. Heck some people don't think even think we have ten deserving characters left. The Wii-U can certainly handle 50 slots, but it doesn't mean it needs 50 slots.

Plus we are likely to get less newcomers then in Brawl due to many potential candidates suffering from all types of issues. Irrelevancy, not being important to series, licensing issues, etc.
Because the character icons would be microscopic.
I don't think size of the icons will be a problem.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
"NAZO" not NAZI.

It's Takamaru's game. Plays a lot like Zelda, except it's divided in chapters. It's a lot harder than Zelda. Less puzzles, more action. (Wow, sounds a lot like my favorite game).

Also... what about the video? Seen it. And I don't care about it. Ghost Rider is cool, but let me remind you that they didn't include him on the first version because they couldn't come up with a way to make him fight without his BIKE...

Wow. In the words of Will Smith...

"HACHOOO!!!! *sniff* Sorry, alergic to BS".
"What's up" with the video is the fact that Omega JUST mentioned Red Arremers for Smash, and Firebrand is one of those. What are the chances?! Also, he looks so ****ing cool! If they add Jubilee(don't hate) I am totally sold on the game(and they better not make her a vampire... so gay)!

Also, I lol'd irl at the icon size comment.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Because there aren't enough characters that people generally agree on that are deserving to be playable in SSB4 (I can name only three; King K. Rool, Little Mac, and Ridley, the latter of which has a swarm of trolls on other sites). We can say that our favorite character is deserving all we want, which may or may not be true, but most people with realistic expectations will agree that there are not 15 deserving characters not yet playable and I'm sure Sakurai agrees. Heck some people don't think even think we have ten deserving characters left. The Wii-U can certainly handle 50 slots, but it doesn't mean it needs 50 slots.I don't think size of the icons will be a problem.
Deserving isn't always the deciding factor. Can I redirect your attention to Phoenix wright. Once we run out of "deserving" characters, popular ones can begin to be added.

OmegaXXII

Deserving isn't always the deciding factor. Can I redirect your attention to Phoenix wright. Once we run out of "deserving" characters, popular ones can begin to be added.

QFT!!

Not to mention that popularity and demand also play big roles in deciding who gets to be in a certain game, also being iconic helps a character by a great demeanor.

Too bad this doesn't apply to the Blue Bomber, shame.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Cool concept, how about some music ideas as well!!

I think this character theme would work very well.

Anyways, here's a mental test along the lines of SSBFan's 38-slot roster test, but different. If Brawl was the first game in the series instead of SSB64, would you change the roster in anyway?

If Brawl was the first game, it means that "original twelve" or "unique moveset" status wouldn't matter when removing characters, because this is supposing the previous games never existed. It might also affect selecting new characters as well. You would still have to take into account recent and old game releases - you just wouldn't have to take into account any previous Smash Bros. games.

Note that Brawl's development started in 2005. Although you can add one or two characters from maybe 2006 and 2007, most characters are decided upon in 2005.

This would be my Brawl roster under these circumstances:

[COLLAPSE=Super Smash Bros. "1" Roster on Wii]* = indicates hidden character

Mario
Mario
Luigi *
Bowser
Peach

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong *
King K. Rool *

Yoshi
Yoshi

Wario
Wario

Legend of Zelda
Link
Ganondorf
Zelda/Sheik *

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede
Metaknight *

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley *

Star Fox
Fox
Falco *

Fire Emblem
Ike
Marth *

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario *
Mewtwo *

Pikmin
Olimar

Golden Sun
Isaac

Nintendo Wars
Andy

Custom Robo
Ray *

F-Zero
Captain Falcon *

Mother
Lucas *

Kid Icarus
Pit

Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

Robotic Operating Buddy
R.O.B. *

Game & Watch
Mr. Game & Watch *[/COLLAPSE]

Edit:
Because the character icons would be microscopic.
So we can't have that many characters because their icons are too big?

What logic is that? They can just add an arrow to the side of the character selection screen that scrolls you over to the second part of the screen, if even necessary.

D

Deleted member

To answer JavaCroc, here would be my answer:
[COLLAPSE="Super Smash Bros. "1" Roster][b]Super Mario Bros.:[/b]
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser*
Paper Mario*

[b]Donkey Kong:[/b]
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

[b]Mario Spin-Off:[/b]
Yoshi
Wario*

[b]The Legend of Zelda:[/b]
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*

[b]Metroid:[/b]
Samus
Ridley*

[b]Kirby:[/b]
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta-Knight*

[b]Star Fox:[/b]
Fox
Falco*

[b]Pokemon:[/b]
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo*
Lucario*

[b]Earthbound:[/b]
Lucas*

[b]F-zero:[/b]
Captain Falcon*

[b]Fire Emblem:[/b]
Marth
Ike*

[b]Kid Icarus:[/b]
Pit

[b]Pikmin:[/b]
Olimar

[b]Ice Climbers:[/b]
Ice Climbers

[b]Game & Watch:[/b]
Mr. Game & Watch*

[b]Gyromite/Stacker:[/b]
R.O.B.*

[b]Punch-Out!!:[/b]
Little Mac

[b]Golden Sun:[/b]
Isaac*

Cuts: Toon Link, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Ness (As much as I hated to do this, Lucas is more relevant, so he gets the spot), Snake, Sonic.

Additions: Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Little Mac, Isaac[/COLLAPSE][quote="disfunkshunal, post: 13048572"]Deserving isn't always the deciding factor. Can I redirect your attention to Phoenix wright. Once we run out of "deserving" characters, popular ones can begin to be added.

:phone:[/QUOTE]
That is true, as there are other factors to consider, but as we all know, Sakurai does not follow the "More characters = more fun" prophecy. I find it more likely that he'll put the series in a long hiatus then continue adding characters but no other major reasons to buy the next game.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
"What's up" with the video is the fact that Omega JUST mentioned Red Arremers for Smash, and Firebrand is one of those. What are the chances?! Also, he looks so ****ing cool! If they add Jubilee(don't hate) I am totally sold on the game(and they better not make her a vampire... so gay)!

Also, I lol'd irl at the icon size comment.

Putting a lot of weird obscure characters is more of Capcom's style. Nintendo knows how to keep this at a minimum rate.

Heck I'd love it if Nintendo would put in more obscure character instead of 7 Pokemon (besides 2 or 3 the rest could easily fit as Pokeball). But Alas...

And Firebrand had a decent fanbase, believe it or not.

In other thoughts, let me check my list of favorite games.

-Super Smash Bros. (sequel has been announced)
-StarTropics (discontinued)
-Chrono Trigger (discontinued)
-Sonic ("continues" but at the same time it's completely different from it's original glory)
-Megaman (apparently, it's getting discontinued)
-Bionic Commando (after the whole DMR fiasco, I bet this will get discontinued too)

It's a bad time to be me... Next in line I guess there would be a new Punch out, but no sequel has been confirmed.

If the new Super Smash Bros. is canned, I might as well stop gaming.

OmegaXXII

@JavaCroc: Yea, that track is awesome indeed, cool.

As for my roster choice concerning Brawl if it was the first game:...

Mario
Bowser
Luigi

•Donkey Kong
•Wario

•Ness

•Ike
•The Black Knight

•Fox
•Wolf

•Captain Falcon
• Black Shadow

•Pikachu
•Mewtwo

•Link
•Zelda
•Ganondorf

•Kirby
•Meta-Knight

•Samus
•Ridley
•Yoshi

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Oops! The whole roster for UMVC3 has been leaked and NO Megaman! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Wow! They even have Nemesis, a generic RE monster, but no Megaman. That **** is hilarious.

OmegaXXII

If the new Super Smash Bros. is canned, I might as well stop gaming.
This thread along with this board and every Smash fan anticipating this game would go into deprevation and enter into a state of oblivion.

In other words, it would be madness at it's best , It would create an outrage.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oops! The whole roster for UMVC3 has been leaked and NO Megaman! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Wow! They even have Nemesis, a generic RE monster, but no Megaman. That **** is hilarious.

Wow ... that's like... slow.

What kind of *** (no offense) laughs at this anyway?

I understand completely, wholeheartedly if you were laughing at no Megaman in Smash Bros. I would just shrug it off. No biggie. He didn't belong there anyway..

But a CAPCOM ALL-STAR game? That's like having a SEGA ALL STAR GAME without SONIC, or Alex Kid (if Megaman has in fact been deplaced off his mascot status).

What kind of immature attitude is that? That's not very cool, Hoots. Not cool at all.

- IN other regards, I think I'm going to jump in on Mortal Kombat 9 instead. At least I know they won't have a SUPER Mortal Kombat 9 six months after.

D

Deleted member

This thread along with this board and every Smash fan anticipating this game would go into deprevation and enter into a state of oblivion.

In other words, it would be madness at it's best , It would create an outrage.

The chances of us losing SSB4 is next to zero. Nintendo isn't stupid to drop a highly anticipated game like down like Capcom was with Mega Man Legends 3. However, if it we're to happen, I would not be surprise to see it hit the front news and the Nintendo core fan base to utterly collapse.

The fan base would never again recover and Nintendo's plan to bring back the core gamers would be impossible to do. It is this one game that will make or break the fan base.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Wow ... that's like... slow.

What kind of *** (no offense) laughs at this anyway?

I understand completely, wholeheartedly if you were laughing at no Megaman in Smash Bros. I would just shrug it off. No biggie. He didn't belong there anyway..

But a CAPCOM ALL-STAR game? That's like having a SEGA ALL STAR GAME without SONIC, or Alex Kid (if Megaman has in fact been deplaced off his mascot status).

What kind of immature attitude is that? That's not very cool, Hoots. Not cool at all.

- IN other regards, I think I'm going to jump in on Mortal Kombat 9 instead. At least I know they won't have a SUPER Mortal Kombat 9 six months after.
Megaman has had 2 games cancelled, his franchise is apparently on hiatus, and like you said, In a Capcom All Star game, a generic zombie got in over their mascot. Come on, you have to admit that level of utter shafting is pretty funny. It is almost unfathomabe. At least I think it's hilarious that Capcom is literally going out of their way to kill Megaman. Happens to the best of em. No need to get upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom