• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I should have said "most interesting lord CAPABLE OF BEING IN SMASH." Ephraim and Leaf don't have a shot.

But I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't want a FIRE SWORD wielder. RANGED ATTACKS. WITH FIRE. So cool.
Im with Oasis on that one. Roy has gotta be in it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't wanna ruin your fun but... I really don't think it's likely other than a model swap for Marth. Or if Fire Emblem gets 4 characters.

Ike, Chrome and Shiida are too much of competition. And all are argueably more important to Fire Emblem. Especially Ike, but Chrome surely looks like he'll have the advantage over him to from what I'm seeing now. Shiida has been around as long as Marth, and she'd bring a lot of uniqueness into play.

Roy only has a fire sword, and in Brawl even Ike had a fire sword. If they want, they can give Chrome a fire sword. Checking things realistically there's no real need for either Roy or Ike if Chrome is there. That's just the way it is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dat manga... :O

Shiida. Aka Ceada. Aka Sheeda.

She rides a ****ing pegasus and uses a lance. What's not to love?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
@Pokemon Trainer + Donkey Kong: I would like them to come up with a DOWN B for them on air.

Either air-switching for the Pokemon, or something like a downward water gun, a body slam for Ivy, and a Fire Spin for Charizard.
For Donkey: Maybe a grapple move on air, kinda like Bowser, except you must grab from above.

Sonic: More kill power. His nAir should have super armor (insta shield move) His Homing Attack should go in a STRAIGHT LINE.

I would prefer Homing Attack to be mapped to SIDE>B, and regular B being bouncing.

Samus should be a tad faster. Her final smash should be the 1-hit KO screw attack, or th Turbo. :D

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Shiida? Who the hell is that
:3

Cadea/Shiida

Attributes:
Caeda is a lightweight character similar to Fox (33th). Both her size and ground speed are both very close to Z.S. Samus (4-5th in both) due to her FE stats and light weaponry; while her ability to move around mid-air is high and close to Zelda's (13th).

Playstyle:
I see her as good overall on the ground but a nightmare in the air. Her attacks are quick and not very laggy, elegant in motion like Marth’s attacks, but are not very damaging or have very high knockback with either of her weapons. Therefore it would result in much of her gameplay centering on switching her weapons back and forth in order to fit the situation. In order to back her up in order to make kills she would have a very good recovery: 3 jumps, a glide, and limited flight with her U-Special. Unfortunately for her all of these aerial abilities come at a cost of being light weight and floaty.

Lance – Amazing range (slightly longer then Z.S. Samus’s whip), but terrible knockback, although the best knockback is sweet spotted at the tip of the lance,
Sword – Under average range (about Toon Link’s sword), but has better knockback then the lance,

Entrance - Flys in on her Pegasus, jumps off onto the stage as her Pegasus then flys into the background,

Neutral Special - Javelin/Sonic Sword - throws her lance a short distance, you charge it up like Link's Bow in order to gain distance and speed, but it makes her a sitting target, / slashes her sword to create a magic air slash, can't charge, little lag but lower priority than Javelin. Each does 6%,

Side Special - Pegasus Charge - dashes forward a short distance (3/5th the distance of the SF Side-S) and at the end slashes with her weapon, when she slashes it can be a Meteor Smash, think Wolf Flash but horizontal, does 3% during the dash, 10% on the weapon hit,

Up Special - Mount - mounts onto her Pegasus and is able to fly for a short period, same as Wings of Icarus,

Down Special - Weapon Change - Changes her weapon, from lance to sword and vice versa, lance is default.

Final Smash - Triangle Attack - launches opponent into the air and middle of the stage like Great Aether, the Pegasus Sisters (Palla, Catria, Est) appear from the background on their Pegasus's and do their signature Triangle Attack, 12% on the 1st hit, then 15% on each hit done by the Sisters, has an overall good knockback,

AAA - starts a rapid stabbing motion similar to Link's jab with her weapon, it may be held down, does 3% per hit,
Forward Tilt - leans forward and stabs opponent's with her weapon, think Ike’s F-Tilt. 8-10%
Up Tilt - a basic vertical slash, think Marth’s U-Tilt. 7-9%
Down Tilt – swipes once at the ground with her weapon, think Ike’s D-Tilt. 6-8%
Dash Attack – does a slide similar to Mario’s dash, it has a very laggy end. 7-8%

Neutral Air – spins her weapon in a horizontal position, 10-12%
Forward Air - same as F-Tilt but in the air, it has much less lag in comparison, 7-9%
Up Air - spins her weapon similar to Ike's U-Air, 10-12%
Down Air - thrusts her weapon downwards in a stabbing motion, can Meteor Smash (with the lance it may be the best in the game), 10-12%
Back Air - same as F-Air but backwards, has better knockback then it making it one of her few kill moves, 8-9%

Forward Smash – jumps slightly forward and slashes both of her weapons , sword 1st then the lance, it’s one of her few kill moves, has a good amount of lag in between weapons, Sword does 19-21%, Lance does 17-19%,
Up Smash - thrusts her equipped weapon up in the air in a motion similar to Marth’s U-Smash, has very little lag but has a low knockback (due to stabbing), 17-20%
Down Smash – slashes her weapon once forward then backwards in a similar to Marth’s D-Smash, 11-13%

Pummel – holds her weapon in one hand, the opponent in the other then, hits opponent with her knee, 2%
Forward Throw – bats the opponent forward with her weapon, it can Chain Grab, 5%
Up Throw - throws opponent up above her similar to Marth’s U-Throw, 3%
Down Throw - throws opponent down, jumps up and stabs them in the back with her weapon, it launches them upwards, does a great amount of damage, 10%
Back Throw – moves in front of the opponent, quickly turns around and bats them away with her weapon, has slightly more knockback then her F-Throw, 5%

Other:
3rd Jump – Summons her Pegasus briefly
Gliding - Summons her Pegasus
Glide Attack – jousts her weapon out for a quick sweep, as strong as Pit’s but has better range, is one of her killing moves, 12%

Taunts:
1. Playfully spins her lance/slashes her sword
2. Pets her Pegasus
3. Holds her weapon out, Says "I won't lose here!", if fighting Marth she says "Please stop my love..."

Costumes:
Green - Palla
Blue - Catria
Pink - Est
Orange - Elinca
White - Wedding Gown?

Kirby Hat: Gains her long blue hair, when copying her, he alternates between both her weapons,

Pros:
Fast
Amazing Range with her lance
Amazing Air game (next Jigglypuff?)
Best edgeguarder in the game (thanks to her Meteor Smash)
Can Chain Grab with her F-Throw
Great Recovery

Cons:
Poor Projectile
Low damage output
Very few kill moves
Light weight
Floaty

@Chrono: I'll be sure to read the manga when I get some spare time. :)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If there was ever a second character from FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12 it would be Nabarl (Sakurai bias). I don't know why people suggest Sheeda considering she is never a lord. There really is not a fanbase for Lyn, Micaiah, and Sheeda, and its probably more along the lines of "I just want there to be a female Fire Emblem character, and I will support whoever I feel is the most likely one to get in."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I should have said "most interesting lord CAPABLE OF BEING IN SMASH." Ephraim and Leaf don't have a shot.

But I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't want a FIRE SWORD wielder. RANGED ATTACKS. WITH FIRE. So cool.
He's not that interesting though... I mean in Melee the fire animations were just an afterthought...

Heck, Roy and Krom are both pretty lame. All the characters with interesting weapons aren't nearly as likely. Caeda, Black Knight, Micaiah, Lyn, Hector.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
@Pokemon Trainer + Donkey Kong: I would like them to come up with a DOWN B for them on air.
I've got something in mind for DK:

Donkey has no DownB move while airborne, so I think it would be a good idea to have him do that Kongo Clap from Jungle Beat. The Gamecube version has DK doing claps that are too overpowered; the sound waves are bigger than the diameter of Luigi's Final Smash's. It would be much better for him to use those sound shattering claps from the Wii version instead. In the New Play Control! version, Donkey's claps are directional instead of all around and therefore the hitbox is smaller. This is what I want DK to have. When he's in the air, you press DownB and he'll use that Kongo Clap but ONLY in a downward direction.

Now, I know that some people would oppose this because they hate Jungle Beat, so consider this: The DownB that DK currently has relies on vibrations as well. DK uses his hands to create a harmful force and that's the general idea of my proposal too. Also, its an extra move that's not replacing anything.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Don't forget Liz, Chrono.
Yeah, though she seems to be Mist 2.0. She seemed to be the next to inherit the "female flavor of the month" but as it became clear she was not a lord, they seemed to be backtracking back to Sheeda.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Let's move on, all of this Caeda hate is making me sad, nor do I want her to become the next Impa.

I will say, however, Pegasus Sisters for AT. :cool:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm doing a (B) moveset of any Pokemon right now. Any suggestions?
Magicarp. :troll:
3DS for Brawl like gameplay... Wii U for Melee like gameplay. Problem solved.
Make it Smash 64 inspired gameplay for the 3DS smash and we're good (and make the Wii U game "Melee inspired" instead of "Melee like" because we hate clones). :troll:
I'm really liking the possible idea Sakurai talked about where the 3DS version would be more single-player focused while the Wii U version is more multiplayer-focused, that just makes perfect sense to me and gets me hyped up for both of the games
Agreed. Handheld gaming systems tend to be more of a "personal experience" (as Sakurai says, which I agree with) than console gaming systems.
Though wish there's online for Smash Bros 3DS...
There will be. There will be...
People can't just say "I like Brawl, but I liked Melee a lot more." Never a crime to like both.
Brawl is fun to play (a bit frustrating to play competitively) but boring to watch, whereas Melee is REALLY FUN to play (at any level of experience) and also REALLY FUN to watch.

Melee is like football, except no or minimal breaks in between plays. It's just straight up crazy action. Brawl is like watching cricket. Slow and boring to watch for the most part, and takes way too long to finish.
Anyone up for Chrome vs Roy? Or are we just gonna accept that Chrome is the most probable choice for a character?
Let's wait until Krom's game comes out before "judging him." The same goes with any new unreleased Pokémon.

I guess you can judge Paletuna and Medusa off the first 2 Kid Icarus games and based on what little we have on Kid Icarus Uprising (which was released like... yesterday).
Nope. Roy 4 Smash and Ike FTW, Chrome can GTFO
Despite what I just said, this so far is my opinion. Although if there is room for 4, the 3 blue haired swordsmen can join each other in a blue o**y! :rotfl:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
BirthNote: yes I hate Jungle Beat, but that is an awesome idea still.

Shiida is good cause she's unique. And I believe her fanbase isn't too bad actually. She's easily the most regonizable character from FE1/3/DS/secondgameforDSlol besides Marth. Nabarl is a swordsmaster, and seeing how Marth plays in Smash already... I don't think Nabarl would bring in anything new. Marth even has a Critical Hit as a Final Smash, something Swords Masters are known for... :/

Yeah, it'll be Shiida most likely. But not before Krom. Or Ike. But she's a fair competition for Roy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You wanna know what I think should be universally agreed on..? :smirk:

D

Deleted member

Ike is Roy's competition? Fat chance.
Ike's already in Smash. He is no competition to anyone.
(Regardless to what people wish to believe, none of Brawl's characters are likely to be cut unless something ****s up like what happened with the cut Melee characters that aren't Young Link and Pichu.)
Roy's only legitimate competition is Krom, and even then, popularity trumphs relevance in the end.
Popularity is essentially one of Sakurai's guidelines for characters. Relevance is not.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Chrono
I'm getting a strong Dio Brando vibe from that guy.

Can someone explain this to me? Why is it that people bring up combos when all the combos in Smash have been correct DI readings. That's not a combo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
(Regardless to what people wish to believe, none of Brawl's characters are likely to be cut unless something ****s up like what happened with the cut Melee characters that aren't Young Link and Pichu.)
Roy's only legitimate competition is Krom, and even then, popularity trumphs relevance in the end.
Popularity is essentially one of Sakurai's guidelines for characters. Relevance is not.
Fire Emblem 3DS is getting lot's of hype still. Krom isn't as farfetched as you think. He's bound to get attention anyway for being the main character in the game. His popularity will clearly rise the sooner we get to his game's release date. And with the 3DS, big chance that we get some new elements in the game which would translate into abilities Krom would have. I just don't think you can rule him out so soon.

Krom, Ike and Roy all compete for a 2nd spot. And I really, really don't think Roy can hold up to those other characters. He's clearly not beating Ike at least, and Krom will most likely become a very popular suggestion. So unless 4 characters are planned, don't count on Roy.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For all we know Krom indeed has fire effect on his sword. What use would Roy then really have? Especially since you know... Ike suddenly could use fire out of his blade in Brawl. :/
You're acting like all Roy could do was shoot out fire out of his blade! :laugh: C'mon man! Ike already uses "fire" sword attacks.

The difference is their play styles. Roy could have an original moveset based off slashes from Fire Emblem 6, which consists mostly of quick stabs with a bit of after lag. Just go back and play the game, and you will see this. Roy could be a finesse-based, strong, above average weight, and a quick character who has a unique down side: a lot of his moves have after lag. There isn't a character like that in smash bros currently.
I dunno, I think Wolf stands a chance to be cut. After that, I don't see any cuts happening.

However, I agree with you on this. Roy definitely doesn't have to worry about Ike... because Ike seems like a lock. The same goes with Marth, except to a greater extent. I will wait to form an opinion on Krom, but unless his game is hugely popular or he is a straight up BAMF everyone loves, he won't be as popular or wanted as Roy. END OF DISCUSSION! :chuckle:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It could work, but why should they if they have Krom to work with? Or Ike?

Roy isn't beating Ike popularity wise. Anyone who was here pre-Brawl could confirm that. Ike support was everywhere. And I expect the same thing to happen with Krom.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
What about Paletuna or a potential retro character=??? Some people here seem to like Captain Syrup and Krystal too, although dang near no one knows who they are. :laugh:

@ Oasis
I raise you a cooler looking Ridley...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Forgot about Syrup, yeah, she'd be cool too. Palutena? Not a bad choice either. Krystal, ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.... she's not a horrible choice, but I think Falco and Wolf are enough for now

John's got the right idea. Meta Ridley FTW

D

Deleted member

@Diddy: You're clearly overhyping Krom. You act as though just by EXISTING, he's going to be this "oh so ****ing fantastic" character that everyone and their grandma will want to suck on.

And no, Ike is no competition. Marth and Ike are locks. EVERYONE from Brawl is pretty much a lock unless again, something ****s up within development.
Roy's only competition is Krom, and that's not much competition to begin with. Being new doesn't give Krom a bonus point, regardless of how you think.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

[COLLAPSE="SHE CLIMBED ****ING OLYMPUS MONS"]
[/COLLAPSE]

These are the Smash Sistahs we need. No one else
I would also throw in Palutena. Although Jody is cool, I don't see her getting in before Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh, especially considering the state of the F-Zero series (I am only seeing one F-Zero newcomer at most for Smash 4).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think Roy will be as popular as Krom is about to be. Remember that Roy was just about on 70% of everyone's cut list pre-Brawl. Ike suggested to replace him A LOT.

I am just baffled by the logic here... Can't y'all see the trend... It'll most likely always be Marth + most recent lord. Roy's game wasn't even RELEASED before Melee. How could he even add a character like that with your standards?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
Agreed. Syrup is cool, but forgettable. Krystal to me represents the awful era of the Star Fox franchise. And Fox, Falco, and Wolf are awesome.

Also, Meta Ridley, Omega Ridley, regular Ridley... JUST GIVEN ME MORE RIDLEYSSS!!! RIDLEY! RIDLEY RIDLEY! RIDLEY! *tries to start a chant*
Seriously, we need to start and end every post with a "Ridley for Smash" from here on out on this thread and the 3DS thread! :cool:
It could work, but why should they if they have Krom to work with? Or Ike?

Roy isn't beating Ike popularity wise. Anyone who was here pre-Brawl could confirm that. Ike support was everywhere. And I expect the same thing to happen with Krom.
I'm not arguing Roy will beat Ike. I think Marth and Ike are locks, and I think there will most likely be a 3rd Fire Emblem spot. The Fire Emblem series hasn't been all too hot lately (especially with Shadow Dragon's DS remake staying in Japan).

Again, a lot of casual smashers like Roy. They will want him back. They don't know Fire Emblem. Unless Krom is as awesome as Ike and stars in two games, he won't be anywhere near as popular as Roy... especially with the casual Roy fans so annoyed by his cut.

So far all you are referring to are people on forums. You gotta realize that like 80-90% of smash bros fans don't visit and post on those kinds of sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom