• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Megaman has had 2 games cancelled, his franchise is apparently on hiatus, and like you said, In a Capcom All Star game, a generic zombie got in over their mascot. Come on, you have to admit that level of utter shafting is pretty funny. It is almost unfathomabe. At least I think it's hilarious that Capcom is literally going out of their way to kill Megaman. Happens to the best of em. No need to get upset.

:phone:
Like shinhed-echi said, show some respect. You have no idea how infuriate Mega Man fans are with Capcom poor treatment of Mega Man recently. At this rate, I think if Mega Man doesn't get in SSB4, then he's done for and forgotten by Capcom. I'm very worried that they'll pull a Chrono Trigger kill-off on this one.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Megaman has had 2 games cancelled, his franchise is apparently on hiatus, and like you said, In a Capcom All Star game, a generic zombie got in over their mascot. Come on, you have to admit that level of utter shafting is pretty funny. It is almost unfathomabe. At least I think it's hilarious that Capcom is literally going out of their way to kill Megaman. Happens to the best of em. No need to get upset.

It's funny, but it's also effing serious to me.

Megaman was like... my last oasis of my favorite (brand) games after I gave up on Sonic.

What am I supposed to play now? Call of Duty? I haven't even heard of a pure 2D Metroid in the works so far so my chances of finding another shoot-platform game are slim to none.

I guess I still have HARD CORPS: Uprising.

I could've retained hope for Megaman in Smash Bros if at least: Battle Network, StarForce, Volnutt, or X would've made it in U-MvC3. But none of them is, as you say, going to kill the franchise single handedly.

I'm so ticked off at Capcom I don't even know how sorry to feel for Megaman.
You should brace yourself for RYU in Sm4sh then.

And if Capcom is indeed killing off Megaman to make way for other games.... Make way for what? 8 more Streetfighters? 10 more Resident Evil spinoffs? A promised Darkstalkers game that will never come? A Bionic Commando Rearmed 3 with more DRM limitations and twice the price, and 1/3 the gameplay experience of the first?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Like shinhed-echi said, show some respect. You have no idea how infuriate Mega Man fans are with Capcom poor treatment of Mega Man recently. At this rate, I think if Mega Man doesn't get in SSB4, then he's done for and forgotten by Capcom. I'm very worried that they'll pull a Chrono Trigger kill-off on this one.
Yes, if Capcom somehow manages to slip in Megaman over Ryu in Smash 4, I believe people will be more optimistic concerning his series, right now fans seem to be hurt by Capcom's decisions upon Megaman, and who knows, Capcom might just be doing it on purpose solely to create the hype for Smash 4, but I pretty much doubt that.

@shin: If the rumors of Megaman do turn up to be true, then I too am going to expect Ryu who IMO wouldn't be a bad choice at all, just not as good as Megaman.

D

Deleted member

shinhed-echi said:
I could've retained hope for Megaman in Smash Bros if at least: Battle Network, StarForce, Volnutt, or X would've made it in U-MvC3. But none of them is, as you say, going to kill the franchise single handedly.
I'm not giving up on Mega Man for SSB4, but this is why I am no longer expecting him in SSB4. The fact that we as fans of the series have now recognized that he is not near guarantee for SSB4 is really painful to admit and I am no longer optimistic about his inclusion. The only third-party characters I am expecting now are Sonic and Snake.

It is for this reason why my focus has switched to Nintendo characters and only Nintendo characters and why I will be pushing Victini's inclusion instead of Mega Man's.
OmegaXVII said:
If the rumors of Megaman do turn up to be true, then I too am going to expect Ryu who IMO wouldn't be a bad choice at all, just not as good as Megaman.
I'm not going to be expecting Ryu at all. I think if Mega Man doesn't get in, we won't be seeing any new third-party characters. The only thing we should be optimistic in regards to them are Snake's and Sonic's return.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yes, if Capcom somehow manages to slip in Megaman over Ryu in Smash 4, I believe people will be more optimistic concerning his series, right now fans seem to be hurt by Capcom's decisions upon Megaman, and who knows, Capcom might just be doing it on purpose solely to create the the for Smash 4, but I pretty much doubt that.

@shin: If the rumors of Megaman do turn up to be true, then I too am going to expect Ryu who IMO wouldn't be a bad choice at all, just not as good as Megaman.

Maybe... Ryu isn't a bad character. But he hasn't had 1/4 of the importance on a Nintendo system like the Blue Bomber.

I need to get out... I need a breath of fresh air. I hate being so snappy. I'm usually not, but this really grinded my gears.

Today I'm crossing off ANOTHER beloved franchise off my list. When will this stop?

Anyway. I'm off for a while. And I apologize for showing this side of me. I shouldn't even be ranting this on a SSB forum since this is a non-smash related issue, and Megaman's exclusion from SSB4 wouldn't even phaze me half as much as this has.

*sigh*

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Yes, if Capcom somehow manages to slip in Megaman over Ryu in Smash 4, I believe people will be more optimistic concerning his series, right now fans seem to be hurt by Capcom's decisions upon Megaman, and who knows, Capcom might just be doing it on purpose solely to create the the for Smash 4, but I pretty much doubt that.

Megaman is the only Capcom rep I want to see in Smash4. I doubt Sakurai would ever consider putting someone as uninteresting as Ryu in, when there are so many better Third Party choices. As for Capcom, I don't know why so many people worship it so much even though its a pretty ****ty company that doesn't give a **** about its fans(not as bad as SE but still). How long have we been waiting for another Darkstalkers? I rest my case.

As for you Shinhed, I suggest picking up some DS games. Professor Layton is awesome and everyone who I have recommended it to has loved it. Then you have The Legendary Starfy, Animal Crossing, Okamiden, New Super Mario Bros, Pokemon Black and White, and plenty of other awesome games. You can also hit up the VC. DKC2 is still the greatest game I have ever played and it never loses its fun and has aged incredibly well. Develop some new obsessions that are less obscure and life will suck less. It is a good lesson to learn (Sniff... sniff... I miss Deadwood...)

OmegaXXII

I'm not going to be expecting Ryu at all. I think if Mega Man doesn't get in, we won't be seeing any new third-party characters. The only thing we should be optimistic in regards to them are Snake's and Sonic's return.
I can definetly see where you're coming from, I only mentioned Ryu if Capcom and Sakurai are indeed scheming some kind of negociation between possible characters, aside from Capcom I would expect a Square-Enix rep but ONLY if it's demanded enough by fans.

Otherwise I can truly only see Sonic and maybe Snake if Kojima pleases.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why do people want Phoenix Wright in fighting games so badly? He is a lawyer who sits in the courtroom. The only thing I can see him doing is shouting "OBJECTION!" over and over again. I absolutely hate the idea of him in SSB4, moreso then Zoroark getting in SSB4 and I already heavily despise that.
My, my, my, aren't you salty? As insane as it is, Capcom has apparently found some way for Phoenix Wright to be playable. I'm kind of curious why Rocket Raccoon is in though. Never heard of him, but ten bucks I'll come to love him like She-Hulk and Tron Bonne.

But let's face it, Megaman wasn't that popular of a fighter in the last two MvC games and he was just bland. As much as you hate to hear this: I think it's the end of Megaman. At the very least, this hiatus could very well mean that they are trying to find a way to reinvent him. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets something similar to what happened to Pit.

Am I the only one that got a strong Ridley feeling from Firebrand? His head is even shaped liked Ridley's.
My theory on Megaman's hiatus is above. As for Nemesis, he's actually a rather important character. He was the final boss in the original Resident Evil AND he's out to kill all members of S.T.A.R.S.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, I was disappointed and overwhelmed with the first one. Damage was too high and rewarding for a single read and some characters like Wolverine and (Dark) Phoenix were just stupid, especially with X-Factor. Speaking of which, I'm very happy to see that while the damage percentage increase looks to be the same, they've cut the duration down big time.

Which reminds me, damage going down is a great plus to me. Not as discouraging and rage inducing as the old one.

Overall, I'm actually rather excited for this one. Phoenix Wright, a character who I wanted but was never sure how could work, is in and the currently shown characters so far are all very interesting and unique. So, with all these additions and changes, I'm looking to give the game another chance.

OmegaXXII

Yea, mecanic wise it might just improve from the previous game, and Infind it funny that we were talking about a remake of a game a couple of days back.

As for Phoenix Wright, I'm pretty much hyped about his inclusion as well as Strider, other than that Im straight, but I still can't beleive how Capcom decided to include a Phoenix Wright a character who has never been in a mainstream fighter over
Megaman, a character who has.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OH MY GOODNESS. I was just spouting a bunch Firebrand support on here yesterday and I wake up to find he's playable in Marvel.

It's like Christmas. Too bad I don't... have... the game...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oasis, watch the videos with Firebrand and use that as inspiration for Ridley.

DO IT!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom will have 48 characters

Watch as the Super Smash Bros. fan base expect 50+ characters, then to be let down when we get 35-45 slots.
It would sound disturbing if Smash Wii U has a smaller roster than UMvC3. I'm not expecting a huge roster, but the 45-55 range is realistic enough.

I think it somewhat relates to SSB4 because like I said, people are going to raise their expectations to unrealistic heights. I would not be surprised to see a lot more 50-60 slots roster just because this game has 48.Goes to show that more characters do not make a better roster, it's the character itself that makes the roster better. That's why I loved Brawl's roster despite it being only 35 slots, it focused on characters that were significant to it's series and pleased many fans. With this remix of Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, there are only three characters that I like the additions of; Strider Hiryu, Frank West, and Ghost Rider. The fact that the roster lacks Mega Man is sad.

I am very worried that Mega Man may not even get a mention in SSB4 and instead, Ryu/Phoenix Wright. :scared:

Also, I am expecting a Phoenix Wright alliance to pop up soon.
Phoenix Wright is in UMvC3? Now that's an unusual twist, considering that he's an attorney, not a fighter.

Also, no Mega Man in MvC3 seems to show Capcom's reluctance to use him in future games. But whether or not he gets into Smash Wii U, that's a case that I'm neutral with.

Why do people want Phoenix Wright in fighting games so badly? He is a lawyer who sits in the courtroom. The only thing I can see him doing is shouting "OBJECTION!" over and over again. I absolutely hate the idea of him in SSB4, moreso then Zoroark getting in SSB4 and I already heavily despise that.
Zoroark is highly similar to Lucario though. They're both recognized for being one of the first Pokemon revealed for their generations; Lucario for generation 4; Zoroark for generation 5.

As a result, it just seems right if Zoroark becomes Lucario's replacement for Smash Wii U.

OmegaXXII

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
I'd like a slight size increase in the roster, but anything over 50 is excessive. I don't want Smash to suffer from the Dragonball Z Tenkaichi syndrome.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd like a slight size increase in the roster, but anything over 50 is excessive. I don't want Smash to suffer from the Dragonball Z Tenkaichi syndrome.
Does this include transformations? Zelda and Samus each have one, and the Pokemon Trainer utilizes three different Pokemon.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Absolutely. We need to have balance and unique sets. If we are expecting ~15 characters, the development team has the ability to come up with that many movesets as well as continue luigification of Luigi, Wolf, Falco, Toon Link, Lucas.

I wanted to put out my newest Roster prediction. My current thoughts:
1. Considering the removal of Andy and Advance Wars.
2. Considering Addition of Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow
3. Debating Lucas and Jigglypuff's cut status.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

DO IT!
Would Firebrand's fireballs work for Ridley...? It's kind of hard to imagine Ridley pulling off combos like this since Marvel is so different, lol.

INCIDENTALLY, did you get my last PM? Or did I not get yours again maybe? Or was there just nothing to follow-up on, lol.

Anyway, concerning roster size, I'm thinking 46 (total) is a good minimum (nevermind, that's only 42 slots, lol), 48 being preferable, and 51 being the maximum sound reasonable.

EDIT: COOL.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I saw it this morning, but I've been busy today so I'll look at it soon enough.

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Does this include transformations? Zelda and Samus each have one, and the Pokemon Trainer utilizes three different Pokemon.
Including transformations, yes. Brawl had 39 playable characters (including TFs), and if we cut a few guys that should allow for more than enough new fighters.

D

Deleted member

It would sound disturbing if Smash Wii U has a smaller roster than UMvC3. I'm not expecting a huge roster, but the 45-55 range is realistic enough.

Zoroark is highly similar to Lucario though. They're both recognized for being one of the first Pokemon revealed for their generations; Lucario for generation 4; Zoroark for generation 5.

As a result, it just seems right if Zoroark becomes Lucario's replacement for Smash Wii U.
- I wouldn't really find it disturbing if the roster was smaller then Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 because TBH, I only really need eight more Nintendo newcomers and 37 slots. Trying to beat out UMvC3's roster would be kind of unnecessary and I'm sure Sakurai will agree with me on this that more characters =/= a better game.

- Frankly, the bolded is why I am totally against Zoroark making an appearance as a playable character. Cutting Lucario for him would scream cutting for the sake of relevancy and characters already in should not be removed due to not being relevant. IF one of Mewtwo/Lucario returns for SSB4 and Zoroark was playable (Providing that five slots are available for Pokemon), I would accept Zoroark, but I just don't see five slots happening with Zoroark in the picture.
I have to agree. I will warmly welcome a 50+ slots roster that has better balanced then Brawl, but that will take 4+ years to do, and considering the dwindling amount of Nintendo characters that are worthy enough to be playable, if done right, we can still have a solid 37-40 character slot roster.

Edit: Oh, you're talking about over 50 characters transformations included. I don't think 47-50 slots is excessive if they can find some really good choices out their, but I agree with the message. More characters =/= a better roster nor a better game.

OmegaXXII

Smash roster meh.. I think Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will do it for me.

As for the roster, I would like to see 50+ characters but it's better to think bad about it that to think about it good, it wi only end up dissapointing you.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Including transformations, yes. Brawl had 39 playable characters (including TFs), and if we cut a few guys that should allow for more than enough new fighters.
Let's see, my roster has 54 fighters total; Pokemon Trainer isn't an actual fighter, as it's his Pokemon who do the fighting.

If I were to remove the fillers, the roster drops to 52. That's one number higher than the 51 maximum that Oasis_S stated. No 3rd parties, 48, which is what Oasis_S states as being preferable. However, if transformations aren't applied, the roster total becomes 44, which is below my 45-55 range expectation.

OmegaXXII

48 characters would be for the best including transformations, 52/53 would be great but that a bit too high, you also have to consider how Sora is going to balance the game as far as clones and balancing goes, too many characters may screw this up.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Just in case a visual helps, y'know. That's 44 slots, 48 characters. All rather reasonable choices. Obviously some notable characters are left out. K. Rool? Medusa? Burger Knight? Add them and that's 51. It's an increase of 12, which is one less than the increase we saw from Melee to Brawl, and two less than the increase we saw from 64 to Melee. Perfectly reasonable, I'd say.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

As a result, it just seems right if Zoroark becomes Lucario's replacement for Smash Wii U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m1uLz8I0dc&feature=related

Munclax was the first in gen 4. Deoxys movie, bro.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I altered my roster image into two forms; no fillers; no fillers + no 3rd parties. This is done to give people an idea of what my roster would look like if I applied the details that I stated on the following quote...

Let's see, my roster has 54 fighters total; Pokemon Trainer isn't an actual fighter, as it's his Pokemon who do the fighting.

If I were to remove the fillers, the roster drops to 52. That's one number higher than the 51 maximum that Oasis_S stated. No 3rd parties, 48, which is what Oasis_S states as being preferable. However, if transformations aren't applied, the roster total becomes 44, which is below my 45-55 range expectation.
For those who haven't seen my roster, go here for the roster image, and here for the roster in text form.

No Fillers

No Fillers + No 3rd Parties

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This pretty much shows why I think the rules of Pokemon characters are never consistent and is why I don't follow patterns in regards to them. At least with other franchises it's somewhat reliable. After all, few people expected Lucario to be playable in SSB4.

Anyway, nice find.
You sure about that? Lol.

He was the top contender. People wanted Blaziken or Deoxys as third gen reps, but I think Lucario was the fairly agreed upon fourth gen rep. After the Deoxys update it became obvious that representing each gen wasn't a priority. Other than Lucario it was... Munchlax as a fourth gen rep. Obviously Lucario seemed the better choice.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Characters and characters and characters.........
Smash Brothers......... :/

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Because there aren't enough characters that people generally agree on that are deserving to be playable in SSB4 (I can name only three; King K. Rool, Little Mac, and Ridley, the latter of which has a swarm of trolls on other sites). We can say that our favorite character is deserving all we want, which may or may not be true, but most people with realistic expectations will agree that there are not 15 deserving characters not yet playable and I'm sure Sakurai agrees. Heck some people don't think even think we have ten deserving characters left. The Wii-U can certainly handle 50 slots, but it doesn't mean it needs 50 slots.

Plus we are likely to get less newcomers then in Brawl due to many potential candidates suffering from all types of issues. Irrelevancy, not being important to series, licensing issues, etc.I don't think size of the icons will be a problem.
I know I'm a little late to respond, but you've got a point. Ridley, Little Mac, and King K. Rool are the newcomers for SSB4, in probably just that order I named them. I've already explained Ridley. Little Mac's revival and retro games puts him up there with Pit as a character - plus, he was probably one of the more popular characters wanted for an considered for Brawl. And Donkey Kong - the franchise responsible for creating Mario - has the historical significance and the series revival that should give it another character - and despite his lack of relevance currently, K. Rool is that character.

Afterwards, it should be noticeable to everyone that we debate and have set opinions for, against, or uncaring for the inclusion of any other characters.

I do think that SSB4 desperately need more new, modern Nintendo franchise reps, though, because Olimar and Wario didn't cut it for me in Brawl.

To answer JavaCroc, here would be my answer:
[COLLAPSE="Super Smash Bros. "1" Roster][b]Super Mario Bros.:[/b]
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser*
Paper Mario*

[b]Donkey Kong:[/b]
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

[b]Mario Spin-Off:[/b]
Yoshi
Wario*

[b]The Legend of Zelda:[/b]
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*

[b]Metroid:[/b]
Samus
Ridley*

[b]Kirby:[/b]
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta-Knight*

[b]Star Fox:[/b]
Fox
Falco*

[b]Pokemon:[/b]
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo*
Lucario*

[b]Earthbound:[/b]
Lucas*

[b]F-zero:[/b]
Captain Falcon*

[b]Fire Emblem:[/b]
Marth
Ike*

[b]Kid Icarus:[/b]
Pit

[b]Pikmin:[/b]
Olimar

[b]Ice Climbers:[/b]
Ice Climbers

[b]Game & Watch:[/b]
Mr. Game & Watch*

[b]Gyromite/Stacker:[/b]
R.O.B.*

[b]Punch-Out!!:[/b]
Little Mac

[b]Golden Sun:[/b]
Isaac*

Cuts: Toon Link, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Ness (As much as I hated to do this, Lucas is more relevant, so he gets the spot), Snake, Sonic.

Additions: Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo, Little Mac, Isaac[/COLLAPSE][/QUOTE]
Dang, I forgot Little Mac.

[quote="Super Smash Bros. Fan, post: 13048819"]The chances of us losing SSB4 is next to zero. Nintendo isn't stupid to drop a highly anticipated game like down like Capcom was with Mega Man Legends 3. However, if it we're to happen, I would not be surprise to see it hit the front news and the Nintendo core fan base to utterly collapse.

The fan base would never again recover and Nintendo's plan to bring back the core gamers would be impossible to do. It is this one game that will make or break the fan base.
I doubt SSB4 is dying. However, I don't think losing Smash Bros. would completely stop Nintendo in their tracks, although it would greatly hinder them. We'd still have all their other franchises and inevitable games to enjoy.

Hoots, show some respect for the Blue Bomber. I don't think Capcom is done with him yet, but I do think his series is positioned on a cliff edge right now.

DO IT!
That video shows that Ridley can be done in Smash Bros. Show this and Oasis's diagrams to any anti-Ridley people and they shall be silenced.

Absolutely. We need to have balance and unique sets. If we are expecting ~15 characters, the development team has the ability to come up with that many movesets as well as continue luigification of Luigi, Wolf, Falco, Toon Link, Lucas.

Honestly, I've changed my mind on adding another F-Zero rep. The franchise is on hiatus much like Custom Robo, Nintendo Wars, and even Yoshi are. I don't think F-Zero should get another rep just because it hasn't since the original SSB64, even if Mother now has two reps. At least Mother got a game in 2006. F-Zero's last game was in 2004. Besides, Yoshi hasn't got another rep either and Yoshi's Island DS released in 2007 in Japan and 2006 everywhere else, so Yoshi is more relevant. Yet does anyone want another Yoshi rep?

I'd prefer the slot for a second F-Zero rep be used for another new franchise or even a retro character.

Just in case a visual helps, y'know. That's 44 slots, 48 characters. All rather reasonable choices. Obviously some notable characters are left out. K. Rool? Medusa? Burger Knight? Add them and that's 51. It's an increase of 12, which is one less than the increase we saw from Melee to Brawl, and two less than the increase we saw from 64 to Melee. Perfectly reasonable, I'd say.
I wouldn't mind this roster for SSB4. Sure, we don't get another DK rep or Mario rep, but I do think Kid Icarus does not need another rep, no matter if Sakurai is behind the franchises's revival game Uprising. A new Fire Emblem rep would be nice, but isn't necessary when it comes down to it. I think Goroh can be swapped with another character, but that's just me.

I like how your third row down features mostly villains. I like it when a roster image does more than just paste character pictures in a generic order.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Hmm i want some separate discussions maybe like that we can be more organized

I know I'm a little late to respond, but you've got a point. Ridley, Little Mac, and King K. Rool are the newcomers for SSB4, in probably just that order I named them. I've already explained Ridley. Little Mac's revival and retro games puts him up there with Pit as a character - plus, he was probably one of the more popular characters wanted for an considered for Brawl. And Donkey Kong - the franchise responsible for creating Mario - has the historical significance and the series revival that should give it another character - and despite his lack of relevance currently, K. Rool is that character.

Afterwards, it should be noticeable to everyone that we debate and have set opinions for, against, or uncaring for the inclusion of any other characters.

I do think that SSB4 desperately need more new, modern Nintendo franchise reps, though, because Olimar and Wario didn't cut it for me in Brawl.

Dang, I forgot Little Mac.

I doubt SSB4 is dying. However, I don't think losing Smash Bros. would completely stop Nintendo in their tracks, although it would greatly hinder them. We'd still have all their other franchises and inevitable games to enjoy.

Hoots, show some respect for the Blue Bomber. I don't think Capcom is done with him yet, but I do think his series is positioned on a cliff edge right now.

That video shows that Ridley can be done in Smash Bros. Show this and Oasis's diagrams to any anti-Ridley people and they shall be silenced.

Honestly, I've changed my mind on adding another F-Zero rep. The franchise is on hiatus much like Custom Robo, Nintendo Wars, and even Yoshi are. I don't think F-Zero should get another rep just because it hasn't since the original SSB64, even if Mother now has two reps. At least Mother got a game in 2006. F-Zero's last game was in 2004. Besides, Yoshi hasn't got another rep either and Yoshi's Island DS released in 2007 in Japan and 2006 everywhere else, so Yoshi is more relevant. Yet does anyone want another Yoshi rep?

I'd prefer the slot for a second F-Zero rep be used for another new franchise or even a retro character.

I wouldn't mind this roster for SSB4. Sure, we don't get another DK rep or Mario rep, but I do think Kid Icarus does not need another rep, no matter if Sakurai is behind the franchises's revival game Uprising. A new Fire Emblem rep would be nice, but isn't necessary when it comes down to it. I think Goroh can be swapped with another character, but that's just me.

I like how your third row down features mostly villains. I like it when a roster image does more than just paste character pictures in a generic order.
Who the **** said they should remove F-Zero?! OMFG! who would say that?! Without Captain Falcon There is no smash brothers! OMFG! >: O

D

Deleted member

You sure about that? Lol.

He was the top contender. People wanted Blaziken or Deoxys as third gen reps, but I think Lucario was the fairly agreed upon fourth gen rep. After the Deoxys update it became obvious that representing each gen wasn't a priority. Other than Lucario it was... Munchlax as a fourth gen rep. Obviously Lucario seemed the better choice.
Most people wanted Blaziken or Deoxys at the time, not Lucario. He didn't really poll that high in popularity and neither did Pokemon Trainer. As such, as people at the time considered popularity to be much more important then they really are and as such, many expected one of Deoxys/Blaziken to be playable. This shows that relevancy was also important, which is why Lucario got in.

Fifth gen is different because Sakurai doesn't have to worry about a limited amount of 5th gen Pokemon characters as compared to the fourth gen. As such, he is free to choose whatever he wants. Had development started before 2011, Zoroark would be a shoe-in. However, because of this, he is not and has to compete with Victini for the spot, among many others.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Who the **** said they should remove F-Zero?! OMFG! who would say that?! Without Captain Falcon There is no smash brothers! OMFG! >: O
No one said remove F-Zero or Captain Falcon. I just said that the series doesn't need a second rep. So while Captain Falcon must stay because he's every bit deserving and awesome, the series itself doesn't anything more than the Falcon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

It was mostly to show that 48 characters is reasonable. And just to let you know, I agree with what you said. I'm not comfortable thinking of K. Rool as highly likely, especially not on the level of Ridley or Little Mac. I just fear he'll get shafted yet again. Kid Icarus doesn't need another character at all, but Medusa is kind of interesting so I just threw her name out there. I don't think he's likely at all, but I like the idea of Burger Knight being playable so I tossed out his name too. :3 Also, I should also have mentioned STARFY.

Oh, and as far as ARRANGEMENT goes, I want to point out that Takamaru and Pit are below their respective sister-series, LoZ and Metroid. :V

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
So why again isn't Krystal on the map? I seem to remember her being a popular choice for Brawl, and while her popularity inevitable waned over time, I don't think it would be low enough to bar her as a potential newcomer.

In other words, I need proof of purchase.

[COLLAPSE="Aw ye"]
[/Collapse]

OmegaXXII

Nice roster, I approve of it.

Definetly remove Andy and add Black Shadow instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom