• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll do the honors.

[COLLAPSE="Elena"]
"][/COLLAPSE]

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash!

Go figure. Kuma brought up someone from another fighting game... :smirk:

*waits for a health bar reference* :awesome:

Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Chu's health bar is depleting as we speak, but his rage meter is building quick.

And I can't see ****.

D

Deleted member

Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash!

I fail to see the comparison between Geno and Poison. Unlike Poison, Geno's overrated and won't return despite fan's gasming over him. :troll:

Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
May I bring up the NINTENDO character Sakurai tried to add in Brawl, but had LISCENSING ISSUES. (Remember, Sakurai considers Geno a Mario character)

You all laugh at Geno, but that could have very well been him~

And this Ridley **** is annoying me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Poison=??? You mean that crappy 80's butt rock band=??? Yeah, they were always in the toilet.

Geno, meanwhile, was in one of the best RPGs and Mario game of the 90's... and actually stars in the story. Granted, his chances aren't great, but you never know in smash bros. At the very least, Sakurai seems to be fond of Super Mario RPG and Geno.

@ Shortie
This weekend I'ma gonna do Mega Man, and make random references in the middle of my posts.

Any of you can join me in the Blue Bomber support then if you'd like. ;)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Geno would be bad getting in because then we will suddenly have people thinking if they can amass giant cults for obscure characters that they will be forced to be added in the next Smash Bros.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
May I bring up the NINTENDO character Sakurai tried to add in Brawl, but had LISCENSING ISSUES. (Remember, Sakurai considers Geno a Mario character)

Not necessarily. Licensing issues can mean a lot of different things from a company perspective. After all, not every subsidiary of Nintendo has to let Sakurai use their material and content.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@John
No, not that Poison. This Poison.
[COLLAPSE="Poison"]

***** got a penis! Or not...
[/COLLAPSE]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Geno would be bad getting in because then we will suddenly have people thinking if they can amass giant cults for obscure characters that they will be forced to be added in the next Smash Bros.
Geno getting in is nothing but good. People will make giant cults regardless of Geno's playablity status.

Oh, and I honestly do believe that character was Geno, which means, he's PROBABLY not showing up in Smash, since Sakurai clearly hit a wall with him during Brawl. How sad.

Not necessarily. Licensing issues can mean a lot of different things from a company perspective. After all, not every subsidiary of Nintendo has to let Sakurai use their material and content.
This is true, but can you think of a character who fits that bill didn't have any content in Brawl? Starfy most definitely did.

The characters I can think of aren't even requested.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Heck, it could've even been Starfy because of TOSE. They might not have wanted him in until he went international(which I'm sure was planned at the time, since The Legendary Starfy came out the year after Brawl). Who knows.

@Shortie: You do make a good point, though... If TOSE hadn't let any Starf-stuffs in, he wouldn't be an AT.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah. No other "cult" has been nearly that big.

The Poo cult wasn't anywhere near as big.

The cult of that one Skyward Sword character=??? A dumb fad.

The cult of the Duck Hunt Dog=??? Seen as a joke that a few keep telling that hasn't ended over the last decade because people always go back to it.

Geno is seen as one of the 3 main characters of Super Mario RPG (the others are Mallow and Mario) and the most popular out of the two that aren't Mario (sorry Mallow).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why was Poison brought up?
I was comparing the demand of Poison to appear in a SF game to Geno's demand to appear in Smash. The only two differences are that Geno is owned by Square and nobody has tried to bombard Sakurai's twitter with Geno requests.

Oh, and I honestly do believe that character was Geno, which means, he's PROBABLY not showing up in Smash, since Sakurai clearly hit a wall with him during Brawl. How sad.
Or, he retreated in order to strategize for the next attempt. Realistically, it may have taken too long for him to be included in time.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Stupid Geno, he was not even the best character in that game. Mallow 4 life!

Heck, it could've even been Starfy because of TOSE. They might not have wanted him in until he went international(which I'm sure was planned at the time, since The Legendary Starfy came out the year after Brawl). Who knows.
Yeah, who knows. It kind of reminds of how with Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Nitsuma wanted to add a Monster Hunter character into the game, but the subsidiary within Capcom that holds the rights to the franchise said "nope".

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Or, he retreated in order to strategize for the next attempt. Realistically, it may have taken too long for him to be included in time.
We can dream, we can dream. I certainly HOPE that's what happened.

Oh, but Staaaaar, Starfy WAS IN BRAWL, you silly raptor.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still don't get why for Geno. He is both insignificant to Super Mario and Square-Enix. Heck, Square-Enix made four more games with Mario characters in it after Super Mario RPG, and two of them even referenced Super Mario RPG (remix of Mushroom Kingdom Super Mario RPG theme), yet neither Geno or Mallow appeared in any of them. Heck, up until Brawl's announcement Geno was no more popular than Mallow was. Never underestimate the power of the bandwagon and mob mentality.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I still don't get why for Geno. He is both insignificant to Super Mario and Square-Enix. Heck, Square-Enix made four more games with Mario characters in it after Super Mario RPG, and two of them even referenced Super Mario RPG (remix of Mushroom Kingdom Super Mario RPG theme), yet neither Geno or Mallow appeared in any of them. Heck, up until Brawl's announcement Geno was no more popular than Mallow was. Never underestimate the power of the bandwagon and mob mentality.
Never underestimate the love for a character. Sometimes, it's just that simple.

D

Deleted member

And this Ridley **** is annoying me.
Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!

There's two missing categories of songs, one that was a Nintendo franchise (inbetween Animal Crossing and Kid Icarus) and another that comes inbetween Sonic and the Melee Past Stages (so it might be a third 3rd Party series).
Chances are, that Nintendo character comes from the former series inbetween Animal Crossing and Kid Icarus.

Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!Meta Ridley 4 Smash!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
People don't need a REASON to simply like a character Chrono.

Well, they do. He's cool.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh, but Staaaaar, Starfy WAS IN BRAWL, you silly raptor.
I did not say it was Starfy I just responded "yeah, who knows". My point was that licensing issues do not necessarily need to involve third party stakeholders.

That's right, before the Geno cult took over Mallow reigned supreme!!! Now he has become the second banana. Smh.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Square Enix reps don't really interest me at all, dunno why
Besides Geno, third parties don't interest me. Well, smaller franchises don't either.

I would not mind if we got no third parties, Little Mac, Miis, Takamaru, and Saki. That's it for new franchises.

And then fill up on other franchises.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
People don't need a REASON to simply like a character Chrono.

Well, they do. He's cool.
The thing is that Geno bandwagon pretty much exploded out of nowhere and pretty much collapsed after Brawl was released too. Now, people want Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and even Waluigi more than Geno.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Collapse, schmallapse. It doesn't need to be constantly active. What? You think they keep begging for the character every moment?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The thing is that Geno bandwagon pretty much exploded out of nowhere and pretty much collapsed after Brawl was released too. Now, people want Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and even Waluigi more than Geno.
Meh, I don't know about that. There are still a lot of people around here who like Geno, it's not completely collapsed.

My point was that licensing issues do not necessarily need to involve third party stakeholders.
Well I KNOW THAAAAT.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Collapse, schmallapse. It doesn't need to be constantly active. What? You think they keep begging for the character every moment?
Yes. I find it funny when I posted polls for a Mario newcomer during pre-Brawl (after Brawl's announcement), Geno was one of the highest ranked Mario characters in the poll, yet when I post Mario newcomer polls now, he gets barely any requests. That is a collapse right there.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Roy (166)
SMRPG character (124)
Paper Mario (124)
Waluigi (120)

:troll:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Shut up, Star. I'm trying to beat S&P on normal. Bet YOU couldn't even do that.
Who said I didn't go back and do it? You just asked me about my first time. :troll:

Isn't Fatmanonice to blame for the Geno cult? And yet, we still love him dearly.
I think even David Koresh would be jelly.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Isn't Fatmanonice to blame for the Geno cult? And yet, we still love him dearly.
From Fatmanonice on Smashboards:
I agree, it isn't enough which is why I hope to expand the idea to other sites. Back in 2006, I started Operation: Star of Heaven. Basically it was a campaign to get Geno in Brawl. It started on Nsider where me and about 10 other Geno fans created a 26 page portfolio (both in English and Japanese) supporting Geno's inclusion into Brawl. I then went to Nintendo's HQ in Kyoto and tried to drop it off but a security guard turned me away so I had to send it when I was in Tokyo. After I came back, I made "bases" in other forums to rally support. I made one here, on IGN, on Gamespot, and on Gamefaqs and support for Geno grew from there.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes. I find it funny when I posted polls for a Mario newcomer during pre-Brawl (after Brawl's announcement), Geno was one of the highest ranked Mario characters in the poll, yet when I post Mario newcomer polls now, he gets barely any requests. That is a collapse right there.
My guess is that people were starting to change from what they wanted to what they're expecting. Look what happened to SSBF.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
From Fatmanonice on Smashboards:
I agree, it isn't enough which is why I hope to expand the idea to other sites. Back in 2006, I started Operation: Star of Heaven. Basically it was a campaign to get Geno in Brawl. It started on Nsider where me and about 10 other Geno fans created a 26 page portfolio (both in English and Japanese) supporting Geno's inclusion into Brawl. I then went to Nintendo's HQ in Kyoto and tried to drop it off but a security guard turned me away so I had to send it when I was in Tokyo. After I came back, I made "bases" in other forums to rally support. I made one here, on IGN, on Gamespot, and on Gamefaqs and support for Geno grew from there.
He's a beautiful man.

My guess is that people were starting to change from what they wanted to what they're expecting. Look what happened to SSBF.
He's beating every Mario character but Toad an Juior on my poll, and is tied with PM atm. He's beaten him in the past, I do believe.

How long did it take for Peach to be revealed in Brawl? Unless Toad is a character revealed right off the bat, I would be looking out for HER on the coming DOJO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom