• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Worst roster I've seen so far? I don't know. So far, it's IGN in general. I don't know an entirely bad roster in this thread

Time for some epic fun time:

Question guys?

It's impossible but....

If there were a cartoon character who'd get in Smash? Who would it most likely be?

Anime character?

Move character?

Any type of character but not video game
Question 1: Mickey Mouse

Question 2:Goku,of course :awesome:

Question 3:Idk

Question 1: Mickey mouse since he appeared in a sqaure enix game. Spongebob

Question 2: Goku. He seems to be the most requested.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Worst roster I've seen so far? I don't know. So far, it's IGN in general. I don't know an entirely bad roster in this thread

Time for some epic fun time:

Question guys?

It's impossible but....

If there were a cartoon character who'd get in Smash? Who would it most likely be?

Anime character?

Move character?

Any type of character but not video game

Zaraki Kenpachi FTW!! Also Yarichu!!

I'm having so much fun!!!

That IGN thread is dumb, let me see a link again lol...

:phone:

That's the only thing I can think of. The worst character suggested is call of duty man.

About question 1: Spongebob would have a pretty awesome moveset but Mickey is more likely

SSBF, who do you think is the least impossible TV, movie whatever character (Not videogame character?).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Good song star, but i still prefer that chrono trigger one. But i'm going to dig up another 'secret of....' and remind you of a game that i personally think was even better than secret of mana, which was an awesome game:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8lyxHtIzE&feature=related
Also listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9cG0C0ZWUU&feature=related
You'll notice the music from secret of evermore was very soft and calm. I suggest listening to some of it's other songs.

Now for some Terranigma:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmmN-13uDS0
Ok, last one, or i'll get carried away. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqNa9ycTZXQ&feature=related
Again, listen to more terranigma songs. Totally... Awesome.
And forgive me if it seems like i'm cutting into this conversation, this post took me a while, i started when we were still doing music links :p

D

Deleted member

That's the only thing I can think of. The worst character suggested is call of duty man.

About question 1: Spongebob would have a pretty awesome moveset but Mickey is more likely

SSBF, who do you think is the least impossible TV, movie whatever character (Not videogame character?).
Even though we will never see a non-video game character in SSB4, I would have to say Goku, although I'm getting the feeling that if Sakurai had not outlawed non-video game character, the kid version of him may actually have a sizeable chance in SSB4. I actually have a lot of reason for why I think he's the most likely if you're curious.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I would quote Disfunctional too, but his quote messed up for some reason when I tried to include it in my post.
For some reason I found this extremely funny. You made my name look... well correct. (except the "I" is suppose to be a "y")

After all, Goku was the most requested out of all the anime characters. Reasons? That's rare but sure. Just don't make it look like you're rooting for Goku because people might take the wrong idea

I'll spell your name right from now on, disfunctional.

Edit: I have poor knowledge about Ray so I might have a hard time doing his moveset

Be back in a minute

OmegaXXII

Yeah, that was a horrible troll.

@OmegaXVII: Prepare to laugh your *** off again. Though to be fair, my early posting weren't exactly great, although as you can see, I am much better now.
What is this??!! 52 characters probably ain't gonna happen, neither is Bomberman, and lol at Kat & Ana!

@beserker: let me see that link where people are requesting Goku!!

I'll give them props for at least adding Ray MK.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Omega makes me want to record our matches so he can stop flexing LOL.

He mayo though,

The worst roster I've seen is...that one guy who wanted Deadpool and etc. basically had more 3rd/4th parties than Nintendo characters LOL

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Berserker you still spelled it wrong
is this really america's future?
=P
It's dysfunctional
IMO disfunkshunal should be the right way though

EDIT: I approve ANY list that includes bomberman.
ANY LIST.

D

Deleted member

After all, Goku was the most requested out of all the anime characters.
It's more then just requests (Although I have said this before, but I would actually like to see a kid version of him in SSB4, although as he will never be in SSB4, I choose not to actively pursue it since that would be kind of stupid). Other reasons why I think he would have stood the greatest chance is this:

- Kid Goku would pretty much fit perfectly with other Smash characters. I cannot imagine many other anime characters not totally overpowering them. For him, that isn't the case. It's also the reason why he would be the only non-video game character I wouldn't be ****** about getting in whereas I would rage over Naruto's inclusion.

- Dragon Ball is one of the most popular manga and Japanese anime series of all-time. Look at the impact it has caused and see how it is different because of Dragon Ball.

- He has a lot of appearances on Nintendo gaming systems and the kid version has especially common ones. Definitely can't be mistaken for synonymous with Nintendo, but still has had some titles with Nintendo, good or bad.

- If not for Sakurai's "No anime characters" rule, if Akira Toriyama were to allow involvement in Smash, I would not be surprise if he for some reason tried to get the kid version of Goku in Smash.

Basically, he's the perfect "WTF" character that no one with realistic expectations will expect, ourselves included. It's also because of these reasons why he almost has a chance of being playable, but it's that one rule that bars him. Personally, I have no problem with Sakurai's rule or Goku staying out as he clearly has good intentions (A human can only take so many Lady Gaga's requests), but that doesn't stop me from thinking about what he would do if he was included.

And with that, I've said my due on him. *Goes back to "Realistic Expectations" mode*.

Chris the Ripper

Hmm,i doubt you guys heard about that asteriod coming close to Earth thing in mid November of this year,have you?

On topic: NEW CHARACER IDEA!!!!!
The Legend of Zelda's very own *drumroll*...........

VAATI!!!

Other New character idea:*drumroll*........

Chell!The main character from Portal 2!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
you ain't gonna do **** boi!!

Then again, do it!!

I want to see some of these ridiculous list concerning 3rd party characters.

@d:why you like bomberman so much?

It started with super bonberman when I fell in live with the multiplayer. It's weird because all you do is try to blow people up before they get you but it never gets stale. Plus ive always been fascinated with explosions not in a terrorist sence but in a more "wow that's looks really cool" type a way. And bombs make explosions and bomberman has bombs sooooooo

A newcomer....

Okay E11. Here are some things you should know before posting:

1.) Avoid posting your personal roster.
2.) Do not discuss about Toad and Ridley
3.) No flaming or trolling

That's all what you need to know. Posting characters may cause over 10 pages of debates so I suggest you not to do it.

OmegaXXII

Agree with Omega

Before a match, it should show the character vs character.

That video reminded me of Street Fighter for some reason, it makes me want to play the old games again.

Also, that Goku fanboy is nuts, sure I love Goku as a character but he isn't originally from a video game.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I don't know why I thought he meant my video >_>.

That brawl was epic. How was the knockback altered because most of the time they went flying they returned O_o

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Good song star, but i still prefer that chrono trigger one. But i'm going to dig up another 'secret of....' and remind you of a game that i personally think was even better than secret of mana, which was an awesome game:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8lyxHtIzE&feature=related
Also listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9cG0C0ZWUU&feature=related
You'll notice the music from secret of evermore was very soft and calm. I suggest listening to some of it's other songs.

Now for some Terranigma:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmmN-13uDS0
Ok, last one, or i'll get carried away. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqNa9ycTZXQ&feature=related
Again, listen to more terranigma songs. Totally... Awesome.
And forgive me if it seems like i'm cutting into this conversation, this post took me a while, i started when we were still doing music links :p
You win this entire thread for posting Secret of Evermore music! Oh I love that game, I played through it several months ago. The best song from that entire game is the music from the Greek Temple. Swear that sends chills down my spine...

Continuing the Mana theme, I love Yoko Shimomura! Legend of Mana undoubtedly had her best compositions!

Legend of Mana - Fiery Castle (epic, epic, EPIC!)
Legend of Mana - Wanderer's Path
Legend of Mana - Pain the Universe
Legend of Mana - Irwin on Reflection
Legend of Mana - Marginal Beast
Legend of Mana - Earth Painting
Legend of Mana - The Wind Sings of a Journey
Legend of Mana - Moonlit City Roa
Legend of Mana - City of Flickering Destruction
Legend of Mana - The Excitement of Both of Us (this one is epic too! Almost PoTC-ish.)
Legend of Mana - Memory of Running

Chris the Ripper

So my idea wasnt bad?

@Iblis and Omega
Sorry guys,i waz waiting for your post counts to go above 9000 so I could make a Dbz reference,but I already wasted it on some guy on his profile message board. *le goes to find link*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
JavaCroc said:
But is single-player mode alone a big enough selling point for all potential buyers? For SSB players who lean towards being more "hardcore" or excited for the series, yes, but for everyone else, is it enough?
Well, for all potential buyers, the Smash Bros. brand is going to be the biggest selling point. After that, it's the portability. I mean, whatever is getting tacked onto it, it's bound for success by just being Smash. (Also I'd imagine the hardcore tourney players would be the ones most likely to pass it up...?) FOR HUGE FANS LIKE US, assuming it has the quality of every other Smash, and doesn't diverge from the core multiplayer experience, that'd probably be all we would need to warrant buying it? Anyway, is single-player alone a big enough selling point? Probably not? Who bought Brawl for the SSE?

I was referring more to DisFunctional's post than yours in this paragraph; sorry for not clarifying. If that's the way connectivity really works, then I'd prefer Wii U exclusives while 3DS has none, since that would honestly be a rip-off to "import" 3DS characters then. Can you give me some examples of this so-called "connectivity"?
Alright, for clarity's sake, let's use Pokemon as an example. When you trade, you're not really sending over all the data for your Pokemon to the other game. The other game will read your data, then create that Pokemon on that game using its own data. Something along those lines? It just gives the illusion that the Pokemon you "traded" is actually the same one. To go about it any other way would just be CONVOLUTED. For Sm4sh, and lets just assume the 3DS had exclusives, the idea is that you can transfer characters you have used on its single-player mode onto the WiiU version. Now, everything about that character would have to already exist on the WiiU game's disc. It would already have a system in place to upgrade that character like you have done on the 3DS. It would read the data you're sending it, blah blah blah, then essentially create your 3DS character using data already on the WiiU version. So you see, it would be a huge waste to have these exclusive characters fully on the WiiU, but not being able to play as them unless you have the 3DS game. That's what I mean when saying the 3DS would pretty much only act as a key. ...I could see maybe one exclusive character knowing that. I WOULD NOT PUT IT PAST NINTENDO TO TEMPT YOU INTO BUYING MORE OF THEIR STUFF. (You couldn't get all the trophies in Melee unless you had a save file of Pikmin >8( )

That was an entirely too long of an explanation. I'M SORRY. Notthebestatexplainingthingsanditdoesn'thelpthatI'mtired,lolol.

Define "too much". I can see a limit to exclusivity, but to what degree in your opinion?
Too much? Well, they're already going to be pretty different. 3DS version probably won't have many more modes than the mysterious single-player thing. WHEREAS the WiiU will surely have the usual amount PLUS MORE. A lot of people assume the 3DS version will have the story mode, but I'm not sure that's a safe jump to make. Something on a portable needs be something you can play over and over again, and a story mode just isn't that. I'm betting it'll have more of an "arcade" feel to it. Since Sakurai wanted a story mode so badly for Brawl, I don't see him just shoving it aside for the next installment though. That'll probably be something he wants to build off of. That would probably go on the WiiU version. ANYWAY I GOT SIDETRACKED. I can see exclusive stages between consoles? I'm sure WiiU stages take advantage of its power, whereas the 3DS will probably do something with the 3D abilities. Hopefully nothing too distracting. I fear music may not be a priority, so some songs may get cut from the 3DS version. Exclusive/tradable trophies sounds like something they'd do. OH, and unlockable alternate costumes on the 3DS version that you can transfer to the WiiU version. That'd definitely warrant a purchase. SO. I really don't think differing rosters is necessary, or even a good idea. I mean, for it to have less characters than the WiiU version... would almost be admitting that their new technology just couldn't handle it. Because let's face it, characters always have top priority. >:V

Wow. I can be incredibly long winded sometimes. I'm just going to use tiredness as a scapegoat. But I think it's a discussion that needs to be had? :3

I applaud anyone who stuck it through while reading this post.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Can't just write one up all WILLY-NILLY. >8(

IT'LL HAPPEN THOUGH. Although hopefully this doesn't create too much HYPE for it to never live up to. I JUST WANT IT THOROUGH AND PRESENTABLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom