• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Are you talking about playable characters? There is not a single potential candidate other than Little Mac. If they added someone like Bald Bull as playable I would boycott the game.
Well sorta off, but like I said, Little Maqc is the most deserving from the Punch-Out series.

I was thinking more along the lines of AT and such.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
@ Master Rapier: So who would you see as a potential candidate aside from Little Mac?

Mr. Sandman or Bald Bull?

They do seem interesting characters even though Little Mac is the most deserving.
I can almost garantee that they will only have one playable Punch Out character and it will be Little Mac.

As for an Assist Trophy Bald Bull is most likely because he would act just like Mac does in Brawl. (Mac even does the Bull Charge). He would just be bigger.

As for a boss I believe King Hippo will be it. It would be interesting because he will have specific target areas that will change (e.g. you have to hit the mouth at certain times then the belly).

And for some reason my grammar sucks really badly.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
For Assist Trophy I somehow see Super Macho Man working out pretty good.

Showing off to the audience before he starts doing the super spin punch trademark of his.

I made a moveset for Little Mac early on this thread. The four special moves I envisioned for him would be:

-B: Rapid Punch
(a technique from Super Punch Out! which involve a series of fast punches that cause dizzyness)

-B>: Counter Punch
(a counter attack with good horizontal knockback)

-Bv: Psych Up:
(A move that slowly replenishes %. Reduces 1% per second. This move is commonly used everytime you KO a boxer, or between rounds)

-B^: Star Punch:
(A rising punch attack that has a sweetspot where the arm starts to extend)

Final Smash: OBVIOUSLY Giga Mac.

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc said:
So what enemies, locations, or even little obscure references do you want in the next Adventure Mode?
Earthbound should have at least a stage in Adventure Mode. Something like Onett, Fourside, or Saturn Valley would do.
Roy-Kun said:
What is it with people wanting Isaac more than Matthew? (I might be wrong however.) Matthew is the new Golden Sun lead character, and he's technically Isaac. I mean even gameplay-wise in Dark Dawn, Matthew has the same status as his father.
It's because Isaac is the protagonist of the best selling and best receiving Golden Sun game, remains relevant in the series in all three installments, and is the most important Golden Sun character, leading to his high fan demand. I'm indifferent as to when Isaac or Matthew gets in, but Isaac is a better and more likely choice for a playable rep.
OmegaXVII said:
As for Genesect, I'm not too sure about it's chances, sure it's popular and relevant to the Pokemon franchise, but I believe Victini and Zoroark's chances are much higher, not saying he doesn't have a chance, with Sakurai anything is pretty much possible.
I don't think he has much of a chance. The fact he hasn't even been revealed yet makes is very improbable that he'll be playable. He may not even get the Pokeball treatment because of this. The only ones with a good shot are Victini and Zoroark.
OmegaXVII said:
So..what do you think of Megaman now that his game was cancelled? Possibly Ryu? After all he is the face of Capcom, he might have chance at Smash.
I still think Mega Man is the most likely third-party rep, but I am very worried about him due to the recent cancellation of his games. Being the only third-party character I can safely say is deserving, it worries me that Capcom will back stab it's fans once again and put Ryu in instead of Mega Man if the even get a rep. Hopefully, the massive demands Mega Man get should be enough to get him in, so I still have faith in his inclusion, but I am no longer expecting him or any third-party characters aside from Sonic and Snake (I didn't put them in my lowest expectations roster, but I am expecting both to return).

As for Ryu, I would say that he along with Slime are tied for the second most likely third-party character in the game, although Ryu getting barely any demands will more likely then not keep him out. Still, I would certainly accept Ryu under the condition that Mega Man (Classic or X version) is in as well, but is far from deserving.
Master Rapier said:
For SSB4 which Punch Out character do you think will make the best boss?
King Hippo by far.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I only ask that you specify on what Little Mac's Down-B move does, the way you put it sounds a bit confusing.
Basically, you "heal" your percentage damage by 1 every second, as long as you hold Down-B.

(Meaning, by the end of 10 seconds, Little Mac will have recovered 10%)

"Recovering" 1% every second is a balanced way of making a character recover health, because it sounds insignificant, but at the same time, you'll need to be able to keep your opponent away from you to do this effectively.

If Little Mac is short ranged AND short, he'll need at least this advantage. And this move, like I said, is a staple of his games.

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
shinhed-echi said:
"Recovering" 1% every second is a balanced way of making a character recover health, because it sounds insignificant, but at the same time, you'll need to be able to keep your opponent away from you to do this effectively.
And that's what the Horizontal Knockback moves are for....nice...., just hope it doesn't have too much knockback on opponents with low damage percentages.

BTW, hope nintendo is looking at these posts.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Thinking about a Punch Out! representative for the Adventure Mode... I could expect nothing but a Stadium like stage where you fought Petey Piranha, and instead fight King Hippo.

It'd be really nice if we got a stage for each franchise (no need to have 4 stages to represent 4 Mario characters, and such).

Mario:
-Mushroomy Kingdom (without automatic scrolling) ((this or something more unique))

Zelda:
-Lost Woods. :D With Saria's song looping.

Metroid:
-A Norfair stage.

Pokemon:
-Mt.Moon would be pretty cool. That, or the Elite Four, using Pokemon from the roster.

Fire Emblem:
-Akanea Castle invasion. (Take out generic units from the game)

Mother 2:
-Onett at night, with Starmen jr. invading everywhere, you must reach the meteorite and fight Ness.

Etc.

OmegaXXII

I don't think he has much of a chance. The fact he hasn't even been revealed yet makes is very improbable that he'll be playable. He may not even get the Pokeball treatment because of this. The only ones with a good shot are Victini and Zoroark.
I agree with this statement, Even though Genesect is somewhat exposed from the Pokemon franchise, I don't think he's popular enough, nor is he deserving enough IMO, I think Mewtwo or Lucario would make better Pokemon than him IMO.

:phone:

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
shinhed-echi said:
It'd be really nice if we got a stage for each franchise (no need to have 4 stages to represent 4 Mario characters, and such).
I think a stage per character would be nice, it'd give a bit of insight to the character and give them a bit of uniqueness

What about the Kirby series? Maybe something really famous that hasn't been used yet....an idea

A differently styled Green Greens where whispy is a part of the stage constantly trying to kill players my raining down apples, bugs, and gordos, or possibly trying to blow them off the stage sometimes or blowing puffs of wind/mini tornados that harm the player.

That could be kirby's stage.

D

Deleted member

I agree with this statement, Even though Genesect is somewhat exposed from the Pokemon franchise, I don't think he's popular enough, nor is he deserving enough IMO, I think Mewtwo or Lucario would make better Pokemon than him IMO.

You should return to the Rate Their Chances thread; you sure did miss out on a lot of good candidates.

OmegaXXII

I believe Kirby will get some kind of representation from Kirby Wii, so I'm not to worried about it.

The only Kirby stage I'd like to see back is The Halberd from Brawl.

D

Deleted member

I believe Kirby will get some kind of representation from Kirby Wii, so I'm not to worried about it.

Halberd is awesome. As a matter of fact, it's among the best stage in Brawl, so it should make a return.

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
I believe Kirby will get some kind of representation from Kirby Wii, so I'm not too worried about it.

Well maybe not just brought back, but changed a little too, Halberd was a bit lacking in something.... but at the same time, it seems to be complete, IDK, just my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Currently sending invitations via PM to other potential members to join the Operation: Connect group. I want to help increase the activity of the group and to ensure that it has not been forgotten.

Operation: Connect FTW!

This is the message for all who are interested in joining:

Operation Connect said:
Hello there. A group by Fatmanonice called "Operation: Connect" has a group dedicating to discussing how to optimize SSB4's online to make it unforgettable to the fans. We are looking for new active members to help increase the activity of this group and to help achieve our goal in helping to increase the online.

The thread is in here. The group is in here. Please aid us in our effort to improve the online.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Halberd is awesome. As a matter of fact, it's among the best stage in Brawl, so it should make a return.
Agreed, I remember being so hyped when Halberd was shown in the trailer.

Halberd, Pictochat, and especially Yoshi's Island are great stages, fun to play with not that much crazy stuff (and when it does happen' it's actually appreciated and not forced, my biggest problem with stages meant to be 'crazy'), they're well designed, great to look at, and huge nostalgia trips is what Smash is about

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What about the Kirby series? Maybe something really famous that hasn't been used yet....an idea
The only places I can think of are Mt. Dedede, Castle Lololo, Float Islands, and the obivous Epic Yarn Stage.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I definetly can say that I agree, having more exclusive or non-universal roster would not only make Nintendo more profit, but it would also please fans as well, why? Think about it, if Sakurai decides to include a character and takes their console apperance into consideration then most likely if a said character like Y.Link didn't appear on Wii-U then most likely Sakurai wouldn't consider him, but on the other hand he would stand a better chance at appearing in the 3DS version solely for that purpose.

In general I agree with non-universal roster, it just limits the fun and possibilities that one can do with characters between both games, besides if there is such a thing like "leveling up" then that would be even better and convinient to have it in amulti-player setting as well as on the go.

Actually, it could very garner LESS profit. People aren't gonna like the idea that one character is exclusive to one version of another. Pokemon can get away with it because of trading, but not Smash.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Actually, it could very garner LESS profit. People aren't gonna like the idea that one character is exclusive to one version of another. Pokemon can get away with it because of trading, but not Smash.
Am I crazy for thinking the main selling point is just the idea that it's SMASH ON THE GO? Surely just that would overshadow anything else.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thinking about a Punch Out! representative for the Adventure Mode... I could expect nothing but a Stadium like stage where you fought Petey Piranha, and instead fight King Hippo.

Mario:
-Mushroomy Kingdom (without automatic scrolling) ((this or something more unique))

Zelda:
-Lost Woods. :D With Saria's song looping.

Metroid:
-A Norfair stage.

Pokemon:
-Mt.Moon would be pretty cool. That, or the Elite Four, using Pokemon from the roster.

Fire Emblem:
-Akanea Castle invasion. (Take out generic units from the game)

Mother 2:
-Onett at night, with Starmen jr. invading everywhere, you must reach the meteorite and fight Ness.

Etc.
Let us not fight a SNES Ness while versing a wii u one.... -_-
Even though many stages are unbalanced, only having one stage per franchise would likely disappoint many fans. Not even 64 limited it completely(mario had 2 stages) like that.

Of course some franchises should only get one stage, some others deserve the attention methinks. I like the diversity of the stages, and it was a joy in brawl finidng out exactly what each stage had to offer: Sometimes i still am(i recently was spectating a battle((yeah i do that when i can't find anyone else and i'm bored)) and it was Lylat Cruise. Suddenly, the ship warps to corneria, and out of nowhere, peppy comes on to the com and starts speaking, and peppy, fox, falco and slippy have a conversation about how much they've done to protect the planet(and then wolf shows up and tells them they aren't safe yet, etc etc.). While i must admit it was kind of annoying to see fox on it and fox in the battle i was watching(i mentioned this kind of thing before, especially since fox and ness aren't generic chars), it was still fun to see something i hadn't before in my time playing brawl ^^.

Sorry i'm ranting hehe.
Anyways, i'm not going to be showing up much for a little while now that i have school back. But i'll try and drop in when i can. For now though i guess i can do a small amount of talkin'. :D

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Let us not fight a SNES Ness while versing a wii u one.... -_-
Even though many stages are unbalanced, only having one stage per franchise would likely disappoint many fans. Not even 64 limited it completely(mario had 2 stages) like that.

Of course some franchises should only get one stage, some others deserve the attention methinks. I like the diversity of the stages, and it was a joy in brawl finidng out exactly what each stage had to offer: Sometimes i still am(i recently was spectating a battle((yeah i do that when i can't find anyone else and i'm bored)) and it was Lylat Cruise. Suddenly, the ship warps to corneria, and out of nowhere, peppy comes on to the com and starts speaking, and peppy, fox, falco and slippy have a conversation about how much they've done to protect the planet(and then wolf shows up and tells them they aren't safe yet, etc etc.). While i must admit it was kind of annoying to see fox on it and fox in the battle i was watching(i mentioned this kind of thing before, especially since fox and ness aren't generic chars), it was still fun to see something i hadn't before in my time playing brawl ^^.

Sorry i'm ranting hehe.
Anyways, i'm not going to be showing up much for a little while now that i have school back. But i'll try and drop in when i can. For now though i guess i can do a small amount of talkin'. :D

I was talking about Adventure Mode, you know. :D
Adventure Mode stages will be BIG, so no point in using more than one stage per franchise, when they can have elements to represent every character in a single stage.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I like the idea of having home stages, but it really works better for so me characters better than others, and we would miss out on having some really creative stages... Anyway, here's a list with everything I could think of. :)

Mario- Spaceship Mario
Luigi- Haunted Mansion
Peach- Mushroom Kingdom
Bowser- Bowser's Castle
Bowser Jr.- Isle Delfino

Link- Temple of Time
Zelda/Shiek- Temple (Melee)
Ganondorf- Ganon's Tower (OOT)
Toon Link- Great Sea
Tingle- Rupeeland Spring

Samus- Zebes, Chozo Ruins
Ridley- Norfair