• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash!

I'm no tech whiz, but since there's going to be interconnectivity between the two versions, wouldn't it be more ideal to have both versions have the same roster than to have exclusive characters? Again, just an educated guess here

Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash!
Let's keep it smash, and not Christmas morning 1998.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

I'm no tech whiz, but since there's going to be interconnectivity between the two versions, wouldn't it be more ideal to have both versions have the same roster than to have exclusive characters? Again, just an educated guess here

Ridley for Smash. Ridley for Smash. Ridley for Smash. Ridley 4 Smash 4.

"Build up your 3DS characters and transfer them over to the Wii U version. Except these few exclusive characters. Can't do a thing with them!"

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958

"Build up your 3DS characters and transfer them over to the Wii U version. Except these few exclusive characters. Can't do a thing with them!"

Oh god when you said build up your characters it made me wonder if smash 4 will have miis....... please no...

Guess who? Bursting onto the smash scene again!

WOW!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Alright guys! This Ridley support is AWESOME!!! :cool:
@John
Krystal is a scrappy by coincidence. Keep the bias going though. I don't care too much about it.
She is nearly exactly like Scrappy. Scrappy was entertaining and brought a little life to the Scooby Doo brand. Star Fox Adventures was a good game (with virtually no replay value), even if I hated Krystal in it (and so did so many other people).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then, crap goes downhill. Scrappy because boring, you bring in Scooby's uncle. Star Fox games try to copy Adventures instead of the original and 64.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next thing you know, Scooby Doo involves a weird little kid and a fortune teller, Daphne went back to living with her parents, Fred became addicted to World of Warcraft, and Velma became a prostitute because of her low self-confidence after Scrappy stole all the screen time. Instead of solving mysteries, Scooby and Shaggy are working prophecy cartels with renowned Satan worshipers.
Then in Star Fox, the entire story begins to slowly focus more and more on Krystal's relation with Fox a central focus, and they make her even more of a whiny little hoe. Falco leaves because he gets tired of this crap, Peppy falls in love with his daughter because he is banned from his one love (barrel rolls), Wolf is suddenly helping at a endangered mosquito reserve instead of robbing and killing people, and Slippy is still an idiot.
It's like the 80's cocaine craze. Everything from back then is a haze man. No one knows what the heck went down, and even if they did, it wouldn't make any sense. :smirk:

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958

I dont have the patience to write ridley 4 sm4sh over and over.... but I am supporting!

Also, krystal's voice acting in adventures is hurrendous with that stupid donosaur language. She sounded like she was depressed and pretending to enjoy her role...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

^^^^^^ Then just copy and paste, my man, that's what I've been doin'

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ridley for...

*Flashbacks of Lip and Yoshi dying on Ridley's claws*

Uh..... um.....

PALUTENA 4 SM4SH! 4

Just kidding, I support that purple dragon of evulz still. An intelligent, thirsty for blood and ruthless villain like him deserves to be playable.

And that then reminds me of one codec I did long time ago.

- Ridley -

Pit: Palutenaaa!
Palutena: You sound very concerned there Pit! What's wrong?
Pit: I'm battling against the devil! Not just any kind of devil, but he's in a form of dragon!
Palutena: That's Ridley, one of the most high-ranked members from the galactic gang called Space Pirates. He's very wicked reptile, someone NOT to be taken lightly at any costs.
Pit: That's very clear to me already. Look at him take down the other fighters! Eww, he clearly enjoys it...
Palutena: He's very sadistic and bloodthirsty too: he never gets tired for the sight of destruction.
Pit: I see... You have any good advices around him?
Palutena: To be honest, I don't know about his weaknesses at the moment. I'm sorry.
Pit: Oh no... I guess I gotta find someway around to defeat him.
But I wonder, if he's one of those usual "Dumb Dragon"-characters... maybe this scary outeriour is just to get us caught off-guard.

*Palutena suddenly disappears, and it appears Ridley was playing as her all time long*

Ridley: Going so far as to insult me, sissy boy? My playtime's done then.Prepare to die you immortal!!!
Pit: HOLY PALUTENA!!!!!! HELP MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I think the two should be completely different in terms of gameplay (side note).

There should be some sort of interaction between the two games. Maybe some transferable trophies, stickers, and other collectables (first there must be console exclusives). Maybe even some music or perhaps even transferable stages.

I dont have the patience to write ridley 4 sm4sh over and over.... but I am supporting!
Copy and past my friend. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would love if the connectivity between the two was like an iPod and a computer. You could sync the stats betweem the two versions. You could play the WiiU version, send the data over to the 3DS version, go out playing it, and then come back and upload the newest stuff.

@John
K. I thought Adventures was a good game (I wouldn't mind a subseries based on this game's mechanics) and Assault was good but could be better. Command's the only true weak one in the series.

Krystal for Smash. Krystal for Smash. Krystal for Smash. Krystal 4 Smash 4.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I would love if the connectivity between the two was like an iPod and a computer. You could sync the stats betweem the two versions. You could play the WiiU version, send the data over to the 3DS version, go out playing it, and then come back and upload the newest stuff.

@John
K. I thought Adventures was a good game (I wouldn't mind a subseries based on this game's mechanics) and Assault was good but could be better. Command's the only true weak one in the series.

Your sync idea is awesome, by the way. and @john Adventures is awesome, I'm playing through it b/c I got it for christmas this year. I just hate that voice acting....
Also, command is terrible... its so boring.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash!

Agreed (although I couldn't imagine the Wii U smash being playable on the 3DS).

@John
Adventures was good, but not worth replaying. Star Fox and Star Fox 64 have near endless replay value.

Assault had awful controls, an awful plot (Star Fox 64 was hilarious; Assault's humor was awful), and Command was just a train wreck. They tried to make an arcade shoot 'em up funny game into a soap opera. That's just plain stupid.

HAHA... NO! :glare: :glare: :glare::glare: :glare::glare: :glare::glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare: :glare:

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958

Agreed (although I couldn't imagine the Wii U smash being playable on the 3DS).

Adventures was good, but not worth replaying. Star Fox and Star Fox 64 have near endless replay value.

Assault had awful controls, an awful plot (Star Fox 64 was hilarious; Assault's humor was awful), and Command was just a train wreck. They tried to make an arcade shoot 'em up funny game into a soap opera. That's just plain stupid.

HAHA... NO! :glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare::glare:

How you describe command makes it sound like Kingdom Hearts as a flight simulator... haha! I love kingdom hearts! Yeah the humor and replay value in starfox 1 and 64 are so high, and starfox 1's corneria theme is teh ****.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

That "soap opera" part reminds me: I hate it when series like Star Fox and Sonic try to get all story-intensive; it's just a huge turn-off for me

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The only thing I didn't like in Assault's story was that they went all Utah on the dialogue. Darker dialogue or cursing was turned into straight up narm.

Story oriented's not a bad thing. Assault was reasonable in its story telling. 64 and Uprising have it good though where the plot is told through real time dialogue.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

@ Sephirothxxx
Really=??? I wasn't even thinking of that game with a straight up pointless story! :laugh:

But yeah, I enjoyed Adventures the first time. After that, it was boring. I played and beat Assault once. After that, I went straight back to my original Star Fox lovers, Star Fox and Star Fox 64.

Seriously, Star Fox should just be simple: evil dudes are evil, Peppy sounds like an alcoholic great uncle, Falco is an arrogant BAMF, Fox is cool, and Slippy is an idiot (actually, make Slippy confident). Give Krystal something like that. There is no reason the series needs to be all lovey dovy. Just keep Star Fox's story like Star Fox. Simple stories sell.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958

That "soap opera" part reminds me: I hate it when series like Star Fox and Sonic try to get all story-intensive; it's just a huge turn-off for me

Like this?

Fox: Andross... you killed my father....

Andross: ONLY I HAVE TEH BRAYNZ TUH KILL PARENTS!

Fox: OK ANDROSS! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Andross: First, you must defeat my 7 evil exes...

Fox: .....

@john
The story isnt pointless in kh, just kinda dramatic like soap operas.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Bleh crap in response to other people.

Don't be dumb, Star. Zamus was clearly to represent breasts.
Fixed. :p

I'll Shake them down and prove I'm the King. :smirk:
Oh man, that reminds me... Marina Liteyears would totally be an awesome inclusion.

I just read the funniest Skyrim joke

Censored because of snotty little kids that read these forums

I used to be a nerd like you, but then I took a vagina to the penis.
Aww, not as funny as my version of it:

I did an arrow to the knee joke once, then I grew up.

He's supposed to be Italian, which is still considered white.

He did took out Mike Tyson though...

:phone:
Rocky Balboa recolor please. :>

Why do so many people who want a solution to random tripping suggest it to be "toggleable"? Lol, what kind of self-masochist would actually ALLOW that **** to be turned on
I'd rather have other **** toggleable. Like, y'know, switch between Melee/Brawl/Hybrid airdodge, among other ****.

The reason why I believe Victini is because he has so much attention from GF. His appearence is obviously seen to be important. You can't deny that. '~'

A win within a win? I hope so...
Winception >_>
Nah, that's a "yo dawg" since it's only two levels.

WE NEED TO WIN DEEPER.

3DS for Brawl like gameplay... Wii U for Melee like gameplay. Problem solved.

:phone:
Didn't one guy say 3DS and Wii 2 Smash games will be interconnectable though?

Yeah, and I hope they change it because it sounds like a Wii+ to me. I'd rather it be named something like Canyon to keep the concept of "deeper and wider".
Shouldn't it be called Wiigina then? :troll:

Anyway, I would like to suggest that, for the new Smash, we should get two discs. Yes, two discs. I know what you're thinking, but let's assume the Wii 2 and the 3DS versions are seperate installments. Now, why two discs? One is restricted to singleplayer. One is restricted to multiplayer. Stuff you can unlock in singleplayer will be usable in multiplayer, and vice-versa. Why would this be a good idea? In all honesty, it would be a greater incentive to play both (while holding an even greater amount of content for each section, like adventure mode, individual Break The Targets/Board the Platforms/Race To Finish, much more stages... This is just me, however.

Also... how do I do collapsing spoilers? <_>;;

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Like this?
@ Sephirothxxx
Really=??? I wasn't even thinking of that game with a straight up pointless story! :laugh:
The story isnt pointless in kh, just kinda dramatic like soap operas.
Yeah, but there's a whole lot of awful awkward supposed "humor" in Kingdom Hearts that is totally pointless. Plus there is that dumb three way love relationship. Seriously Sora, just make out with Donald and we'll get the frick over it! :glare:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@LC-DDM
Believe me, when I first heard them describing the console as "deeper and wider" I was thinking of "that".

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
@LC-DDM I just remembered her game, Mischief Makers. That's actually the first mention I've seen of her yet in this topic.

Yes indeed, an inclusion would be favorful.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Gaystupid mode- on!

Ok, guys! I've got it! nintendo should like totally get with square and put in zidane and cloud and leon and tifa and yuffie and all of those guys! It would just create the greatest smash experience!

@john if there's any kingdom hearts game with REALLY STUPID humor its definitely kh2.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@LC- The "2 disc part" actually isn't a bad idea, but the Wii U discs do contain 25 GB (Brawl used 8-9 gigs IIRC), so maybe one disc is enough?

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
@LC-DDM I just remembered her game, Mischief Makers. That's actually the first mention I've seen of her yet in this topic.

Yes indeed, an inclusion would be favorful.
Yeah, would be awesome in a jar.

Bonus points for having Red from Gunstar Heroes as a character, but that'd be more farfetched, sadly.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Yeah, would be awesome in a jar.

Bonus points for having Red from Gunstar Heroes as a character, but that'd be more farfetched, sadly.
Dude I never thought of him! Gunstar heroes is a great game and I honestly think it would be neat if they put Red in the next smash! doesnt seem likely though...:urg:

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
@LC- The "2 disc part" actually isn't a bad idea, but the Wii U discs do contain 25 GB (Brawl used 8-9 gigs IIRC), so maybe one disc is enough?
Huh. I guess one disc would be enough then.

Oh, a mode I know would NEVER happen should be a "Mix-n'-Match" mode strictly as a seperate mode for multiplayer. Essentially it would be specific characters having their earlier versions fight on this version. Like... y'know, Melee Fox Vs N64 Mario on Brawl FD. But this is more of a pipe dream.

@LC-DDM
Believe me, when I first heard them describing the console as "deeper and wider" I was thinking of "that".
Glad I'm not the only one.

Well, "glad" may not be the right term. xD

Gaystupid mode- on!

Ok, guys! I've got it! nintendo should like totally get with square and put in zidane and cloud and leon and tifa and yuffie and all of those guys! It would just create the greatest smash experience!
All of Zidane's moves would be headbutts. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
IIRC, I think I heard that Sakurai was going to make Brawl two discs: one for Subspace Emissary and the other for everything else

But I think Wii U is powerful enough for one disc, even if they make SSE 2.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Huh. I guess one disc would be enough then.

Oh, a mode I know would NEVER happen should be a "Mix-n'-Match" mode strictly as a seperate mode for multiplayer. Essentially it would be specific characters having their earlier versions fight on this version. Like... y'know, Melee Fox Vs N64 Mario on Brawl FD. But this is more of a pipe dream.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Well, "glad" may not be the right term. xD

All of Zidane's moves would be headbutts. :p
Ha ha yeah they would. To be honest I probably wouldnt play a smash brothers if it had a bunch of final fantasy characters. They just don't mix.

I believe we've already got a "smash bros" final fantasy....

and

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would love to see both types of dodges return, and mappable to different buttons.

Melee dodge, mapped to R.
Brawl dodge, mapped to L.

Melee dodge should have to be faster in order to.... you know, give it a function that isn't (purely) wavedashing (so the new players who have no clue what it is, don't stick to Brawl dodge only).

So it would still be directional, and causes the character to go into that post-recovery animation, but the dodge itself would travel faster, and maybe, longer?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Star Fox and Star Fox 64 were great. Personally, I don't think the story should take itself too seriously in a game like Star Fox. I don't think Star Fox (and Kirby and Mother for that matter) need a newcomer for Smash 4. Fox, Falco, and Wolf are perfect.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Star fox should be like this:

get to point a to point b and make sure you barrel roll a lot and blow up enemies.

oh and watch out for buildings! get bombs to use bombs!

It's not like that anymore....

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

@john if there's any kingdom hearts game with REALLY STUPID humor its definitely kh2.
Agreed.

Also, 2 discs is unneeded. The Wii U discs have like 20-50 GB of memory (according to reports), compared to a lot less from the Wii discs. There is enough room for both single player and multiplayer modes on one disc.. Plus most single-player modes can be played with multiple players. Personally, I think all single players modes should have 1-4 player options, including Classic Mode, Adventure/Story Mode, Break the Targets, Board the Platforms (which should return!), Event Matches, the Home Run Contest, the Multi Man *insert game name here*, any new modes, etc etc etc.

Heck, maybe even throw in Coin Launcher in that.

Edit: Agreed that Star Fox shouldn't take itself too seriously. It should always have a lot of humor and over the top stuff, because that is the Star Fox franchise's identity.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Ha ha yeah they would. To be honest I probably wouldnt play a smash brothers if it had a bunch of final fantasy characters. They just don't mix.

I believe we've already got a "smash bros" final fantasy....

and
Dude, high five for knowing what Ehrgeiz is! That game was awesome -- I actually would have hoped the guy that is making the Cloud PSA for Brawl gave him some moves from there.

I would love to see both types of dodges return, and mappable to different buttons.

Melee dodge, mapped to R.
Brawl dodge, mapped to L.

Melee dodge should have to be faster in order to.... you know, give it a function that isn't wavedashing (so the new players who have no clue what it is, don't stick to Brawl dodge only).

So it would still be directional, and causes the character to go into that post-recovery animation, but the dodge itself would travel faster, and maybe, longer?
This is a very interesting way to apply the Melee dodge AND the Brawl dodge without holding any sort of favoritism over either.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Dude, high five for knowing what Ehrgeiz is! That game was awesome -- I actually would have hoped the guy that is making the Cloud PSA for Brawl gave him some moves from there.

This is a very interesting way to apply the Melee dodge AND the Brawl dodge without holding any sort of favoritism over either.
Dude high five for giving a high five! U da man! I thought I was gonna be a loner on ehrgeiz! Problem is.... I've never played, just seen gameplay. I wanna buy it but it costs sooo much.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
From my ideas post.
Change: Hybrid Air Dodge
Reason: Compromise between the two air dodge versions. Neutral is limited to two dodges in the air while the other directions are limited to one and go into a helpless animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom