• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
WTF? You can add texture hacks and music to B+, what are you talking about?

@Omega: You don't even have to go that far as to hack your wii or anything. B+ just loads directly from your SD card.
Really need to learn how to do what's in bold :(

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What's your main LiM8D. Fox doesn't have a horrible MU against Marth either. It all depends on who you play. Also there are barely any good Marths in the US. There are probably 3.

Omega

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
? then why did you bring up Melee?

Oh yeah about the difficultly. In B+ and B- I shouldn't be able to go pro in 10 mins. Fox= Side B>Bair so broken LOL. Yeah I already said I won a B+ and B- tourney and I never played them before, Biglou just told me to try it with him.

IDK, I haven't touched them since last year.

OmegaXXII

@Omega: Are you looking to go game hacks or the whole homebrew shibang?
Basically I need game hacks, not so much the channel. But yea....

@xIblisx:Okay so what does project M consist of? Brawl-? I heard it was everything close to Melee's style of play.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
P:M is basically a melee physics port over to Brawl.

@LiM8D: Yeah it's too easy, when I go up against people who I know play that hackset more than I do and practice it regularly, and beat them solidly.

OmegaXXII

Essentially, the SD information tricks the game files into loading your game. For most of them, you head to stage builder and the files will automatically take you to the menu involving your preferred hack. I'll see if I can link you to the tutorial page. They might do a better job at explaining it.
Yes please do so, it will give me a better understanding when it comes time to hack SSB4 :awesome:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yes please do so, it will give me a better understanding when it comes time to hack SSB4 :awesome:

Nothing can stop hackers. Not even Sony LOL

Trunks: MY training's paid off!

I don't know man, have you considered the notion that you are just good?

But anyways, something about Fire Emblem...

EDIT- NOOO! For the nitty gritty hacks, defer to Iblis. He knows the ways of the master.
I guess. I wish they still hosted B- tournies I want free money :c

I learn to hack from my friend Scatz. He taught me how to hack :) I can call or AIM him if needed though.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I saw that Peach comment on your VM conversation. Classic Iblis, LOL for good times.

Trick *** ****a! You still need to add me!
LOL my bad.

FFFUUU my videos music and sounds is desynced >.>

...the quality is bad. *sigh* I guess there is no way short cutting Youtube. >.>

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Nah I didn't get ***** by I did end up losing in the end.

Damn, Chris got me back on a DBZ kick. I want more DBZ music on my brawl now :-/

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Tell me why at least 50% of the games me and partner played had DBZ music playing LOL

Youtube hate edit: Don't expect the first vid for another hour, SOME BULL**** YO

D

Deleted member

ssbowns said:
Agreed.

Hmm. But what would people say if each 3rd party company eventually got their own slot? Not just the Nintendo's closest japanese studios Sega, Square, Tecmo, Capcom but also western studios like EA, Activision, Valve... even Microsoft and Sony. Managing the deals would be difficult I imagine but no doubt it would be quite a big popularity increaser to have the likes of Gordon Freeman, Big Daddy from Bioshock and Rayman duke it out with Mario, Samus, Link and the gang.

That rep could change from game to game. An open letter to all 3rd party companies saying we have reserved 1 slot for a character from your game house. The companies may bite or not.

Though I would put Sonic, Megaman, possibly Bomberman and Hayabusa under special protection of having a solid rep seat because they are so central parts in Nintendo's history.

That reminds me. Where is Contra? The favorite game of millions of NES players. Bill and Lance could be an interesting duo team, some items or stage could be taken from it (First stage ftw) or atleast an AT or something else. Snake might not be so central for early Nintendo but Konami has something else that is.
We don't need an overfill of third-party characters. Only ones with a good history with Nintendo and ones that are very popular should be in (That means no Travis Touchdown). Nintendo main focus should be their own characters and once they run out of good video game characters, they need to pull the plug on the series, not fill the other spots with third-party companies.
xIblisx said:
I'm sure Hoots would make an amazing competitive player down the line. When he made that one moveset, for Krystal, he knew exactly was doing and made it from a competitive basing. We need to recruit this guy haha.
I'm pretty sure KumaOso made that.
OmegaXVII said:
Tripping should be ****** banned or taken out, that was my biggest complain as far as competative play goes.
Non-competitive player here, but I will agree that tripping needs to be taken off entirely.
SmashChu said:
Truth is, he wont get it. There is no reason to completely revamp his moveset. Remember that this is a game first. His moves work and, yes, do represent Ganondorf. He never had a sword in game until Wind Waker (after Melee). Ganondorf has the triforce of power. What do you think he'll do? Have a cool sword? No, he going to beat the crap out of everyone.

Sakurai has also said he wouldn't have gotten in if he wasn't a clone.

And again, he's had the same moveset for two games. No need to change it for the third.

Lastly, forget about tiers. They don't matter. If you play with items, or have more than 2 players, play on any other mode in the game or (maybe) play on a non legal stage, than the tier list falls apart. This is also 99% of Smash players and is what online will use.
Remember, you did say he has a sword and Ganondorf is shown using a sword as a taunt move in Brawl. My point being, he has potentials to be unique.

He may not have gotten into Melee but we would have gotten an unique Ganondorf in Brawl.

His playstyle most certainly is in need of a change and tier does matter. Having played with Ganondorf, I can safely say that he plays terribly in comparison to other players. Being the King of Evil yet being at the bottom of Brawl's tierlist does not represent who Ganondorf is. If Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon again, people are going to hate it even more, they aren't going to just accept Ganondorf being a clone for the rest of the series. Also, if it's possible to change a move, it is possible to change an entire move set.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
What, my ****a, you got *****? Where's Hoots, did he do this to you?

Some earlier post shows him in action, pull that up. He's a monster with that utilt.

EDIT- For Real! I've been thinkin about that "with all my force" song since I woke up this mornin.
If only. Back in the day I played a real mean Wario. I'm severely rusty now.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Truth is, he wont get it. There is no reason to completely revamp his moveset. Remember that this is a game first. His moves work and, yes, do represent Ganondorf. He never had a sword in game until Wind Waker (after Melee). Ganondorf has the triforce of power. What do you think he'll do? Have a cool sword? No, he going to beat the crap out of everyone.
While he may not have used a sword in pre-WW games, he definitely had a trident as Ganon in LttP and two swords in OoT as Ganon. I think a lot of people are rather ticked that someone with as much prestige and effect of gaming has been reduced to a clone of someone from a completely different game.

Sakurai has also said he wouldn't have gotten in if he wasn't a clone.
He pretty much said that was the case for him in Melee when they were beefing up the roster.

And again, he's had the same moveset for two games. No need to change it for the third.
Jill had the same moveset in the first two MvC games and then got a complete revamp in the third one. At the very least, there's a precendent.
Doesn't matter. Sakurai will reject it. He made Smash Brothers in response to how exclusive other fighting games were. Not sure he'll go 180 on it.
It's a bit ironic as he included things like L-Canceling in when they were just pointless technical barriers.]

I'm sure Hoots would make an amazing competitive player down the line. When he made that one moveset, for Krystal, he knew exactly was doing and made it from a competitive basing. We need to recruit this guy haha.
I was the one that made the Krystal moveset in this thread. I wasn't necessarily making it from a competitive setting. I made the moveset in a way that fits the character and gives her a distinctive playstyle instead of tossing in random moves and hope it works. That, and I've used different fighters as inspiration for her moveset as I've mentioned before. The Nook one I made was reminiscent of Makoto in SF (ended up like that, not intentionally) and the Muddy Mole one was like a mix of Trish and Ibuki.

And depending on the fate of SSB4, I'll play competitively. I'm already a competitive player for SF4, but I get a lot of flak for being random when I only appear like I'm being random.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thing is, if I were to jump to another character, I'd find a way to be random.

The hate I get for it is a mixed feeling.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
His playstyle most certainly is in need of a change and tier does matter. Having played with Ganondorf, I can safely say that he plays terribly in comparison to other players. Being the King of Evil yet being at the bottom of Brawl's tierlist does not represent who Ganondorf is. If Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon again, people are going to hate it even more, they aren't going to just accept Ganondorf being a clone for the rest of the series. Also, if it's possible to change a move, it is possible to change an entire move set.
I think Ganondorf just need to change their natural movements and down special move. With the down special move he could Throw Projectiles from the shadows as he did in Ocarina of Time, and without doubt Ganon does not need the sword, do not need another Ike.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip name hard to read!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy: How likely is it that you think we'll get a second Sonic rep? You seem to be very supportive of Tails inclusion.
Tails's chances may not be that high, but you know how sidekicks go; hero comes first, followed by the sidekick, and then the antagonist.

Anyway, it's not like I'm expecting Tails to join the fray, but he shouldn't be overlooked either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom