• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFox

Smash Rookie
Let's not get too crazy with the big breasted ladies.
That rhymes!...almost. Anyways, they don't need to be big, they can just hack it to make them bigger :bee: lol jk. I barely pay attention to girls in fighting games anyways.

Note: I doubt they'd let a Marvel character in, due to it coming from comics. If they did, it probably have to originate from a video game, and this is the only video game originated Marvel character I know

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
In general, I am against cutting characters. In my "between a prediction and a wishlist" personal roster (you've seen a now very outdated version of it), I retain all Brawl veterans.

But if it were a wishlist roster, and I made decisions based on who is deserving IMO, then Jigglypuff should get the boot. Again, she's lost much of her popularity and isn't very important at all to Pokemon. IMO, the only strands that Jigglypuff are hanging on are her popularity within the Smash Bros. community and her unique moveset - original twelve status doesn't necessarily cut it for me.

Meanwhile, Mewtwo is still a popular Pokemon. He is the Legendary Pokemon of the series.

So it depends on what kind of roster I'm making. For a "prediction" roster or my "between a prediction and a wishlist" roster, Jigglypuff stays and Mewtwo doesn't come back. But if I had total control and made a roster according to who I seriously believe is deserving, Jigglypuff goes and Mewtwo returns.
Wow, I'm as indecisive and unpredictable when it comes to opinions as I am in life. :facepalm:

Scrap this post. While I do think Mewtwo is more deserving, I actually do think Jigglypuff should remain in Smash Bros. Ugh.

If I made decisions based on who was deserving without taking note of their own importance in the Smash series, then yes, Mewtwo is more deserving. Jigglypuff may have lost her importance in her own series, but she's still an important part of the Smash Bros. series. To take her away is like when they took away Mewtwo - unnecessary.

Although Mewtwo is more important, if it means replacing another character, then I'm against him now. If he took a fifth or sixth slot, even at the expense of Victini or Zoroark or Genesect, then I'd be fine with him... I think. My opinion can change rapidly over the course of two or so hours.

So I guess I support Jigglypuff again. :facepalm:

Don't shoot me. ;)

BlackFox

Smash Rookie
I'm not gonna lie, Idk why they picked Jiggs in the first place. They obviously (except for Pichu and PT) pick Pokemon chars from media, and I think in the original, <Mewoth would've been a much better chice fan wise. Also, he played a bigger role in the series, and still does.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, I'm as indecisive and unpredictable when it comes to opinions as I am in life. :facepalm:

Scrap this post. While I do think Mewtwo is more deserving, I actually do think Jigglypuff should remain in Smash Bros. Ugh.

If I made decisions based on who was deserving without taking note of their own importance in the Smash series, then yes, Mewtwo is more deserving. Jigglypuff may have lost her importance in her own series, but she's still an important part of the Smash Bros. series. To take her away is like when they took away Mewtwo - unnecessary.

Although Mewtwo is more important, if it means replacing another character, then I'm against him now. If he took a fifth or sixth slot, even at the expense of Victini or Zoroark or Genesect, then I'd be fine with him... I think. My opinion can change rapidly over the course of two or so hours.

So I guess I support Jigglypuff again. :facepalm:

Don't shoot me. ;)
I shot ya!!

Okay, so I didn't, anyway I believe the same, even though I'd much rather see Mewtwo in Smash 4 rather than Jigglypuff, I think it's safe to say that Jiggs definitely has more priority over him, "it" being in the Smash series since the beginning definetly makes Jiggs important to the Smash series.

But I wouldn't be surprised he Jigglypuff got the axe, since in Brawl "it" was barely holding on by a thread.

As for Genesect, I'm not too sure about it's chances, sure it's popular and relevant to the Pokemon franchise, but I believe Victini and Zoroark's chances are much higher, not saying he doesn't have a chance, with Sakurai anything is pretty much possible.

---------------------------------

Here's my list of what I Think is probable for Smash 4:

Pikachu (guaranteed)
Pokemon Trainer (any variation, any gen)

Victini (I believe it's high due to it's movie just before development, just like Lucario)
Zoroark (it being the new Dark/Psychic plus had a movie before Victini's would probably make it in)
Jiggs (definetly has priority, but I fear her chances may be slipping due to it almost being axed in Brawl)

Mewtwo (somewhat, but I don't think his chances are as high as they were in Brawl)
Lucario (it being from Brawl, definetly has a shot, but Zoroark stands in his way)

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
I think it's because he sort of reminds me of Ridley. Plus he has to be one of the most infuriating enemies ever. He'll hide behind walls where you can't touch him, do that infuriating little dance, shoot stuff at you, then just murder you after he's done toying with you. Seriously, if you don't have the ONE right item, you're pretty much screwed when facing him. They KNEW how terrible he was, because one of the last levels is pretty much just fighting three of them. I suppose it's worth mentioning he has his own spin-off series to draw loads of moveset potential from. I'm totally going to have to make a little support icon for him eventually.

I have to admit, seeing this in Smash would be pretty badass.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
He could take an eye out with those nips.

Maybe that's how he lost his?
How do you poke your eye out with your own nips? That doesn't seem physically possible.

Not to mention that Ryu was the one who caused that scar on his chest. I mean if you want interesting Street Fighter Characters then Dhalisim if your man.

BlackFox

Smash Rookie
How do you poke your eye out with your own nips? That doesn't seem physically possible.

Not to mention that Ryu was the one who caused that scar on his chest. I mean if you want interesting Street Fighter Characters then Dhalisim if your man.

If it's anyone from the Series it gonna be Ryu, and/or Ken, because they're the main character. Could you imagine if instead of putting Sonic in Brawl they put cream...uggh. I'll admit though, I'd like to see either Seth or C. Viper.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
If it's anyone from the Series it gonna be Ryu, and/or Ken, because they're the main character. Could you imagine if instead of putting Sonic in Brawl they put cream...uggh. I'll admit though, I'd like to see either Seth or C. Viper.
I was commenting the Sagat idea. I feel that Dhalisim is the street fighter version of Meta Knight.

OmegaXXII

So..what do you think of Megaman now that his game was cancelled? Possibly Ryu? After all he is the face of Capcom, he might have chance at Smash.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Okay I'm bored with the street fighter.

For SSB4 which Punch Out character do you think will make the best boss?

[collapse=King Hippo]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mr. Sandman]
[/collapse]

or

[collapse=Mr. Dream]
[/collapse]

I would put Mike Tyson but I doubt that can be done.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
King Hippo is definitely the most recognizable Punch-Out!! character after Little Mac. Maybe even more than Little Mac?! He should at least be an Assist Trophy. Would probably throw punches like Little Mac did, but if you managed to dodge and hit him, then his pants would fall down and you could hit him even more, knocking him out. Then he'd get up and it'd all start over again. MUCH MORE PERSONALITY.

Anyway, more people should want Red Arremer so we could have this song in Smash. "But wait, wouldn't Sir Arthur make more sen--" NO SHUT UP.

Oooh, this too. Red Arremer for Sm4sh.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
King Hippo is definitely the most recognizable Punch-Out!! character after Little Mac. Maybe even more than Little Mac?! He should at least be an Assist Trophy. Would probably throw punches like Little Mac did, but if you managed to dodge and hit him, then his pants would fall down and you could hit him even more, knocking him out. Then he'd get up and it'd all start over again. MUCH MORE PERSONALITY.

Anyway, more people should want Red Arremer so we could have this song in Smash. "But wait, wouldn't Sir Arthur make more sen--" NO SHUT UP.

Oooh, this too. Red Arremer for Sm4sh.
I have mixed feelings about King Hippo personally. One he hasn't been in every Punch Out game like Bald Bull has. In the NES version King Hippo was one of the easiest character (easier then Glass Joe) because you only had to knock him down once.

On the subject of Punchout: Super Macho Man?
I know Super Macho Man was the final boss in the original arcade version but I feel he has lost a lot of popularity. In the arcade and NES version he was British but in the Wii he was some California dude.

OmegaXXII

I have mixed feelings about King Hippo personally. One he hasn't been in every Punch Out game like Bald Bull has. In the NES version King Hippo was one of the easiest character (easier then Glass Joe) because you only had to knock him down once.
One question, isn't King Hippo more iconic and I guess "the boss" seeing that he was in the NES?

Sorry, but I've never played his game, I plan on getting the on for the Wii though, it looks cool.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
On the subject of Punchout: Super Macho Man?
He reminds me of this guy. So yehs.

Also, even if King Hippo wasn't in every Punch-Out!!, he's still way more iconic than any other character from it. Also, he was only easy if you knew his weak spot. Finding that is what made him iconic I suppose. Not to mention he looks so different compared to the others.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@omega
I think so. I haven't played any of the games either but I know who king hippo is unlike the other bosses

:phone:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Wait, it'll be in HD!

EDIT: almost forgot 'Sim
No offense, but I'd like to point out that HD doesn't mean realistic--it means more detail. There's plenty of HD games that are far from realistic and don't try to be despite having amazing detail. The PS3 Ratchet and Clank games, and even the latest Street Fighter as well as MvC3 games are examples of non-realistic HD titles. While some big games like Gears of War or CoD use realism (to a point) in graphics, that doesn't define them as HD games. Their graphical power does.

Anyway, idk if you knew that or not; I just wanted to point this out because I've realized that some people believe HD and realism are the same. I know that was a joke post, so like I said earlier, no offense.

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
No offense, but I'd like to point out that HD doesn't mean realistic--it means more detail. There's plenty of HD games that are far from realistic and don't try to be despite having amazing detail. The PS3 Ratchet and Clank games, and even the latest Street Fighter as well as MvC3 games are examples of non-realistic HD titles. While some big games like Gears of War or CoD use realism (to a point) in graphics, that doesn't define them as HD games. Their graphical power does.

Anyway, idk if you knew that or not; I just wanted to point this out because I've realized that some people believe HD and realism are the same. I know that was a joke post, so like I said earlier, no offense.

Yeah, I know. I actually dislike when games try to be too realistic. I'd much rather have a style of artistry that I don't see every second of the day right in front of me.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
One question, isn't King Hippo more iconic and I guess "the boss" seeing that he was in the NES?

Sorry, but I've never played his game, I plan on getting the on for the Wii though, it looks cool.
In the NES he was the second guy you fought in the Major Circuit (So like the 5th guy). You only fought him once and when you knocked him down he was too fat to get up. Unlike Bald Bull or Piston Honda you only fought him once.

In the Wii he was your opponent for the first title fight. He was much harder than the NES version.

I think people liked him because it was very comical fight (every time you hit his belly his pants would fall down). He was even a major villian in the Captain N series (though he was blue for some reason).

I guess everyone likes King Hippo so I'll put him in my boss blog which I'm working on.

OmegaXXII

@ Master Rapier: So who would you see as a potential candidate aside from Little Mac?

Mr. Sandman or Bald Bull?

They do seem interesting characters even though Little Mac is the most deserving.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
@ Master Rapier: So who would you see as a potential candidate aside from Little Mac?

Mr. Sandman or Bald Bull?

They do seem interesting characters even though Little Mac is the most deserving.
Are you talking about playable characters? There is not a single potential candidate other than Little Mac. If they added someone like Bald Bull as playable I would boycott the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom