• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is it just me, or did anyone notice how some of the stages in Brawl copied assets and models directly from Gamecube titles? I cannot say I am really surprised since hackers have been able to do it, but I can count about 6-7 that took something from a game that came out in the interim between Melee and Brawl. The most obvious case is Port Town: Aero Dive; the stage looks EXACTLY like the self-titled track from F-Zero GX. I wonder if these stages are easier to implement than ones where developers are required to start from scratch?

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Given that most of the stages come from Gamecube/GBA/DS games, I'm not surprised. I would expect a similar thing with Wii/3DS games.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: Given that most of the stages come from Gamecube/GBA/DS games, I'm not surprised. I would expect a similar thing with Wii/3DS games.
Well, DS assets are probably a little more complicated since I would think models would be in such a geometrically lower state that they would need to be adjusted to work with the Wii. The Gamecube game stages look like they came directly from their respective games. It really makes me curious how the negotiation process with each subsidiary within Nintendo works. Secondly it also makes me think about what Wii games would be the likeliest candidates to receive "port" stages? Or just stages in general.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Good old Meowth Boss Fantasy, bring back old memories ^^
Which pokemon do you want to see fighting along Meowth in your Team Rocket idea ?
:052: and :024: team AND :052: and :110: team

Switch between Arbok and Weezing with Down B. Meowth provides the A moves since Arbok and Weezing lack limbs.

Meowth & Arbok
B - Poison Sting (the snake shoots needles at a rapid fire speed like Ivysaur's Bullet Seed move as long as you hold down the B button)
Side B - Glare (the face on Arbok's body glows and stuns the opponent for a second... decent range like Falco's Down B move in Brawl)
Up B - Wrap (the snake leaps upwards like Rattly the Rattlesnake did in Donkey Kong Country 2 and then it wraps its body around the enemy and squeezes them)

Meowth & Weezing
B - Smog (Weezing floats in place and emits poisonous gases that damage nearby enemies as long as you hold down the B button, it is based on what Weezing did in Melee)
Side B - Poison Gas (Meowth runs with Weezing trailing behind while emitting poisonous gases like the Smoke Ball item... enemies who walk through the smoke gets damaged as long as they are there... it is kinda like Luigi's Final Smash)
Up B - Sludge (not a recovery move, Weezing spits a glob of sludge and you control its trajectory with the control stick like you do with Yoshi's Egg Throw move)

Also, when Meowth is teamed up with Weezing, they can float like Kirby and Jigglypuff because Meowth would be riding on top of Weezing every time they double jump or more. So, basically switching between the Poison-types would give Meowth two different playstyles to work with.

Final Smash? Meowth's Pay Day like in Brawl.

If Meowth loses Arbok and Weezing, he cannot summon them back until he is KO'd. So, when he is alone, he starts using his own specials. When Meowth is desperate, he fights back.

B - Amulet Coin (Meowth simply throws a coin)
Side B - Fury Swipes (Meowth scratches enemies in combos... kinda like Marth and Roy's Dancing Sword moves)
Up B - Faint Attack (Meowth turns invisible and scratches upward)
Down B - Payback (Meowth scatters coins to counterattack when he is attacked)

Final Smash is still the same, though.

That's my dream.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
They're both owned by Namco though, right?

I still think Tamagotchi in Mario Kart takes the weird cameo cake. Although there's probably something I don't know about or have forgotten that's even weirder. In fact, I'm sure of it.
Wario vs. Bomberman is another weird Cameo

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Nintendo and Namco were in some sort of partnership as the developers of the arcade machine's hardware. That's where Pac-Man in Mario Kart came from.

Should have been Etemon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Nintendo and Namco were in some sort of partnership as the developers of the arcade machine's hardware. That's where Pac-Man in Mario Kart came from.

Should have been Etemon.
Except Etemon is not Miyamoto's favorite character. I think this Namco/Nintendo/Sega Triforce arcade thing was probably Miyamoto's idea.... remember F-Zero AX? This and Mario Kart GP were probably the result of this partnership.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Gosh, every time Pac-Man is mentioned it makes me want some pizza...

I wonder if it was any coincidence that he was in like every pizza place. Freaking pepperoniless cheese pizza missing a slice.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I thought that was a lame Kid Icarus joke at first, until I googled it...

Oooh... I should get some Parmesan cheese to go with my pizza...

HOW IS THIS MAKING ME HUNGRY WHEN I'M ALREADY EATING AS I TYPE.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, no... no joke. Eggplant pizza is real. And so is tempura pizza. :awesome:

And this pizza talk is making me hungry, too. I ought to get out and get some.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I shouldn't be effected by this Pac-Man talk. At my Pizza Hut, I was a Galaga man myself...

I think I also only at breadsticks at that time too. I was a weird kid.

Oh yeah, I'll eat some cake instead.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I shouldn't be effected by this Pac-Man talk. At my Pizza Hut, I was a Galaga man myself...

I think I also only at breadsticks at that time too. I was a weird kid.

Oh yeah, I'll eat some cake instead.
I was more into The Simpsons Arcade Game myself. ;) It was one of the games that defined my childhood.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Personally, again, I want all the content from Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl back. By this I mean items, Pokéball Pokémon (including the Saffron City Pokémon now as Pokéball Pokémon... hopefully!!!), Assist Trophy characters, trophies, and stickers. Seriously, how hard is it to transfer trophies and stickers from Melee/Brawl or from other games=??? :shades:
I love the idea of Qwilfish as a sort of toxic mace, Opossum.
Out of those pokemon, I think Chandelure is the most likely to show up in SSB4, mostly because of the serious popularity he's gained. All good ideas though. I love Whimsicott, I hope he shows up in some form.
I agree with all of this. Qwilfish would be an excellent Pokéball Pokémon. Another great Pokéball Pokémon? Tyranituar! He could summon a sandstorm, and destroy everything! :awesome:
Is it just me, or did anyone notice how some of the stages in Brawl copied assets and models directly from Gamecube titles? I cannot say I am really surprised since hackers have been able to do it, but I can count about 6-7 that took something from a game that came out in the interim between Melee and Brawl. The most obvious case is Port Town: Aero Dive; the stage looks EXACTLY like the self-titled track from F-Zero GX. I wonder if these stages are easier to implement than ones where developers are required to start from scratch?
It looks like they got the design and graphic models, and then upgraded it. The same was true for Delfino Plaza. It looked the same, except better detailed lighting and graphics. :cool:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I want all the content and characters back. Plus, some of the Assist Trophies and exactly one Pokemon(Deoxys, assuming Plusle & Minun don't become playable, otherwise, them) to be playable.

I'd like every stage back. Yes, Saffron City too. And Poke Floats.

I hope they don't return another Stadium for the Pokemon Past stage. And instead one of the new stages is Pokemon Coliseum.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Psst, Saffron City and Poké Floats are awesome!

If it was up to me, everything from Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl (minus dumb glitches, frame rate issues, stupid tripping, balancing issues, the Great Maze, etc) would come back.

Also, Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Coliseum are minimally different. It's just a name change. Still, an arena that looked more like a (outdoor) Coliseum (perhaps from atop a mountain in Unova overlooking the region=???) would be preferred to another stadium with huge walls all around. Seriously, I want some scenery bros!
Happy Birthday, Johnknight1.
Have a Waluigi. :)
Thanks bro.
Have a Wah-Wah-WARIO!!! :wariobrawl:
Also, it is not my birthday. It is my "cut out of the womb prematurely because my mother's umbilical cord was chocking me to death" 21st anniversary day! :awesome:

By the way, even though I was cut out over a month prematurely, I still weighed over 8 pounds, because I am one fat bad dude! :shades:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well I forget my height, but I was pretty tall, too. I've always been kinda tall. Like Weegee. :shades:

By the way, Zebstrika is one of my personal favorite Generation 5 Pokémon. That awesome electric Zebra Pokémon would make a KILLER Pokéball Pokémon.

Also, Magicarp would make a great Pokéball Pokémon. If it takes 10% damage, it gets mad, evolves into Gyarados, and goes after whoever did damage to it (whether 1 person or more; the person who summoned it can't hurt it) with Rage and/or Thrash for a while. That would be pretty cool.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I was seven pounds exactly. :cool: I am a lucky baby.

Then again, I had one of those breathing issues as a baby and would constantly stop breathing, alerting the machine I was hooked up to, and had to be shaken throughout each day to stay alive so I'd wake up. More like lucky to be alive. :awesome:

And am I the only one who liked the Poke Floats stage? Hell, I wish all of the Melee and 64 stages made it in with the Brawl stages. Naw, that's not asking for too much.

Haha what a funny dude. XD I find this a bit interesting, though not something I want to look too much into.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was actually born dead. The doctor was gonna spank me, but I burped, which is a sign of life. :cool:

Poké Floats was awesome. Seriously, at Melee tournaments that is ALWAYS amongst everyone's favorite banned stages. It rocks!!!

@ lordvatti
Good find. That is the company making Metal Gear Rising: Vengeance. Raiden confirmed in some capacity=??? :smirk:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wario rules too. :awesome:

Yeah. I don't mind the Great Maze, to be fair. But I can concur that it doesn't need to reappear.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The SSE is so much better and original without it. Perhaps I would have bothered to finish the SSE a 2nd time if it wasn't in Brawl.

Plus seriously, all that time and effort could have been put in something else. Like removing TRIPPING or making Meta Knight not arguably ban-worthy! :glare:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I was actually born dead. The doctor was gonna spank me, but I burped, which is a sign of life. :cool:
Glad to have you with us. Interesting you started out burping, I think its the norm that we cry first thing. It always comes back to you being a freak of nature..

Poké Floats was awesome. Seriously, at Melee tournaments that is ALWAYS amongst everyone's favorite banned stages. It rocks!!!
Ah! This is seriously wanting me to go pop in my Melee in my old Wii, but I know those two are so old it will only end in disappointment. :urg:

@ lordvatti
Good find. That is the company making Metal Gear Rising: Vengeance. Raiden confirmed in some capacity=??? :smirk:
[COLLAPSE="Actually it confirms..."]

Uh oh, Zamus has competition. :awesome:[/COLLAPSE]

Oh, and I remember the Maze... I still hold the memory of doing that in my goldfish mind.. I was forced to stay up till like 3 in the morning because I got too far to stop at the Great Maze, and every so often I kept thinking I was going to be done soon but for some reason it was just taking forever. .___.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The SSE is so much better and original without it. Perhaps I would have bothered to finish the SSE a 2nd time if it wasn't in Brawl.
Actually, the fact that I could refresh and change my characters whenever I wanted to is what made me like it a bit.

Plus seriously, all that time and effort could have been put in something else. Like removing TRIPPING or making Meta Knight not arguably ban-worthy! :glare:
...Yeah, I don't think it would've done a thing to that. But we would've had the entire list of characters, and more stuff.

Pretty sure Tripping was intended, same with MK being beyond good. This is Sakurai here. To note, he considered it balanced SPECIFICALLY online with items.

Note, that he didn't say online, or just with items. Before people try to take it out of context. Which is, of course, why the whole "he approves of items in tourneys" to be false. Because there's no way we can actually do online tourneys because of lag(well, dur) and... the fact we have barely 30 seconds to a minute to choose all options.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Glad to have you with us. Interesting you started out burping, I think its the norm that we cry first thing. It always comes back to you being a freak of nature.
They felt my pulse in my heart and said they couldn't find a pulse. Actually, ironically after I burped they still couldn't find my heartbeat on my heart, but they did find my heartbeat on my wrist via my veins there.
Ah! This is seriously wanting me to go pop in my Melee in my old Wii, but I know those two are so old it will only end in disappointment. :urg:
Yeah, I've played so many top players on banned stages at friendlies before and after tournaments. I've played with Choknater a few times on FlatZone, lol! He is so good at dodging the falling items on that stage, that he can even navigate Nana through there, lol.
[COLLAPSE="Actually it confirms..."]

Uh oh, Zamus has competition. :awesome:[/COLLAPSE]
That is the studio behind Metal Gear Rising. Snake confirmed. :snakebrawl:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Avengers da bess.

...well, second bess. The new Batman movies are still a cut above most of the other hero movies, but the Avengers really succeeded in capturing the essence of the comics.

Oh, right. Topic. Uh, I was tempted to buy a Wii tonight and I thought of you guys...?

Toon Ganondorf for Smash...?

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Two swords Toon Ganon would kick all kinds of butt. It'd be like a butt kicking butt kicker of kicking butt bootie! :awesome:
The Dark Knight and Batman Begins > Other Superhero Movies.
Actually, the fact that I could refresh and change my characters whenever I wanted to is what made me like it a bit.
That should have just been a feature beforehand. We got all those characters in the party. We ought to be able to use 'em if they're our party!
Pretty sure Tripping was intended, same with MK being beyond good. This is Sakurai here. To note, he considered it balanced SPECIFICALLY online with items.
Meta Knight was planned to be a speed demon and have super recovery, not as a stalling little campy hoe, and able to kill so early. That was just the effect of poor balancing.
Oh, and I remember the Maze... I still hold the memory of doing that in my goldfish mind.. I was forced to stay up till like 3 in the morning because I got too far to stop at the Great Maze, and every so often I kept thinking I was going to be done soon but for some reason it was just taking forever. .___.
It took too dang long. It was one thing if the rehash was short, like the ending to Devil May Cry 3 (which was somewhat lame, but not super lame), but it took FOREVER!!!

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Avengers da bess.

...well, second bess. The new Batman movies are still a cut above most of the other hero movies, but the Avengers really succeeded in capturing the essence of the comics.
I loved the movie as well, it was very funny and action packed. However, I am confused as to why Hulk was able to control himself at the end so well and not be full of blind rage unlike the first and every other known incident of him transforming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom