• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
@Psycho: i meant ½ chance of being the real pokemon,and ½ chance it's zoroark disguised.
NOTE: only if he is not playable,unless they can make something so he looks different,wich would also be good for charizard if you want his pokeball back.
Maybe pokemon trainer could have clothes on his pokemons as their default costume.Like pikachu/pichu/jigglypuff as their color.

by the way,pikachu's 4th taunt should involve ketchup. :awesome:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Am I Psycho? Anyway, I see what you mean now.
Which Pokemon would you choose to be the one that actually heals you?

And if Zoroark is playable, Zorua can also fill the role of illusion-based pokeball pokemon.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Thanks!:D

But seriously, look at him. He's so bad*** that he even looks like a mace.

Plus he's my favorite. I just recently was replaying HeartGold and didn't leave that one spot near Violet City once I got the Good Rod until I caught one. For 45 minutes, it was totally worth it. Swift Swim to boot!

But anyway, yeah. Chandelure I feel is the most likely. I mean, polls show that it is the most popular Pokemon from Gen V in Japan, and since playable treatment is far too unlikely, Poke Ball would be the best treatment.

Audino for healer.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Agreed. I wonder if he'll ever get an evolution.

I can't even count how many times I've wasted all my Safari Zone time looking for specific Pokemon. Thing is, I can't even remember what I was looking for now. :laugh:

Also agreed about Chandelure. And not that I don't believe you or anything, but do you have the results of that poll? I'm interested in who placed under him.

Even though I'm not wild about Audino, it would be a good healer choice.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just saw this and it looked interesting especially since Coro Coro is due out any day but there may be a new Pokemon that'll make a cameo in BW2 and in the Meloette short film.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37745890#post37745890

I don't care for rumors, but some parts of it make sense, such as the AR Reader game that was shown off on the last Nintendo Direct conference that had a Pokemon silhouette that no one could identify.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Cool, thanks for the link!
It actually isn't working for me, but I can still see the top five from the preview (Chandelure, Whimsicott, Reshiram, Reuniclus, and Hydreigon).

I'm not sure how much it will affect the new pokeball Pokemon (although at least Chandelure and I guess Whimsicott are fairly likely, I would assume). But it's still good to have some sort of popularity gauge. Can someone who can see the page tell me where Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect (if he's there) land on the list?

edit: Good find, Try. I suppose now would make sense to show off this gen's Togepi/Keckleon/Munchlax.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokemon Trophies:

Playables
1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Pokemon Trainer Red/Leaf/Blue
4. Lucario
5. Mewtwo
6. Zoroark

Non-Playables
1. Proffessors (Gen 1 - 5)
2. Gym Leader Misty (With Starme)
3. Meowth
4. Mew
5. Gen 1 Starters
6. Pokemon Trainers Ethan/Lyra/Krys/Silver
7. Champion Lance (With Dragonite)
8. Pichu
9. Lugia & Ho Oh
10. Legendary Dogs
11. Gen 2 Starters
12. Pokemon Trainers Brandon/May/Will
13. Champion Steven (With Metagross)
14. Gardevior
15. Doexys
16. Gen 3 Starters
17. Pokemon Trainers Lucas/Dawn/Barry
18. Champion Cynthia (With Garchomp)
19. Darkrai
20. Dialga / Palkia / Giratina
21. Gen 4 Starters
22. Pokemon Trainers Black/White/Bianca/Cheron
23. Pokemon Trainer N
24. Victini
25. Genesect
26. Gen 5 Starters

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's a little early for a new Pokemon reveal IMO, but whatever. IF it's true, since it's a bird Pokemon it won't have any real effect on Smash anyway.

As for that 5th Gen Popularity chart, I just checked the link we had in the backroom to it, it's broken as well. That info seems to be lost, not that it really mattered IMO.

@Shortie: Since when does Steven have a Gardevior? Pretty sure he uses a Metagross.

D

Deleted member

It's a little early for a new Pokemon reveal IMO, but whatever. IF it's true, since it's a bird Pokemon it won't have any real effect on Smash anyway.

As for that 5th Gen Popularity chart, I just checked the link we had in the backroom to it, it's broken as well. That info seems to be lost, not that it really mattered IMO.

@Shortie: Since when does Steven have a Gardevior? Pretty sure he uses a Metagross.
If this is referring to the May, 2011 poll, then Zoroark was in 17th and Victini was in 19th (or somewhere around that). I don't consider the poll very relevant to their popularity today since it's a year old, thought Zoroark has been proven to be more popular than Victini (and probably Genesect as well), but I still think Reshiram/Zekrom and the 5th gen Pokemons are more popular in the Pokemon fan base.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pretty condensed trophy list there, but it gets whats important. No doubt the pokeball pokemon will also receive trophies. I've always wondered why we've only ever had two "Pokemon people" trophies (and both in Melee), excluding the Trainer. I hope we get at least a couple in SSB4.

Wally was the one with the Gardevoir in Ruby/Sapphire.

edit: Thanks for the poll info, SSBF ^_^

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't think that is a new bird, looks a lot like the ones we have really. I'll look more closely at it and draw some comparisons.

Also, Triple Dash just put a thought in my idea with his comment about a bird not be possible to play... with that said, I really want to play as a bird in Smash Brothers. .___. That would be too cool.

Pidgey for SSB4 :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't think that is a new bird, looks a lot like the ones we have really. I'll look more closely at it and draw some comparisons.

Also, Triple Dash just put a thought in my idea with his comment about a bird not be possible to play... with that said, I really want to play as a bird in Smash Brothers. .___. That would be too cool.

Pidgey for SSB4 :awesome:
Doesn't to me, the closest IMO would be Ho-Oh, but the head feather, tail, and feet are all wrong. It even looks like it has claws on it's wings like Aerodactal. The Pokebeach link I gave had a good diagram pic that compares it to other bird Pokemon. Still just a rumor though, we'll find out soon enough when Coro Coro comes out (this week I think?).

EDIT: Here's the comparison link again.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh, sorry, I didn't see the comparison link. Hmm.. I'm not so sure anymore.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah I was jealous he had a Gardevoir and it took me so long to catch a Ralts.

Ah, being jealous of a NPC. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
UHM, maybe it's a new feature where you can mix and match Pokeparts? It looks like an edited Articuno IMO.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Yeah I was jealous he had a Gardevoir and it took me so long to catch a Ralts.

Ah, being jealous of a NPC. :awesome:
Jealous? Of a Gardevoir? Good Lord, you're weak.:) Also, last time I checked, his name is Branden, not Brandon. Gos, and he's my favorite Trainer design.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
UHM, maybe it's a new feature where you can mix and match Pokeparts? It looks like an edited Articuno IMO.
First thing I would do if that was the case would be mix and match parts until I finally come up with that scary ******* Pikaman.

Or give everyone a Slowpoke face. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Gardevior is actually a pretty decent pokemon in the games, I remember taking her to the Elite Four in my Ruby with Hypnosis/Dream Eater and it was legit (I think she also had Calm Mind, can't remember).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Naw, I was just annoyed to see how far the thread was going off topic and how many troll posts were pileing up. Felt like Impa from a while back.
Not really

Derp =/= Impa

Mewtwo > EVERY LEGENDARY.

He has a real character and very DEEP backstory around him.
I wouldn't call it that deep at all lol. It's a good backstory for him (and he's the best Pokemon, **** IMO) but really, it's not groundbreaking or anything

There ought to be an event match dedicated to Mewtwo's much needed return in SSB4. Perhaps Mewtwo Strikes Back? We already had Mewtwo Strikes as an event in Melee. :awesome:

Perhaps it can be involving him facing off against the Brawl newcomers for a redemption for missing out in Brawl? ;)
Yes please

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Gardevior is actually a pretty decent pokemon in the games, I remember taking her to the Elite Four in my Ruby with Hypnosis/Dream Eater and it was legit (I think she also had Calm Mind, can't remember).
I think I have a Gardevior on my Sapphire Nuzlocke's Challenge. (FYI, best way to play old Pokemon games)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Jealous? Of a Gardevoir? Good Lord, you're weak.:) Also, last time I checked, his name is Branden, not Brandon. Gos, and he's my favorite Trainer design.
If he really was your favourite Trainer design you should probably know his name is actually Brendan. Unless you're talking about the frontier brain Brandon.
Wrong either way.

And in R/S, Gardevoir was actually a fairly decent support. Not that I cared back when those games came out. I just wanted to play as a girl-looking Pokemon who wasn't f*cking Jynx.

D

Deleted member

Guys, Brendan is the 3rd Gen Trainer.
Brandon is the Pyramid King.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not really

Derp =/= Impa
Then what is the difference between Impa and derp? :smirk:

I'm currently using Gardevoir for my Emerald playthough. It's nice since it learns Psychic so early.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Fine, I was wrong. Also, sorry, it is Brendan. I lost my GBA. So sad, so many good memories...*sniffle* Oh well, you get what you get.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wish Meowth is playable in Smash 4 along with Team Rocket. So that when we see them in the Adventure Mode and they are looking for the Triforce for their boss... and then Meowth starts having a boss fantasy about Ganondorf being ridiculously out of character, like laying down in the sun in the Gerudo desert oasis in his Gerudo-printed speedo sweating because it's too hot in the desert and then the Triforce appears and Ganondorf makes a wish for snow in the desert, cooling Ganondorf... and saying "I should reward Meowth and friends for bringing me the Triforce." :troll: :awesome: :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Ruining Ganondorf's image is unacceptable.
It's bad enough that he sucked in Brawl. :glare:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honey, the day he got beaten up by Jigglypuff and Pichu in Melee was the day his image got ruined. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
They're both owned by Namco though, right?

I still think Tamagotchi in Mario Kart takes the weird cameo cake. Although there's probably something I don't know about or have forgotten that's even weirder. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Good old Meowth Boss Fantasy, bring back old memories ^^
Which pokemon do you want to see fighting along Meowth in your Team Rocket idea ?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Cool, thanks for the link!
It actually isn't working for me, but I can still see the top five from the preview (Chandelure, Whimsicott, Reshiram, Reuniclus, and Hydreigon).

I'm not sure how much it will affect the new pokeball Pokemon (although at least Chandelure and I guess Whimsicott are fairly likely, I would assume). But it's still good to have some sort of popularity gauge. Can someone who can see the page tell me where Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect (if he's there) land on the list?

edit: Good find, Try. I suppose now would make sense to show off this gen's Togepi/Keckleon/Munchlax.
Zoroark is tied with Litwick for 17th/18th place, and Victini is tied with Minccino for 19th/20th place.

For the whole top 10 for everyone else:
-Chandelure
-Whimsicott
-Reshiram
-Reuniclus(hell yeah!)
-Hydreigon
-Serperior
-Snivy
-Oshawott/Joltik(tie)
-Lilligant

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hmmm, I think I just discovered that Mewtwo's extra back tube thing was actually meant to be like a handle for Giovanni to carry him with? Like, the world's Strongest pursemon.
Really? I thought that second tube helps to stabilize Mewtwo's PSI powers.

Smeargle would be a perfect Pokeball summon. :troll:
I had that same thought, but NOT as a troll post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom