• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like doing U-smash while your sliding on the ground for a certain distance.

(Dash Attack cancel U smash)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@omega
Yea
@iblis
it was only 3 hours ago and I was sleep. Calm down

You do know I'm black right beserker?

:phone:

Got first to you Iblis about the DACUS.

They should increase the hitsun like how it was in melee but not like smash 64.

@iblis: They're racist. Ignore them. Can't appreciate the intelligence of the black race

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL, yo chill. My man Star doesn't like it when we talk about races.

Black people still running sports though, see me in soccer son

EDIT: The hitstun from brawl and melee are same. Sakurai/whoever ****ed up the coding for it so now *****s are living to ******** percents because we can cancel it with and aerial/air dodge/special. It's pretty hilarious, yesterday I lived to 208% LOL

Wait a minute! Omega! Why didn't you post the more you know picture to iblis when I posted it first to him!? :mad:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yo, you must not know. That one time this year where it kept SNOWING IN GEORGIA it iced over. So I wavedashed down my hill, but at the end I remember that we play brawl now and I got Sakurai and tripped LOL

Wavedash irl = death. May cause tripping.

Never wavedash or DACUS in real life. And avoid double jumping. It's impossible.

I once did a shuttle loop in real life, I didn't have to hit the guy to knock him away

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Did you make airplane noises while in Shuttle Loop? LOL

What are you talking about, I used to DACUS all the time in karate.

How about double jump?

And no, I did not make airplane noises. I can't imitate the sound. If I did, I might have ended up swallowing my own saliva.

Off for now D:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think RANDOM tripping should leave, but tripping due to the banana or attacks (is it usually dtilts?) should probably stay. CAN I GET AN OPINION ON THIS?

I don't have the heart to continue about Toad. u3u

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Tripping should be ****** banned or taken out, that was my biggest complain as far as competative play goes.

Word, the only reason we don't do it in Brawl is because when you start messing with gameplay people could have added buff and or nerfs to certain characters in their hackset.

I think RANDOM tripping should leave, but tripping due to the banana or attacks (is it usually dtilts?) should probably stay. CAN I GET AN OPINION ON THIS?

Oasis, that is perfectly fine. Mostly moves that have a downwards knockback causes tripping and bananas. Just the random tripping needs to go LOL

How about double jump?

And no, I did not make airplane noises. I can't imitate the sound. If I did, I might have ended up swallowing my own saliva.

Off for now D:
***** do I look like Bruce Lee? I can't double Jump.

LOL

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Well I wouldn't mind if it was optional, meaning there's a setting for it to be turned off, otherwise NO!! As for items I guess :/

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You could think of it as an extension of that attack? Like being frozen by the Ice Climbers. Tripping would be like a new status effect or something?

"This is a slicing attack," "This is a freezing attack," "This is a dark attack," "This is a tripping attack."

Maybe? :I

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Well I wouldn't mind if it was optional, meaning there's a setting for it to be turned off, otherwise NO!! As for items I guess :/

Well would Diddy then get a new Down B? O have no idea what Diddy would be like without bananas. Maybe they could rebalance him, but I dunno.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You could think of it as an extension of that attack? Like being frozen by the Ice Climbers. Tripping would be like a new status effect or something?

"This is a slicing attack," "This is a freezing attack," "This is a dark attack," "This is a tripping attack."

Maybe? :I
I could see that working.

@Iblis: We need Toise up in here, he'll explain exactly why Nintendo doesn't market to compte. players. Perhaps I'll go dig up that conversation.
I don't remember that.

Well would Diddy then get a new Down B? O have no idea what Diddy would be like without bananas. Maybe they could rebalance him, but I dunno.

I can't imagine it either. All this time playing one of the best Diddies I can't see him being different.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's not impossible to change Ganondorf's move set. Look at how much hate Ganondorf got for being a poor clone of Captain Falcon. It is ranked among the worst in the tiers for good reasons. Ganondorf is without a doubt, deserving of a new move set and I think the people who wants his move set changed outweigh that of those who wants his move set to stay the same. At this rate, the only way to make Ganondorf not suck is to give him his own move set, which he deserves. I would much rather see his move set change then Zelda get a fifth rep.
Truth is, he wont get it. There is no reason to completely revamp his moveset. Remember that this is a game first. His moves work and, yes, do represent Ganondorf. He never had a sword in game until Wind Waker (after Melee). Ganondorf has the triforce of power. What do you think he'll do? Have a cool sword? No, he going to beat the crap out of everyone.

Sakurai has also said he wouldn't have gotten in if he wasn't a clone.

And again, he's had the same moveset for two games. No need to change it for the third.

Lastly, forget about tiers. They don't matter. If you play with items, or have more than 2 players, play on any other mode in the game or (maybe) play on a non legal stage, than the tier list falls apart. This is also 99% of Smash players and is what online will use.

You know what I think? I think we should capitalize on the fact that Sakurai got blindsided by Iwata's announcement and doesn't have a Game Design Document made yet. The top players and TO's of Smashboards should all get together and make a GDD for him, one that covers all the basic design elements so that we can get a head start on whatever crazy **** he wants to throw into the next game.
Doesn't matter. Sakurai will reject it. He made Smash Brothers in response to how exclusive other fighting games were. Not sure he'll go 180 on it.

Also, when the game DOES come out, we should learn from our mistakes and not ban anything for the first 3-6 months of having the game. Seriously, take it super slow and methodical.
Looks like someone on Smashboards is smart ;)

Truth is, this should have been done with Brawl, but better late then never.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's probably Diddy's fault that we have tripping to begin with.

"Oh, this banana peel is fun! I think I'll make it an item."

"Oh, this item is fun! I bet it would be even more fun if this tripping happened randomly!"

He made tripping an essential part of one of the most wanted and popular characters, so now it can never be taken away. u3u

OmegaXXII

Actually I don't mind items so Diddy could keep his Down B, heck maybe Dixie might join him.

I just hated the fact that tripping was mandatory as in you have to play with it, it usually would cause me to lose in critical moments :/

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
My memory is failing me. Is he the same person who was really smart but always digressed into some random stuff like economy and politics?

OmegaXXII

@Omega: You want tripping to be optional? Download Brawl + to an SD card and slap it in your console. When you want the option to trip, leave that sucker out.
I REALLY, REALLY need to try this, music hacks, character hacks like sephiroth, all that good stuff because Im seriously missing out.

SmashChu used to hang around the old SSB4 thread If I can recall.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I don't like stuff like Brawl+ BBrawl. Brawl - is fun but ehh it ****s with me when I try to go back to regular brawl. Cosmetic hacking like music and texture hacks makes Brawl 12i3u92048u239483r908-rr9r890r849849028XRL times better though.

Life

Smash Hero
Actually, making status effects actually do things would be pretty brilliant.

Electric attacks have ZSS stun (although her dsmash is still the only one that lasts long, for character diversity's sake) (they already have increased hitlag, I know)
Fire does damage over time until canceled by an attack (think fire in OOT)
Darkness weakens the opponent's next attack in some way and possibly DoT
Flower gets retooled as a Leech Seed effect (health drain)

etc. and maybe add a couple new ones

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Meh, vBrawl is were Tiers are all the rage. I find B+ to be more balanced, creative, and challenging

@Iblis: And you can do all that annoying broken techniques with MK Btw, would you happen to be talking about Chu or Toise?
I've actually found all the brawl hacks besides BBrawl to be really easy to pick up and I won a B+ and B- tourney on my first time playing the hack. :-/

Also I'm talking about Chu.

Electric attacks have ZSS stun (although her dsmash is still the only one that lasts long, for character diversity's sake) (they already have increased hitlag, I know)

I like it. It's more balancing on Sora and Sakurai's part but adds depth to the game.

EDIT: I know LiM8D, but I have the most fun playing vBrawl with said cosmetic hacks. @MK: I don't have trouble with MK as Fox due to Fox having one of the best MUs against MK in vBrawl :p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

I LIKE IT. It especially makes me want Bowser Jr. He could change the paint on his paintbrush, and mark different areas with different paint... Each color having different properties?!

Yehs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom