• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Haha oh wow that's amazing. He might be able to do something like that on here too, just gonna unlock alla his moves. He wouldn't be the standard Sword user, you know?
I'm glad I could buy this game and appreciate his inclusion now.
Even among sword users, his style would definitely have its own flavor! As a trained Eastern swordsman, all of his sword attacks would probably be be quick and feel... deliberate. That's the best word I can come up with to describe how I imagine him.

Also his stage, a traditional Japanese castle setting, would just be gorgeous.

I guess I'm turning into a big Takamaru supporter. :I

Don't worry, Sukapon, you'll always be my favorite retro Japan-only Nintendo character~

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
For what system did you want to get it? U.S. Release??

:phone:
Haha I wanted the one for the GC. Since I played a while back, and loved it (was a kid in walmart)
It was only 10 bucks! (I'm broke now xD)
I didn't realize much that there were others though.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Here you go:

Super Mario World/SMB3 - Castle/Boss Fortress (Brawl)
Super Mario Bros 3 - Pipe Land (World 7)/Dark Land (World 8)
Super Mario Bros 3. - Airship Theme (Brawl)
Super Mario World - Bowser
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Final Boss
Super Mario 64 - Bowser in the Sky
Super Mario Galaxy - Desperation
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Koopa Road
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Volcano
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Castle
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - Vs. Dark Boswer
Mario Sports Mix - Bowser Jr. Blvd
Wario Land: Shake It - Mt. Lava Lava
Yoshi's Island final boss music? YES!!!!! I was wondering why it was never included in brawl. It HAS to be the original tho. 16-bit sound, all of it. Original is da bomb. Yoshi's island.... I still have it... It's the only game who's final boss i'm still scared of. No, seriously, thats one of the reasons why i love the game, but from my earliest years to now, the thought a beast with those evil eyes.... Slowly taking the world up with black... Running over the screen... black... more black... Death..... Black... Void...(shiver)

Anyway, the other old ones are good choices also, although I really want the 64 version of the lava world just before bowser's battles in there. So suspenseful, so epic!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yoshi's Island final boss music? YES!!!!! I was wondering why it was never included in brawl. It HAS to be the original tho. 16-bit sound, all of it. Original is da bomb. Yoshi's island.... I still have it... It's the only game who's final boss i'm still scared of. No, seriously, thats one of the reasons why i love the game, but from my earliest years to now, the thought a beast with those evil eyes.... Slowly taking the world up with black... Running over the screen... black... more black... Death..... Black... Void...(shiver)

Anyway, the other old ones are good choices also, although I really want the 64 version of the lava world just before bowser's battles in there. So suspenseful, so epic!
You mean Koopa Road? It's listed... I just used the Galaxy 2 orchestration of the song as it adds to the song.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
In the NES game, he can toss fireballs (short-range projectile), throw ninja stars, run on water with special sandals (this would probably be a side special recovery move), and send out lightning bolts to kill every enemy on the screen (WOULD PROBABLY BE HIS FINAL SMASH)~ :3
So I just got Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii which has a mode called Marusame castle where you can unloock Takamaru.
And I have to say, the guy would have such a unique moveset.
I just started to play him, so I dont have a lot of his moves unlocked but..
-He can turn invisible, until he attacks
-His musao attack is him charging his sword and swiping it and creating a giant fire tornado (could be FS)
-Launches enemy into air, and slashes about 3-4 times. (Could be up B)
There's more just can't really explain it.

you can see his up slash and invisibility in this video (pretty much all this guys does...) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reFgevZjkyc
I'm going to have to say that these posts are starting to change my mind about Takamaru. I didn't consider him anything special before now and wouldn't add him to SSB4 if it were my choice, but seeing this moveset potential, I now see him as a completely viable and good option.

EDIT: I saw that both the GameRadar and IGN articles. Both made me feel a little nauseous after viewing. However, I honestly don't mind the idea of a Melee remake for the 3DS version - at least it would mean making Mewtwo, Roy, or Dr. Mario fans happy (including me. What's up, Doc?). However, I would prefer they add some characters or features into Melee then, because Melee alone wouldn't cut it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I can see the idea of "Smash on the Go" as convincing, but IMO, some people would also just wait until they can return home to play the "better" Smash Bros. game. Unless the single-player is over-hyped or looks seriously outstanding (which I'm personally speculative of), I don't see single-player as reason enough. Most players like Smash Bros. because it means beating the snot out of your friends. Playing alone has never been a strength of the series. However, as a more bite-sized experience, I can see what you mean.
Well it's "Smash on the go" because you can't play it at home for whatever reason. :/ Y'know like, in an airport or something. Or boring family visits (like Monday!). Also, whether anyone likes it or not, this single-player experience is what Sakurai sees as something new he can bring to the Smash franchise. It's something the WiiU version won't have SO I GUESS IN THAT WAY it'd be a selling point.

I can see issues with converting certain characters to a WiiU from the 3DS too. The 3DS has less graphical power than the Wii U, so how would the characters on the 3DS upgrade to Wii U versions? However, I'm sure a solution can be found (perhaps keep higher-def models of each 3DS character on the Wii U version and replace 3DS models with those, or use the Internet connection to download any necessary files?), and I doubt the developers would let the 3DS characters be "watered-down" if they were imported into the Wii U. Other than in the graphical department, I don't see how 3DS characters would even be "watered-down" between the two versions. Also, I don't see why you'd need the 3DS still as sort of a "key" to using the characters on the Wii U; once uploaded, they would have all their necessary files and wouldn't require the 3DS anymore.
I'm not quite sure what you mean at the beginning. The 3DS won't actually be sending its own character data for use on the WiiU version. Everything (that can be sent) on the 3DS version will already be on the WiiU version. That's just how connectivity works. :I They wouldn't actually share files.

As for the "half-game" that people with one version could be left with, it would have to be a necessary consequence. But if both versions are packed with great material such as characters and game modes, why wouldn't you get both? I argued previously on how you would choose the Wii U version over the other, but IMO, that would only be based on how iconic multiplayer is in Smash. If you wanted the full SSB4 experience, then getting both games would be a necessary consequence. Actually, that would apply to the splitting of the two games in terms of game modes in the first place.
Again, I see what you mean, but splitting the roster between versions shouldn't be what makes each version different. The 3DS will be different enough with its single-player experience. The WiiU will surely have many more modes than the 3DS. I get a feeling a lot of unlockables will be on the 3DS feelings. THAT'S where the exclusivity should come in. Alternate costumes you can only get with the 3DS version and what not. Exclusive characters is just too much.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You mean Koopa Road? It's listed... I just used the Galaxy 2 orchestration of the song as it adds to the song.

Yea, that's the song. Although it's pretty epic, and now i'm compelled to finish at least Super Mario Galaxy 1(i've been pre-occupied with brawl a lot recently) I still think the N64 version was better :p

As weird as this sounds, I prefer the Mario Galaxy 2 remix rather than the original koopa road from Mario 64.

SSBF, did you see the link?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Well it's "Smash on the go" because you can't play it at home for whatever reason. :/ Y'know like, in an airport or something. Or boring family visits (like Monday!). Also, whether anyone likes it or not, this single-player experience is what Sakurai sees as something new he can bring to the Smash franchise. It's something the WiiU version won't have SO I GUESS IN THAT WAY it'd be a selling point.

But is single-player mode alone a big enough selling point for all potential buyers? For SSB players who lean towards being more "hardcore" or excited for the series, yes, but for everyone else, is it enough?

I'm not quite sure what you mean at the beginning. The 3DS won't actually be sending its own character data for use on the WiiU version. Everything (that can be sent) on the 3DS version will already be on the WiiU version. That's just how connectivity works. :I They wouldn't actually share files.

I was referring more to DisFunctional's post than yours in this paragraph; sorry for not clarifying. If that's the way connectivity really works, then I'd prefer Wii U exclusives while 3DS has none, since that would honestly be a rip-off to "import" 3DS characters then. Can you give me some examples of this so-called "connectivity"?

Again, I see what you mean, but splitting the roster between versions shouldn't be what makes each version different. The 3DS will be different enough with its single-player experience. The WiiU will surely have many more modes than the 3DS. I get a feeling a lot of unlockables will be on the 3DS feelings. THAT'S where the exclusivity should come in. Alternate costumes you can only get with the 3DS version and what not. Exclusive characters is just too much.

Define "too much". I can see a limit to exclusivity, but to what degree in your opinion?
Comments in red.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Ok, from Chrono trigger, i go for a few: The last day of the world, and... Ooh, how do i post a URL?
Open up the URL of the Youtube video with the music you want. Copy it.

When posting, there is a button in the 2nd-from-top tab that looks like a globe with a staple at the bottom of it. Click it, and it'll ask for a URL. Paste the URL into the space provided (get rid of the "http" included if you already included that part of the web address in your URL). Press OK.

If you want to chance how the link is presented word-wise, when you see the URL in your post, you'll see it was repeated twice. The 2nd URL can be edited and replaced with whatever words you want, so that you can, for example, say "I am" and have pressing those words lead you to the link.

D

Deleted member

As weird as this sounds, I prefer the Mario Galaxy 2 remix rather than the original koopa road from Mario 64.

SSBF, did you see the link?
No I haven't.
I must disagree with you, THIS song needs to be in!

o.o

My personal favorite. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-s-VQBoUdc&feature=related
Honestly, I find The Secret of Mana's boss theme to be severely overrated. However, the Chrono Trigger main theme is exceptional and among my favorite intro.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
MKWii Results: Iblis vs. Omega 1v1, I'll let him explain it if he wants...LOL
Next up 4 player match! Iblis vs. Omega vs. Aria vs. D. 2 game set. Game 1: Aria 1st, D 2nd, Omega 3rd, Iblis 4th. Game 2: "When a sayian is beat he only comes back stronger than before...I am...the legendary...SUPER SAYIAN!!!" Iblis 1st, Aria 2nd, Omega 3rd, D 4th. Was mad fun though! SSBF where you at son??

/end results

On topic: Hmmm what's going on in here. It's musical sharing time?

D

Deleted member

The character ideas isn't as bad as GameRadar's, but I am still in disapproval of it.

- Why remove Ike or Wario? Those are unique starters that have earned their place in Super Smash Bros. and should stay.

- Mr. Game & Watch is significant to gaming history. He should stay.

- NO CLOUD, SQUALL, OR DR. WILY. Only a few third-party characters would be worthy for SSB4 and those three IGN mentioned are not good ideas.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
The character ideas isn't as bad as GameRadar's, but I am still in disapproval of it.

- Why remove Ike or Wario? Those are unique starters that have earned their place in Super Smash Bros. and should stay.

- Mr. Game & Watch is significant to gaming history. He should stay.

- NO CLOUD, SQUALL, OR DR. WILY. Only a few third-party characters would be worthy for SSB4 and those three are not good ideas.
Obviously the author of the article doesn't mind getting rid of characters he thinks "aren't cool" in favor of Cloud, Squall, and/or Dr. Wily.

I personally would prefer SSB not go the route of other fighting games in terms of whether character rosters are overhauled significantly over time.

Wait 'til they send their personal roster in the near future. I'll predict their roster:

IGN's osum rustur:

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Ludwig Von Koopa (IGN said they'd like koopalings)

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Metriod:
Samus/Zero suit

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Yoshi:
Yoshi
Probably Birdo

Kirby:
Kirby
MK
Dedede

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer
*Some pokemon*

Earthbound:
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem:
Marth

Retro:
Ice climbers
ROB

Kid Icarus:
Pit

Pikmin:
Olimar

3rd party:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Cloud
Squall
Chrono
Master Chief

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I find The Secret of Mana's boss theme to be severely overrated. However, the Chrono Trigger main theme is exceptional and among my favorite intro.
H-H-how... How could you say that about such a wonderful song... :'(

You've hurt me SSBF... Oh well, then this song needs to be in it's place! This time you CANNOT object to such a masterpiece!

D

Deleted member

@berserker01: Wow, that would suck. While we're at it, I want to ask everyone this. What is the worst roster you have ever seen? The most unrealistic one you've ever had to hear? Links would be preferred.

Having been part of the IGN thread, I saw one guy predict over a 100 characters to be in SSB4. He constantly posted the same list again and it got to the point where he got reported. An almost as unreasonable person predicted 80 slots back in 2008 and then tried to justify himself with part of another reasons saying that I kid you not, he saw a whopping 400 slot roster.

@Starphoenix: I will admit, the other song you linked to was very good.
Obviously the author of the article doesn't mind getting rid of characters he thinks "aren't cool" in favor of Cloud, Squall, and/or Dr. Wily.

I personally would prefer SSB not go the route of other fighting games in terms of whether character rosters are overhauled significantly over time.
-.- Imagine the outrage coming from fans like us. This is a celebration of the history of Nintendo. Not just during the present, but the past and the memories of our youth with playing Nintendo games. The roster should gradually increase over time without cutting if possible. This is why I would be outraged at a less than 40 slot roster. It is also why I would be outraged if undeserving third-party characters like Squall and Cloud got in.

Holy ****. SSBF used an emote!
Imagine the outrage coming from fans like us. This is a celebration of the history of Nintendo. Not just during the present, but the past and the memories of our youth with playing Nintendo games. The roster should gradually increase over time without cutting if possible. This is why I would be outraged at a less than 40 slot roster. It is also why I would be outraged if undeserving third-party characters like Squall and Cloud got in
And that's why SSB is not called:

- nintendo vs square enix
- nintendo vs microsoft vs sony (That would be cool though but it will never happening)
- mario vs sonic
- mario vs m4s7ur ch33f

It's nintendo all-stars.

If you look at the comments in the article of ign's smash 4 wishlist, you'll see some guy post Goku and it has like 160 likes. Wtf.

D

Deleted member

If you look at the comments in the article of ign's smash 4 wishlist, you'll see some guy post Goku and it has like 160 likes. Wtf.
@berserker01: I'll post my question again because it shows how sadly unrealistic expectations are:
Me said:
@berserker01: Wow, that would suck. While we're at it, I want to ask everyone this. What is the worst roster you have ever seen? The most unrealistic one you've ever had to hear? Links would be preferred.

Having been part of the IGN "The Official SSB4" thread, I saw one guy predict over a 100 characters to be in SSB4. He constantly posted the same list again and it got to the point where he got reported. An almost as unreasonable person predicted 80 slots back in 2008 and then tried to justify himself with part of another reasons saying that I kid you not, he saw a whopping 400 slot roster.

Worst roster I've seen so far? I don't know. So far, it's IGN in general. I don't know an entirely bad roster in this thread

Time for some epic fun time:

Question guys?

It's impossible but....

If there were a cartoon character who'd get in Smash? Who would it most likely be?

Anime character?

Move character?

Any type of character but not video game

D

Deleted member

@berserker01: I don't mean that. I mean the worst roster you have ever seen from anyone on any site.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
MKWii Results: Iblis vs. Omega 1v1, I'll let him explain it if he wants...LOL
Next up 4 player match! Iblis vs. Omega vs. Aria vs. D. 2 game set. Game 1: Aria 1st, D 2nd, Omega 3rd, Iblis 4th. Game 2: "When a sayian is beat he only comes back stronger than before...I am...the legendary...SUPER SAYIAN!!!" Iblis 1st, Aria 2nd, Omega 3rd, D 4th. Was mad fun though! SSBF where you at son??

/end results

On topic: Hmmm what's going on in here. It's musical sharing time?
Ah!! shadupp!! You only won the first round because of that ****** rainbow road!! :mad:

You know I ***** you though.. :cool:

:phone:

It'd have to be that guy from the BBR tier list thread. I saw you get reeeaaal pissed with him and I'm also shocked by his roster. Who the heck is Matt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom