• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Smash is a fighting story. It is not a "friendly" environment. It's a battle environment with enemies and destruction. It is not a cutesy game. I can't believe people actually think it's even close to that. It doesn't have all that "blood" and "gore". It's a major game of destroying your opponents in various ways.

It should have a very serious story by default.

Johnknight1, I think what you're misunderstanding about Smash is that everyone is primed and ready to fight by default. It is not "just friends". Nobody is "just friends" in the game and ever will be. Yes, there are friendly battles, but it's still a fighting game and its prime and is what makes Smash, well, Smash.

None of those ideas work outside of a good excuse to bring them in. Especially since they are not the real versions in the official Smash Canon. They are toys who were created to fight. However, they do have a semblance of their original personality.

Now that I think about it, I actually really am happy with how the SSE turned out. It was a true Nintendo collaboration that threw the characters straight into a neutral world where they can go on an adventure together.

SSE is a Story Mode, not a simple Adventure Mode. They're completely different here.

Yes, a regular Adventure Mode would be great, but the original one wasn't a story, it was just a simple string of events and had no real story at all. Just a guy who travels through some worlds to fight a supervillain.

SSE is nothing like Adventure Mode. Its purpose was to literally be Sakurai's own fanfiction and should be treated as such. Not a literal canon Nintendo story, but a glorious original story that takes the basic structure of the characters themselves and turn them into something awesome.

Really, the "basic courses" wasn't a bad thing either. I liked that it wasn't just a remake of Melee's Adventure Mode. The enemies part makes sense when you realize it was a true fanfiction all along anyway. I mean, I'm sorry, but since when would two Links ever exist in a regular Story. It would not make sense. It's also why Toon Link isn't part of the story. But he could've been, and due to being a non-canon(of any particular series but Smash) fanfiction, it wouldn't have a big deal. No time paradoxes, etc.(btw, there couldn't be since they both were from the same timeline, just different dimensions, practically)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
are pokemon getting uglier or is it just me?

i missed it when things were based off of one or two animals.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm glad those three are getting new designs, I hated the originals. From what I can see so far, mostly of just Tornadus, these are... strange, but not terrible. I hope there is a little more diversity in their designs this time around.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'm glad those three are getting new designs, I hated the originals. From what I can see so far, mostly of just Tornadus, these are... strange, but not terrible. I hope there is a little more diversity in their designs this time around.
Seeing how they were the most shameless and jarring examples of unabashed palette swapping in Pokemon history, it's easy to see how GameFreak might be embarassed and was forced to update them. I mean, they're legendaries. That's inexcusable.

As far as what Peach said about adding Dixie on to Diddy, I agree that the banana should be replaced with a better move that is less annoying so Diddy can be rebalanced to have decent killing power. HOWEVER, Dixie should not be tacked on. Diddy is already his own unique character that deserves to be in Smash alone. Unfortunately for Dixie, I believe that her only chance was riding on Diddy's importance. Now that that chain has been severed, I think she'll just be left out again, seeing how Diddy is already established and K. Rool is LEAGUES more deserving as a newcomer.

And yes, Augusto. Pokemon ARE getting uglier. Although overall, I think their design philosophy has certainly improved since the atrocious 4th gen Pokemon.

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
lordvaati said:
I'm guessing he was trying to poach developers for SSB4 when he was caught. :laugh:

@Hoots
Yeah, I wasn't a fan when I saw the first genie-kami thing, then when I saw basically the same thing two more times I was pretty upset. It just felt like laziness, and it's not like they were short on legendaries anyway.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakura's comment about possibly not getting caught if he had a box in his inventory shows that he still has Snake on his mind.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The newest DLC for FE13 has been revealed. Looks like the latest lord to become DLC is Ephraim from FE8.

The artist who did Ephraim's re-design is the same artist who did Hasha no Tsurigi, the official FE6 manga.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pretty awesome looking, so far I'm liking all the new designs (well Micaiahs still scares me :laugh:)
Ephraim honestly wasn't my prediction for next lord.

I really hope we get some info on FE13 localization at E3. Although I would import it and struggle my way through if I had to.

I'd also really like to see what Ike ends up looking like.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Elincia, I've always liked her. And she has a cool redesign.

Has Lyn or Caeda been revamped yet?

@Micaiah, well, at least Micaiah has gotten a revamp :D

She's always interested me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think so far it's only been Marth, Roy, Leaf, Micaiah, Alm, Elincia and Ephraim. Am I missing anybody?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
The newest DLC for FE13 has been revealed. Looks like the latest lord to become DLC is Ephraim from FE8.

[COLLAPSE="big honkin' pic"]
[/COLLAPSE]

The artist who did Ephraim's re-design is the same artist who did Hasha no Tsurigi, the official FE6 manga.
ive always been jealous of people who have the patience to put that kind of detail into their drawings. i wanted to sketch out a few smash bro hopefuls just to get a feel for their designs, but i got to shulk and holy moses.

@pokemon: it may be too early to tell, but i think i'm gonna like these new forms. tornadus is clearly a bird, thundurus looks almost dragon-like (could be wishful thinking), and landorus... no clue. with those ears and his ground-typing, maybe... gopher?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ahh, that settles it. Ephiraim confirmed for SSB4. His game was one of the Ambassador 3DS games. So, he is more relevant than most of the DLC lords in Fire Emblem 13. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ahh, that settles it. Ephiraim confirmed for SSB4. His game was one of the Ambassador 3DS games. So, he is more relevant than most of the DLC lords in Fire Emblem 13. :awesome:

Seriously.

I'm glad someone else has been thinking this.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
About a few days ago, I guessed that Moss Head (Ephraim) would be confirmed as DLC next. After seeing the news, it turns out that I was right. O.O

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Marth, Krom, and Ephraim for SSB4. Yeah, I can live with that. Objectively speaking, they kinda makes sense when you take in account the whole relevancy factor. Subjectively, it is bad because of nostalgia and the whole "no cuts" policy most Smash fans seem to adopt. Which is why fans just want Marth, Roy, and Ike, with or without Krom.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
the newest dlc for fe13 has been revealed. Looks like the latest lord to become dlc is ephraim from fe8.

the artist who did ephraim's re-design is the same artist who did hasha no tsurigi, the official fe6 manga.
Yes, EPHRAIM!!!! I wanted him so badly to be in Brawl. Maybe...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You don't need to turn items on. They start on. You need to turn them off to play the twisted tournament version, though.
"Twisted?"

I fail to see how "twisted" a player-conceived tournament style is when the option to make it that way is built into the game (item switch, stage switch, tournament mode, et cetera).

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

If Ridley were not to be playable, I honestly wouldn't care. He looks cool, but I'm not particularly interested in how he plays.

@Starphoenix: Any chance I can put all the characters on my signature into an image itself so that I don't have to type up so much to make it pop up?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: Any chance I can put all the characters on my signature into an image itself so that I don't have to type up so much to make it pop up?
Sure? I don't see why not.

Also, about this whole visit of Sakurai's to Platinum Games. The only rational way I can see his visit having anything to do with Super Smash Bros is on the off hand chance that he is trying to find a studio or staff to assist him in development, like how Game Arts assisted Sakurai with Brawl. Otherwise it is probably (and most likely) just a friendly visit.

Or Platinum Games is working on a game for Nintendo. There is always that possibility too.

Or maybe Raiden is going to be in the next Super Smash Bros? Just for the lulz.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I mainly asked because I'm trying to find a way to keep the GIFs inside the image.

@KumaOso: Star Fox Wii-U would be so awesome, although Platinum Games is currently not developing that. Platinum Games and Retro are the only studios I want to see make the next game.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
anarchy reigns isn't a 3D smash unless there is sumo going on... y'know... the off the screen death being the only way to kill?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@KumaOso: Star Fox Wii-U would be so awesome, although Platinum Games is currently not developing that. Platinum Games and Retro are the only studios I want to see make the next game.
There's a small possibility that when Kamiya was asked that, he might have been playing dumb. Same thing with Ono. For all we know, we might get Starfox Wii U AND Darkstalkers 4 revealed at E3. That would definitely make my day.

D

Deleted member

What would make my day is an E3 2012 reveal of Star Fox Wii-U, F-zero Wii-U, Custom Robo Wii-U, and a Smash 4 reveal featuring King K. Rool, Krystal, Saki Amamiya, Takamaru, and Mega Man as newcomers.

vicgur

Smash Ace
anarchy reigns isn't a 3D smash unless there is sumo going on... y'know... the off the screen death being the only way to kill?
Of course it's not.
The only things it really has in common with Smash Bros. is that it's a fighting game and that it's an "All Star" kind of game.

But if a Smash Bros. was to have 3D gameplay, it would have to change a little, wouldn't it?

If Ridley were not to be playable, I honestly wouldn't care. He looks cool, but I'm not particularly interested in how he plays.

If Ridley won't be playable, I'd be more shocked than disappointed but I easily shrug things off anyway.
Or maybe Raiden is going to be in the next Super Smash Bros? Just for the lulz.
MGS 2 Raiden for Sm4sh :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You don't need to turn items on. They start on. You need to turn them off to play the twisted tournament version, though.
No, the tournament version that is less about luck.

You know, the one that takes out less random elements and depends on skill?

It doesn't matter what it "starts with", because, guess what? That doesn't make it a good choice for competitive tourneys, which rarely are "what you get out of the box". Bans and other such stuff as perfectly normal and are treated as such.

Also, this presumes MK would be tolerable with items. He's fast and can grab them pretty easily. So... nope. It doesn't automatically even out.

Also, you want "what it starts with"? Well, there is no Stock. Every tourney standard for Smash, that is, the non-casual ones are played with Stock. Box Standards are not a good thing to always base your tourneys upon. What is GOOD is finding a solution that works for people. Items weren't it. If they were, you'd think they'd be the a notable standard in the majority of Smash tourneys. They never were, btw. There is no way to put on all items. Maybe some, sure. I agree. But it just makes the fast characters better and further unbalances the game. So I have no reason to believe it's a "good" idea whatsoever.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Technically there is 3 ganondorfs. BUT they all started as the same person

3 alternate dimensions
Well yes, if you want to get technical. But even then, it's the same being, just existing on 3 seperate realities.
It still makes you wonder how Ganondorf is able to alter his human form. His OoT form has a bigger nose than his TP form.

Landorus, Tornadus, and Thundurus have new forms... o.O
Leave it to Game Freak to get my mind into thinking about what to do with the Kami trio. At first I was thinking Poke Ball summons, but the new forms sure added a new twist for my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom