• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reactions were good shinhed. People like the sound of it, myself included.

I think we may get a lobby, voice chat (FINALLY! I want to trash talk [jk, I don't do that]), random match makers, search by match type, stage, etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash!

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
The reactions were good shinhed. People like the sound of it, myself included.

I think we may get a lobby, voice chat (FINALLY! I want to trash talk [jk, I don't do that]), random match makers, search by match type, stage, etc.
That's a great idea.:reverse:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@N- Well, if your still interested...

1. Host migration/better netcode- I think these are the things that can help solve the lag problem for the most part. With host migration, if the host of the game (the person with the strongest internet connection) leaves the game or is having trouble hosting it, then the server can choose a different player to host it instead of just ending the game.

2. Voice chat enabled- Self-explanatory. Comes with an option to mute desired players, and you can chat with anyone this time around.

3. Custom and Private Matches- It would work almost exactly like Special Brawl Online, except only people you, your friends on Wii U, and the people you invite can play with you. There could be private leaderboards that would only be for your Wii U friends and not anyone else. Sakurai can also take this a step further by having a contest for who can make the best custom-made game, choose the best custom-made games to become actual online modes in the online playlist.

4. Patch/Hotfix System- Basically, as you probably already know, if something's unbalanced or glitchy in the game, they fix it via online updates for the game. They'd also be used as DLC updates for when DLC is about to release

5. DLC- Characters, stages, music, maybe even a new mode if they wish

6. Ability to set up online tourneys- Just a shout out to the more competitive players, not sure how this would work my damn self

7. Ability to veto stages- A stage is randomly picked. Players in the lobby can veto it and if the majority of the people veto, then a different stage is chosen.

8. King of the Hill- Something like MK 2011 where spectators can join the match and comment and rate on it with their avatars/Miis using certain buttons or motion of the tablet (such as clapping or throwing tomatoes at the screen). There could be hidden commands too, like maybe if you press certain buttons at the same time, you can shout, "DO A BARREL ROLL!" out to the players or something along those lines.

Kinda rushed post because the power just went out and back on and I'm afraid I might lose my work if it goes out again
I know this is my second time reposting this lol, but I felt like this would be an appropriate time to bring it up

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, there are no more excuses for Nintendo. Smash Bros simply MUST HAVE a streamline, modern online. Otherwise, that will hurt not just Nintendo's perception, but the sales of these two forthcoming Smash Bros games! If that doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised if future Smash Bros. games didn't sell as well.

yani

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone *group goron hug* :awesome:

Can't wait to see it Poppy :awesome:

Has asage mentioned the likely Pokemon game announcement this weekend?

yani

Smash Lord
Hell yeah! Can't wait for that game man, you gotta play me in it right away

@New Pokemon Game

"During a Q&A session during a visit to Tokyo on Saturday, Junichi Masuda was asked about when the next main series game, a game after Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, is to come out. In response, he said that he can't really respond to that question but said to watch an upcoming Pokémon Smash episode, due to air this weekend. This was followed by a post on twitter stating the same thing." - Serebii

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, there are no more excuses for Nintendo. Smash Bros simply MUST HAVE a streamline, modern online. Otherwise, that will hurt not just Nintendo's perception, but the sales of these two forthcoming Smash Bros games! If that doesn't happen, I wouldn't be surprised if future Smash Bros. games didn't sell as well.
I think the effects would be far worse than affecting the sales for future games (and those can be rectified in sequels). It'll hurt sales of the console since most "core" gamers are going to want a solid online experience for their multiplayer games.

If we can upload tracks, I want this on the Phendrana Drifts stage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65i-CwGIU6M

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am sounding like a broken record, but I am getting impatient in regards to waiting for Kid Icarus Uprising and the OVAs. I find it weird that no additional details have ever been mentioned about it (the OVAs), even at the Nintendo Direct conference.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That's bogus. Let me show you what would be absolutely perfect for a Phendrana Drifts stage. At least for me. O.o

http://youtu.be/nikNVvJLPl8

If you played the game you'd understand.
Sounds good Star. That's why your the king......

I am sounding like a broken record, but I am getting impatient in regards to waiting for Kid Icarus Uprising and the OVAs. I find it weird that no additional details have ever been mentioned about it (the OVAs), even at the Nintendo Direct conference.
....and Chrono is an addict.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
....and Chrono is an addict.
The funny thing is that Kid Icarus Uprising is the only upcoming game I am looking forward to. I also can't make a proper assessment on the goddesses unless I know what role and abilities they will have in their upcoming source material (Uprising and the OVAs). We are now only a month away from Uprising's release.

D

Deleted member

Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash!

That gets a little tiring....and yes, I support Meta Ridley over vanilla Ridley. It's still Ridley, so it counts.

Anyways, still waiting on Asage's reply to my PM....

Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash! Meta Ridley 4 Smash!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I dig it, fo real :awesome::cool:

What do you guys think of an Oil Barrel(or can or whaterver) being an item? It could either soak the player causing "random tripping", or it could just splatter on a part of the stage leaving it slippery.
Hakan confirmed.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

That gets a little tiring....and yes, I support Meta Ridley over vanilla Ridley. It's still Ridley, so it counts.

Anyways, still waiting on Asage's reply to my PM....

I read it, shook my head, and deleted it because you rephrased your previous arguement. In otherwords, denied convo :troll:

Jking, but you did copy yourself, to a huge extent. I'm not copying/pasting my answers anymore. *leaves planet* But anyways, I just got Mario Kart 7, Mentlegen. *eee!*

Sry, DP.

D

Deleted member

If you actually read what I had said, you would see that it wasn't just a rehash. :glare:.

EDIT: Methinks you're just trying to avoid the convo. :troll:

Example:
1st counterpoint I've made in the convo: Victini shares the "combo" movie status with it's costars Reshiram and Zekrom. It is also not the only Legendary to star in more than one movie.
2nd counterpoint after your reply: The reason Victini was in a "combo" in the first place was not for itself, but for Reshiram and Zekrom, as it references the differing roles they take in B/W. If you replace them with the Kami Trio in example, there would have been no "combo" movie. Also, the "combo" is just two forms of the same movie, which technically means Victini only had one movie.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Zoroak does seem to follow the Lucario pattern more accurately than Victini. I would guess Zoroak over Victini, although both seem to be sound guesses.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ridleh 4 Smash

[COLLAPSE="Zekrom 4 Smash"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I know I said I didn't care about 5th gen before, but I forgot how badass Zekrom was when I said that

Ridleh 4 Smash

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
This is exactly how DLC should be treated. And it would add to sales (not detract).
...that would make it awesome, actually. Not getting Roy or Mewtwo in the new installment? BAM, you got DLC for it. So even if our hopes don't get in, there's always that slim chance they won't completely fade.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The funny thing is that Kid Icarus Uprising is the only upcoming game I am looking forward to. I also can't make a proper assessment on the goddesses unless I know what role and abilities they will have in their upcoming source material (Uprising and the OVAs). We are now only a month away from Uprising's release.
Oh Chrono. As they say, good things come for those who wait. Also, don't try to raise your expectations about OVA's content too high. *Pats on the back*

And technically, we're just under month for it's release. Just some more bro!

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Ridleh 4 Smash

[COLLAPSE="Zekrom 4 Smash"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I know I said I didn't care about 5th gen before, but I forgot how badass Zekrom was when I said that

Ridleh 4 Smash
I've been trying to endorse this idea in the past, but the general idea is that Zekrom can't get in without Reshiram.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Also, the "combo" is just two forms of the same movie, which technically means Victini only had one movie.
I agree with golden and shortie this shouldn't count as a combo movie and is more of an "alternate ending"

Welcome back yani! This thread just got earned a few cool points back.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If you actually read what I had said, you would see that it wasn't just a rehash. :glare:.
Urg....

EDIT: Methinks you're just trying to avoid the convo. :troll:
I've been sick, so arguin' about Victinis been hard for some reason.
Example:
1st counterpoint I've made in the convo: Victini shares the "combo" movie status with it's costars Reshiram and Zekrom. It is also not the only Legendary to star in more than one movie.
You're not getting what I'm telling you, are you? A combo pack has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE. This means that Victini is starring in the first time of doing such a historic movie pack.

2nd counterpoint after your reply: The reason Victini was in a "combo" in the first place was not for itself, but for Reshiram and Zekrom, as it references the differing roles they take in B/W.
Oh, then I either misunderstood or... didn't read it :troll:
If you replace them with the Kami Trio in example, there would have been no "combo" movie. Also, the "combo" is just two forms of the same movie, which technically means Victini only had one movie.
The movies are quite different. They just have the same plot is all.
I've been sick, so that's why I slipped up here. I apologize. But listen, here's my point.

My arguement on Zoroark VS Victini is biased over the keys of the Pokemon series, Relevancy, Popularity, and Movie Titles, which are 90% assumed comfirmed due to Mewtwo and Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom