• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Donkey Kong - Congo Jungle
Diddy Kong - Sunset Shore
K. Rool - The Flying Krock/Gangplank Galleon

Lolololololololol

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
:phone:
@luco
Each starfox char has 5 different smash taunts depending on the background.
Fox McCloud
Corneria
Peppy: Look, we're passing Corneria. Protecting this planet sure has been a lot of work.
Falco: Yeah, it's kept things from getting too boring around here.
Wolf: Don't think you can take a breather just yet, Team Star Fox!
Peppy: Ahhh! Star Wolf!
Wolf: You know you are all like us. Our fates are intertwined. We are destined to meet in battle. After all, what fun is there to be had in peace and quiet? A true warrior can only live in the battlefield!
Falco: Then why don't you show me what a real warrior's like, fuzzball! I'm ready if you are!
Slippy: Boy those guys are always itching to fight, huh?
Asteroid Field
Peppy: We've hit an asteroid field! Protect the main ship at all costs!
Falco: Take it easy, Peppy. We just need to blow up some of these asteroids, right?
Slippy: Don't worry about us, Fox! We've got things covered here. You just focus on the battle!
Krystal: Don't let us down, Fox!
Slippy: Blast 'em once for me, buddy!
Skirmish
Peppy: We're in the middle of an interplanetary skirmish. Stay sharp and keep an eye on your six!
Slippy: Eeep! This place is a war zone!
Falco: Heh, what are you worried about? These guys are weaker than overcooked noodles!
Peppy: Mmm? Overcooked noodles? What's that supposed to mean?
Krystal: That's not a terribly good comparison, is it?
Falco: - -
(Actually, this makes sense in the Japanese dialog. "Somen" is a type of noodle, but it also means "injury". Peppy mistakes "somen" as a noodle instead of the latter.)
Dogfight
Falco: Pff! We meet again, Star Wolf!
Krystal: Uugh! These guys are no joke!
Leon: Heh, I'll make sure to work you over real good before I turn you into scrap metal.
Panther: Do you see my red rose? It marks your imminent death!
Wolf: Listen close: I won't let a single one of you leave here alive! And Fox, remember this! I'm the one who's going to take you down!
Starry Space
Falco: Fox looks like he's got his hands full.
Krystal: Yes, he's putting up quite a fight, though.
Peppy: You know, he reminds me of his father every day.
Slippy: Hey, this is no time for chitchat guys! Shouldn't we be worried about Fox? He's out there with no air! How's he supposed to breathe?!
Peppy: Bah! Way to go, Slippy. No one would've even noticed if you hadn't opened up your big yap!
Falco Lombardi
Corneria
Fox: Looks like we made it to Corneria. Falco sure is a sticking it to 'em out there.
Krystal: Yes, but don't you find it... odd? I've never even seen some of his opponents before.
Fox: Well it is a brawl, after all. Everyone's in on the fight!
Peppy: That gives me itching for some action. I want in!
Slippy: No way! Old-timers like you ride the bench. This fight's mine!
Krystal: What are you two thinking? I'm the only one who can come through in a fight like this!
Asteroid Field
Fox: It's an asteroid belt. We've got to clear a path!
Slippy: EEEP! OH, THIS IS BAAAD!
Peppy: Get ahold of yourself, Slippy! Falco's counting on us.
Krystal: If we let a fragment fly off toward the ship, it could cause serious damage!
Slippy: I wouldn't worry too much. Falco's a tough old bird. He can take care of himself.
Peppy: Well... yeah, I guess you've got a point there.
Skirmish
Slippy: Wow! We're in the middle of a full-scale skirmish!
Fox: Keep your hat on, Slippy!
Peppy: Yeah, look at Falco. He's not letting the skirmish slow him up one bit.
Krystal: Yes, he's the fighter, all right. Who else would have the guts to open a communication channel during a fistfight?
Peppy: Just the same, watch yourself, Falco. Don't go getting yourself toasted by a stray laser!
Slippy: Good luck, Falco!
Dogfight
Wolf: Playtime ends here, Star Fox!
Fox: Star Wolf!
Leon: Hey there, boy, how do you like my new ship? Want to see what it can do?
Panther: I am known as Panther Caroso. I salute you, my enemy.
Krystal: Hmph, it looks like the gang's all here.
Peppy: Good enough! Come on, Fox, let's get 'em!
Slippy: Hey, don't forget about me!
Starry Space
Fox: Ah, finally a day free of space combat.
Krystal: That may be so, but it's looking like a regular war zone on top of the ship.
Peppy: Falco! If you lose this one, I'm never going to let you live it down! Go, Falco! Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Slippy: Ha! I think I've heard that line before!
Peppy: Erm, sorry, Fox. I kind of channeled your dad there.
Fox: Yeah, I noticed, Peppy.
Wolf O'Donnell
Corneria
Leon: A blue planet... It's actually quite breathtaking, isn't it?
Slippy: Boy, I'll say! Look at all that water! It's a paradise for guys like you and me, huh? Without a quick dip in the water now and then, we get all dried out!
Leon: Listen, I'm no frog. Don't try to stick us in the same group!
Slippy: But, you've got a long stretchy tongue just like me, right?
Leon: Didn't I just tell you to drop the subject?
Asteroid Field
Leon: Star Wolf is here in the asteroid field.
Krystal: Oh my. This looks like it's going to be rather nasty.
Panther: Worry not, my dear. Should you find yourself in harm's way, I would use the very ship I pilot to protect you.
Krystal: Oh, I feel so much better hearing that. You're such a gentleman, Panther.
Falco: Do me a favor and get creamed by an asteroid while you're at it! I'll sleep better at night once you do.
Panther: Cease your jabbering, parrot!
Falco: What did you just say?!
Skirmish
Panther: A skirmish... Just the place for a bunch of space drifters like ourselves.
Leon: Star Wolf is really giving it his all out there. I'm more than a bit envious of him. Those razor-sharp claws. Those keen fangs. He moves wildly and fights with the spirit of a warrior possessed. Any prey he sets his eye on is doomed to be shredded to pieces.
Panther: Umm... Leon? Are you feeling all right?
Leon: Yes, of course! Fine! Just fine. Haa ha haaaaa ha haaahaaa...
Panther: Set me straight here Leon. Are you envious of the shred-DER or the shred-DEE?
Dogfight
Panther: You're foolish to anger me, bird. You must have a death wish!
Falco: Feh! You guys just won't learn your lesson, will you?
Leon: Impudent fowl! You will kneel before me!
Slippy: Ahhh! Guys, Falco's in trouble!
Falco: Can it, Slippy! The tougher the scrape, the brighter I shine! Keep back! I'll be the one to bag this cat!
Starry Space
Krystal: My, the stars out here are so beautiful.
Panther: Oh, but not as beautiful as your radiant self, my dear Krystal.
Krystal: Oh Panther, you always were quite the flatterer.
Panther: Amazing, isn't it? To think that the two of us were fated to cross paths in such a sparkling, endless galaxy. Even if we were on opposite sides of space, I would speed to your side, faster than a shooting star. Krystal, know that my beating heart burns red hot for you, as red as the rose I hold.

Falco: Good grief! Where do you come up with this stuff?! Enough already!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Did you know this isn't supposed to be a "Brawl Section" discussion thread? We are patiently awaiting our own subforum. I don't find us likely to get one, however, until we have something revealed about this game.

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
We should get our own subforum anyway. With all the topics that pop up, we're forced to drop issues and skip around and exceed a thousand pages. It's a mess, and all these topics should have their own respective threads.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
I find this thread a mess thats why i don't seem to get to points here. its just oh yes megaman for brawl then yes i want this stage or they should add music. Get me? theres no sections. and this thread is thrown in the brawl discussion. yea idk we must fix this problem. look at all the pages already its just... yea...

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I agree we could use a sub-forum, but you running in here stereotyping the posters in this thread and running off again to make a new thread elsewhere doesn't help matters. We are not a bunch of brawl fanboys. The brawl VS melee debate has been fought far too often and I'd appreciate it if we could keep it out of this thread as much as possible. The new game is likely to be like neither of the last installments. There will be haters and there will be fans, as usual. It's how new stuff works.

I'd love to have a sub-forum, but for now we will have to continue to deal without one. We won't be able to say "talk about one thing at a time" because everyone comes in here with their own ideas and they will all want to talk about what they want in SSB4. I really don't see a problem with this. If we end up bringing something up multiple times, we end up bringing it up multiple times.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Well yes but if theres multiple ideas theres sure to be "idiotic" ideas which can cause a cycle and random posting then we'd have to start from scratch if we could divide sections of certain topics like Characters/Stages/Music/Items/Physics and Technical things/ We could be more ordered and get things down to what can happen.
Get me?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There will eventually be a whole section for it, but until we get something more to go on, there is no need for anything but 1 thread

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
True... Although It is for sure another smash is coming so why not start making another section for it?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The old Brawl section had an unbelievable number of threads and posts, and required constant monitoring by mods. It would take too much time and effort for something we have no information about

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307063&page=3

Well Guys apparently my thread was closed in the melee discussion so I guess I'm stuck with you guys talking about Brawl stuff you know. Yea hi kool guys.
(*sigh* I miss Melee)

You better behave son!!

MissingNo. as a playable character, thoughts?
Heck yea!!

How awesome would it be to have the glitchest character in Smash?

Extraordinary of course! :cool:

I'd like to see a Pokemon antagonist return in Smash such as Team Rocket, Mewtwo or possibly Giovanni with Armored Mewtwo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Giovanni with Nidoking, persian and Armored Mewtwo.

I want me some more villains so smash can actually have a storyline in storymode. I know people want it as a competitive fighting game, but with Kirby Superstar-esque feel to it, I think they can also make it a good platformer storymode as well

Saw what happened yesterday. Melee vs Brawl, more pessimism. This thread is only for the people who are interested. If you're just lowering your expectations and telling "This game will suck" then don't bother posting those types of posts in the thread.
Chris in Sm4sh!
I wish it were to happen.
wow! past the 1000 page mark already...

anyways, i have been staring at Capcom's office like batman on reconnaissance. the more i see, the more i despise what they are becoming.
i feel that the cancellation of MML3 is the same reason for the cancellation of MMU. no Keiji Inafune at the helm. unless another developer that's not inaf-KING comes in and makes another megaman, there won't be any more megaman games in the near future.

also, Capcom doesn't care about their fans.
Why are you surprised and you're back!

Errrr.... I noticed something. The only notable new games Capcom is releasing is generally Street Fighter. I see no other new capcom games. I'm not looking forward to Resident evil 6 because I heard that it will be a complete reboot.
There are no shoe-ins for third-party characters. Little Mac, Ridley, and Medusa are all more likely then him.
I might sound weird posting this but not even those 3 characters are shoe-ins. Sure they have a lot going for them but they're far from shoe-ins. Chances can't be judged by us. The only thing we do is demand for the character.

OmegaXXII

Giovanni with Nidoking, persian and Armored Mewtwo.

I want me some more villains so smash can actually have a storyline in storymode. I know people want it as a competitive fighting game, but with Kirby Superstar-esque feel to it, I think they can also make it a good platformer storymode as well
I agree with Giovanni's pokemon selection, they just suit him well.

As for SSE bosses, I'd say Medusa would be an awesome representative during adventure mode, later on, a modified balanced version of her could be unlocked for play.

Other bosses I would like to see would be Dr. Robotnik Eggman and maybe even Dr. Wily if Megaman shows up which I'm havings doubts a bit due to game being cancelled.

Can we talk about the gameplay of SSB 4? I'm not against adventure mode. I just want to talk about more gameplay mechanics

OmegaXXII

So have you seen Iblis Fox video that he did?

Anyway, as far as mechanics go, I hope Ganon will move up the tier list, he was so horrible in Brawl, also I'd like to see Meta-Knight broken down a bit, too many noobs spammed his moves.

No. Not yet.

Revised or not, I hope Ganondorf goes up too and I'm hoping MK gets a huge *** nerf. The nerf is so hard, he can only kill Jigglypuff at a minimum of 200%..... in the casual scene. Not competitive. Lol

No. Snake's nades are fine as is. Snake is fine as is. Keep his F-tilt and U-tilt. They aren't THAT broken or OP.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No. Not yet.

Revised or not, I hope Ganondorf goes up too and I'm hoping MK gets a huge *** nerf. The nerf is so hard, he can only kill Jigglypuff at a minimum of 200%..... in the casual scene. Not competitive. Lol
I'd rather see Meta Knight be nerfed in a way so that fighters can hit him more easily. That way, he'd still be ranked high, but be way less overpowered.

For the bottom losers, I'll be laughing to see Captain Falcon and Black Shadow in that spot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Am I crazy for thinking the main selling point is just the idea that it's SMASH ON THE GO? Surely just that would overshadow anything else.
Some people, such as myself, wouldn't be interested with that. ESPECIALLY if we go by version exclusive rosters. What if the character I play is only on the WiiU version and not the 3DS version? It's a waste of money for me.

Can we talk about the gameplay of SSB 4? I'm not against adventure mode. I just want to talk about more gameplay mechanics
I like you now. Here's some of the ideas I had in mind.

[COLLAPSE="Gameplay Ideas"]Chains - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bxRCPbk_E4
This is basically what I'd have in mind. Combos aren't long strings like in, say, BlazBlue, but they get the job done and are more SF4 length. This gives you more of a ground game that was lacking in Brawl.

Along with the above, you can chain two aerials at a given time and you can jump cancel aerials for a max of 4 aerials per most most characters. Characters with multiple jumps, while being able to jump cancel their aerials, will have to use mixups with DI to inflict their damage. This is because they cannot chain aerials.

DI will still play a part in these chains as the opponent is still forced to make a guess as to what you'll do (It's actually not that bad when you think about it), but chains will speed the game up significantly.

Revamp Final Smashes -
Most of the final smashes in Brawl are either OP or just plain suck. What I'm thinking is that you incorporate a super meter and you have access to two attacks: The Super Smash and the Final Smash. The former is a super move akin to other fighters. These may simply be a predetermined combo, a balanced Final Smash, or something else entirely. These would cost half your meter.

A Final Smash is akin to BlazBlue's Astral Finishes, but are cinematic like the infamous fatalities of MK. These have specific conditions. Your opponent must have one life left and have 100%+ damage. You can combo into these Final Smashes, but these cost you your entire meter are incredibly unsafe if they don't land.

Special Canceling -
To expand on the chains from above, you can now cancel normal attacks into specials. This can lead to setting up otherwise unsafe attacks or simply a means of dealing some solid damage. To cancel, you must buffer the input of your special as you attack and then press B to skip the normal's recovery and go straight into the special. This is an important aspect of combos as these were actually the very first combos made, and it was by accident.

Jump Canceling -
Different from the current Smash version, this jump canceling allows you to cancel a normal and some specials into a jump. Most jump cancelable attacks will require timing like special canceling, but others may have different windows. For example, in Balanced Brawl, Fox can jump out of his SideB at any time as feint.

Turn Around -
A seemingly useless mechanic, but it's an important aspect of your mixup game. Basically, with the inputs of A+B in the air, your character turns around in mid-air, a concept currently impossible in Smash. This gives you a wider array of options. For example, I can run away, turn around, and do Capt. Falcon's Knee as I'm running away, allowing me to be defensive on my escape.

To expand on the chains from earlier, the Project M example provides a flowchart. Once you get to know the game and this flowchart, you can use it to both protect you and help you inflict damage. For example, after attacking with a Tilt attack, my options are either to cancel into a Smash attack, a special, or jump cancel into an aerial. If you can use this to your advantage to counter DI, you can keep your self defensively unpredictable and on top of your opponent when attacking.
[/COLLAPSE]

Along with the above, I want dash dancing and dash momentum back from Melee and make landing from all aerials the same, like three frames or something.

OmegaXXII

I'd rather see Meta Knight be nerfed in a way so that fighters can hit him more easily. That way, he'd still be ranked high, but be way less overpowered.

For the bottom losers, I'll be laughing to see Captain Falcon and Black Shadow in that spot.
Captain Falcon? How so??

I can see Black Shadow replacing Ganon as low-tier thereby Ganon going up on the tier would please more Ganon fanboys who would otherwise never used him before.

Chains - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bxRCPbk_E4
This is basically what I'd have in mind. Combos aren't long strings like in, say, BlazBlue, but they get the job done and are more SF4 length. This gives you more of a ground game that was lacking in Brawl.

Along with the above, you can chain two aerials at a given time and you can jump cancel aerials for a max of 4 aerials per most most characters. Characters with multiple jumps, while being able to jump cancel their aerials, will have to use mixups with DI to inflict their damage. This is because they cannot chain aerials.

I actually like this idea.

DI will still play a part in these chains as the opponent is still forced to make a guess as to what you'll do (It's actually not that bad when you think about it), but chains will speed the game up significantly.

Revamp Final Smashes -
Most of the final smashes in Brawl are either OP or just plain suck. What I'm thinking is that you incorporate a super meter and you have access to two attacks: The Super Smash and the Final Smash. The former is a super move akin to other fighters. These may simply be a predetermined combo, a balanced Final Smash, or something else entirely. These would cost half your meter.

A Final Smash is akin to BlazBlue's Astral Finishes, but are cinematic like the infamous fatalities of MK. These have specific conditions. Your opponent must have one life left and have 100%+ damage. You can combo into these Final Smashes, but these cost you your entire meter are incredibly unsafe if they don't land.

I'm not much of a supporter of this. I guess I'm neutral with this super meter idea. It might affect how unique brawl is. Unless, Sakurai may do something to make it seem "Smash-like" despite the concept being like SF.

Special Canceling -
To expand on the chains from above, you can now cancel normal attacks into specials. This can lead to setting up otherwise unsafe attacks or simply a means of dealing some solid damage. To cancel, you must buffer the input of your special as you attack and then press B to skip the normal's recovery and go straight into the special. This is an important aspect of combos as these were actually the very first combos made, and it was by accident.

This is also a great idea.

Jump Canceling -
Different from the current Smash version, this jump canceling allows you to cancel a normal and some specials into a jump. Most jump cancelable attacks will require timing like special canceling, but others may have different windows. For example, in Balanced Brawl, Fox can jump out of his SideB at any time as feint.

Turn Around -
A seemingly useless mechanic, but it's an important aspect of your mixup game. Basically, with the inputs of A+B in the air, your character turns around in mid-air, a concept currently impossible in Smash. This gives you a wider array of options. For example, I can run away, turn around, and do Capt. Falcon's Knee as I'm running away, allowing me to be defensive on my escape.

To expand on the chains from earlier, the Project M example provides a flowchart. Once you get to know the game and this flowchart, you can use it to both protect you and help you inflict damage. For example, after attacking with a Tilt attack, my options are either to cancel into a Smash attack, a special, or jump cancel into an aerial. If you can use this to your advantage to counter DI, you can keep your self defensively unpredictable and on top of your opponent when attacking.

Along with the above, I want dash dancing and dash momentum back from Melee and make landing from all aerials the same, like three frames or something.
Overall, these suggestions are great. If only Sakurai would implement these mechanics.

I also have this one suggestion but I'll post it later.

OmegaXXII

The ideas are good, but remember, you don't want Sakurai straying to far from what is Smash, don't need it to be another fighter like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear.

I don't want Sakurai to go away from the smash concept but it wouldn't hurt to add some cool new mechanics. Just make a few tweaks to make it fit the gameplay of the smash bros series

OmegaXXII

Agreed, if it would turn out lime Project M minus the hacking then I would be all set for it, just balancing the characters a bit and I'm straight.

Snake though seems pretty cool having all those buffed tilts so I wouldn't mind keeping him as so.

I think Snake's U-tilt should send enemies up, then he jumps to the enemy and you can do aerial attacks.

Just because he's heavy, doesn't mean he can't do that. It won't be as good as the other lighter characters anyway

OmegaXXII

Well to say the least he had terrible aeriels and his air game wasn't all that great, he had great camping though, but yea if Sakurai could tweak his aerials a bit with more striking then Snake would be good to pick up.

Snake won't have good aerials or combos. You won't see him do it a lot since he has better and safer options. Making his aerials good might make him OP

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Actually his ideas, bar the final smash thing, are perfect. Funny thing is, they do show up in smash too, just not as boards he wants it. I support his movement though.

We have jump canceling in melee and brawl, why not expand on it?

In melee its a hella easier to cancel your shine (fox/falco) but you can also cancel your psi magnet and shine in brawl after being hit with a projectile (fox/wolf/lucas/ness) <- a form of special canceling.

Its not useful in melee but in brawl you can turn around during your shine animation, on the ground or in the air (fox/wolf). Also marth can turn around with his bair (back air). Or you can just b reverse your specials and that turns you around.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've known that super meters has always been polarizing, so if you guys don't like it, it's fine.

And you know, I've always wondered why you couldn't turn around in the past games. It just seems like putting it in would be filling in a void.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've always hated Super bars. (But that's most likely due to me having no idea how to input a Super attack)

I think Smash Balls are alright, except they should take ONE HIT to break. And TWO hits to remove from another player.

In the end, Smash Balls aren't used competitively, so why try to give it tourney value anyway? Some Final Smashes suck, and some of them are too OP anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom