• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Well, we mentioned Warp Powder, so I'll pass that by. Here's a nice vid I found which show's off his attacks, note the critical attacks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujChlKHqaZw

In terms of spells, he has the healing ability Imbue and Renewal in PoR. A lot of his actual abilities come from his background and aren't seen in game since he's a General type. Canonically he does have magical abilities given to him by Ashera.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I kind of would like to see Roy brought back in the next Smash. I was disappointed that they replaced him with Ike.
I can see what you mean. Personally, I'd like to see both in the next one, but i'm worried about the melee characters that didn't get into Brawl. Sure, if there was enough demand for some of them then there's a chance, but....

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
wow... over 10.000 posts already. And it's not even one month old. I'd say the most active thread ever needs it's own subforum...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just noticed something. Toad only seems to have a following on this site. On other sites, everyone seems to favor Bowser Jr. or even Waluigi over him.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
First off: Talking about Greasy Juggs doesn't Tomb Raider belong to Square Enix now? So would Lara Croft have any chances ever (not that I want her because after this reboot(s) she isn't the same icon). Plus Legacy of Kain went for Square too? I'd pay (and I'm not the only one) $50 to play as Kain and Raziel in Smash but sadly age ratings make that next to impossible.

Then my main thing. I thought about the Ninja Gaiden stage and came up with another possibility:

The stage is cut into 9 sections and you can move into the ones directly next to you above, below and either side when all but 1 character has been knocked out. Once again include as much misc. dangers on stage as possible (Bats, eagles, wolves, normal ninjas, spec op ninjas, bazooka ninjas, sorcerer ninjas, jetpack ninjas, trapdoors, collapsing tiles, fire arrows and small fires, frozen floors, spike traps, strong changing winds, blackouts, deadly rain, slowing and speeding time...)

1. The roof of Hayabusa Dojo
2. The top floor of hayabusa Dojo (Thin walls that can be broken)
3. Graveyard at the mountains

4. Stairway to the Dojo
5. The indoors of Hayabusa Dojo (Thin walls)
6. Forest

7. Courtyard
8. Danger Room (Infinite explosive barrels at the walls. Would be interesting if there was no way to go out of bounds but only instant KOs)
9. Waterfront

I also thought about putting just iconic NG/DOA places but this is more coherent.

You can see pretty much all those sections in this video I posted earlier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsU3ljle-8U and in part 6 but I also made a small visual aid (thought the stairway picture is all wrong unless we're going for the "iconic place" feel, in which case I'd also put atleast Aquarium, Pancratium and some snow stage there)

Actually it would be kinda neat if there was a snowy version of the stage or atleast some parts of it.

[COLLAPSE="Picture"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I actually like both Toad and Bowser Jr. However I really am not fond of Waluigi...

As for Ninja Gaiden, I think it would be a really neat stage to play in, and i've often had the thought of a stage that can go in different directions. Take Toon Link's Pirate Ship level on Brawl. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a plank on one side of the lvl, and a, what, whirlpool on the other, and if enough people were on 1 side of the screen, the camera would go that way instead of the other, (making the level go into a separate ship, or down to the bottom of the sea in the whirlpool, etc.) and if 2 ppl were on each side, the camera would stay where it is and continue with the ship, so it would avoid the plank and the whirlpool, or something like that.

I just noticed something. Toad only seems to have a following on this site. On other sites, everyone seems to favor Bowser Jr. or even Waluigi over him.
True.

In the Game FAQ, Toad was the most nominated. The other sites that favor Waluigi is being err.... unreasonable. They don't know why Waluigi has no chance. Bowser Jr. sites are either their opinion or they pretty much want him over Toad.

Asides from that whole essay, I'm looking forward on how unique Toad could be. I mean he's has a high potential for such a unique moveset.
I 100% agree that working with the less involved is a plus. The competitive community is fairly barred by a steep learning curve, not to mention that smash brothers has its own unique style of fighting. Many players might feel discouraged with the task of improving their skills because a faceless mercenary is tearing their ACL. Brawl has deviated itself from a rewarding/lucrative online experience for fear that it would turn out this way. Thus, the less active gamers consume Brawl as a party title and the game does less to contribute to neither the social nor the competitive scene.
I'm not mean. You know.

None of my friends in the snake boards are mean.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Plus Legacy of Kain went for Square too? I'd pay (and I'm not the only one) $50 to play as Kain and Raziel in Smash but sadly age ratings make that next to impossible.
THIS!!!

OMG! You are not alone.

I've always like Raziel, I've always played his games since the beginning, I also dreamed that Kain would also be in a game, at a fighting game like Mortal Kombat that is, I wish the original one was remade, it would be SO awesome.

:phone:

Your Utilt is mean.
Not on shield. It's punishable on shield. Reaaally punishable.
THIS!!!

OMG! You are not alone.

I've always like Raziel, I've always played his games since the beginning, I also dreamed that Kain would also be in a game, at a fighting game like Mortal Kombat that is, I wish the original one was remade, it would be SO awesome.

Kain from Final Fantasy II (IV)?

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
Dark Man is good, but Sheep Man is just that, amazing. Music should definitely be in SSB4.
ChronoBound said:
That's exactly why I have been saying and why out of the three major candidates for Mario {Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Toad}, Toad is the least likely. He might be popular here, but here is not GameFAQs/IGN/other forums.

Also, people actually prefer Waluigi on other sites? *facepalm*
ssbowns said:
First off: Talking about Greasy Juggs doesn't Tomb Raider belong to Square Enix now? So would Lara Croft have any chances ever (not that I want her because after this reboot(s) she isn't the same icon). Plus Legacy of Kain went for Square too? I'd pay (and I'm not the only one) $50 to play as Kain and Raziel in Smash but sadly age ratings make that next to impossible.
Yes she does. However, her chances are next to nothing as I have seen very little demand for Laura Croft.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Kain was an amazing FF character. With all the twists and turns and not knowing who's side he was on, it was intense right up to the last battle. Btw, that would actually be a stage I would like to see in SSB4. To put it simply, all characters on stage stand on a moving board of blue clouds, with the sun all the way in the distance. It will be much like the bridge of Eldin stage, in that you can only get KOed by getting hit to the side or above, except that nothing will fall down unlike bridge of eldin. What makes this stage special is that Zeromus(which is the spirit and hatred of Zemus reborn) will occasionally move on stage, and do a move.(I would put pics in but i don't quite know how and i don't think it will let me). Please be aware that any character that hits zeromus himself will suffer small knockback.

Bio: Green sickly bubbles will infest the stage. Any character they hit will start taking damage in increments of 1 or 2% really quickly, which will last for a short period of time.

Flare: Zeromus targets one character on stage(at random, and can be put onto another, like the cannon in the halberd stage in brawl), and, after giving a small amount of time, casts Flare on that spot. Lots of tiny flames appear in that area, and any character that touches the area gets quite a lot of knockback.

Black Hole: A black Hole appears on screen around the centre in the air, and any character that touches it that has any item drops the item. If they are benefiting from a badge they lose the badge. If they are using a special ability at the time they cannot, or if they are before they enter the the black hole, they stop using it as soon as they enter the black hole. Any ranged attacks that enter the hole are reflected back, with a chance of hitting the person who used the ranged move. Pretty much the only thing that can be done in this area is normal melee attacks.

Meteor: This is a rarer move, but extremely destructive. Meteors start falling from the sky. They are smaller than anything like the stars from PK Starstorm, but still do as much damage, and go at an angle, like Ness' PK Starstorm. Some are coloured Yellow and others are coloured orange, with orange putting on 5% more than yellow comets.

Big Bang: This is the most rare and most dreaded move of all. The blue clouds the characters stand on start to move erratically, turn white(these white clouds damage the characters slightly), lightning streaks through the stage(and if it hits a player it causes large knockback), the stage goes backward and forward, making players trip, and at the end of it there is a large white flash, which causes huge knockback if not shielded or avoided via rolling(or any other methods of defence to counter it). After this the stage returns to normal.

After any of these moves, zeromus leaves the screen(for RP purposes he'd apear on the left side of the screen, but for the sake of the stage he should appear on either side).

So...
any thoughts? Oh, and can someone post a pic of the moves for it, and the battle arena+zeromus himself(I'm thinking SNES version, not DS, but....)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's exactly why I have been saying and why out of the three major candidates for Mario {Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Toad}, Toad is the least likely. He might be popular here, but here is not GameFAQs/IGN/other forums.
Although, where it matters, Toad is more preferred in Japan than Bowser Jr. Him and Paper Mario are the top 2.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I feel like if there is any Mario characters that need to be added it's Toad. Compared to other requested characters like Waluigi, Paper Mario, Birdo (oh wait I did that one...), and Daisy it's no contest. Bowser Jr. is getting there with him appearing in many games and being a major villian but personally I don't think he's out ranked Toad.

Sometimes I wonder if people are serious about some of the characters that they talk about. I mean Kain seriously? I mean both of them.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Although, where it matters, Toad is more preferred in Japan than Bowser Jr. Him and Paper Mario are the top 2.
That's cool. How are you getting this info? Is there a site that has general data on that sorta thing?

D

Deleted member

There's also the possibility of us getting polls outside of Japan. Taking into account the rest of the globe, Bowser Jr. is more preferred. It doesn't help that Toad is Peach's B move. Sure they have changed special moves before and it's simple to change it, but I think that if Toad hasn't been made playable by now, he may never be playable as Sakurai may see him as no more then Peach's B move.

OmegaXXII

I wasn't even considering Kain for Smash..:glare:

But yea, as regards to Toad he sadly has most of the attention in Japan, don't get me wrong I like Toad and I'm not arguing his inclusion whatsover, it's just that Bowser Jr. would definetly make a good antagonist character as well, I mean he has the potential to have a Shadow Mario moveset.

dengel

Smash Cadet
Excellent. I used to think Paper Mario and Toad didn't have much of a chance for SSB4. Though I feel like Bowser Jr. would belong better in a Smash Bros game.

OmegaXXII

Excellent. I used to think Paper Mario and Toad didn't have much of a chance for SSB4. Though I feel like Bowser Jr. would belong better in a Smash Bros game.
Agreed, but it's sad to say that Toad might be the most considered according to the Japenese.

@Starphoenix: I am also curious as to where you found out this statistical information for Toad..

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Agreed. I think Toad is neat but all the movesets I've seen are really stretching it for me and he is already a B move for Peach. Paper Mario would be cool but I don't really like the idea of having versions of the same character (Toon Link is a different guy than regular Link). Bowser Jr. would probaby be the coolest but im not exactly sure what he would do since its been so long since Sunshine. Regardless, since Geno isnt the most likely, I'm indifferent as far as Mario reps. That's why it's so hard to make a roster because all of them are pretty much on the same tier for me.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really think there is already plenty of Mario characters represented. I would rather see some new series like Punch-Out and Golden Sun added in. Or series like F-Zero getting more reps (Samurai Goroh for example).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I support Toad's inclusion primarily because of Wario's Woods, which is my favorite puzzle game of all time. Its such an overlooked game. I love playing it even to this day (and I am probably one of the few that played the Super Nintendo version first, instead of getting the game through the GCN Animal Crossing).

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I support Toad's inclusion primarily because of Wario's Woods, which is my favorite puzzle game of all time. Its such an overlooked game. I love playing it even to this day (and I am probably one of the few that played the Super Nintendo version first, instead of getting the game through the GCN Animal Crossing).
I didn't know you could get it in Animal Crossing. I've only played it using an NES Emulator.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's cool. How are you getting this info? Is there a site that has general data on that sorta thing?

Trust me, he is. And most people don't want another Mario character over all, so that point kind of supercedes our discussion of Mario characters.

OmegaXXII

Some of this stuff doesn't make sense concerning Megaman:

As someone going into the game industry I can tell you the problem with that is: "Who the hell is Cecil?"

Look at Sonic & Snake. Sonic is the 2nd most known video game character of all and if you own a home console, you've probably seen Snake around and at least know something about him.

Obscure characters like Cecil who appear in one game of a giant series with a new protagonist in each game has absolutely no shot of being in Smash. There may be a bunch of remakes of his game, but it's still just one game.

Sora is the only character Square has that has that universal appeal that Snake has cause he's in the exact same boat as Snake; if you own a recent game console, you probably know who he is. But even he faces competition from Moogle & White Mage who have guest-starred in TWO MARIO games. But they suffer from what I call "Store-front Mediocrity." If you remember the box art for Brawl, on the back, taking up a huge chunk of it was "Solid Snake & Sonic the Hedgehog join the Brawl!" "Moogle joins the Brawl" doesn't sound as appealing as "Sora joins the Brawl!" or "Ryu joins the Brawl!" or "Rayman joins the Brawl!" That's what they're really looking for. They're not handing out character slots for Geno. They're not handing out character slots for Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. They're looking for big names. For every 3rd Party developer they partner with, Sakurai has to pay them to use their character. They want characters that will make people buy the game JUST for that character.

It's just smart money. Like take this for example:
When Sega got the rights to make games for the Olympics, they thought "Hmmm. A good Olympics came might sell well...but if we make it Sonic & the Olympics, that would sell a whole lot better." Then came "But wait! What if we get Nintendo in on this and make it Mario & Sonic at the Olympics?! That would sell EXTREMELY well!"

Companies have to bite the bullet and siphon-off some of their income to others, hoping that with those big names combined, fans of each series will want to own those games. The name has to be big enough to make a profit off the deal, which is the main problem.

That's why Smash 4 will have 4 3rd Party character slots at the very most. It would just be bad business to have 4 out-side publishers siphoning off your money with only 2 or 3 of them actually helping the income. Unless the extra characters are from existing deals like Tails or Raiden, Sakurai would be stupid to add 3rd party characters just to appease Smash fans with a bigger 3rd party roster.

And speaking of the 3rd Party roster, using the logic I stated earlier, I can tell you a couple 3rd party characters almost guaranteed to be playable in Smash 4.

Sonic - Absolute shoe-in for Smash 4. Gaming's second banana. Second only to the king himself; Mario. (If you exclude Pikachu) It is an absolute no-brainer. He'll have a spot in the game's programming before they even finish the Nintendo roster. He brings in cash just like slapping the Mario or Pokemon brand on something. Guaranteed. Money. Guaranteed in the game. No sweat off Sega's back. No sweat off Nintendo's. Profit all-around.

Ryu - Again, an absolute shoe-in. If they add ANY other 3rd party character is has to be Ryu. When you think fighting games, you think Street Fighter first. Ryu is a big name which comes packaged with big bucks. In fact, he's arguably gaming's number 4 guy right behind Mario, Sonic, & Pikachu. Capcom has no reason not to lend them Ryu for Smash 4. It's free money for Capcom. Absolutely free money. All they have to do is check on the project and make sure Sakurai doesn't tarnish Ryu's good name by making him goofy or out-of-character. The ONLY way that Ryu wouldn't be added into Smash 4 is if Smash 4 directly interferes with the sales figures of a big Capcom game coming out just after Smash 4. But even then they should make that money back and more off Smash 4 so, again, no skin off Capcom's back. No skin off Nintendo's back. Profit all-around.

*Regarding Mega Man: Mega Man's a big name, it has to be said. But Mega Man isn't Capcom's show-pony anymore. Ryu is their mascot. Their Mario. Their time-less character that hasn't really changed since he became popular. Mega Man's appearance has constantly changed to the point that he's almost entirely unrecognizable as Mega Man. The most recent games being the best example of that: http://images.wikia.com/nintendo/en/images/1/11/Mega_Man_Star_Force_Dragon.jpg If Capcom gives Sakurai some sort of package deal and gives him both Ryu & Mega Man, that's fantastic, but Ryu is the bigger character & the bigger money-maker.*

Snake
- Stepping away from finance for a minute, Snake pretty much leaves as an old man to go die in peace at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4. The question is; does Konami treat Snake like Ganondorf in Brawl and bring him back for "one last mission", do they move on to a new property, or do they pull-out of Smash all-together. The 3rd option is unlikely, but not out of the question. Snake is one of those decently famous characters. In the same league as Rayman or Bomberman. (Who is actually owned by Konami as they bought Hudson Soft.) While his games are of much better quality than their's, it's Snake himself is the big deciding factor. Would Snake make a profit for Nintendo and if not Snake, then who? Keep in mind if Nintendo makes a dollar more than they gambled originally, adding Snake would be considered a success. It's a complete judgment call on price vs profit for Nintendo & Sakurai's people. Konami has nothing to lose from the transaction at all, but it does however risk Nintendo & Sakurai's money.

Sora - ...*sighs* Square Enix, I am so disappointed. Final Fantasy's recurring characters are Moogles and Dragon Quest's recurring characters are Slimes with little else in-between. Sora is the only character of any merit that constantly returns in his own series. While, yes, he will sell copies of Brawl, I don't honestly expect him to even be consider because, whoops, he's partly owned by Disney. (the money Devil) Sad for you, Square. Sad for you.

But there you have it. Those 3 are just about the only 3rd Party deals worth taking aside from maybe Ubisoft with Rayman. Sonic & Ryu are free money and Snake is iffy. If Sega, Capcom, or Konami wants to throw an extra character like Tails, Mega Man, or Bomberman, respectively, at Sakurai and he bites, that's fantastic! More characters for us! But that's the only way I'd see more than 3 3rd party characters in Smash 4.

Sorry to crush your 3rd Party dreams, guys, but that's just how the gaming industry works. Money. Money. Money.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to think about it, that guy has a point.
First off, Megaman isn't just a popular character, but he's one of the most iconic character that Capcom has in general, sure Ryu may be popular, but ask yourself; are his ties closer to Nintendo's than they are with Megaman?If you ask me Megaman has the most history with Nintendo, considering he's had a bunch of titles on that started NES and Super NES, he definetly has more going for him with Nintendo than you can say about Ryu, Ryu has mostly been focused as with Sony as of late, not to much going on for Nintendo.
First of all, Ryu is not focused mainly on Sony. SF games come out on other platforms as well. Remember about SSFIV3D anyway.
And in fact how much a character is linked with Nintendo is an overrated factor. Snake being the best example. Of course, he had a few games on Nintendo platforms, but when you think about Snake, what platform do you think about?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

First of all, Ryu is not focused mainly on Sony. SF games come out on other platforms as well. Remember about SFIV3D anyway.
And in fact no-one cares how much a character is linked with Nintendo. Snake being the best example.
Problem is most fans are not asking for Ryu, they are asking for Megaman. To add Ryu in would be a slap to the face of every fan. They could add Ryu in addition to Megaman, but not before him. Ryu doesn't a 353 visitor response thread over on Capcom's own forum. No one is asking for him, fans want Megaman. He will bring in just as much money as either third party characters will. The only one who is worth every penny is Sonic the Hedgehog.

I understand where he is coming from, but there is something to be said about fan demand too.

D

Deleted member

Trust me, he is. And most people don't want another Mario character over all, so that point kind of supercedes our discussion of Mario characters.
I was not aware that the majority were against Mario getting a five rep. This is Nintendo's biggest series, it deserves at least five reps.
Jaklub said:
First of all, Ryu is not focused mainly on Sony. SF games come out on other platforms as well. Remember about SSFIV3D anyway.
And in fact how much a character is linked with Nintendo is an overrated factor. Snake being the best example. Of course, he had a few games on Nintendo platforms, but when you think about Snake, what platform do you think about?
To add on to what Starphoenix said, back in Brawl, the series was new to third-party characters and no one ever expected Snake to get in. Snake got in because Kojima practically begged Snake to get him in Melee and then Brawl. Sonic got in due to purely popularity.

Now that third-party characters looks incredibly likely to stay, Nintendo will choose their third-party characters very carefully. They will have to consider many factors: popularity, demands for SSB4 appearance, importance to video game industry (Most importantly Nintendo), and relevance. Mega Man fits all four perfectly and as such, is the only likely third-party newcomer and the only one I am sure will not alienate a lot of the fan base.

Oh and there's also the fact that Capcom-Unity contacted Capcom of Japan to contact Sakurai to get Mega Man in. Capcom isn't just standing around doing nothing, they are listening to their fans.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I was not aware that the majority were against Mario getting a five rep. This is Nintendo's biggest series, it deserves at least five reps.
I would not say that most are against a Mario newcomer, but rather there is no consensus on who the Mario newcomer should be. Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Waluigi, and Geno all have sizable amounts of people requesting them. Heck, even characters like Rosalina and Fawful have quite a few requests too. I guess having so many popularly requested characters it to be expect considering Mario is Nintendo's biggest series. Really the only two that stick out in popularity are Toad and Bowser Jr. However, I personally think the three main contenders for a possible Mario newcomer slot are Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario all for different reasons.

I think it will basically come down to whoever Sakurai's team will think will be the most unique (or easiest to implement) Mario newcomer character.

OmegaXXII

Did you read the rest of it? It talked about fan demand, people want Megaman over Ryu regardless if Ryu is the more iconic character for Capcom, it's fan demand that's ultimetly going to influence his inclusion, as Star mentioned, it would be an outrage to not include Megaman but to add Ryu instead, plus Megaman was on Sakurai's poll so Sakurai at least has an idea of how demanded he is.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I might expand this into an essay in the future. However, I would just like to share some brief ideas on the prospects of certain third-party characters.

As I see it, the only third-party newcomer that has a 50%+ chance of getting in is Mega Man. As a matter of fact, I feel Mega Man is actually likely. He is the only third-party character that has both fan AND developer interest in regards to appearing in Smash 4. The character is practically synonymous with Nintendo (with many people even believing Mega Man to be a Nintendo property).

As to other third-party characters I see suggested, they all have varying issues.

Ryu Hayabusa appears to benefit from the close relationship that Tecmo is having with Nintendo. Nintendo has published Tecmo's Fatal Frame games, while Tecmo has been a strong supporter of the Virtual Console and developed Metroid Other M. As to Ninja Gaiden proper, there were three games on the NES, and the DS got an exclusive Ninja Gaiden. The Wii U is getting Ninja Gaiden 3. What better way to promote this game than to have the main hero of Ninja Gaiden placed in one of Nintendo's most popular franchises? Also, Ryu Hayabusa benefits from also hailing from a fighting series (Dead or Alive). However, Ryu Hayabusa runs into two major problems. One is that violence is a major aspect of his series, a very major part, so Sakurai might deem him inappropriate to be in Smash Bros. Secondly, Ryu Hayabusa has hardly any requests among Smash Bros. fans, so Tecmo would pretty much have to get the idea of including Ryu Hayabusa by themselves.

Travis Touchdown may have developer interest (Suda 51 is interested in him being in Smash Bros.), however, he is a pretty obscure third-party character (more obscure than even the heroes of minor Nintendo series such as Little Mac and Isaac).Also, a large aspect to Travis Touchdown is his profanity and violence (Sakurai has said that a guest must also be someone who would be able to fit in with Nintendo's other properties within Smash Bros.). Also, in the same breath that Suda 51 mentioned his interest in seeing Travis Touchdown in Smash Bros. he said that he "hoped that Travis Touchdown would become big enough to be in Smash Bros.". As the sales of the series currently stand, I think he is far from "big".

Simon Belmont (and the Castlevania series in general) may have a lot of history with Nintendo, however, he seems in general to be a third-party retro character. Not to mention the Castlevania series has not been a big seller for Konami for more than a decade. There is also the aspect that he has few requests among Smash fandom, and what Sakurai's feelings are on allowing more than one guest character per company.

Ryu of Street Fighter is perhaps the the most famous (and popular) character to have originated from a fighting series. He would also pretty much have the most "star power" of any third-party character outside of Mega Man. Ryu himself has also been in countless crossovers, so he would not be out of place within Smash Bros. However, Ryu runs into several problems. One is that another fellow Capcom character, Mega Man, is far more requested than he is. Its for this reason alone that Mega Man will get in over him. Also, even if there was developer interest for Ryu, we do not know what Sakurai's feeling are on allowing more than one guest per company.

Please tell me your thoughts based on the ideas that I have presented.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Nintendo has already tons of Reps if you count the spin off characters.

Main Series
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach

Spin off
Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong

The only reason I support Toad is because if there is any Mario Reps that needs to be added it's him.

reserk

Smash Cadet
ugh here we go again with toad. i rather have bowser jr instead of him. toad is just a stand off character in the mario games, he never really had an important role to begin with. bowser jr on the other had more prominent roles as a villian so he's more likely to get in. that or paper mario, or geno, whatever the fans demand.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Did you read the rest of it? It talked about fan demand, people want Megaman over Ryu regardless if Ryu is the more iconic character for Capcom, it's fan demand that's ultimetly going to influence his inclusion, as Star mentioned, it would be an outrage to not include Megaman but to add Ryu instead, plus Megaman was on Sakurai's poll so Sakurai at least has an idea of how demanded he is.
I have to say I quoted your post from 3DS thread only because you linked Ryu with Sony (which is incorrect) and replied here because you quoted BlazingKatakiri in "lol no" fashion.

OmegaXXII

ugh here we go again with toad. i rather have bowser jr instead of him. toad is just a stand off character in the mario games, he never really had an important role to begin with. bowser jr on the other had more prominent roles as a villian so he's more likely to get in. that or paper mario, or geno, whatever the fans demand.
I disagree somewhat, sure Toad may not be as prominient as Bowser Jr. Or Paper Mario but you have to consider his popularity has well as his demand, if Sakurai were to look at Japan polls and Toad was more popular than Bowser Jr. I doubt he wouldn't at least consider him to be a playable character, also have you've even played Wario Woods? If you did you would know that he played a major role as the main character in that game so that is pretty much irrelevant.

As far as Geno is concerned, he isn't as demanded as he once was during the Brawl hype, plus Toad is popular and greatly demanded by fans so if anything, Toad definetly has better chances than Geno has going for him, it's the sad truth.

I have to say I quoted your post from 3DS thread only because you linked Ryu with Sony (which is incorrect) and replied here because you quoted BlazingKatakiri in "lol no" fashion.
I only linked Ryu to Sony because he's had most of his fighting game appearances on the console, not to mention XBox as well, of corse with some exclusions like SFIV 3DS and Tatsunko vs. Capcom, other than those two most other fighters he appears in are mainly on those consoles.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
People ACTUALLY want Ryu from Street Fighter to be in Smash? I must be on crazy pills. Isn't he like the lamest character to ever be in a fighting game? I can't think of anyone lamer atm. He is so basic and generic I can't fathom why people want him other than the desire to scream "SHORYUKENLOLOLOLOLOLOLIMFUNNY!" While they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom