• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your absolutely right which is why snake doesn't deserve to be in. Do I like him? Yes. Will I miss him if he was cut? Yes. Does he deserve to be in? No.
It's called begging (Friendship). You expect Hudson to get down on their knees and beg.
Let's be honest here. The only reason you don't support Zoroark is because he's black.
Guys I just came back from cinema from one of the worst movies in my life period.... Transformers 3 was a sack of balls....and don't get me started on the needless 3D gimmick my eyes are strained the only good thing was Optimus Prime man.... (sorry for being off-topic but I love to complain to my friends and you guys I consider you friends to a certain extent xD).
Don't watch movies in 3D. The glasses are annoying.
My response to Super smash bros. fan, I wanna thank Oasis to pointing me to it, long read up ahead:

Because Toad is a generic character, it wouldn't be as different as adding Waddle Dee for a Kirby rep, both characters are generic characters that ALREADY appear in brawl as part of another character's moveset, yes you can say what you want about Yoshi being generic but he was added from the get go to a game that Sakurai thought wasn't even gonna get imported, so back them character inclusion wasn't a big deal.

Generic!? Wtf is this? Toad's not near generic. He's unique. People say he's generic just because he's part of a generic race (Which is stupid). It is 100% completely different to comparing to a Waddle Dee. Waddle Dee isn't even important in the game. You can't even define who is THE waddle dee. You know who Toad is. He's THE Toad who appears in the spin-offs. Toad's not generic. He's WAAAY more likely than Geno.

I strongly believe Paper Mario won't be added because he'll take away what makes G&W so special, the one trait that makes G&W stand out from the other cast. And think about it, Paper Mario has been around since the 64, I think that is Sakurai where to add him he would have done so by now.

Paper Mario's games had positive reviews plus there's a new game of it coming to the 3DS. It's more famous and well received than Super Mario RPG. Other than that, he wouldn't be a clone of Mario and there's no problem with adding another 2D character. He would play differently.

Yes, Geno has been around since the SNES, but it was only until the latest game that Sakurai realized he a VERY liked character, since he appeared in the top 5 most wanted characters in his poll. Much so that he even got Sakurai attention and started asking about the character, I believe that he wasn't added cause they didn't have time to talk with S.E. about his inclusion, and think about it, Nintendo has let S.E. make 2 crappy sports games with FF characters in them, I'm positive S.E. won't put up a fight in order to give Geno's rights, not to mention that he can be added to the Mario universe and not get his own symbol, thus not considered 3rd party. I am aware that there are many hurdles to jump to get Geno, but the fact that Sakurai said he likes obscure characters also helps his chances.

Then again I don't see Mario getting 2 more reps, so Bowser Jr. is still the likeliest.

Being 'one-shot' characters shouldn't hurt their chances, want proof? Sheik, Lucas, Ness, these 3 characters are 'one-shot' characters and they're still in right? Fact is that Midna has a huge fanbase, to the point of Aonuma being asked and considering her return in a future game. Just because they appeared in one game doesn't automatically count them out, especially if the character is from a huge series like Zelda. I only mentioned Zant cause he's the next likeliest choice after Midna, BUT it could be that Ghirahim gets a huge fanbase or something and gets added over both characters because he's more recent.

Shiek isn't a one shot character. She reappeared in the 3DS remake. I don't know why Ness and Lucas are there. Maybe it's cause of their fanbase. Midna is NOT getting in. She isn't important to the Zelda universe like Ghirahim and Zant. Personally, the Zelda reps seems fine as is. No need to add more characters

I'm positive Tingle won't be added, he has had two shots in getting in playable, but instead he was added as a worthless AT in brawl, in the lines of goldeen, and like I've said, I believe AT characters are for those characters that are popular but that they don't have enough popularity or can't bring enough to the table to warrant a slot in the roster.

Tingle isn't gonna be a fighter.

Besides, do you really want to see ANOTHER Zelda/Sheik or Tingle rather than a more unique character like Midna?

Zelda/Shiek.

have fun reading this

The blue ones are my replies.

Reminder: There's no such thing as a realistic roster no matter how much logic there is. Reminder to not only Stryks but all of us including me.

Oh wait, you want to add Toad? Oh okay. Just don't call him generic. No one thought of a mushroom man. Well, someone thought of a big guy with a huge *** sword.

It is true though. Relevance does not matter but what matters is that the character was important to the series and he's iconic to the series. The problem is, is Midna, 9 volt and the other one shot characters you listed important to the series. I don't know about Shiek but.... I don't know the reason why but she's a cool character. (Or he. Whatever). It's cool playing as a ninja.
I SAW THAT LIM8D.

Well damn.
That was epic. I love it when SSBF gets into a debate.

He's like the guy who will be the substitute when the main supporter of this character is not online.
I hope so, IMO Jiggs isn't even cute anymore, she definetly lost any love I had for it a long time ago.

Aside from Mewtwo, Yea... Charizard da best in general. :cool:

:phone:
Jigglypuff isn't cute.

She's bad*** and is usually depicted as a maniacal deep voiced overlord in most SSBB shows/machinimas. Jigglypuff is mah girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7GmpJ-SxAk

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
@ssbowns: I think we will eventually get to the point where we can add very little or no more slots to the series without totally unbalancing the game. I think the limit will top out somewhere between SSB5 and SSB7 and after that, remains level for the rest of the series.
Agreed.

Hmm. But what would people say if each 3rd party company eventually got their own slot? Not just the Nintendo's closest japanese studios Sega, Square, Tecmo, Capcom but also western studios like EA, Activision, Valve... even Microsoft and Sony. Managing the deals would be difficult I imagine but no doubt it would be quite a big popularity increaser to have the likes of Gordon Freeman, Big Daddy from Bioshock and Rayman duke it out with Mario, Samus, Link and the gang.

That rep could change from game to game. An open letter to all 3rd party companies saying we have reserved 1 slot for a character from your game house. The companies may bite or not.

Though I would put Sonic, Megaman, possibly Bomberman and Hayabusa under special protection of having a solid rep seat because they are so central parts in Nintendo's history.

That reminds me. Where is Contra? The favorite game of millions of NES players. Bill and Lance could be an interesting duo team, some items or stage could be taken from it (First stage ftw) or atleast an AT or something else. Snake might not be so central for early Nintendo but Konami has something else that is.

Agreed.

Hmm. But what would people say if each 3rd party company eventually got their own slot? Not just the Nintendo's closest japanese studios Sega, Square, Tecmo, Capcom but also western studios like EA, Activision, Valve... even Microsoft and Sony. Managing the deals would be difficult I imagine but no doubt it would be quite a big popularity increaser to have the likes of Gordon Freeman, Big Daddy from Bioshock and Rayman duke it out with Mario, Samus, Link and the gang.

That rep could change from game to game. An open letter to all 3rd party companies saying we have reserved 1 slot for a character from your game house. The companies may bite or not.

Though I would put Sonic, Megaman, possibly Bomberman and Hayabusa under special protection of having a solid rep seat because they are so central parts in Nintendo's history.

That reminds me. Where is Contra? The favorite game of millions of NES players. Bill and Lance could be an interesting duo team, some items or stage could be taken from it (First stage ftw) or atleast an AT or something else. Snake might not be so central for early Nintendo but Konami has something else that is.
The SSB character branch (Based on most wanted and importance):
Mario
Luigi
V
V
Peach
Bowser
V
V
Toad
Jr.
Paper Mario
V
V
Koopa
Shyguy?

Who knows? Once all the important characters are added, who knows who will be next.
Toad's potential to be interesting and unique fails when compared to the other next-in-line Mario characters.

OhwhoopsIguessIwasalittlelateinresponding. :V
Well that's subjective.

In my opinion, he's even MORE interesting than Bowser Jr. Don't try using the same **** species against him being un-unique (generic). It's kind of weird of you think about it. Toad, a mushroom man that was never thought of, being generic..... Wtf.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Because people never paid attention to first one and saw why it ended. They just come back with the same flawed logic as the last group. LOL

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I lost 10$ to my training partner yesterday T.T he is getting so good. I guess I have to play catch up now. I'll vids of the matches up later today. Why is peach so damn hard to juggle? LOL

Insert name here

Intro for the character​

Stats:
*Insert small picture here of the character*
*Insert overall summary of character's pros and cons*

STR:
WEIGHT:
SPEED:
ATK SPD:
SHIELD:
SIZE:
JUMP:

HEADING FOR TITLES SUCH AS SPECIAL ATTACKS, STANDARDS, etc.

Type of attack : Name of attack
*Insert image if you can find one*
What the character does in the attack and the damage

*Insert use of the attack*

Final smash
*Insert image here*
Summary of the final smash​

Arrangement:

Intro
Stats
Specials
Standard attacks
Tilt attacks
Smash attacks
Aerial attacks
Grab attacks
(Optional) Other attacks (Ledge attack, get up attack, etc.)
Final smash
Playstyle
Taunts, victory pose, lose pose
Kirby hat
CODEC converstation

@Iblis: Cause she's light (Fat compared to other women and for some reason, heavier than Marth.) and she falls slowly.

Floating is what annoys me in the match. Not entirely but errr....

One time, she had a bob-omb, I lost. ****

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's all good I had to play my partner in a tourney in loser brackets it was 1-1 my CP then I lost when I was up about 70% because of the ******* bomb LOL

You know that wrinkled turnip? None of us noticed it was the deadly turnip. I didn't care about it. When she threw it to me successfully, I got killed at like 100%.

Well at least you have a reflector.

It feels weird that we're the only ones who talk about competitive things.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm sure Hoots would make an amazing competitive player down the line. When he made that one moveset, for Krystal, he knew exactly was doing and made it from a competitive basing. We need to recruit this guy haha.

How do you do in the Diddy MU? Biglou's diddy is so hard :urg: I can't wait till I got out of state with him, i know he is going to get his name back up, from luigi's greatest to a Gne$/@DHD level diddy (<-antinamesearch).

I'm sure Hoots would make an amazing competitive player down the line. When he made that one moveset, for Krystal, he knew exactly was doing and made it from a competitive basing. We need to recruit this guy haha.

How do you do in the Diddy MU? Biglou's diddy is so hard :urg: I can't wait till I got out of state with him, i know he is going to get his name back up, from luigi's greatest to a Gne$/@DHD level diddy (<-antinamesearch).
Hoots must care for the gameplay then since most competitives including me care about the gameplay of smash 4.

How to deal with Diddy? I don't know how to do it with Fox. I know how to do it with Snake.

Use Jigglypuff

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL, I'll never use Jiggz. IKR, aiyyo I've been wanting to talk about gameplay/mechanics/possible ATs since the beginning dog

ATs as in assist trophies or advanced techniques?

Melee air dodge system and physics level between brawl and melee for sm4sh

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Advanced Techs.

I saw someone say put Melee's airdodge in the L trigger and Brawl's in the R. Then he never came back, such a shame it was a really good idea!

Heavy/fasfalling characters should get Meleeifed fallspeed weight and lightweights should have Brawl's fallspeed.

Imagine Baroquing from TvC in Smash. That's amazing.

EDIT: Idk why people don't like the competitive scene. ESPECIALLY the developers when we are their biggest source of advertisement, when we post vids, have livestreams, and make websites such as SWF/SBR/AIB for their games.

I've heard some people suggesting aid-dash (MvC 3).

Personally, that removes the purpose of recoveries. Maybe you can do air dash once but overall, I don't think it's a great idea

It's also gonna make good vertical recoveries broken. Air dash + Vertical recovery = Broken

Why people do not like competitive players: Probably cause they think we're mean to the casuals which I heavily disagree with.

I saw some people comment about competitive players or MLG players. They think:
- MLG players have no life
- MLG players hyperventilate a lot
- MLG players life is gaming

Personally, that's not true. There are MLG players who have a social lives.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Sad thing is for 95% of the smash community that's not true. LOL least not for any of the people I've met/talked to on skype.

It's not true. Those people think stereotypically. They picture gamers in a wrong way.

Assists for smash? Lol. Sounds weird but I can imagine Peach jumping out of no where and throwing a turnip. There should be an AT where in Snake's F-tilt can be DACUS'ed.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
YO they should make an assist button or make it an option but it'd probably have to have some control stick command like SF

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Forget Airdashing, we need wavedashing back!! Don't mean to sound silly though.

Seriously though as long as the game is balanced to a certian point I could care less how many characters we get overall, I personally am expecting at least 44/45

I'm indifferent to the number of characters. I care if it is above 45 at least.

I think the assist button should be the L button (Not LZ button).

Forget wavedashing! We need more advanced techs!

DACFT (Dash attack cancel f-tilt). Only Snake and Toad can do it (Useless with Toad lol).

Raccoon_Mario22

Smash Cadet
I was thinking along the lines for maybe bringing Axel Stone or some of the Bare Knuckle crew into the next installment of Smash Bros. I have ideas for movesets but can't decide what move gets used for specials or smashes.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
How would it affect toad?

Also Bowser needs to to faster and is nair needs to be buffed some more, it's kinda disappointing to have played him from Melee to Brawl.

Who is axel stone and bare knuckle crew?

Toad's f-tilt is short ranged therefore it it useless with him.

@Iblis: Lol. What would scare me is if Fox can DACUS. Fuuu--- :(

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It's called begging (Friendship). You expect Hudson to get down on their knees and beg.
ummmm 2 things:

1: we dropped it
And
2: You couldn't be more far off. I wasn't saying Hudson should beg I was saying a character doesn't deserve to be in only because your friend begs you.

Please read everything before responding.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
ummmm 2 things:

1: we dropped it
And
2: You couldn't be more far off. I wasn't saying Hudson should beg I was saying a character doesn't deserve to be in only because your friend begs you.

Please read everything before responding.

aww come on...we've moved on yo

Who is axel stone and bare knuckle crew?

Toad's f-tilt is short ranged therefore it it useless with him.

@Iblis: Lol. What would scare me is if Fox can DACUS. Fuuu--- :(
Fox can DACUS, it's the only way for shine and Usmash to connect. Fox's Dacus slides him just a little bit futher than normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom