• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
In a perfect world, we would have Sheik look like from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Zelda from Skyward Swords, Link from Twilight Princess, and Toon Link from his games. However, I am expecting that we get a redesign of both Zelda and Sheik, as opposed as I am to this idea.
I never though about it that way, this reminded me of Street Fighter Alpha Anniversary where there's a mode where you can literally choose a different form of any character in any game and pit them to fight agaisnt each other.

It would be a bit ackward, but I guess that how Nintendo rolls, ditch old designs and 'upgrade' everybody that's involved with a new design.

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wow!With all ur great ideas,you guys should be developers for SsbU or work at least at Nintendo or something
Actually there is a real possibility of me taking some gaming design courses in my IT classes. So you never know... But by the time I graduate and potentially begun looking for job opportunities in that career field Smash 4 will already be developed. :(

@Starphoenix: Kind of important, where did you ask that question on Capcom-Unity whenever or not either Mega Man or Ryu was getting in? I believe you said something about it a few days ago.
It was over on Capcom Unity's Ask Capcom board. It was buried sadly. :(

Two unhappy faces in one post. :(

Now three.

OmegaXXII

Actually there is a real possibility of me taking some gaming design courses in my IT classes. So you never know... But by the time I graduate and potentially begun looking for job opportunities in that career field Smash 4 will already be developed. :(
Hey man, at least you have a crack at Smash 5, just be sure to take ideas from this site. The good ones anyway :)

Are there any custom robo games worth playing?

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
It was over on Capcom Unity's Ask Capcom board. It was buried sadly.
Can you ask again and link to it? If not, what is your username over there? I may be able to figure out just by looking at the Ask Capcom thread and I'll bump it for you.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey man, at least you have a crack at Smash 5, just be sure to take ideas from this site. The good ones anyway :)

Are there any custom robo games worth playing?

We only have 5, three of them are Japan only. So take your pick. :\

Custom Robo - Nintendo 64
Custom Robo Pt. II - Nintendo 64
Custom Robo GX - Gameboy Advance (good luck finding that one)
Custom Robo: Battle Revolution - Nintendo Gamecube
Custom Robo Arena - Nintendo DS

So my recommendation is Battle Revolution, Arena wasn't all that good... In my opinion anyways.

Can you ask again and link to it? If not, what is your username over there? I may be able to figure out just by looking at the Ask Capcom thread and I'll bump it for you.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...Got_a_twist_on_the_Super_Smash_Bros_questions.

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...Bros_questions.
Bumped it. Hopefully, Capcom will finally answer this question.

Also, I think the reason the Custom Robo franchise may have failed in America is because of the scores not being exactly impressive. (GC game got a 65 while the DS got a 74). I'm getting the feeling that Nintendo may not make Ray playable because they wouldn't consider the quality of the last two games to be All-Star like Saki, but I'm hoping quality of the games don't effect it much.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It may be more of a question of how unique his moveset could be. He'd be like the size of Olimar with more projectiles than Samus. Plus he's a robot. How cool is that?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I noticed that Arcadenik brought up the Virtual Console in here when counting relevancy. Now this has me curious. Do you think that the Virtual Console could contribute to a character's relevancy in a positive way and if so, how much? And to Arcadenik, why did you bring up the Virtual Console in the first place? My answer to the first question; I am not very sure about this, but I am not going to rule this out as a possibility.

Take Geno for example (I know he has a very low chance, but bear with me). Yes, he hasn't appeared in any new games since 2003, but Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, a game which Geno is known for, did release on the Virtual Console on June, 2008 in Japan and August, 2008 elsewhere. This game was not only successful on the SNES (over a million IIRC), but I also remember it selling very strongly for quite awhile, being on the Top 10 for months. Unlike most game, this one had lots of staying power and as such, created a generation of fans of the game and Geno. And also, why was it the first game from Squaresoft on the Virtual Console in North America and Europe and why was it North America's 250th VC game? Also, why was it among the most requested games for the Virtual Console? I believed that massive fan demand for Geno in SSBB may have gotten Nintendo's attention to release the game on the Virtual Console and Nintendo may not have totally forgotten about Geno.

What's ironic about this is that no one who supports Geno uses the fact that this game came out on the Virtual Console when it's quite possibly the best reason for why Geno has a slight chance of being in SSB4 and possibly the only major thing that could count towards Geno's inclusion. If a miracle occurs to fans eyes and Geno is playable in SSB4, I think this would be proof that the Virtual Console counts as relevancy.
The Virtual Console could definitely play a role in how a character should be selected - albeit minor. The games released on there are re-releases. It would mean much more if it were a remake or even a full-fledged new game. But I think any characters on the Virtual Console gain slightly higher chances based on that. In the case of Geno, for example, it shows both cooperation between Nintendo and Square Enix for it's re-release and a still high interest in the game.

EDIT: BTW, I saw a SSB4 character roster recently that took into account the separate 3DS and Wii U versions. In his roster, both versions had exclusive veterans and newcomers, and the 3DS roster was smaller than the Wii U roster. However, he did not provid the idea of uploading the 3DS characters onto the Wii U version with his roster.

I'm wondering; what would people think if there were exclusives on both systems, but no way to bring 3DS characters onto the Wii U version?

Considering that the Wii U version will probably be multiplayer-based, I would be disappointed, but we would have the chance of getting a 50+ roster still with more character options accepted. So what do you think?

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc said:
I'm wondering; what would people think if there were exclusives on both systems, but no way to bring 3DS characters onto the Wii U version?

Considering that the Wii U version will probably be multiplayer-based, I would be disappointed, but we would have the chance of getting a 50+ roster still with more character options accepted. So what do you think?
I would be slightly disappointed about not being able to transfer characters to the Wii-U version, although to be fair, I would still be very happy with a balanced 50+ roster between the two version. Much better idea then universal roster, that's for sure.

@shinhed-echi: Mike did get Zoda's Revenge: Startropic 2 on the Virtual Console on December, 2008, although that's not saying much since neither games were released in Japan.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Arceus is not that rare, my cousin is a brat who has six! without hack!
I'm not talking about the Pokemon titles. I'm referring to the odds of releasing Arceus from a Poke Ball. Being the strongest legendary Pokemon in terms of base stat totals, it has to be very rare to get.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really like Custom Robo but there is a few problems that needs to be addressed

1. What kind of moveset? It's not like Ray has a signature weapon. He has many Guns, Bombs, Pods, and boots that can do many different things.

2. Stage isn't design for Smash. I don't know how it is on the DS but all of the Gamecube stages were horizontal. Smash stages are vertical based and it would be difficult to make an interesting stage.

Now if they made a mini custom robo game in the 3DS where you got to customize your own robot that would be totally awesome!

OmegaXXII

I would be slightly disappointed about not being able to transfer characters to the Wii-U version, although to be fair, I would still be very happy with a balanced 50+ roster between the two version. Much better idea then universal roster, that's for sure.
Regardless of platform exclusivity I just want to point out that we still might get the so called customization options that Iwata was mentioning at e3 2011.

I believe this so called feature will defininetly have lots to do with the Mii function between both the Wii-U and the 3DS, if that turns out to be true then I can definetly see the connection there, as for exclusives on the 3DS I don't think for one second that it will contain any exclusive characters that wouldn't otherwise show up on the Wii-U.

One exception that I thought up was a 3rd party character like Banjo Kazooie since Microsoft really isn't in the handheld market at the moment, another exception might be an exclusive character that makes most of his appearances on Nintendo's handhelds or has had a major recent appearance on the 3DS only.

Overall, I believe we might get the same amount of characters on both, but the Wii-U might contain more due to it's natural capability to handle more data and run smoother without lagging up.

That's a moveset for Roy, not Ray of Custom Robo. Here is Snakey's moveset for Ray.
Hey not bad, I love it!! :)

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Snakey's moves seem interesting and it seems he uses a variety of guns, bombs, and pods at his disposal. I would have stayed with a set weapons and each special would tie directly to it.

Standard B: Gun
Foreward B: Pods
Down B: Bomb
Up B: Boots

I don't know what exact weapons he would use because you could make him overly powerful (e.g. Dragon Gun).

I do like the Final Smash idea and details about size, taunts, victories like that.

D

Deleted member

That's a moveset for Roy, not Ray of Custom Robo. Here is Snakey's moveset for Ray.
I kind of linked it to Ray's move set. I checked the link, it is not wrong.
Regardless of platform exclusivity I just want to point out that we still might get the so called customization options that Iwata was mentioning at e3 2011.

I believe this so called feature will defininetly have lots to do with the Mii function between both the Wii-U and the 3DS, if that turns out to be true then I can definetly see the connection there, as for exclusives on the 3DS I don't think for one second that it will contain any exclusive characters that wouldn't otherwise show up on the Wii-U.

One exception that I thought up was a 3rd party character like Banjo Kazooie since Microsoft really isn't in the handheld market at the moment, another exception might be an exclusive character that makes most of his appearances on Nintendo's handhelds or has had a major recent appearance on the 3DS only.

Overall, I believe we might get the same amount of characters on both, but the Wii-U might contain more due to it's natural capability to handle more data and run smoother without lagging up.

The third paragraph is why I think Starfy, Isaac, and another Pokemon newcomer could be primarily on the 3DS, because Starfy, Isaac, and Pokemon are known for their handheld games not console games. Although I don't think we'll be seeing exceptions in terms of that.

I think with a 44-45 slot roster, we will see exclusives on the Wii-U. While the 3DS could handle that, I don't think the developers will bother with trying to push for that on the 3DS as I only see a 40ish roster at best, likely less. Then again, I am not expecting much for the 3DS version. What do you think are the chances of us getting 44-45 slots with universal rosters?

The possibility of universal roster reminds me, I need to get to GameFAQs immediately and talk about Operation: Connect.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Considering the 3ds can hold 8 gigs and that brawl was 8.5 I now think a universal roster with 44 slots is possible

Oh ya @star that stage is better than I imagined. Poke floats was fun to look at but this board will be fun to look at and play without losing any charm. Although it's not "hanenbow crazy" it is now my favorite stage from you

D

Deleted member

I made a thread on GameFAQs in regards to Operation: Connect in here. Hopefully, this will gain some attention and this is something I will be bumping.
Considering the 3ds can hold 8 gigs and that brawl was 8.5 I now think a universal roster with 44 slots is possible

Oh ya @star that stage is better than I imagined. Poke floats was fun to look at but this board will be fun to look at and play without losing any charm. Although it's not "hanenbow crazy" it is now my favorite stage from you

I thought Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said Brawl took 6.98GB. Anyway, it clearly shows that with compression and better management of space, it can definitely be done, especially in the unlikely situation that we don't get a story mode on the 3DS. However, while I hope for the best if this happens, I also expect the worst to occur, which is why I'm still against it.

So with that said, if a universal roster happen, how many characters would you then expect for the 3DS? I am asking this towards everyone that wishes to answer.

Personally, if that happens, as I expect nothing but the worst to happen, I would say somewhere between 35-40 slots is what we would get. The confirmation of universal roster (If it happens) would also get me to put 100% of my focus on Operation: Connect as I want to have at least one of the two to satisfy.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Was over at Gamefaqs, what does everyone think of a Chocobo/Slime tag team? Chocobo and Slime. You get the best of both series, their stage would be an amalgamation of many different RPG settings (ala Castle Siege). Their music tracks could be split 50/50.

Stage: Lost Plains
Icon - Crystal sword

Final Fantasy - Battle Scene (Dissidia)
Final Fantasy II - Rebel Army
Final Fantasy III - Vs. Dark Cloud
Final Fantasy IV - Boss Theme
Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge
Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad
Dragon Quest - Overture/Title Theme
Dragon Quest III - Fighting Spirit/Zoma
Dragon Quest V - Monsters In The Dungeon/Tower of Death/Dark World
Dragon Quest VI - Pegasus
Dragon Quest VII - World of the Strong
Dragon Quest VIII - Great Battle in the Vast Sky

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I won't lie, that would be amazing. This would be the best way to represent Square Enix's two biggest franchise and a perfect "WTF" character that no one expects, including us.

OmegaXXII

Lol.. The idea of them both working sounds a bit laughable, but could potentially work provided a moveset is good enough, that would be 2 3rd party's for the price of one.

On a side note: I love the great battle from Dragon Quest VIII, is chrono by any chance similar to this?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I hope they allow you to use the 3DS as controller for the Wii U. That way you don't have to switch between controllers.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Lol.. The idea of them both working sounds a bit laughable, but could potentially work provided a moveset is good enough, that would be 2 3rd party's for the price of one.

On a side note: I love the great battle from Dragon Quest VIII, is chrono by any chance similar to this?

Chrono? What do you mean?

reserk

Smash Cadet
i was wondering about this for a while. i was thinking how final smashes should be implemented. like instead of the smash ball, we have a meter that increases every time you hit or get hit (like MVC3) and there are a max of 3 meter levels. i was thinking, would it be better for each character to have 3 final smashes? like for example for kirby level 1 would cook kirby, level 2 would be mic kirby, and level 3 would be crash kirby. or for sonic, level 1 would be sonic wind, level 2 would be time stop, and level 3 would be super sonic. what do you guys think?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@ssbf
I still expect 44-46. If the 3ds' story is modeled after the sse I can't imagine it being much larger in terms of space or longer because it was already a good length. If I assume correctly and mariosonicguy is right about brawl being less than 7 gigs then there is no reason we can't get 10 more slots

Personally I prefer the smashball system. I'm not exactly sure why. But I'm probably alone in this lol

lol
Looks like Rainbow Dash Mink is following you too.
No they're not :glare:
On subject(new character idea): Two words.

Cooking Mama!
She can help contribute to SSBU by helping to slove the Sausage fest problem.Too much males.
Actually, this is another great idea.

Getting better Chris. Keep it up.

@Disfunctional: I'm with you there. Not that I like it but I'm fine with it

OmegaXXII

So with that said, if a universal roster happen, how many characters would you then expect for the 3DS? I am asking this towards everyone that wishes to answer.

Personally, if that happens, as I expect nothing but the worst to happen, I would say somewhere between 35-40 slots is what we would get. The confirmation of universal roster (If it happens) would also get me to put 100% of my focus on Operation: Connect as I want to have at least one of the two to satisfy.
What are you referring to when you say "universal"? You mean as in both the Wii-U and 3DS?

If that's the case I'd say under the worst case scenario that Sakurai doesn't expand on the roster I'd say at least between 38-43 characters would be considerably good if he were to take that route, hopefully it will only happen that way for the 3DS and not the Wii-U as it will be the main source for multiplayer games, not to mention online.

Also just to let you know, Iblis has some people who know Japenese very well, we just needto set it up correctly for Operation:p, I think he's also looking for the japenese equivalent site of SWF for further support.

Chrono? What do you mean?
Lol.. I was trying to get an opinion on Chrono Cross, I've never played the game, but I heard it's a similar RPG like Dragon Quest, I dunno.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I had an idea about the Black Knight and his potential moveset.

A main theme amongst all Fire Emblem characters so far was the Down B Counter mechanic. Ike, Marth, and Roy all have this, and it would be quite tiresome to see a third character with this, so what if...

Down B: Equip- The Black Knight sheathes his current weapon and pulls out the other. This is either his sword Alondite, or the lance Wishblade.

Depending on what weapon is equipped, the Black Knight's entire playstyle is changed due to the location of his attack hitbox. Being harrassed by lightweight ranged characters like Fox or Rob? Switch to the Wishblade for greater range. Or dueling with more up close and personal enemies like Bowser, Ganondorf or Ike? Then Alondite is your better option.

This being his down B keeps an overall mechanics theme constant within Fire Emblem characters without being repetitive.

After all, a major gameplay feature in Fire Emblem is the Weapons Triangle. Why not have a character that can switch?

Thoughts? I think this could be a great design choice.

OmegaXXII

@ssbf
I still expect 44-46. If the 3ds' story is modeled after the sse I can't imagine it being much larger in terms of space or longer because it was already a good length. If I assume correctly and mariosonicguy is right about brawl being less than 7 gigs then there is no reason we can't get 10 more slots

Personally I prefer the smashball system. I'm not exactly sure why. But I'm probably alone in this lol

I like the idea, it would definitly suit Smash and make things more interesting, but I think 3 supers would be a bit too much, I'd say two(2) Final Smashes would make much more sense.

The way I see it would be to press B for the regular Smash, while the 2nd would only be available if your pertentage was exceptionally high, the way to activate and use it would consist of either pressing buttons simuteneously or simply holding a button, just an idea expanded a bit I guess. :/

OmegaXXII

IGN wanted Cloud and Squall in. That's worse.

That's too much 3rd parties and most of their characters in the wish list are not likely

Dragon Quest Hero!? How about Slime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom